[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

Bet that lottery ticket is a counterfeit one .... Mal Soon with money would be unbearable.  When they go to claim that money there will be a long queue of people with same lottery numbers.  She shows no gratitude to BS's family, when fleeing the war it was BS's mum who shared what lttle food they had with her family and when her hubby almost lost his job at the cabaret it was JT who vouched for them n went to work for that slimeball thug.  Hope karma comes along and bite's Mal soon ample rear end soon.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lin55 said:

Bet that lottery ticket is a counterfeit one .... Mal Soon with money would be unbearable.  When they go to claim that money there will be a long queue of people with same lottery numbers.  She shows no gratitude to BS's family, when fleeing the war it was BS's mum who shared what lttle food they had with her family and when her hubby almost lost his job at the cabaret it was JT who vouched for them n went to work for that slimeball thug.  Hope karma comes along and bite's Mal soon ample rear end soon.

I didn't think about that!

I just thought it was unfair she ends up winning a lot of money with her attitude.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:18 PM, lin55 said:

Just watched raw couple of hrs back.  Ending has BS having enough of Mal Soon nastiness towards mum n harmoni and stating she wont see KH anymore.... mmm wonder how much of it has to do woth SP running into her earlier declaring he likes her, trust him, he will make her a singer... so I guess that is that,  not that I am bothered really who she ends up with as long as KH does not end up with Hyerin as he is too nice a guy to deserve such a lifelong misery.

JH trying rationalise to JT reasons for leaving cos their dad has been branded a traitor and as result they have all been blacklisted by association. As a result he could not get a job and decided to dump SY for MJ to improve their dire financial.  Oh yeahI am sure that his greed had nothing to do with it.

Preview MJ discovering Minsu and I am sure SP back stabbing JH has everything to do with .  Just a trvial observation.... why is that baby left on his own sometimes especially during a switch between aunt n SY ?  I understood that they asked the neighbour to sometimes keep an eye on him but it just does not sit well with me at the same time I do understand SY situation.

Sure it did. Along with the fact that he felt trapped as the oldest son, and responsible for the entire family thanks to his mom and grandma. What were his options after finding out his dad was branded a Commie and he was guilty by association? He had no good options. No one would hire him, unless they needed unskilled manual labor and didn't run a background check. Working at a construction site may have been honest hard work, but it was not gonna support his family including SY. Sure, I hate that he dumped SY and went for MJ. That was a serious D-bag move on his part, and I hope she never takes him back. But that is why this show is so enjoyable. One dimensional bad guys are uninteresting. JH needs to take some blame for the situation, and so does his Spineless Mom and Greedy Granny, who put so much pressure on JH, and were both so condemning of SY at first. I actually like how MS reminds them how hypocritical they are!

On 6/1/2018 at 5:44 AM, ezacessline90 said:

Mal Soon is a witch omg.

It's not like she's better educated than BS.

KH should take the money and leave alone.

JT is starting to take JH defense so maybe the secret about the father will be revealed.

CJ is so dumb that she made me laugh and embarrassed.

Stalking like that and having no manners  is not love.

I wish that hug will wake up but knowing her it won't.

The fortune teller wasn't able to see Minji dad as a congressman.

So maybe his old affairs will come to the surface.

Or SP annoyed Hyerin and Mal Soon minion told her father to not help Thieving dad.

MS is a witch and probably is less well educated than BS. Her husband, for all that he is a goofball, wants his son to be with someone he loves. At least I can respect that. 

This week, I did notice Dong Chul (Greasy Minion) messing with the pocket watch. It has Missing Father's initials engraved on it, and I am sure JT is gonna see it one day real soon. 

17 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

This week, I did notice Dong Chul (Greasy Minion) messing with the pocket watch. It has Missing Father's initials engraved on it, and I am sure JT is gonna see it one day real soon. 

Yes I noticed that too but but slimeball had it cupped in the palm of his hand so JT who was on the phone did not notice it.  Just need some clarification .... cannot remember if any of the kids  (think they were about ten yrs and lower except JH) has seen that gold pocket watch or remember it. Maybe grandma, mum or JH might recognise it ... maybe one of them would ask him for the time n he would fish out of his pocket.  

So the grandpa took the ticket and left.

CJ will probably be blamed once again by MS.

I only watch the episode quickly so i don't know if something important happens.

I mean except Minji discovering the baby.

In the preview Minji goes back to SY house and sees JH with Minsu and SY.

It's going to be a bloodbath :lol:.

17 minutes ago, ezacessline90 said:

So the grandpa took the ticket and left.

CJ will probably be blamed once again by MS.

I only watch the episode quickly so i don't know if something important happens.

I mean except Minji discovering the baby.

In the preview Minji goes back to SY house and sees JH with Minsu and SY.

It's going to be a bloodbath :lol:.

Me too ....just quickly skimmed thru it.... what stuck in my mind was MJ's dad successfully getting a nomination.  SP being nasty to JH about abandoning SY and advising ( or probably instigating) getting MJ to confirm whose baby it is whether aunt's or SY.  That was what got MJ to barge into the room n discover Minsu.

1 hour ago, lin55 said:

Me too ....just quickly skimmed thru it.... what stuck in my mind was MJ's dad successfully getting a nomination.  SP being nasty to JH about abandoning SY and advising ( or probably instigating) getting MJ to confirm whose baby it is whether aunt's or SY.  That was what got MJ to barge into the room n discover Minsu.

There was a time where i kind of felt sorry for SP being in this weird family.

But now i don't.

Because of him and JH in a way, SY will go through hell.

And today was the only time my heart sort of went out to CJ .... she was sincerely hurting watching that moment between JT and YJ.  Because I always viewed her as an ignorant clueless girl who was besotted with JT, I never gave her credit that her love for him was deep and sincere, except the one occasion she was there for JT when he was on the run, as a person I viewed her one sided declaration that JT was hers as a comic side show in this drama.  But after this episode she should get the message that JT does not care for her and move on, maybe that younger bro who is always nice to her.

Something popped into my head.  So JH is the son of a defector, so how come a Congressman can have a son in law whose father is a defector.  JH name is blacklisted on every list the government has and its rather strange this has no issue with the nomination and someone who aspires to be a politician.  On top of that they all live in one house.  

My sympathies with SY being harassed and tomorrow is going to be epic .... screecher MJ and her mother are going to make both SY and JH lives a living hell.

5 hours ago, lin55 said:

Something popped into my head.  So JH is the son of a defector, so how come a Congressman can have a son in law whose father is a defector.  JH name is blacklisted on every list the government has and its rather strange this has no issue with the nomination and someone who aspires to be a politician.  On top of that they all live in one house.  

My sympathies with SY being harassed and tomorrow is going to be epic .... screecher MJ and her mother are going to make both SY and JH lives a living hell.

I thought that storyline would appear sooner but the writers focused on other stories.

Even if it's not JH fault Minji father might think he hid it on purpose and will be disappointed by his son in law.

I liked that in this episode spineless mom realised her mistakes about BS, JT and JW educations.

And i think the actors who play SP, JH and Thieveing dad had a laugh while filming (i'm talking about the Instagram post).

But lol about Minji mom.
Her husband tells her to behave but she acts like a petty girl towards SY.

I never liked CJ grandpa but he was a genius to take the lottery ticket.
It looks like MS will blame CJ dad.

Poor man he doesn't have an easy life between his daughter and his father in law.

I think i'm tired because what SP said to BS doesn't make any sense.
As a human SP is a jerk but she can trusts the SP who loves her.

17 hours ago, lin55 said:

I'm filing this under the  "When it rains, it pours." for JH. His wife and MiL will not only make his life a living hell over Min Soo, but he's gonna find out real quick that Thieving Dad will turn on him and dump him like yesterday's trash once he finds out about Potential Commie Missing Dad. He will be mad over Min Soo's existence for sure...but the Potential Commie Dad association is gonna send Thieving Dad over the edge. 

The subs today gave me a lot to think about. (Side note: I'm taking Korean lessons from a tutor.) Word choices are important to me. The conversation at the beginning of the episode between JH and JT was really interesting. JT initially says that their dad went missing during the war. Then he says that Dad went to his hometown to get his sister aka their aunt. JH says that their Dad's name was 'on a list of defectors to the north.' I thought--wait a second. How is he a defector? More like he got caught behind enemy lines trying to get his sis out of the North. A defector by definition implies a choice. What has the Dad done to merit the title of defector? I think I am going to ask my tutor about this scene for clarification. I think I might have heard the word for defector (탈주자, taljuja) but I'm not sure. It also means renegade--like on the run from the law--according to Naver. I could buy that definition. Didn't the family start out in Busan? Then they were trying to meet up with Dad in Seoul because Dad went up north, right?

I swear nothing better happen to baby Min Soo. If he suffers for one second because of Min Ji or her mom I'm gonna lose it:angry:

Thank you @ezacessline90 for mentioning that Spineless Mom finally (!) sees the error of her ways by only educating JH and ignoring the other kids. JT really got shafted in that deal. I think Spineless Mom had a personality transplant over the weekend. And that was quite a line by SP to BS about trusting the SP that loves her. Ehhh...he already betrayed BS by giving the radio drama song to that insufferable brat Hye Rin. Now he's stirring the hornet nest with Min Ji. He is not to be trusted IMHO. 

MJ mouth works on some energizer batteries,  it just goes on and on screeching non stop.  Over the top today after finding out there is no sign of a man living in SY's house and following temper tantrum shook her hair pin from its perch on top of her head. Today's episode  MJ finally cfms her suspicion of JH n SY after cfming he isnot at home n thanks to finding  a pair of baby shoes she finds in JH office,  she catches both SY/JH in the room with Minsu.

JT did not recognise his father's pocket watch.  And not sure if I imagine it but did JT look a tad dissappointed by CJ declaring she was not going to bother with him after seeing him with YJ.... mmmm 

And tomorrow's preview shows the richard simmons has hit the fan.  MJ's dad smacks JH across his face, harmoni n mum finds abt Minsu and MJ wants a divorce.  Yeeesss!!!!

I saw the preview and the slap but didn't know Minji wants a divorce.

Things are going interesting this week.

It was quite nice to see MS having a meltdown.

The family was indeed from Busan.

I also thought JT was a bit disappointed by CJ declaration.

But it's not the first time she said something like that.

The last time she ran back to JT.

So i would prefer she forgets him.

@ezacessline90 right after the slap MJ mentioned she was going to divorce him.

I really detest SP actions that placed Minsu at risk.  What a despicable low life... he pretends to be concerned for MJ's well being when all he wants is to be top dog in his Uncle's eyes and run Daegu Construction and he wants BS. He will lose everything once the Uncle is exposed for the common thief he is.

After all the bombshell revelations .... wonder what the writers hv as Friday's cliffhanger?

SY might hv a change of heart towards JH after  BS explains the reason for behind JH abandoning her.

21 minutes ago, lin55 said:

@ezacessline90 right after the slap MJ mentioned she was going to divorce him.

I really detest SP actions that placed Minsu at risk.  What a despicable low life... he pretends to be concerned for MJ's well being when all he wants is to be top dog in his Uncle's eyes and run Daegu Construction and he wants BS. He will lose everything once the Uncle is exposed for the common thief he is.

After all the bombshell revelations .... wonder what the writers hv as Friday's cliffhanger?

SY might hv a change of heart towards JH after  BS explains the reason for behind JH abandoning her.

The gold that was stolen by Minji dad and his minion?

There was a flashback of that moment with JT who remembered that.

So maybe they will develop more that.

Or maybe there will be more revelations about Hyerin and her father.

6 minutes ago, ezacessline90 said:

The gold that was stolen by Minji dad and his minion?

There was a flashback of that moment with JT who remembered that.

So maybe they will develop more that.

Or maybe there will be more revelations about Hyerin and her father.

I was hoping the long lost father would turn up with favourite KDrama storyline of memory loss.

Minji is not a nice girl but in this episode wow she reached a new level of low.
I would be tired to be like her, making a scandal of everything and bully people :lol:.

I doubt she will divorce JH.
Her father can't afford a scandal.
Unless JH father story is revealed by SP.

Archived