[Drama 2018] A Poem A Day / You Who Forgot Poetry, 시를 잊은 그대에게

0ly40

1 hour ago, Jisungfan said:

@triplemThanks for the Vlive translation info, I was hunting for it!  By the way, for those who like LJH, maybe you can share his info or pen a few words at his tread in Soompi becos it is so so quiet with no updates.

Ok i started spamming :lol:

For those interested , this is his page . Come say hi. I’ll try to keep it updated

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From dramafever

A Poem A Day's Lee Yu Bi fell for Lee Joon Hyuk on screen and here’s why

by whatakdrama on Wed, May 23, 2018 

6c64131f-9d0c-4e79-9d3d-7d9757a50f31.jpg

The final episode of A Poem A Day aired last Tuesday. In case you still can’t get more of this sitcom-like “co-medical” drama, actress Lee Yoo Bi shared her parting thoughts in an interview with News1 on Tuesday.

‘A Poem A Day’ was Yoo Bi’s first K-drama since the 2015 drama The Scholar Who Walks the Night, and a lighter web drama Somehow 18 of last summer. “Although the ratings were a flop, ‘A Poem A Day’ was a turning point for me,” Yu Bi said, adding that she’d learned a ton from her character Woo Bo Young. She elaborated, “Bo Young is so cheerful that I received a lot of positive energy from her … I liked how she dived into work and love without reservation.” 

While comparing her personality to Bo Young’s, Yu Bi said, “I tend to dive into work and love head first as well. When Bo Young is going through tough times, she reads poetry to feel better. I’m pretty simple minded like her when it comes to overcoming struggles.”

2397cf6d-e867-42ea-8511-84574cef58d5.jpg

Throughout the show, some fans rooted for Bo Young and Ye Jae Wook (Lee Joon Hyuk), while others hoped to see her with the second male lead Shin Min Ho (Jang Dong Yoon of School 2017). “It was so nice working with both. Joon Hyuk oppa is really caring, and he helped me a lot. Dong Yoon is new to acting. I wish I’d done more to care for him,” she said. 

ab66056f-5391-47e1-ae26-16d7d9afba0c.jpg

Like many fans have predicted, Bo Young ended up with Jae Wook. “Ye Jae Wook was the only person who recognized Bo Young’s efforts,” Yu Bi said on their on-screen romance. Yu Bi went further to say she’d fall for someone like Ye Jae Wook in real life. “He seems cold headed, but once you get to know him, he’s warm and caring, which is why I think Bo Young was drawn into him. Actually, someone who’s mature and caring like Ye Jae Wook is my ideal type.”

https://www.dramafever.com/news/a-poem-a-days-lee-yu-bi-fell-for-lee-joon-hyuk-on-screen-and-heres-why/

9 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem hi i dont know how to post a youtube link but can you check this out.its an interview with yu bi. She was asked to choose between LJH and JDY she chose LJH ...i think...:D  https://youtu.be/Wv77JrIqOS8 

Lololol. I always knew she had an oppa crush ....kkkkkk yes she was asked in 1:39 btwn LJH & JDY , and lol, she immediately said LJH . Then she quickly said sorry to JDY 

3 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem can you translate the entire video?:D i just miss them so much that i drop by this forum hoping for recent updates...my mondays and tuesdays is so boring now:(

Sorry dear . I can’t understand Korean .i only recognised that part.  I don’t know if maybe @stroppyse or @Nodame can take a look .

@triplem  @sophielleann

For you both, here you go.

They are making her make choices 

1) sunshine and alternative (?) (not sure the answer)

2)Jampong over Jjajang

3) Lack of over broke (?) 

4)Naengmyun over Bibim naengmyun (sub---very difficult)

5)Americano over latte

6) Half /half (choices --fried chicken or seasoned fried chicken) (Is Half /half not allowed?)

7) Chicken legs over chicken breast

8) Summer over winter (then no) It seems to be better subs --Winter

9) Text over phone call

10) Half steep /ripe (??? not sure of this)

11) Pork over beef

12) Soju over beer

13) Snack vs Bread (she says she wants to eat both of them) Ends up choosing bread

14) Morning night over sleeping in (?)

15) I will vs  I won't (She won't do something ? regards to ramen)

16) Cider vs Cola

17)kimchee soup/chigae over Soybean paste soup 

18)  KEKE over HE HE

19)If you could be born again woman over man

20) Usually I would choose love but right now I choose friendship because I don't have love 

21) Song over dance

22) Show the Money or monthly price (??? not sure of this one) Show me the money---then says Hip Hop

23)winter wearing hanbok filming  over  Filming in summer in summer clothing 

24) starving vs overnight  (text 3 days) chose overnight

25) she looks flabbergasted (text love triangle in the drama Lee Yoo Bi's decison) lee jun hyuk over jang dong yoon  (Dong Yun I am sorry!)

26) Chose 1 year with no manager over 1 year of no cell phone 

Some I was not sure but that is the jist enjoy

Your welcome too @jellybing2009 

I do miss this drama and our OTP.

Thanks for the post on the subbed Vlive with Lee Joon Hyuk. OMG he is too cute obsessing about food and talking about it. A guy after my own heart. Wow he can eat 5 pizzas in one sitting. He has a pizza fetish and loves nachos. He was adorbs talking authoritatively about the big and small nachos and how dipping them in salsa made them more tasty. Or talking with longing about the crispy crusts of certain pizza he recommended. I can relate as I love food too. 

Plus the post a while back showing his drawing, wow a talented man.

I really liked seeing his character JW in the drama. I loved how he cared for BY before dating her. Granted he definitely had his interest piqued. I was happy to see him starting in the drama. Though they gave him an air of mystery, I liked his positive reactions to our heroine. Totally liked her from the very beginning and not PRICKLY to her as he was to the others for sure. As I stated before, he actually said to her I look forward to working with you. (He didn't really say it to anyone on screen time else that I noticed. Or that he did compliment her more and was more observant about her. The fact with his disappointment she did not go to him for a loan (after her roomie couldn't spot her the money) definitely showed her that he wanted to be closer--I am glad he was honest about it. He didn't care to want to be CLOSER to anyone else. If anything he drew a distinct line when SW and MC wanted go for drinks with him or the usual company outings he initially avoided. But later he went to be social (but he really wasn't social not interacting with anyone). But he did more social stuff after dating BY as he wanted to see her MORE. The love shooting from his eyes is precious. Then BY responding back DEFINITELY she made the right choice for herself. 

Though I liked the actor for SMH, I did not think his character was right for BY. He shot down effectively any chance for her to go back to him with his rejection.

@40somethingahjumma Yeah I see why you marathoned it. I couldn't with dramas lately as if I do I am a zombie at work. I do admit the weekly angst is NOT fun. But with marathoning the CLUES and details are more easily remembered. I found my interacting with other fans here recounting our fave parts/points made the time go faster between drama episodes plus random BTS, fan art, clips and other goodies plus pics were helpful. Glad  you are enjoying it. 

7 hours ago, Nodame said:

@40somethingahjumma Yeah I see why you marathoned it. I couldn't with dramas lately as if I do I am a zombie at work. I do admit the weekly angst is NOT fun. But with marathoning the CLUES and details are more easily remembered. I found my interacting with other fans here recounting our fave parts/points made the time go faster between drama episodes plus random BTS, fan art, clips and other goodies plus pics were helpful. Glad  you are enjoying it. 

It's not really something I do frequently. But I was down with a head cold and was groping around for something to watch while nursing it. I can't marathon dramas often either because, well... I have kids and strangely enough... a life outside of dramas. :D 

I sort of remembered that LJH was in it and remembered that I wanted to look at it when I first heard about it but because there only a limited number of dramas I can watch while they're airing, I had to set it aside for a rainy day. I could watch dramas every day I suppose but that would reduce my participation on Soompi considerably. On top of that not everything interests me. But yeah, LJH brought me here. I had no idea that he was such a versatile actor. I discovered that he was the young prosecutor that I liked more than Lee Min Ho's character in City Hunter after reading comments in DB. I didn't know who he was then although I kept telling people that I liked him more than LMH. :wink:  He was really good in Stranger but it's like watching a completely different person here. I also had a look at Naked Fireman and his approach to that character was different again. Why is this guy not more popular?

I liked it so much that I went through most of it again. I think it suffers a little from being a bit random because it is theme driven. Sure there was an underlying growing up story but it did feel bitsy at times. Although I liked the radiologists as characters, I don't think their inclusion was necessary in this. We barely knew anything about the interns of the physiotherapy department as it is. They were just there to comment about what other people were doing. Did they even do any work without someone having to tell them to?

The main romance was absolutely the highlight for me. Quite delightful. I can't believe how incredibly straightforward and sensible it is. There are things to laugh at but for the most part, it's one that actually makes sense and eschews any temptation to turn the female into a trophy. I like the drama a lot just for that reason alone. I love that BY is already good at what she does, hardworking and she meets a principled man who is drawn to all of her good qualities right from the start.

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The main romance was absolutely the highlight for me. Quite delightful. I can't believe how incredibly straightforward and sensible it is. There are things to laugh at but for the most part, it's one that actually makes sense and eschews any temptation to turn the female into a trophy. I like the drama a lot just for that reason alone. I love that BY is already good at what she does, hardworking and she meets a principled man who is drawn to all of her good qualities right from the start.

It’s for this very reason that it became a personal favourite for me . Although I do watch my fair share of rom-coms , very few end up being memorable or special - most k rom coms thrive on & use the same tired formula of making the male jerk a lead at the start & expect  us to root for him as he evolves. So a character like Ye Jae Wook is indeed refreshing & has raised my standards of what I want in a male lead. 

As to LJH,  he is rather underrated. I first noticed him in SF & then started to check out his other dramas when I realised how different he was here. According to the PD of this drama , he’s very good at interpreting scripts which I suppose contributes to his versatility & acting skills. 

Someone on Drama Beans translated the article ( I did a screen cap but can’t embed using my phone) 

https://imgur.com/a/ELj1y8y

https://imgur.com/a/hxGsBzG

https://imgur.com/a/2MIRG4c

11 hours ago, triplem said:

It’s for this very reason that it became a personal favourite for me . Although I do watch my fair share of rom-coms , very few end up being memorable or special - most k rom coms thrive on & use the same tired formula of making the male jerk a lead at the start & expect  us to root for him as he evolves. So a character like Ye Jae Wook is indeed refreshing & has raised my standards of what I want in a male lead. 

We've been all brainwashed by years of watching K dramas, haven't we, for the need to think in certain ways about how romance needs to be done. :wink: We all bring certain assumptions to each drama. I love variety and while I don't mind the reformed-jerk-falls -in-love-trope if done well, it is nice that the Kdrama industry is exploring other types of stories. I think you will like My Mister because there is a mature male lead at the helm. He has his flaws but he is a decent man at heart and his story isn't one of reformation.

For me, even if there was no Ye Jae Wook in Bo Young's life, I wouldn't like to see her end up with MH either. While they may be comfortable with each other on some level, he has a lot of unresolved emotional baggage with his family that will impact their relationship on some level eventually. They come across as snobs and he's still largely reliant on them. His immaturity might have a certain kind of appeal but it can get trying for a girl that wants to take things seriously. He should probably get his act together and finish his studies first before he thinks about dating. That's my free piece of advice as an ajumma. :D 

The more I watch JW and BY together, I think they are a really good match even if they don't sizzle for some viewers. He's a Mr Darcy type of character and I keep thinking of a line from Pride and Prejudice that describes their relationship. It's from a line from Mrs Gardiner -- a perfect summation of Mr Darcy... "His understanding and opinions all please me; he wants nothing but a little more liveliness, and that, if he marry prudently, his wife may teach him." 

JW looks out for BY and he's her rock but she brings liveliness and cheer into his life. This must be one of my favourite K drama romances ever.

Speaking of JW, this reminds of me something else that struck me again while rewatching the episode about the Section Chief specializing in rehab medicine. Another thing I particularly like about this drama is that the people who are good in their jobs and exude a high level of professionalism, are generally decent human beings. Often in these dramas... medical ones especially and the top surgeon or chief medical officer are downright horrible people. I don't discount those possibilities but more often than not, in my experience, people who are really really good at what they do (especially in services industries), are generous, warm-hearted people. They don't have to pull others down to prop themselves up, they have a confidence that demonstrates a kind of comfort in their own skins because they don't have anything to prove to anyone. They are so confident in their own ability that they don't have to brag about it and they usually go about their business with trying to get involved in power plays etc. It's interesting too that JW never believes his own press and eschews the celebrity cult status that others try to attribute to him. 

It's a comment that KYJ makes about the section chief that got me on this train of thought. She was surprised that a confident competent man was such a warm person. My reaction immediately was, "The good ones usually are."

@stargazer187 I was late to the party too so I'm rambling as I go along. If anyone talks to me, I'll talk back. It would've been nice to have gone on this journey with everyone while it was airing but I can't watch everything. :wink: Still this is one I've really enjoyed this year. 

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The more I watch JW and BY together, I think they are a really good match even if they don't sizzle for some viewers. He's a Mr Darcy type of character and I keep thinking of a line from Pride and Prejudice that describes their relationship. It's from a line from Mrs Gardiner -- a perfect summation of Mr Darcy... "His understanding and opinions all please me; he wants nothing but a little more liveliness, and that, if he marry prudently, his wife may teach him." 

JW looks out for BY and he's her rock but she brings liveliness and cheer into his life. This must be one of my favourite K drama romances ev

Agreed. I never quite got some comments online about him being boring . The things did on their dates - eating at new places , taking walks  in the park , going out for movies / musicals , having coffee breaks together - these are very sweet & normal things most would do when they start dating . Do people actually prefer constant bickering over this ? More importantly I loved the how they were always considerate of each other’s feelings. She wanted to keep the relationship quiet at first for fear of gossip which may make him clam up again. He assured her he didn’t mind.He realised later he needed to make her feel more comfortable & tried his very best to do so , with hilarity ensuing. That’s a good foundation for a strong relationship.

I also read online about people saying they were uncomfortable with each other because they continued to address each other so formally. I asked stroppyse about this , and she explained given their relationship at work, its natural to be addressing each other like that. In fact in some marriages , it is common for folks to continue addressing each other in this manner even after many years of marriage. Kind of like an old fashioned sort of romance.

I have bookmarked My Ahjussi, hopefully find some time to watch it during my days off. I was a little apprehensive to start because it felt so depressing. Is it ? Did it end in a hopeful way ? I cannot do another Misty :lol:

@stargazer187 Really glad you caught this one . It’s been a while since I have included a rom-com in my favourites list. I’m still writing on this thread Long after it’s over. 

3 minutes ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem hi can you help me post the link.on youtube here?:D so that someone can translate it. Thanks!i think i really ship them for real

Here you go ....

Actually when you post it should automatically embed. 

Yes @stargazer187 JkY was in My Ahjussi but his role there is like 180degrees from Come & Hug Me. At least that was what my colleague told me . JKY is really good . A rising star ! 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I also read online about people saying they were uncomfortable with each other because they continued to address each other so formally. I asked stroppyse about this , and she explained given their relationship at work, its natural to be addressing each other like that. In fact in some marriages , it is common for folks to continue addressing each other in this manner even after many years of marriage. Kind of like an old fashioned sort of romance.

I have bookmarked My Ahjussi, hopefully find some time to watch it during my days off. I was a little apprehensive to start because it felt so depressing. Is it ? Did it end in a hopeful way ? I cannot do another Misty :lol:

The word I would use here is "respect". That's the key thing in their relationship. Respect. A rare beast in K drama romances. :wink: And I think they have every right to define their relationship on their own terms. Every couple should have the freedom to do that even if for us it seems odd, especially if they're in a different cultural context. So long as we're not talking about domestic abuse etc. After watching Something in the Rain, this romance was really a breath of fresh air. It really proved to me once again that all the chemistry in the world can't make up for a dysfunctional relationship based on lies and a lack of courage.

In the case of APAD, I was happy for JW and BY not to tell anyone about their relationship at work. Seeing how the place is peopled by busybodies who would presume things and tease mercilessly, it was probably the right decision. If they want to keep the private side of their lives private, that should be their prerogative. 

I also found JW's approach to dating just as cerebral as his approach to work. He is thoughtful in a logical way. Like a scientist, he observes his "subject", what his "subject" responds to and acts accordingly. It's all very consistent with who he is. Tickets to the musical, the bracelet at the rest stop, Gambas, confectionery and card. 

Anyhow, the important thing at the end of the day is that BY likes him and responds to his personality. She gets him and he gets her. Nothing's sweeter than to see both of them looking at each other with understanding.

@triplem My Mister is nothing like Misty... at all... thankfully. :D The palette is dark yes, but there's humour too. Not necessarily like Prison Playbook but there are bright spots. But you know me, I watch crime shows etc so it's not that dark IMO. The ending can be considered open ended but at least it's life affirming and not the nihilistic nonsensical ending of Misty. The people at DB were very enthusiastic about it if that means anything. I thought the storytelling was absolutely topnotch. I'm a bit leery of jtbc these days after Misty and Something in the Rain. I used to really like their stuff.

@stargazer187 I'm really fond of these slice of life dramas. I find that the romance in these shows often play out better than romance oriented dramas.

4 hours ago, sophielleann said:

@triplem hi can you help me post the link.on youtube here?:D so that someone can translate it. Thanks!i think i really ship them for real

Hi , i think Nodame already translated this video at lee jun hyuk soompi 

So happy to see stil have some one come here to leave their comments. To move on i watched Go Back Couple and i got a serious second lead syndrome , and got to know jky a new rising star . I have yet to watch  My Mister , and planning to watch Come n Hug me however , i will wait just like "Are you human too" .. just have to wait .. hahah

Archived