[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

Ok just watched it raw so really not following  JT/JH conversation but anyone who knows the language pls enligten me .. did JH ask his brother JT to protect SY/Minsu.  If thats the case I am still shipping a SY/JT.

Plus I could not understand the reaction at the end after FIL slaps him for betraying MJ and him,  JH (and everyone for that matter) looked shocked that MJ asked for a divorce.  JH still wants to be married to that shrieking banshee??  How do you still hope to save yr marriage and stay in that house with this train wreck of  relationships.  He has forgotten just a day ago he was so besotted over Minsu that he could not let the baby go.  Was so hoping he would divorce her and return back home to his family and we can now move on to that wanna be congressman thief's past shady life.

Grandma n mum visit SY in next episode

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lin55 said:

Ok just watched it raw so really not following  JT/JH conversation but anyone who knows the language pls enligten me .. did JH ask his brother JT to protect SY/Minsu.  If thats the case I am still shipping a SY/JT.

Plus I could not understand the reaction at the end after FIL slaps him for betraying MJ and him,  JH (and everyone for that matter) looked shocked that MJ asked for a divorce.  JH still wants to be married to that shrieking banshee??  How do you still hope to save yr marriage and stay in that house with this train wreck of  relationships.  He has forgotten just a day ago he was so besotted over Minsu that he could not let the baby go.  Was so hoping he would divorce her and return back home to his family and we can now move on to that wanna be congressman thief's past shady life.

Grandma n mum visit SY in next episode

Maybe because it's rare for a woman especially in Korea to divorce in that era.

He might be the one who studied a lot but he's  a bit dumb sometimes.

I hate the grandma, she's the worst :angry: the mother is not better thinking about.

Asking for forgiveness to Minji.

What about SY who has to raise a baby almost alone and works so much.

Spineless mom and her weren't able to raise the family, they put so much focus on JH that he ended like that.

Even if SY and JT are on SY side it's going to be tough for her.

That was one stellar acting episode for the actress who plays Min Ji! How exhausting to have to scream so much...We all hate her, but that's because she's a good actress. 

Spineless Mom and Greedy Granny have some chutzpah wanting to raise Min Soo and take him from SY. They are hardly paragons of parenting skill. Please Writer-nim, don't give them another child to screw up! :crazy:

I am with you @lin55 totally shipping JT and SY. At least JT has a functional moral compass! I pray he gets them out of Seoul and away from Lunatic Min Ji, her toxic family, the Two-headed Snake Sang Pil and the Spineless Mom/Greedy Granny combo. 

A divorce would be the easy way out for JH. It could happen. Thieving Dad does not like to see his little girl unhappy. He doesn't want a scandal before the election, so JH might be trapped. 

There are ~40 episodes left. The writer-nim had better get moving on the downfall of Thieving Dad and his Greasy Minion. I'm here to see some Karma dished out! :angry: 

@ezacessline90 I'd give you a hundred likes for your previous post if I could! 

I'm curious to know what YJ father says to JT.
To take care of her and he wants his daughter to be happy maybe.

SY is going to end at the hospital with all the bullying.

After the grandma loosing her mind it's Minji mother who slaps SY.

Lol at JH coming back to SY and smiling about Minsu.

He would like to keep his marriage for the money and still sees his baby like nothing happened.

45 minutes ago, ezacessline90 said:

I'm curious to know what YJ father says to JT.
To take care of her and he wants his daughter to be happy maybe.

SY is going to end at the hospital with all the bullying.

After the grandma loosing her mind it's Minji mother who slaps SY.

Lol at JH coming back to SY and smiling about Minsu.

He would like to keep his marriage for the money and still sees his baby like nothing happened.

Not quite sure but i heard him say that he was going to send her overseas for treatment (china.??) and to be good to her until then... he was aware that JT knew her medical condition n was being nice to her out of concern not ulterior motive.  He seems like a nice man (how does it tie up to the main plot.... who exactly is this rich family YJ  comes from and some how I still think its Haemeyeong boss who is Daeguk's business rival).

Grandma that old dinosaur of a korean matriarch.... what right has she to tell SY give us the child and start her life over.  Uuuuurrgggghh unbelieveable.  She seem to think they hv more rights to JH's child cos he was a sperm donor, wants to take the child to register him as their family.  The abandonment, the 9 months she carried and delivered and raised that child is just wiped off as if its immaterial.

2 hours ago, lin55 said:

Not quite sure but i heard him say that he was going to send her overseas for treatment (china.??) and to be good to her until then... he was aware that JT knew her medical condition n was being nice to her out of concern not ulterior motive.  He seems like a nice man (how does it tie up to the main plot.... who exactly is this rich family YJ  comes from and some how I still think its Haemeyeong boss who is Daeguk's business rival).

Grandma that old dinosaur of a korean matriarch.... what right has she to tell SY give us the child and start her life over.  Uuuuurrgggghh unbelieveable.  She seem to think they hv more rights to JH's child cos he was a sperm donor, wants to take the child to register him as their family.  The abandonment, the 9 months she carried and delivered and raised that child is just wiped off as if its immaterial.

That's interesting.

Thanks to that charcter we might discover some things.

I'm so focused on SY/JH that i forgot to mention Hyerin.

It's not BS fault if she was sick but i wonder if Hyerin father could complain to Thieving dad that his daughter ended up being sick.

And funny how KH father found the strenght to claim money to CJ father.

Another low class family, it's a miracle KH is smart.

Both Grandma and eek meek mouse mum are a materialistic pair advising JH not to divorce MJ as he has to consider what he has married to her.  They know for a fact he does not care for MJ and that marriage is in shambles, his FIL slapped him and his MIL cussed him out infront of them but for status and financial gain he is adviced to stay in the marriage.  Jh knows which side of his bread is buttered n has no intention in returning to his old life style.

His previous reasons for the marriage (with the exception  of he being gainfully

employed) does not apply now, they can survive now financially.  So its plain old greed of Jh, grandma n mum for their choices now.

My wish .......I just want JT to take SY and Minsu away and disappear,  hoping for a time jump and they can reappear as a family with Minsu as a young boy refering to JT as 'Oboeji' (sigh)

I can’t stand SP.  He’s one of those people that shakes your hand with his right  hand and stabs you with his left.  Ughhhhh,  if BS chooses him over KH,  she’s an idiot.   Poor KH,  his mother is crazy,  his father is spineless as JH’s mother, and he’s letting the girl he loves go, because her happiness is important to him “ sniff”.  I don’t know how he grew up to be such a nice person with such disfuntional parents.  

Did anyone realise even after the truth about Minsu came out,  MJ's dad was upset that if the divorce got underway it would ruin his campaign and election even before it got underway.  So definitely he is not having them divorced as  his wife demands, he will make sure that JH stays married to MJ so as to further his political ambition. So they will keep this a closely guarded secret and JH will ensure both SY and Minsu are kept out of sight with JT help, while he carries on with his sham married life as long as he gets to run Daeguk Constrction.  He and his FIL are cut from the same cloth, both profess to love their respective child but blatantly put their own ambitions ahead of everything.

I cant wait for the day JH pays for his actions.  I remember being so appalled by his decision to spent one night with SY while planning to abandon her.  Slimeball  taking advantage of a trusting young girl as a reward to himself before shackling himself for monetary gains to MJ.

I know people are feeling sorry for KH but I didn't like his relationship with BS from the start. Yes, KH is a nice smart guy but let's face it he's boring as hell. There's is no chemistry at all between the two. It looks like they're trying to force a friendship into a relationship. Also, look at his parents. Who would want to marry into that? BS do seem to like KH but she's right in not wanting to put up with insult after insult by his loud mouth mother. She did well by putting up with it this long. I'm not saying I'm supporting SP because I don't like him either. This is the first drama where I prefer the female lead to be by herself.  BS brothers are not helping the situation either. They believe BS should wait while KH "handles" his mother. You would think they never met this man's mother. KH can't control his mother nor reason with her. Its unfortunate he was born to parents like this but what can he do? He can't change who he is and I think BS realizes this. 

The last episode was disgusting. What mother ask another mother to give up their child? Someone who selfish and inhuman. Its bad enough JH betrayed her in the most cruelly way possible, but the grandmother expects her to give away the one thing that gave her a  reason to live.  I glad JT told her off and he needs to do it again loudly. SY also needs to grow a spine. Why is she such a pushover! I wouldn't let that old woman in my house even if it saved my life. She had to know from past experience she's not there for her sake. SY aunt may be annoying but she spoke a lot of truth in this episode when she said they had no right to be there. I truly hope the baby stays with his mother and not with crazy MJ nor JH's family. 

11 hours ago, lin55 said:

Did anyone realise even after the truth about Minsu came out,  MJ's dad was upset that if the divorce got underway it would ruin his campaign and election even before it got underway.  So definitely he is not having them divorced as  his wife demands, he will make sure that JH stays married to MJ so as to further his political ambition. So they will keep this a closely guarded secret and JH will ensure both SY and Minsu are kept out of sight with JT help, while he carries on with his sham married life as long as he gets to run Daeguk Constrction.  He and his FIL are cut from the same cloth, both profess to love their respective child but blatantly put their own ambitions ahead of everything.

I cant wait for the day JH pays for his actions.  I remember being so appalled by his decision to spent one night with SY while planning to abandon her.  Slimeball  taking advantage of a trusting young girl as a reward to himself before shackling himself for monetary gains to MJ.

JH is a product of his upbringing aka "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree". His Greedy Granny is simply the worst. Absolutely the most selfish and materialistic grandmother I've seen yet. To ask SY to give up MS is beyond the pale. I love that JT didn't hold back and hollered at his Greedy Granny to back down. I really hope SY runs far away with Min Soo. What was the Bald Chubby Minion doing spying on her anyways and then reporting back to his boss Greasy Minion?

I would've had more respect for JH if he had simply manned up back then and told SY to her face why he was dumping her and marrying Min Ji. And c'mon! JH shoulda used some protection if he was gonna do **that**  with SY on their trip for crying out loud. If he'd kept his 'beef burrito' wrapped, we wouldn't have a drama be roundly cursing him right now. They had 'beef burrito wrappers' back in 1969! Sheesh. (My late mom used to regale my high-school age kids with tales of how guys bought protection from a pharmacist who put them in a brown paper bag back in the 1950's!)   

I have to admit that JH trapped in his sham marriage with screechy MJ is its own punishment. Divorce would be merciful for JH, but he's not gonna get that.

@addicted2kdramasI agree with you. I have no idea how KH grew up to be a decent person given his idiot parents. He's the one apple that fell far, far, far from the tree! I already feel sorry for whoever he marries--dealing with his mom would make any decent girl run for the hills. SP is also irritating; he professes to love BS, but he will break her heart for sure given he's just as selfish as the rest of Thieving Dad's family. 

2 hours ago, ezacessline90 said:

The grandma saying to SY she's a cruel thing is the biggest joke of the week.

I like how JT raised his voice to his grandma.
As usual it proves JT is smart.

Minji dad asked SY to leave.
I hope she will find a safe place.

SY along  with MS disappeared ....MJ father threatened SY saying that he will deal with Minsu if she does not go way quietly.  He is safeguarding himself against any rumors that could tarnish his campaign and electiion.  What a vicious man. We know he would never hv any grand kids plus we the fortune teller said he will never succeed in his political aims.  Double whammy! He belong behind bars.

That old lady and her so called blood ties. What a completely unfeeling piece of human garbage, she is forever asking SY to give up what little she has for JH's sake.

And I absolutely adore how JT erupts so passionately when anyone gives SY a hard time, I wish he could come to realise he does hv some feelings for SY, she even embraced him once to give him cover from the police.  He could register as the father of MS .... that would solve harmoni blood ties issue and Minsu can carry the 'Oh' family name. I hope JT finds where SY and MS and protect them from all these vicious snakes.

JH staying put in the marriage asking MJ to accept him as he has sent SY/Minsu away saying he wont waver anymore.  Almost whacked his face on my ipad....digusting prick had no intention of wavering, he always knew he would choose marriage to MJ as his ultimate choice to get ahead in life.

@shamrockmom  I like yr phrase 'beef burrito', well I am going to pray JH beef burrito stop functioning altogether for the rest of his life. This one little prick who should not procreate.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:07 AM, lin55 said:

SY along  with MS disappeared ....MJ father threatened SY saying that he will deal with Minsu if she does not go way quietly.  He is safeguarding himself against any rumors that could tarnish his campaign and electiion.  What a vicious man. We know he would never hv any grand kids plus we the fortune teller said he will never succeed in his political aims.  Double whammy! He belong behind bars.

That old lady and her so called blood ties. What a completely unfeeling piece of human garbage, she is forever asking SY to give up what little she has for JH's sake.

And I absolutely adore how JT erupts so passionately when anyone gives SY a hard time, I wish he could come to realise he does hv some feelings for SY, she even embraced him once to give him cover from the police.  He could register as the father of MS .... that would solve harmoni blood ties issue and Minsu can carry the 'Oh' family name. I hope JT finds where SY and MS and protect them from all these vicious snakes.

JH staying put in the marriage asking MJ to accept him as he has sent SY/Minsu away saying he wont waver anymore.  Almost whacked his face on my ipad....digusting prick had no intention of wavering, he always knew he would choose marriage to MJ as his ultimate choice to get ahead in life.

@shamrockmom  I like yr phrase 'beef burrito', well I am going to pray JH beef burrito stop functioning altogether for the rest of his life. This one little prick who should not procreate.

Yessss! This needs to happen. That scene where SY hid JT from the cops by hugging him was fireworks. Anyone who watched that scene could see it. The question is: Did the writer throw that in as a red herring, or was it a clue to the outcome of the drama? I had hoped the scene where CJ defended JT from the thugs (far more than wimpy JH did) was a turnaround for that character, but that didn't happen. 

@lin55 I don't think we will have to worry about JH having more offspring. Your Ipad screen should be safe. He's not worth an Ipad screen.  (I'm guilty of wrecking a tablet over a kdrama too.) 

I'm betting that MJ is infertile, but then again, perhaps his 'beef burrito' will be rendered non-functional due to the combination of  MJ's screeching and his newly acquired drinking habit. It would be pure justice if the only kid he ever has....is the one he can't be with, and/or he then has to watch his brother raise his son with the woman he loves and have other kids with her. That's some delicious, crunchy, and savory Karma right there! 

Then again, what if Min Ji was actually pregnant right now? JH would then forever be trapped with that family, with "the thread that cannot be broken". I would pity any child born into that dysfunctional family. 

I gotta laugh at the fact that Min Ji's boutique is likely to go belly-up without SY there as a seamstress. Similarly, Thieving Dad needs JH there to run his construction business so he can pursue the ultimate in con artistry aka politics. Min Ji can't comprehend that without a good seamstress she is out of business,  but Thieving Dad knows he needs JH to run his company more than his daughter needs a husband. He might be better at it too. 

I wonder if Spineless Mom and Greedy Granny have even a minute of guilt over what they put JH through, both in the past and currently. That restaurant Spineless Mom owns was purchased with her oldest son's soul. Like any good Kdrama, this one has it's social commentary points. One of them must be of the dangers of stratospheric expectations on children, along with how ridiculous and outdated Greedy Granny's ideas are. 

18 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

Yessss! This needs to happen. That scene where SY hid JT from the cops by hugging him was fireworks. Anyone who watched that scene could see it. The question is: Did the writer throw that in as a red herring, or was it a clue to the outcome of the drama? I had hoped the scene where CJ defended JT from the thugs (far more than wimpy JH did) was a turnaround for that character, but that didn't happen. 

@lin55 I don't think we will have to worry about JH having more offspring. Your Ipad screen should be safe. He's not worth an Ipad screen.  (I'm guilty of wrecking a tablet over a kdrama too.) 

I'm betting that MJ is infertile, but then again, perhaps his 'beef burrito' will be rendered non-functional due to the combination of  MJ's screeching and his newly acquired drinking habit. It would be pure justice if the only kid he ever has....is the one he can't be with, and/or he then has to watch his brother raise his son with the woman he loves and have other kids with her. That's some delicious, crunchy, and savory Karma right there! 

Then again, what if Min Ji was actually pregnant right now? JH would then forever be trapped with that family, with "the thread that cannot be broken". I would pity any child born into that dysfunctional family. 

I gotta laugh at the fact that Min Ji's boutique is likely to go belly-up without SY there as a seamstress. Similarly, Thieving Dad needs JH there to run his construction business so he can pursue the ultimate in con artistry aka politics. Min Ji can't comprehend that without a good seamstress she is out of business,  but Thieving Dad knows he needs JH to run his company more than his daughter needs a husband. He might be better at it too. 

I wonder if Spineless Mom and Greedy Granny have even a minute of guilt over what they put JH through, both in the past and currently. That restaurant Spineless Mom owns was purchased with her oldest son's soul. Like any good Kdrama, this one has it's social commentary points. One of them must be of the dangers of stratospheric expectations on children, along with how ridiculous and outdated Greedy Granny's ideas are. 

My first reaction was no, but thinking about it makes sense.

Episode 90 is only in  two weeks well it's sunday so i'm counting like that.

So i wonder what will happen tomorrow and the rest of the week.

The actress who plays Minji mom posted that.

Full size in case you want to decipher the dialogue.

Spoiler

33136835_1516939915095430_35599406718653

On 6/6/2018 at 1:38 PM, shamrockmom said:

That was one stellar acting episode for the actress who plays Min Ji! How exhausting to have to scream so much...We all hate her, but that's because she's a good actress. 

Spineless Mom and Greedy Granny have some chutzpah wanting to raise Min Soo and take him from SY. They are hardly paragons of parenting skill. Please Writer-nim, don't give them another child to screw up! :crazy:

I am with you @lin55 totally shipping JT and SY. At least JT has a functional moral compass! I pray he gets them out of Seoul and away from Lunatic Min Ji, her toxic family, the Two-headed Snake Sang Pil and the Spineless Mom/Greedy Granny combo. 

A divorce would be the easy way out for JH. It could happen. Thieving Dad does not like to see his little girl unhappy. He doesn't want a scandal before the election, so JH might be trapped. 

There are ~40 episodes left. The writer-nim had better get moving on the downfall of Thieving Dad and his Greasy Minion. I'm here to see some Karma dished out! :angry: 

@ezacessline90 I'd give you a hundred likes for your previous post if I could! 

Thanks @shamrockmom  I've been watching bits and pieces here and there and couldn' figure out why granny wanted the baby.. She should have known the girl wasn't going to give up her baby to be sold off to a family just because they have money..  Couldn't believe the old bat was determine to runoff with the baby.. I'm questioning who is the guy watching whats going on around her and who else knows that this is the spoiled brats hubby baby my guess is everyone knows except the baby father..

Archived