[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Methinks the love rivalry started when FJ woke up. :sweatingbullets: 

DH's quite shameless, he will be the biggest (tallest) kid joining the fun. He can always make LS and XY tag along, plus Ali, hahaha. :lol:

More like it started when BGG was conceived :joy: 

31 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

70% of them were novel fans hence they were very clear abt demanding VG and DR to be recasted as DH and FJ after learning from TMOPB that the actors were perfect fit for the respective roles , they were the same fans we have to thank for delaying pillow book drama production (coz of the crappy cast) which coincidentally brought enough time for  TMOPB to be released  first orelse we would have had Krish wu or jiro wang playing as DH and AL playing as FJ even before TMOPB had telecasted in TV. Then it would have been too late to discover that VG and DR were the perfect fit for the roles..

We really have to thank them or else I wouldn't be here at all. I can't imagine Kris Wu or Jiro Wang playing the role.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, the early fans are awesome! You've seen ahead how right Vengo and Reba are for the roles of DH and FJ. Whoever you are, many of us who came to know them later are very grateful. :kiss_wink:

Neither did Vengo and Reba disappoint as DH and FJ. They were exceptional! These are two roles that will be associated with them for a long time; they've set the bars high on smouldering chemistry, platinum locks, revered deity aura, eye speak, minute expressions, and extreme cuteness without grating the nerves. :blush:

They are the best for sure!

Can you imagine like in 10 or 15 or 20 yrs from now and they decides to do a reboot like hzgg... and they choose some random ppl to play them... idk if i wanna watch it if they do...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, triplesung said:

More like it started when BGG was conceived :joy: 

We really have to thank them or else I wouldn't be here at all. I can't imagine Kris Wu or Jiro Wang playing the role.

Ahahaha! He didn't know of BGG until his toddler son showed up, nor FJ knew she was pregnant until ZY told her. Let's see on next baby, hopefully some tidbits of it will be in Lotus Steps later chapters, or in Bodhi Fate.

Re: Children's day, DH will absolutely make sure LS and XY plus Ali join the fun. LS will look after Ali, XY will babysit BGG. Meanwhile, DH dates FJ. :lol:

The other candidates for the role of DH do not have the god aura V got in abundance. We also have to thank the director of TMOPB for the insight in switching the roles. Supposedly V was casted for a different character, and ZY TMOPB was supposed to be DH.

V was convincing as DH in TMOPB, but he was the much revered, majestic DH personified in ELOD.

Now that, is serendipity at work. :)

Hmm, if DH and FJ were not reprised by V and R, I believe ELOD series won't be as impressive.  Worse, no holds barred comparison for the ELOD DH and FJ to TMOPB DH and FJ, especially if they couldn't match the charm and elegance V and R exuded in TMOPB.

Though they had a made up, desolately concluded story in TMOPB, V and R were quite impressive in their roles as star-crossed lovers. There aren't really any better choices as DH and FJ for ELOD but V and R. Thankfully, they are the much beloved ELOD's Dong Hua Di Jun and Bai Feng Jiu. :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

They are the best for sure!

Can you imagine like in 10 or 15 or 20 yrs from now and they decides to do a reboot like hzgg... and they choose some random ppl to play them... idk if i wanna watch it if they do...

When I look back at 2020, my memories of it will be inevitably COVID19, lockdowns, curfews, coming and going in mask, protective glasses, and gloves. But happier moments would include getting into the 3W3L both shows and books, and the wonderful actors and actresses, Soompi :), and the awesome people here.

ELOD might be difficult to reboot, even after several years. :lol: It got the cult classic feels as early as now.

• Like 5

On 5/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, Ninky said:

I will try to explain:

Notable ancient high gods around the same age :

Dong Hua, Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan, Shao Wan, Zu Ti, Xie Ming (3 men and 3 women)

@Ninky

Can you explain a bit to me, I still havent read the next two books realesed chapters yet.

So who is

Notable ancient high gods Shao Wan, Zu Ti, Xie Ming. What relationships do they have with DH MY and whoever they are suppose to be with?

And why they fell into a deep slumber?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

@Ninky

Can you explain a bit to me, I still havent read the next two books realesed chapters yet.

So who is

Notable ancient high gods Shao Wan, Zu Ti, Xie Ming. What relationships do they have with DH MY and whoever they are suppose to be with?

And why they fell into a deep slumber?

@FoxontheMoon

Why the 3 girls are in a deep sleep will be revealed over the course of Lotus Step. 

The relationships between the gods will also be revealed over the course of both Lotus Step and Bodhi Fate. 

We will be translating all 24 chapters of Lotus Step released so far by Tang Qi for initial reader feedback. The full volume of the mortal arc (upper volumes) of the book is scheduled for publishing at the end of this year. 

Known things at this time:

1) Dong Hua and Shao Wan were BFFs. You will see their dynamic in Bodhi Steps

2) Xie Ming is the ancestor of siblings, Black underworld Lord, Xie Gu Chou and White underworld Lord, Xie Hua Lou. 

3) Shao Wan and Mo Yuan are lovers. Their story will be told in Bodhi Fate. 

4) Zu Ti is born from Light and born as a true goddess (high god) from the get go.

5) Zu Ti, Shao Wan and Xie Ming were good friends. Particularly Zu Ti and Shao Wan who were very close.

Everything else will be revealed over the next 4 books. Dong Hua is the present era’s greatest Lord but he will not be alone once everyone wakes up and returns to the 3L3W universe. 

As hinted by Tang Qi,  the balance will change once all ancient gods are back. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

11 minutes ago, Ninky said:

5) Zu Ti, Shao Wan and Xie Ming were good friends. Particularly Zu Ti and Shao Wan who were very close.

Tsk tsk, every feminine and effeminate friends will be mercilessly ribbed by Shao Wan when she's back. There's someone though who just might be skinned and roasted once Shao Wan is awake.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

53 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Why the 3 girls are in a deep sleep will be revealed over the course of Lotus Step. 

The relationships between the gods will also be revealed over the course of both Lotus Step and Bodhi Fate. 

We will be translating all 24 chapters of Lotus Step released so far by Tang Qi for initial reader feedback. The full volume of the mortal arc (upper volumes) of the book is scheduled for publishing at the end of this year. 

Known things at this time:

1) Dong Hua and Shao Wan were BFFs. You will see their dynamic in Bodhi Steps

2) Xie Ming is the ancestor of siblings, Black underworld Lord, Xie Gu Chou and White underworld Lord, Xie Hua Lou. 

3) Shao Wan and Mo Yuan are lovers. Their story will be told in Bodhi Fate. 

4) Zu Ti is born from Light and born as a true goddess (high god) from the get go.

Everything else will be revealed over the next 4 books. Dong Hua is the present era’s greatest Lord but he will not be alone once everyone wakes up and returns to the 3L3W universe. 

As hinted by Tang Qi,  the balance will change once all ancient gods are back. 

How about FJ's grandparent Bai Zhi and his wife lady Fumi ? Since Bai Zhi and DH was a former classmate , must be there an interesting interactions between them. For Bai Zhi, after many millenniums one of his classmates who is older than himself became a grand-in-law.. married to his beloved granddaughter.:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

49 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

How about FJ's grandparent Bai Zhi and his wife lady Fumi ? Since Bai Zhi and DH was a former classmate , must be there an interesting interactions between them. For Bai Zhi, after many millenniums one of his classmates who is older than himself became a grand-in-law.. married to his beloved granddaughter.:D

Lady Fumi is not Bai Zhi’s wife :). Bai Zhi’s wife is the Fox Queen. Lady Fumi is Feng Jiu’s maternal grandmother. She is the grand matriarch of the Red Fox clan.

FJ is the product of cross breeding between a crimson fox and a white nine-tailed fox. Which is why the pregnancy and birth was so arduous for her parents. Zhe Yan had to feed her mum with many elixirs.

But Bai Zhi knows Shao Wan. They were classmates at Water Marsh. And Bai Zhi used to fight under the command of Dong Hua. But he ironically became his grandson-in-law.

Henceforth Qing Qiu becomes the top clan outside of Nine Heavens. Who the heck will even dare offend them now, unless they are crazy.

Bai Zhi for his efforts in ending the war had the Eastern Realm cut to him when they were splitting up the territories among themselves after DH ended the constant warfare and united the realms.

He became the Fox King of Qing Qiu country. Be aware the Mo Yuan, as the person who marked the start of their era conferred all the present titles that people hold right now.

Don’t forget Mo Yuan is the son of ultimate first god to appear in the immortal realms and took over from Pan Gu the creator of heaven and earth - Fu Shen (Father God) & Mu Shen (Mother God).

That is why he is the right person to confer titles. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Tsk tsk, every feminine and effeminate friends will be mercilessly ribbed by Shao Wan when she's back. There's someone though who just might be skinned and roasted once Shao Wan is awake.

Yeah agree with you. We all know which dragon is going to become barbecued dragon. Muhahaha! I am so mean!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I remember a comic where FJ announces she is pregnant but then Dong Hua insists it is indigestion. When I read the comic, I thought Dong Hua seemed apprehensive. But who knows whether this occured pre-GG or post-GG. 

I’m just trying to picture how DH will act in the book when he learns the news FJ is pregnant with his second child.

we have seen him act childish and expressive in the drama, but in the BOOK, I am pretty sure in the BOOK, Dong Hua was not so expressive. His behavior was definitely territorial and childish, but his expression was mainly though his eyes.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I’m just trying to picture how DH will act in the book when he learns the news FJ is pregnant with his second child.

He'll be proud of himself. B) He and BGG will then plan and arrange the best care available for FJ and upcoming baby. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He'll be proud of himself. B) He and BGG will then plan and arrange the best care available for FJ and upcoming baby. 

I can picture him using spells to keep her in the palace uh oh!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I remember a comic where FJ announces she is pregnant but then Dong Hua insists it is indigestion. When I read the comic, I thought Dong Hua seemed apprehensive. But who knows whether this occured pre-GG or post-GG. 

we have seen him act childish and expressive in the drama, but in the BOOK, I am pretty sure in the BOOK, Dong Hua was not so expressive. His behavior was definitely territorial and childish, but his expression was mainly though his eyes.

So true..that why I am so shocked when DH laughing well eventhough it's just "a laugh" in Ep 30 on mark 39:50 When FJ unconsciously reveal the truth and told DH about her plans to steal pimpon fruit with XY.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

That was again his black humour at play. Especially in the original chinese meaning, totally his usual personality. HAHA! I'll eyeroll and say eh, that's Di Jun in a nutshell hahaha. :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

So true..that why I am so shocked when DH laughing well eventhough it's just "a laugh" in Ep 30 on mark 39:50 When FJ unconsciously reveal the truth and told DH about her plans to steal pimpon fruit with XY.

It can be FJ's daring antics are so surprisingly ingenious, DH just can't help himself but laugh after hearing the unexpected reason why she should go.  

Or...he's relieved to hear it wasn't a midnight "tryst", but a planned robbery gone awry. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

30 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I can picture him using spells to keep her in the palace uh oh!

Wards, Tiancang cage within Tiancang cage, lie detector son to help him, and DH stalking FJ even inside Tai Chen palace... 

The whole three years of it. :dizzy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Wards, Tiancang cage within Tiancang cage, lie detector son to help him, and DH stalking FJ even inside Tai Chen palace... 

The whole three years of it. :dizzy:

This might make FJ miss her pregnancy days in the mortal realm when her movements weren't so restricted :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5