[Drama 2018] Good Witch, 착한마녀전

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Tey Ling said:

This is the best I can do to edit my profile pic after spending hours trying to figure out how to do it. I am a dinosaur when it comes to IT . And have I got to spend hours again after 3 days to reedit the noodle profile ??? OMG.... no more bets la.... 

Woweee... yr hair ..ops...i mean yr noodles look soooo appealing...heee...:grimace: oh oh spotted cutie pilots and some bowls of yummy ramen(?) 

Ahhh... wait a sec.. so itz 'game over' already? So i gotta change my DP ya?

Aw man i am still pinning some hopes on next week's eps....:grimace:

3Xm1VIo.jpg

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... we hardly ever see super advanced skinship like skin to skin contact on big 3 station no? if there is, someone is usually wearing a shirt or something no in those scenes? hahahaha... :lol: so my expectations for skinship was very modest. hahahahah.... looking forward to seeing some pilots, noodles and clowns! laugh-cute-cat-emoticon.gif?1292789153&k

Psst... u gotta check out this SBS drama... *cough*

Spoiler

Omy the skin ... ship:blink: *choke choke -> on the yellow hair ... ah ah noodles i mean

:glasses: ok chill ..need to watch the subbed eps. Happy Sun!!

6 hours ago, RahmaL said:

omo TAE RI loves WOO JIN???????????????:o

I don't think she love woo jin,she find woo jin different from other that's why she is attracted.Like when she don't have certain thing,she want it as soon as she get's it.She loose her interest in person.

Just came across a nice review abt drama although in France.Its always good to read such nice written review abt the drama u watch :) I am just posting part abt main lead abt whole episode u can read blog.

Credit and blog http://www.milady-s-stuff.fr/2018/03/premieres-impressions-the-good-witch-episodes-1-a-8.html

Google translate.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.milady-s-stuff.fr%2F2018%2F03%2Fpremieres-impressions-the-good-witch-episodes-1-a-8.html

Sun Hee, for the moment, tends to be much used by the others, by excess of kindness. To the despair of her granddaughter, for example, she finds herself all the time taking care of the garbage instead of the head, because she has too kind a heart. It's not that she's stupid, nor is she devoid of courage (as can be seen from the way she faces her sister's abuser ... and then the way she does it. takes the place of this one, too, because to take the identity of someone and find themselves having to play comedy in front of a lot of people, it's not obvious), but it tends too much to forget in his willingness to help others. Of course, helping people is cool, and I encourage you to do it too, but when it starts to turn to abuse on their part, there is concern. For the moment, anyway, I like Sun Hee. At times, I'm not entirely convinced by Lee Da Hae, but not to the point that it becomes embarrassing, and the drama does not make tons either on its tendency to crash: it puts it quickly in the skin of Do Hee, and limits the scenes where she is stepped on, so that the message passes without me feeling too frustrated. I am firmly on her side, and I want to see her assert herself, and also to see how she will interact in her new home with ... well ... everyone. In fact.

Yes, the drama uses a trope that I particularly like, namely that of forced collocation, and there, not only the two leads find themselves to live together, but the FOUR leads find themselves to live together ... with several secondary characters, also, for good measure. And I can not be curious, suddenly, because I have a weakness for this type of situation, I can not help it okay TT

Moreover, for the moment, I find the two main male characters relatively pleasant. I did not fall in love with either, but I am open to the possibility, let's say. Oh Tae Yang, who will be our doll for the next 40 episodes (well, 32 now), I did not like right now, because of an introduction that I found more revered than anything else, but when he lets the playboy mask drop a little, I already love him more, because there is a vulnerability in there that never fails to talk to me. And then I feel a certain compassion for her since her father had her beaten up too. Not because someone else is paying for his son, in fact, it's still an abusive parent, eh. And certainly, Tae Yang is not exactly an ideal son (he is completely irresponsible, in fact, and squanders his father's money in such a way that I can understand the annoyance of the latter), but from there to the put behind bars and pay someone to swallow the facade: no. Finally, Tae Yang fell in love at first sight (and I have a weakness for the dolls but an even bigger one for the dolls desperately in love) and will apparently try to do something of her life, so I say: why not .

As for Woo Jin, our lead, if I'm still not in the queue to shake Ryu Soo Young's hand and shout that I love him, he's having fun. In addition, he taught me the word "apatheia", and I like people who teach me vocabulary. In truth, I should have known him already, but never mind, I assume my ignorance. It means "absence of passion", "tranquility of the soul" (thanks wikipedia) and in this drama, it is what aims Woo Jin, who meditates a lot and tries to get rid of all terrestrial desires, and especially carnal. He lives to achieve serenity, and of course, now that he lives with all his co-workers, it will be less simple. To see him farting cables (even if I sympathize a little) amuses me, especially against Sun Hee, whom he accuses of having "stole his purity", by often violating his personal space. I reassure you, though: I sympathize with Woo Jin (if he does not want to be touched to reach apatheia, it's his right after all!), In 90% of cases, it has not nothing voluntary on the part of Sun Hee (for example: there is turbulence in the plane, it fails to fall, it clings to him = we can not really see an aggression), and there is that once she actually grabs his hand to try to drag him behind her (so there is a will on his part), while he clearly does not want to follow her. But in general, "the attack on purity" does not make the heroine less sympathetic, therefore.

A BTS video from IG.We see DH and AYW.Looks like OTY saw Sun-hee :unsure:

@RahmaL Ah...Tae Ri, Do Hee and her attendant friend all like Woo Jin but WJ and Tae Yang both like Sun Hee who loves her husband who has not one but two mistresses. This is not counting Do Hee's suitors. Ottoke??? :D

@Annya thanks for sharing. Nice to see write ups on the drama. While I can understand that the genre is not for everyone (it is very early Hallyu) but this is a weekend drama after all and hopefully some of the staple weekend viewers are into this kind of genre. The most important thing is not to make the scenes or actions TOO ridiculous for the sake of slapstick.

@apqaria that's literally one of my favourite scenes in MG!

In these 2 episodes, we saw some raw emotions from Woo Jin when he was trying to comfort Tae Yang over his mother's death - imagine how he will cry over over SH when SH rejects him even though they are in love. :( Tae Yang is pure hearted and all the silliness is just a facade. Poor TY, it's unlikely he will end up with anyone but he will probably be the heir apparent instead of his sister.

I agree that SH will reject WJ initially because of CR (obviously CR still loves her father and will be worried that WJ will take her mother from her) but it will be CR who will bring them back together.  I have no words for the husband's despicable behaviour but....I can't bring myself to hate him because Bae Soo Bin is so good looking and too funny in this role. He is a big part of the comic relief in the drama and his comedic timing is superb.

Till now we don't know the reason behind WJ's apatheia but the only thing we can be sure of is that we will be seeing his muscles in every episode!!! Someone commented on his hairlessness on a drama blog and another said it's common for Korean men to shave their body hair (maybe to make the muscles look shiny? I dunno know) :D

10 hours ago, ELY_397 said:

Till now we don't know the reason behind WJ's apatheia but the only thing we can be sure of is that we will be seeing his muscles in every episode!!! Someone commented on his hairlessness on a drama blog and another said it's common for Korean men to shave their body hair (maybe to make the muscles look shiny? I dunno know) :D

Oh oh omgggg... what what hairlessness?! *which parts??* :glasses:Aw man u making me erhm... 'admiring' those great achievements again... :blink:

RONbxLg.jpg

1WlGPvi.gif

oHZxQZB.gif

Ok ok need to chant like our hottie : apatheia... apatheia...apatheia...heee

Spoiler

QHJC7dU.gif

:glasses:i will be back (back to  chanting...ops)

On 18/03/2018 at 2:10 AM, apqaria said:

And I have to prepare my heart because I am more certain now that I will have some serious second lead syndrome in this drama. I am really soft when it comes to our cutie heir who also now have hot working hairstyle :wink: (or may be they will give him some happy ending with the real DH after she wake up??)

Hahaa... cutie with real DH? Wow... are we betting on this? Ok ok juz kidding... *wink* @Lmangla

Gosh... our cute little puppy... sooo handsome:wub: but but... he bites !! Grrrr... :wacko:

3nUZSkk.gif

qPaNFUj.gif

Spoiler

kQXlmnp.gif

@supergal99 @Lmangla The husband is really disgusting :angry: but that way he will be caught very soon. With his new mistress, he imagined that he could have a similar relationship like with his first mistress. He is just a gigolo.

As for SH, she actually saved her sister from becoming the scapegoat of the slush fund. Sure, SH will lose CDH's position and will be replaced by her so called "friend".

I like the space of the drama. It was interesting to see that WJ described himself when he mentioned the philosophers and their thoughts about love, while he thought at first of CDH. Finally, he realized that he was too deep in himself. WJ heard about the existence of the sister but he has no idea about the twin. Next week, the sister-in-law will mention SH as twin sister. Now I am curious... will OTY approach SH in order to get closer to DH? It would be interesting to see SH acting as SH in front of OTY and WJ so that they learn more about SH as well. 

In my opinion, OTR wanted to get married to WJ but the latter kept his distance from her. I guess, he knew that she had feelings for him but since she is just a rude and spoiled brat, he didn't believe that she really loved him. I have the impression that WJ kept his distance from women because of OTR. He knew that she was possessive, like she said, if I can not have him, then no one will ever have him.

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

then no one will ever have him.

not allowing me to tag you and so am random quoting you.... what I really wanted to post was "omo, what a DP!" ahahahha... all those muscles and oiled! did anyone ask which drama this was? :D

:grimace:heee... yap  @bebebisous33 DP ... *wheew... weeet*(whistling) mmmm... yum yum...opz sorray... got distracted *choke by oil*

Ok ok juz kidding...bebebisous33.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The husband is really disgusting :angry: but that way he will be caught very soon. With his new mistress, he imagined that he could have a similar relationship like with his first mistress. He is just a gigolo.

Oh dat good for nothing clown.. tsk tsk... his theory of rooms for each woman in  his life .. not too sure if we gona pity that waitress -> next week she seems to be nasty to our poor gal in the preview.

Once again...omgggg... tsk tsk... super jerk!! 

Come letz do this together:

sB6SyDN.jpg

siGgf77.jpg

*champagne?! Splish splish!! Need to borrow Captain Muscle's oil*

:tongue:Ok chill ...back to that noodle heiress - is she having some mental problems? Ops... her behaviour is definitely weird ya?

@supergal99 Glad that you like the new avatar!! :wub:

No, I won't pity the husband. I feel nothing for a leech like him. His mother and sister are not different from him. Until he loses everything (his house, wife, daughter and his rich mistress), he will always remain like this. He is in the end a very selfish person. Like WJ said it to him, he is not a man. It would be good for him to see how his wife becomes courted by rich and nice men in order to make him realize that he is the one to blame for this. He never valued SH since he just saw her as a tool in order to lead a comfortable life.

As for OTR, I have the impression that since she married that "poor" man, director  CKM, her disposition got worse. From my point of view, CKM seems to have a bad influence on her. He is trying to separate her from her father and brother. I couldn't forget the words he told her: "In rich families, you betray your family member, whereas in poor families it doesn't happen!!". But in her back, he has already created a slush fund. OTR is relying more and more on him which is quite helpful for him. In reality, he is betraying her. 

The other good thing is that as soon as WJ has finally realized his own feelings for SH, he has got competition. A love rival is a good thing for him. Until now, he was the one being pursued by women and didn't need to make any effort. Now, it is different.  

Hmm good to read more abt episode since everyone has watched it :)

The money is still with sun-hee, now not sure whether MIL finds it and use it or later sun-hee will get in trouble becz of it.The real do-hee know what was going on in company and using for her own motive while sun-hee doesn't have any idea abt it.Right now whole gang is behind her OTR,CKM,the other company guy who gave money and that Joo Ye Bin.

For me i think the crazy lady married the guy thinking it would be fun and different.As we saw in flashback, how CKM broke the painting so she stops hitting that employee.As we see how OTR got bored of him even on her wedding day.I feel she is crazy :crazy:I feel she does what she want hardly care for anyone around.Like if i can't get woo jin nobody can get him :wacko:The husband slush fund since wife keeps asking for divorce and he can't tolerate his wife and her antics becz of which his Father-in-law keeps shouting at him.She was crazy even before her marriage.

After episodes 9-12

TY - Seems to me that WJ didn't tell TY that his mother was dying because his father probably told him not to. I don't think he would have decided that on his own.  Yet, when TY confronts him with that, he stares blankly.  Why doesn't he just tell him the reason he did not or could not tell him about his mother?  He must know how hurt he was when he saw him run to her in the hospital.

Soo Bin is a habitual adulterer.  I don't think it is only for money. He didn't start seeing the waitress because of her money. How much money could he expect a waitress made?   He only finds out after she gave him the diamond credit card. But she told him it was for taxi service and to go on trips together, not to get gifts for his family. That was cringe worthy.

His other mistress of nine years doesn't seem that stupid. But she was or still is apparently married. He says to her "you married for money"  - so it appears she is using Soo Bin as her boy toy.  And he is happy with that.

But at the same time he doesn't work and fools around with the ladies, he seems devoted to his wife. He is upset that she is working so hard (but not upset enough apparently to get a job!).  and he defends her to his mother- about how she gave up her education oppty and money to help her sister.   What then is going to happen with this husband?   He is a serial cheater, and a parasite, but is that enough for soft hearted Sun Hee to dump him, since he does love her and they have a child together? As bad as he is, I wish they made him more sinister, evil doer.  Not just a jerk. It would make more sense for Sun Hee to easily move on - even if broken hearted, start anew.

Ye Bin - ouch.  she is going to the doctor psychologists as Dh and going to fake alcholism/ mental deterioration?  WOW, that is  extreme mean.   Actually in the real world - criminal behavior, Identity theft and fraud and slander.  Granted the real DH is a nasty piece of work, but she sure has ruthless enemies.   Could understand this maybe a tiny little bit, if WJ showed interest in her, but aside for thanking her for cleaning the house (which she didn't do) he hasn't shown the least bit of interest in her.  Why do these girls in kdramas, think if they screw the opposition, the guy who never liked  them, will suddenly fall into their arms?

Yoon Se Ah as Tae Ri - I think the actress is doing a great job portraying this narcissistic psycho.  

As I finally watched the latest episodes, here are some thoughts (sorry for the long post ^^)

I really liked this week's episodes. The highlight is JW's confusion and discovery of his own feelings. Loved his every expression and that mirror scene specially. I usually do like having the guy falling in love first so I am happy that we are having this in this drama :blush:

On the other hand I have to say I felt bad for my girl seeing her getting slapped and left with red cheeks multiple times :( But still those were good scenes :)

Honestly until last week, I thought that TR and her husband scenes aren't connected much to the main plot and characters and wouldn't actually mind to skip those. So I am happy that we finally have relations between all the characters and more of a background about TR and her relation with both JW and DH. Yoon Se Ah is indeed doing a good job in this role. I can't understand how she goes every day to the filming set preparing to slap or abuse someone or to have a tantrum :wink: 

I really don't know how to describe my feelings about SH's husband!! He is one complicated person. As much as I despise him but still his contradicting actions actually give me a lot of laughs!!! So he was indeed sad when he suspected that his wife is having an affair and even celebrated that she isn't with his own mistress!! and then comforted that waitress by having an affair with her then buying his own family presents from her money!! LOOOL :D 

I actually hate the MIL much more than her son. I can't believe that all what she was thinking about when she was going to catch her DIL cheating on her son is the money she spent on the man!! I am sure, I am going to hate her even more in the upcoming episodes. SH putting that money in the house this woman has access to is a very wrong idea.

I think Do Hee and Tae Ri have been approaching JW with the same thought. Not because they actually love him but they find him interesting and want this rare man for themselves. But TR is more of the obsessive type, so she don't want him with anyone else if she don't have him herself. So I guess although JW rescued SH from that slap but he actually put her in more dangerous situation now since TR will go all the way to destroy her.

Felt bad for my cutie heir but I guess he is rather childish with his thoughts about JW among other things as well. Hopefully things get cleared up about his mother incident since I don't actually like them being on bad terms (specially after seeing how they were close in the past) even if they will have to fight over SH.

Loved how SH finally admitted that she is stupid and how her sister did a bad thing that needs punishment and also how she said that she will stop DH from going that path. SH was very passive with her sister, don't defend herself in front of her, don't refuse her requests and giving up her future for her. Thinking that her sister is a star and better than her so I can't wait to see her being strong enough to go against her own sister and show her how she was wrong when she wakes up, hope they really give us that.

The most laughable scene for me was when I discovered the funeral was actually for a plane, what a plot twist. Loool :D:D 

And oh, both the mothers of JW and SH are old friends? I guess that would help in the future :wink: 

Finally, have to complain about editing again!! :confused: I wish the production team just spend some more effort there!!

4 hours ago, apqaria said:

The most laughable scene for me was when I discovered the funeral was actually for a plane, what a plot twist. Loool :D

:tongue: omo... me too...hahaaa hi-5! Wonder if it really happens in real life ? :lol:

20 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Yoon Se Ah as Tae Ri - I think the actress is doing a great job portraying this narcissistic psycho.  

Oh oh this actress - yap she really pulls such roles off easily ops! Ahhh... she has a cameo role in tonite's Jtbc's drama :blink:

Spoiler

Wow.. pretty...

Tz5CMmf.jpg

On 19/03/2018 at 5:56 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I like the space of the drama. It was interesting to see that WJ described himself when he mentioned the philosophers and their thoughts about love, while he thought at first of CDH. Finally, he realized that he was too deep in himself.

:grimace: oh our Captain Muscle's "Love is like a swamp..." hahaaa

k8Cwd9o.jpg

elNPvoN.jpg

Her pretty eyes melted our hottie:wub:

9VMggiM.jpg

Spoiler

BgvgMjj.jpg

:glasses: 

4 hours ago, apqaria said:

Finally, have to complain about editing again!! :confused: I wish the production team just spend some more effort there!!

Pardon me seems like SBS  focuses its resources  more on the other drama 'Should We Kiss First'...ops!

Archived