[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

On 4/27/2018 at 8:04 PM, shamrockmom said:

I used to hate the Grandma so much, but now Bok Shil's mom is the worst for rejecting her daughter. That scene outside the nightclub was brutal. I felt very sad for Bok Shil.

Question: Are the songs that Bok Shil and Hye Ran sing original compositions for the drama, or are the songs ones that were popular back in the 1960's when the drama is set. Just curious...

The mother is an ignorant woman who knows nothing about the real world. What world does she live in where everyone view singers as clowns? In her mind, the two people she talks to outside her family is the world-_- A singer with a good songwriter and producer would be well respected if given the chance. Let be honest here, the mother only wanted the eldest son to shine while other three stay invisible to keep the gossip down. What BS hated most about growing up poor was everybody looked down on her because she wasn't educated. She wants to be more than somebody wife and mother. A mother should see that as something admirable but no, BS is stuck with an old hag who constantly yells and always threaten to shave her bald. The poor girl has one f**k up family. 

Also, I was thinking the songs were written for the characters to perform throughout the drama because I don't hear any of them in the OST.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, whome said:

Does Sang Pil also like Bok Shil?

Yeah.

In the poster you can see BS/KH/SP.

I hated when Minji said SP is not family.
She's treating him like JH is treating her.

KH mother has a job but i feel like she always gossiping about people.

Spineless mom is nicer to a stranger that doesn't pay the meals then her daughter.

The stranger seems to be CJ grandfather.

@0ly40 Thank you so much for posting the OST Pt. 3. I think that song is so pretty, plus I was able to find the website with the lyrics in Korean, so I can follow along. Please post other OST's if you can--they are much appreciated

On 5/1/2018 at 4:18 AM, ezacessline90 said:

I watched episode 54 with the subs and i agree with the grandmother.
The mother is awful to say she wants to forget she had a daughter.

When CJ said she wants to date Alain Delon it made me smile as a French.

Ha! Alain Delon was quite the "hottie" back in the day ! Choon Ja has some good taste in men--at least the kind who are in movies...

m3ntpYx.jpg

Looks like JH and SY are gonna find out about each other very quickly. I like that this is not being dragged out (so far) SY looks like she is gonna be cold as ice to him and he's gonna keep trying to talk to her. Interesting that he got SY pregnant in 'one-shot' but not Min Ji. 

Today episode is not subbed yet, at least when i'm writing this post.

So i don't know if we learn something important.

But JH is quite funny, he's loosing his mind.

I have to say i don't really care about CJ grandfather.

Maybe he will bring something interesting to the story though.

Something i'm looking forward is what will happen to Minji dad.

His old friend knows he might be betrayed and it seemed he prepared something.

@ezacessline90 you might be interested to know that the background music from the scene in Ep. 57 where Min Ji and SY are having lunch together:

WPLEZud.jpg?1

is by a Frenchman, Paul Mauriat. Link to him conducting "Love is Blue" with his own orchestra.

I believe it began as an instrumental piece, then lyrics were added later. Click the link to see the lyrics (in English, sorry)  which perfectly fit this scene. It's also period-correct, as this came out in 1968-1969. I remember hearing it on the radio as a very young child (!)

An utterly fantastic choice by the music director! 

14 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

@ezacessline90 you might be interested to know that the background music from the scene in Ep. 57 where Min Ji and SY are having lunch together:

is by a Frenchman, Paul Mauriat. Link to him conducting "Love is Blue" with his own orchestra.

I believe it began as an instrumental piece, then lyrics were added later. Click the link to see the lyrics (in English, sorry)  which perfectly fit this scene. It's also period-correct, as this came out in 1968-1969. I remember hearing it on the radio as a very young child (!)

An utterly fantastic choice by the music director! 

Oh that's interesting.

It's just a drama but it's nice to hear the music that was popular in Korea back then.

Poor SY.

Now she has to deal with JH who thinks she chose Minji boutique on purpose.

21 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

Oh that's interesting.

It's just a drama but it's nice to hear the music that was popular in Korea back then.

Poor SY.

Now she has to deal with JH who thinks she chose Minji boutique on purpose.

I have no idea if "Love is Blue" was popular in Korea back in the '60's, but I do know it was popular in the US. It did take 4th place at the 1967 Eurovision song contest, so it was definitely known worldwide. There have been some other great 60's music selections for the scenes at the teahouse and restaurant. 

If JH thinks SY chose Min Ji's boutique to work at just because of him, he is suffering from narcissistic personality disorder! I get angry at him for dumping SY and going after Min Ji....then I remember how Spineless Mom and Greedy Grandmother put so much pressure on him, plus they never told him about his father....and how he got all the way thru Law School and took the bar like 4 times before he passed. He and Sang Pil are two very conflicted and complicated characters. One thing for sure, JH will lose his mind when he finds out about his son. 

Things are getting interesting.

I can't wait to read the subtitles to see what SY said.

I only understand idiot lol.

But looking at the preview it seems JH will put SY in a dangerous situation.

Minji is a moody girl so if she thinks there's something between the two she will probably bully SY.

And the assistant might say what she witnessed.

CJ is so spoiled i feel like her father should act like BS mother.
So she would find a work and manage her money.
And she will see that meat is not cheap.

She has an unhealthy obsession towards JT.
In the oldest episodes she sold the coals to buy a jacket and JT didn't want it.

Like he told she needs to wake up.
She's only hurting herself.

SP and BS were in a restaurant and cooked  the meat lol.

SY is not lucky with work.

It looks like she will go to the factory where the boss tried to abuse her.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, ezacessline90 said:

CJ is so spoiled i feel like her father should act like BS mother.
So she would find a work and manage her money.
And she will see that meat is not cheap.

She has an unhealthy obsession towards JT.
In the oldest episodes she sold the coals to buy a jacket and JT didn't want it.

Like he told she needs to wake up.
She's only hurting herself.

SP and BS were in a restaurant and cooked  the meat lol.

SY is not lucky with work.

It looks like she will go to the factory where the boss tried to abuse her.

Certainly, JT was very blunt with CJ today. "You are not a woman to me!" CJ's head must be solid concrete. 

What was SP thinking? He should have paid more attention to the time. That was a bonehead move on his part, especially since he was the one who told Bok Shil not to be seen with other men so there was no scandal. They both had to do the "walk of shame" leaving the inn, and Hye Rin caught them. 

It did seem silly that they both slept sitting up. I guess they didn't watch "My Husband Oh Jak Doo" because SP and BS could have put the blankets on the floor and used toilet paper to divide the room like they did! :D

Looks like SY wanted to get a job and an advance in pay from her lecherous former boss. I know she wants to pay Min Ji and leave the boutique, but I am glad the boss said no. Nothing is worth the sexual harassment she'd have to endure there. :angry: I wish JT would step in and marry SY. It would be a fantastic smackdown of JH, he could protect his little nephew, and SY's life might be easier. I know it won't happen, but I really want something better for JT than CJ. 

I really like how this show moves along. Compared to a lot of daily dramas, it's not dragging. I feel like the acting skills of JH, SP, JT, and SY are improving week by week. 

3 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

Certainly, JT was very blunt with CJ today. "You are not a woman to me!" CJ's head must be solid concrete. 

What was SP thinking? He should have paid more attention to the time. That was a bonehead move on his part, especially since he was the one who told Bok Shil not to be seen with other men so there was no scandal. They both had to do the "walk of shame" leaving the inn, and Hye Rin caught them. 

It did seem silly that they both slept sitting up. I guess they didn't watch "My Husband Oh Jak Doo" because SP and BS could have put the blankets on the floor and used toilet paper to divide the room like they did! :D

Looks like SY wanted to get a job and an advance in pay from her lecherous former boss. I know she wants to pay Min Ji and leave the boutique, but I am glad the boss said no. Nothing is worth the sexual harassment she'd have to endure there. :angry: I wish JT would step in and marry SY. It would be a fantastic smackdown of JH, he could protect his little nephew, and SY's life might be easier. I know it won't happen, but I really want something better for JT than CJ. 

I really like how this show moves along. Compared to a lot of daily dramas, it's not dragging. I feel like the acting skills of JH, SP, JT, and SY are improving week by week. 

And there's also a new character coming and she will fall in love with JT according to the preview.

The only reason SP told BS that is to have her for himself tbh.

I'm nitpicking but it would be great if they do something about CJ grandfather, CJ and BS brother.

I don't understand why the old man is back.

Is there something about CJ mother he wants to say?

And BS younger brother composed some music, it was interesting.

Let's hope we know more about his passions.

The drama may have some flaws but i love seeing the characters  everyday.

It's the first morning daily drama i watch so i don't know if the ratings are good.

But i hope they are.

CJ still didn't get the memo.

She's only hurting herself doing that.

JT will finally learn about Min Su father so it means JH will have a breakdown soon haha.

JT and JW are the less controlling guys in this drama.

SP has a creepy behavior towards BS.

KH was a bit over the top with the punch.

And JH who wants SY to find another work.

Hi been following this tv novel from day one. JT now knows the truth about Min Su and I think he will now play a more active role in their lives while shielding this info from JH.

24 minutes ago, lin55 said:

Hi been following this tv novel from day one. JT now knows the truth about Min Su and I think he will now play a more active role in their lives while shielding this info from JH.

Well according to the preview for episode 67 it seems JT won't be able to hide that info haha.

Archived