[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

54 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Isn’t that from Green Willow Mansion when Wuji went back to pick the flower antidote? That’s Zhao Min giving him a kick and him blocking.

It is confirmed that this kick is an added scene that did not appear in mainland version 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Thank you thank you I enjoy reading it!! I have been pinning for you to post!! 

Coincidentally recently I also wrote a Chinese fan fic chapter on WBB going after Wuji with arrows but it's very plain in writing. It's ongoing, waiting to be up on LOFTER. Finally got myself an account hehe. 

OMG you have a Lofter account and posting there? How did you get around the need for a China cell phone number to post? I've been trying to comment on various fanfics there without success!  Share your secret!

7 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://m.weibo.cn/1807125770/4372702083016939

I will use this post of mine to add in "Cut scenes" discovered by weibo guys 

Will keep adding and edit this post 

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

OMG you have a Lofter account and posting there? How did you get around the need for a China cell phone number to post? I've been trying to comment on various fanfics there without success!  Share your secret!

Thank you!

Yes Yitian fan!! 

The secret is downloading the apps!! 

And change the country code of phone number to your country, add in your local number. 

Are u using apps? Or are u using iPhone? 

I heard that only android version can use international country phone code 

2 hours ago, kimmortal said:

Isn’t that from Green Willow Mansion when Wuji went back to pick the flower antidote? That’s Zhao Min giving him a kick and him blocking.

This scene isn't in the Mainland version. So, this is an ADD scene. Also a slow motion when Wuji return to the Green Lu Liu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesky888 said:

This scene isn't in the Mainland version. So, this is an ADD scene. Also a slow motion when Wuji return to the Green Lu Liu.

Oh! Then I have to tell you something. I’m watching it a second time in Vietnamese on Fim Plus so my memory of Mainland is off, but my memory of Viet version is good. I remember that kick, that’s why I replied so quickly without properly confirming. That means the Vietnamese version has that extra kick or slow-mo that you’re talking about.

Look here:

I’m sorry I have not been paying attention to any added shots. The flow of the series is still the same as when I watched it in Chinese so I automatically assumed it’s the same as original release. I just searched for that ep in Chinese on Youtube and it’s such a teeny tiny cut that it’s hardly noticeable. But can’t believe the cut the tiniest thing, when it barely saves them a second. That’s what—a milisecond?

Also, Fim Plus has released 40 episodes already, which has just ended at Wudan where YL shows up and WJ says he wants to take her with them to Ming Cult headquarters. It looks like it’s gearing for the same final 50 eps so no luck there.

11 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Oh! Then I have to tell you something. I’m watching it a second time in Vietnamese on Fim Plus so my memory of Mainland is off, but my memory of Viet version is good. I remember that kick, that’s why I replied so quickly without properly confirming. That means the Vietnamese version has that extra kick or slow-mo that you’re talking about.

Look here:

I’m sorry I have not been paying attention to any added shots. The flow of the series is still the same as when I watched it in Chinese so I automatically assumed it’s the same as original release. I just searched for that ep in Chinese on Youtube and it’s such a teeny tiny cut that it’s hardly noticeable. But can’t believe the cut the tiniest thing, when it barely saves them a second. That’s what—a milisecond?

The Vietnamese dub version is the same as the TVB version for eps 24. 

3 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

The Vietnamese dub version is the same as the TVB version for eps 24. 

Yeah, I forgot that the original question stated that the Viet community figured that out. I’m supposed to be part of that Viet community and I didn’t notice that it’s new lol. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Yeah, I forgot that the original question stated that the Viet community figured that out. I’m supposed to be part of that Viet community and I didn’t notice that it’s new lol. Sorry.

The Viet dub is out to eps 40.

Here’s another ADD that I didn’t notice when I watched it. On Weibo, someone was kind enough to compare:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4372473858016990

Thinking back, I was very confused about that whole exchange between BH and 6th hero about her clothes in Mainland version but I chalked it up to not understanding what they were saying. Turns out, they cut away a whole minute of BH giving away her clothes to the victims.

Hello 

My i join ?

i just recently log in again in Soompi after take a break for so long.

i love this 2019 version of series. especially i love chemistry between ZWJ and ZM

i love yukee since she played demon Princess in AOL. and when i know she played as ZM in my favorite Wuxia HSDS

i need to watched. and i finished it last month after hunting with translation( some indonesia and some english )  coz, i dont understand at all without translation, even though i read its Novel. 

I love all your analysis and observation to detail for each episodes. KUDOS to that! ( i only concentrate on plot and story LOL). Yes, the slow motion in first episodes make he headache but the since fighting scenes is not my focus so its OK for me. like you all, i love in this version ZWJ feeling to ZM is like an open book. everyone can guess when and how he fell to ZM. and glad to finally see not 2 dimensional ZZR in this version. eventhough she my least fav character, i kinda like her character. YX and JXF is also my fav OTP. this YX is new to me. and also ZD his comment add some humour in this version. 

Btw i love fanfic that you made for this version. TBH is my first time read fanfic again after so long. LOL.

but it so interesting, even i can imagine each scene vividly. 

looking forward your analysis and observation again. see you. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

The Night before the Wedding of Zhang Wuji and Zhou Zhi Ruo:

Zhaomin sat alone in a Little Inn in Hao Zhou. On the Table, there were 1 bottle of liqueor , and 2 sets of utensils. She looked sad and Moody. Occasionally she would picked up a cup of wine and drink solemnly.

Wuji could not get to sleep. He went out to the streets strolling around. He walked past this Little Inn. Suddenly, he thought of Min, so he went in. Coincidentally, Min was also inside. He was shocked.

“Miss Zhao, Why were you here?”

Min looked up at Wuji. She was a little taken aback to see him. “Zhang Jiao Zhu, tomorrow is your big day. You are so excited that you couldn’t sleep?"

Wuji thought to himself, “You have so many enemies in Hao Zhou, it is very dangerous for you to stay here.” He can’t help worrying for her.

Min laughed and said ,”why? Zhang Jiao Zhu doesn't dare to sit down and have a drink with me?”

Wuji sat down. Min Teased him, “I am here to attend your wedding.”

Wuji panicked upon hearing that, “what do you intend to do? Don’t do anything silly.”

“Zhang Wuji, let me ask you a question. You have to answer me truthfully. Can you not marry Zhou Zhiruo?”  Min asked.

“NO.”  Wuji answered.

“Do you really love her? Do you really think you will be happy if you marry her?” Min continued asking.

Wuji braced himself up, drank a cup of wine, and said, “Miss Zhao. You better forget about me.”

Min looked up at him tenderly, “Look at me, and Answer me. “

Wuji Trembled and replied, “Yes, I love her. I will be happy if I marry her. I will be with her for my whole life.”

Hearing these words from him personally, Min Teared. “How about me then? Have you ever loved me? Have you ever thought of being with me?”

Wuji tried to hold his emotions down, and forced himself to reply, “Miss Zhao, I am just an ordinary Guy. I am not worth your time….”

Min stared at him. “Why? You don’t dare to reply my question?”

Wuji replied harshly, “I DO NOT LOVE YOU. I had never thought of being together with you. We will never have a future together. Tomorrow, I am getting married. Let it go. “

“You are lying…” Min broke down.

Wuji hold back his tears, “Sorry.”

Min couldn’t stop crying. After she calmed down, she laughed, “I understand now. You only have some feelings for me but you do not Love me. I am willing to do anything for you but you don’t even wish to try. In your heart, I am not important at all. In this chaotic world, I only ask for true love. But it ended up as a laughing stock.”

Min took out Xie Xun’s gold hair and hand over to Wuji.

“I originally planned to clash your wedding with these hair tomorrow.”

Wuji was shocked, “Why did you have my Godfather’s hair? Where is he now?”

Min answered despondently, “I can only tell you that he is in Shaolin, the rest is up to you to find out yourself.”

She wiped her tears off and said. “Zhang Wuji. I wish you happiness. May We never meet again.”

She stood up and prepared to leave upon finishing her statement.

Wuji held her arm and asked anxiously, “Where do you intend to go?”

Min replied sadly, “I can’t go back to Prince Ruyang Residence anymore, Maybe I will go Mongolia, Maybe I will go Persia., or maybe some other places. I will not bother you again. I will stay away from you until I totally forget about you. “

After Min left the Little Inn, Wuji could not control his tears flowing anymore. “Minmin…. I am so…Sorry…”

Upon Returning to General Residence, He saw the red wedding decorations on the entrance. He couldn’t help it and Cried again. Yin Liu Shu and his wife Yang Bu Hui who arrived to attend his wedding in the day time, just came back from supper. They saw him crying.

Bu Hui asked, “Brother Wuji, the one you truly love is Miss Zhao, right? Then why did you want to marry Miss Zhou? You will only be happy if you marry the one you truly love. Otherwise, the 3 of you will suffer. "

Wuji replied calmly, “it’s too late now. I had already decided. Don’t talk about it anymore.”

Bu Hui continued. “I don’t want you to have any regrets.”

______

The Next Day, Wedding went on Smoothly.

After the wedding, Wuji discussed with Yang Xiao and the rest on how to save Xie Xun.

When the discussion was done, it was already very late at night. He slept in the Study Room.

Subsequently, every night after that, he started to get busy with matters in Ming Sect, Zhi Ruo also need to go back to Emei to see to some matters.. They got separated after a few days after the wedding without any consummation.

Ming Sect menbers headed to Shaolin. Wuji tried to sound some information on the whereabouts of Xie Xun. He tried to break the Jin Gang Demon Slaying Grid alone but failed to save his Godfather. Cheng Kun harmed the Abbott of Shaolin and distributed the Invitation cards for Lion Slaying Session.

Zhou Zhiruo also came to Shaolin to participate in this session.

Wuji, Yang Xiao and Fan Yao, once again tried to break the Jin Gang Demon Slaying Grid together but failed. Wuji felt very despondent.

In order to boost Emei’s reputation, Zhou ZhiRuo won several fights during Shaolin duel using JiuYin White Claws. Wuji asked her what are those evil martial arts displayed by her. She replied that she will tell him after Saving God Father. Both of them worked together and successfully broke through the Jin Gang Demon Slaying Grid set by the 3 Monks.

One of the Monks recognized that Zhou Zhi Ruo used the Jiu Yin White Claws. “I thought after Guo Jing Huang Rong passed away, this Martial Arts Lost its existence forever, I am so surprised that Someone still have the knowledge of it.”

Cheng Kun was blinded by Xie Xun and lost his Martial Arts ability.

Wuji Suddenly remembered Zhao Min’s insistence about Zhuo ZhiRuo being the murderer of Snake island. With the confirmation coming from The Monk about Jiu Yin White Claws, he started to suspect Zhiruo.

He asked her about the Snake Island incident.

Zhiruo admitted that everything at the Snake island was done by her. She decided to Admit because she thought that Wuji will definitely forgive her, since She helped him save his Godfather from Shaolin, and that Zhu-Er is still alive. She felt that sooner or later he will know, so it is best to come clean with it.

Wuji was not angry. He only felt that his heart was in deep pain. And when he thought of Minmin, that pain worsen.

To be Continued. (Part 4 onwards)

Previously I promised to translate a new Weibo Fan Fic.

TITLE:

If The Wedding Clash Never Happen (Part 1 / 2 / 3)

Original Author Weibo Link (For Chinese reader) : https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404370929407910326

Translation in Spoiler above.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Awwww both of them laugh happily 

https://m.weibo.cn/1729587885/4373023879036830

Wuji handbag is so cute

https://m.weibo.cn/5591062951/4372991288327642

Direct comparison between tvb and mainland. Sad that tvb took away one part that minmin smile playfully and cunningly 

https://m.weibo.cn/1869674990/4372996929827340

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Direct comparison between tvb and mainland. Sad that tvb took away one part that minmin smile playfully and cunningly 

https://m.weibo.cn/1869674990/4372996929827340

Nice comparison! Yes, Zhao Min’s smile is really enchanting. Too bad it’s cut. This makes me confident that the dvd release wouldn’t have these random cuts. Now we just gotta hope for actual added scenes and dialogues.

I think Wuji sounds great in both versions, but I prefer Zhao Min’s mandarin version because it sounds smoother. She extends some syllables because she’s sort of flirting or patronizing him, which makes her sound sexier.

In Cantonese her words simply end where they’re supposed to end, so it sounds flat. No feeling. Does that make sense?

• Like 1