[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

20 minutes ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

:D gosh, KNG with little confidence? I sure hope thats just the reason lol. Anyone knows KNG background? I am curios how he is in real life. Just got to know him in LUTYN.

I guess yes he has little confidence in terms of himself (personal).. its clear when he mention several times b4 that he is not handsome.. and even said his fans are liars.. lol.

But i think he is confident and really passionate in terms of acting.. thats why his acting just wow us..

Talk about kaj.. i think she is dominant type of girl irl.. :D if both really end up together, i'm sure that will similar with YK n HI, as kaj will be "maiden" and kng will be "puppy" :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 6

6 minutes ago, 3z3zm3lp said:

:D gosh, KNG with little confidence? I sure hope thats just the reason lol. Anyone knows KNG background? I am curios how he is in real life. Just got to know him in LUTYN.

Me too just got to know him in LUTYN. But have been searching and reading up on him lately. Haha.

Here’s my findings. KNG long-time die hards, please correct me if i’m wrong, or please add in where insufficient.

KNG is quite a talented man. He can play quite a few instruments. Also a singer. And of course a very good actor.

Just read today in one of his earlier interviews, that he prefers to work with married women. Because they are more open and willing to chat more, probably because there is less fear of scandals or rumors of scandals. (When I read about that, I laughed to myself: So LUTYN has put him in a very vulnerable positon, since he is acting with such a hot and modern lady, KAJ. Maybe also that’s why he started distancing himself after acupuncture kiss. Maybe he felt something going on and he knew that would be some form of scandal or rumor of scandal from them if he didn’t be careful) haha! 

I also read that some of his older co-stars fondly said he was like an ahjumma. Because he loved talking. Haha. I think this is the playful side of him we see in the bts. But i also think he has a quiet, serious, sincere, low profile side. Because another article also mentioned that he was someone who can keep secrets. So he’s very reliable in that sense. Low profile. 

I haven’t watched his bts and interactions with son ye Jin. But I think even if they were attracted to each other while filming, they probably mutually decided not to pursue it. 

Am am not sure about KAJ though. I tried searching on her but there was even less stuff about her. I think she’s even more low profile than KNG. Any KAJ long time fans here? Will be great to know more about them individually.

Will KAJ be attracted to KNG’s ahjumma personality? Haha. But I think KNG is a bit like Heo Im. In the sense that aside from his goofy, silly, and chatty persona on the outside, he has a sincere, quieter, thoughtful and insightful self inside that he only opens up to people he has warmed up to. :)

haha, but that sounds like many of us rite? We have our outer personas and our quieter side that we only show to people we trust. 

Wonder what is KAJ’s character. She said she’s not like YK at the club in real life. 

• Like 24

@xxPeepsxx Thank you so much for the translation of the interview ! I'm grateful you took the time to translate and share it with us :)

On a side note, it's really embarassing how KNG first comes up with the drama title when the MC asks him what kind of drama it is. Hahaha

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I miss our Gum couple. How come no kind photographer has picked up on them and asked them to do a photoshoot..or another drama god asking them to reconsider another drama together :wink::tongue::heart:

@bluehopeatm wow! I love your scrapbook!! It is so beautiful and filled with Gum Couple! Be sure to show us more goodies :wink:

• Like 10

Just now, lyserose said:

Truthfully, KNG (a Pisces) and KAJ (a Libra) are polar opposite and not the most compatible match astrologically (But so are my parents with my dad a Pisces and mom a Libra). Pisces is more reserved and sensitive whereas Libra is upfront and flirty.

It is totally natural if KNG choose to distance himself away either from his character as Heo Im or with his co-star KAJ. As far as I know, KNG is a very private person and idk how long we may get to know whether these two could actually become an item (or not).

And to be fair, I find KNG very hard to decipher. Since he had dating rumours with Son Ye Jin, it's fair to compare his rapport with her and with KAJ. My takes is that his interactions with these two actresses are at completely different extremes. Flirty and open with SYJ but reserved with KAJ. If there's one thing I noticed is that his interaction with SYJ has always been consistent but with KAJ, we noticed gradual shift on his side. I seriously don't know what to make up of this other than hoping my gut feeling is right that there's some sparks flying between him and KAJ off-cam, however in need of pursuant to make it happen.

Omooo... @lyserose I am a Pisces too... say hello to your dad :) Indeed, as a Pisces we are so sensitive and more reserved. I have a lot of friends and often they say 'it will be too quiet without me' ... KNG is just the same. But then...after all the whole busy day, I'd like to spend my time alone, gathering with family, or doing what I like most (such as replying your messages in Forum he-he). KNG makes himself busy by organizing NGO - Gilstory (try to take a look at this site http://www.gil-story.com/ ). Usually, art and culture is a part of Pisces. He is a man with big dreams and trying to make it happen.

On the other hand, KAJ is almost the same. She is a person who love studying...actually, she wears glasses. After finishing her BA, she pursued her master degree in journalism and mass communication (the same degree as me :) ), then studying hospitality (hotel management) in Switzerland. Acting with sunbaenim is a learning experience for her. I don't wonder why she is so enthusiasm by acting with KNG. She admires him and learns something new from him. We can see it on the scenes...her eyes can't lie. She is relatively quiet and rarely perform in public since her tax scandal. Unless for promoting films and culture, she is very active. A year ago, she was chosen as a jury for Asian short movie in women movie festival (forget the name of the festival).

Both KNG and KAJ are smart persons. Really. That's what make LUTYN is a great drama, besides its production team hard work. They know well of what they're doing and...tra-la-la... amazing chemistry comes true.

Once again, I will say...I am not a shipper... :grin:  I just don't wanna be disappointed, that's all. 

KNG-SYJ: maybe they dated a couple years ago, idk. Then they broke up, KNG felt depressed (besides his downgraded popularity factor). Since then, KNG said he will act as a soul searching process (my theory HA-HA). In Life Bar, his BFF Park Sung-woo said 'if you are lonely, don't forget to contact me. I will take care of you since I am your hyung'. Then, PSW said the words 'I always take care of him' to the hosts again to emphasize the meaning as a real one. He is a lonely person. And also, SYJ said in some interviews...KNG is only a friend for her, marriage won't come up to their mind (but who knows?).

KNG-KAJ: Come on!! It is so obvious on the screen ...though they have a great acting skill, ya. There were definitely some sparks ...started by admiring each other. They are so immersed into their character which I think not so different than their real characters. It's more easy for them to give a go with their own feeling during shooting time to make a realistic scene. Even Spiderman loves his Jane in real life :D 

KNG's body language to KAJ quiet different after shooting with the children in Joseon era. Maybe at that time, he finally knew the real KAJ. Just maybe... 

LUTYN could be his turning point in life... to appreciate life more than ever, being loved by others (actors, prod staffs, crews, fans), and finding true love in acting.

Since I love HI & YK, if there is something between them...hope it'll be kept privately. I will ship them if there is marriage announcement :tongue:  

• Like 23

6 hours ago, bluehopeatm said:

Wow, KAJ can make any place to be her own stage :)))) :heart:

what a pity that HI has never had a chance to watch YK dance :))))))))

maybe KNG can't resist either.

9 hours ago, mantleprey said:

KAH is so hot here! her figure is to die for! How can KNG resist?

5 hours ago, Cherrine Kim said:

Yes.. kaj has d sexy aura with not much effort.. she looks so good in every outfit she wore.. and that dancing with lee seung gi.. omo.. i can tell that she loves clubbing irl.. hahahaha..

She's got the whole package !! I found another video of her dancing with JYP (starts around 08:00). Just look at that "I'm-sexy-so-deal-with-it-people" kinda entrance ! B)

Cr Remixvideocollector

For a HQ video (shorter though) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxC5cTclCVo

Who can resist that ?! Poor KNG, of course he can't look at her in the eyes Bwahahaha

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, martanur said:

Omooo... @lyserose I am a Pisces too... say hello to your dad :) Indeed, as a Pisces we are so sensitive and more reserved. I have a lot of friends and often they say 'it will be too quiet without me' ... KNG is just the same. But then...after all the whole busy day, I'd like to spend my time alone, gathering with family, or doing what I like most (such as replying your messages in Forum he-he). KNG makes himself busy by organizing NGO - Gilstory (try to take a look at this site http://www.gil-story.com/ ). Usually, art and culture is a part of Pisces. He is a man with big dreams and trying to make it happen.

On the other hand, KAJ is almost the same. She is a person who love studying...actually, she wears glasses. After finishing her BA, she pursued her master degree in journalism and mass communication (the same degree as me :) ), then studying hospitality (hotel management) in Switzerland. Acting with sunbaenim is a learning experience for her. I don't wonder why she is so enthusiasm by acting with KNG. She admires him and learns something new from him. We can see it on the scenes...her eyes can't lie. She is relatively quiet and rarely perform in public since her tax scandal. Unless for promoting films and culture, she is very active. A year ago, she was chosen as a jury for Asian short movie in women movie festival (forget the name of the festival).

Both KNG and KAJ are smart persons. Really. That's what make LUTYN is a great drama, besides its production team hard work. They know well of what they're doing and...tra-la-la... amazing chemistry comes true.

Once again, I will say...I am not a shipper... :grin:  I just don't wanna be disappointed, that's all. 

KNG-SYJ: maybe they dated a couple years ago, idk. Then they broke up, KNG felt depressed (besides his downgraded popularity factor). Since then, KNG said he will act as a soul searching process (my theory HA-HA). In Life Bar, his BFF Park Sung-woo said 'if you are lonely, don't forget to contact me. I will take care of you since I am your hyung'. Then, PSW said the words 'I always take care of him' to the hosts again to emphasize the meaning as a real one. He is a lonely person. And also, SYJ said in some interviews...KNG is only a friend for her, marriage won't come up to their mind (but who knows?).

KNG-KAJ: Come on!! It is so obvious on the screen ...though they have a great acting skill, ya. There were definitely some sparks ...started by admiring each other. They are so immersed into their character which I think not so different than their real characters. It's more easy for them to give a go with their own feeling during shooting time to make a realistic scene. Even Spiderman loves his Jane in real life :D 

KNG's body language to KAJ quiet different after shooting with the children in Joseon era. Maybe at that time, he finally knew the real KAJ. Just maybe... 

LUTYN could be his turning point in life... to appreciate life more than ever, being loved by others (actors, prod staffs, crews, fans), and finding true love in acting.

Since I love HI & YK, if there is something between them...hope it'll be kept privately. I will ship them if there is marriage announcement :tongue:  

omg.. very well said haha :D the jealous feels is so real, even KNG just want to tease KAJ but something in there is real lol

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, martanur said:

I am a Piscean too and for work, I am very sociable but at the end of the day, I retreated into my quiet shell and prefer to be a homebody and spend time with family instead and become very private. However I am not into arts, unlike KNG. But we get really shy if we are crushing on someone, the exact reaction of KNG during the BTS.

I also agree that KNG started crushing badly on KAJ during the Joseon children shooting. Maybe that day they got closer and he found out that she is really smart and serious about her work and yet gentle and shy. It is also easier for them to act really convincing if they have true feelings for each other as well so I think he went with the flow then. Look at those hugs, kisses, intertwined hands and stares in the show - they are more in love than acting!

The last BTS and the many adlibs (lip biting, family photo portray sudden kiss) show a level of closeness and while waiting to shoot the next scene, they were hugging each other and leaning on each other. I doubt co-stars will do that unless there is something going on.

I have the same theory as you. KNG and SYJ probably dated for a few years and he was very open that he liked SYJ from the start by calling her 'goddess' and flirty during the filming of Shark. However it didnt work and split and he got into a depression and all those movies he made during that period of time are melo and intense and did not really help his depression. He enjoyed himself so much during the filming of LUTYN and his popularity soared again with good ratings. However, he may be afraid that falling for KAJ will lead to the same outcome so he maybe more cautious and distant.

8 minutes ago, Nguyen Nhi said:

I think I maybe the only one who has thoughts on our OTP,  especially KNG towards KAJ, as opposed to most of you here. To be honest I would have stop shipping them if the last BTS did not come out :))). To me, that intentional hug, that natural hand holding told me quite a bit about them. Moreover, if KNG distanced himself, I don't think KAJ could not sense it and she should distance herself as well especially KAJ is the type of person we all know. But what we have seen lately is they sat next to each other at the wrap-up party, KAJ seemed not hesitant or caustion when holding KNG's hand. I don't know about other actors/actresses in their wrap-up party though, if they still sit next to each other, if they would hold hands like that etc  but I just trust what I see from KNG and KAJ. I'm not very concerned about the theory KNG trying not to look at KAJ's side though :))) to me, it's nothing for him to look at that side :)) 

Yeah i was wondering if KNG is really trying to distant from KAJ, he would not sit next to her at the wrap-up party too. He probably was still shy and less boisterous during the party.

I won't be surprised if he keeps a distance after this as they are very professional and mature actors. I also hope if they do realized they have feelings for each other after months later, they sail privately and announce when they are going to get married without much pressure from the public.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, tiendoank said:

So, does anyone here keep replaying clips of them dating and kissing and hugging? or is it only me? hhhhh

I am a bit masochistic I think, I kept replaying the scenes in episodes 16, my faves are the back hug on the mattress, the crying in the room, and when they misse each other. I like the lovey scenes too but I feel the sad ones are the really gets your heart and showcase the depth of their love.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I miss our Gum couple. How come no kind photographer has picked up on them and asked them to do a photoshoot..or another drama god asking them to reconsider another drama together :wink::tongue::heart:

@bluehopeatm wow! I love your scrapbook!! It is so beautiful and filled with Gum Couple! Be sure to show us more goodies :wink:

Maybe there is no photoshoot for them now is because Korea is still celebrating their holiday and they still need some time to rest especially KAJ. Let's see next week or month.:tongue:

Their BTS say it all, maybe KNG started to feel something to KAJ on the Joseon era scene because the following BTS showed his changes to her. From being shy to not looking to her. Looking to KAJ, she seems enjoying that shyness from him. Hope TVN can release another BTS or else we can only see those to DCUT. The sad part is, if we do not meet the needed copy for them to release it then we will not have any chance to see more of them. :( I hope our ship will sail maybe not now but for the coming months.  

Thank you so much for those who gave their opinion 'bout the comment that I read. You guys made my heart at ease. Can't tag you guys as i'm on my phone right now. I always say this, I'm so happy that I found this haven. I now got alot of people to talk with regarding our bias. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Nguyen Nhi said:

I think I maybe the only one who has thoughts on our OTP,  especially KNG towards KAJ, as opposed to most of you here. To be honest I would have stop shipping them if the last BTS did not come out :))). To me, that intentional hug, that natural hand holding told me quite a bit about them. Moreover, if KNG distanced himself, I don't think KAJ could not sense it and she should distance herself as well especially KAJ is the type of person we all know. But what we have seen lately is they sat next to each other at the wrap-up party, KAJ seemed not hesitant or caustion when holding KNG's hand. I don't know about other actors/actresses in their wrap-up party though, if they still sit next to each other, if they would hold hands like that etc  but I just trust what I see from KNG and KAJ. I'm not very concerned about the theory KNG trying not to look at KAJ's side though :))) to me, it's nothing for him to look at that side :)) 

I also don’t think he is purposely trying to distance himself. He is a movie actor and for movies, they have to appear together to promote the movie even after they finished filming so it shouldn’t be possible to “distance themselves” since they have to meet again and project the same chemistry in the promotions. So bring an experienced movie actor, he should have his own means to decompress and I don’t think he needs to go to that extent. 

• Like 5

Just to add on for KNG, I read another article written 8 yrs ago where he was asked who was his ideal type. And after being given a list of all the gorgeous Korean celebs, he quite unhesitatingly picked Lee Young Ae from DAE Jang Geum. He says he likes the pure look in her eyes and yet also a modern feel. 

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/allaboutkimnamgil.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/kim-nam-gils-ideal-woman/amp/

and after I read that, I kept trying to notice it our KAJ also has pure look in her beautiful eyes. Oh well, she definitely has a modern feel. Haha. And I think KAJ in one of her interviews for LUTYN, says that she likes the pure look Heo Im gives YK. And who else was giving HI that pure look but KNG himself? Haha. 

So both of them like the emotions in the eyes! :wub:

And thanks @martanur for telling us more about KAJ. Didn’t know she’s such a studious person. No wonder I read somewhere that she said she hasn’t had a boyfriend since teenager days! 

Judging from personalities, lifestyle, background, i think both are at the right time or each other. Now it all depends on whether they want to pursue it or not. :)

• Like 15

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Naemari!!!!! If not another drama, a sweet photoshoot will be enough for us shippers :wub: Hihi. OR.. A MOVIE!! Hahahaha. Oops I got greedy right there real quick lol 

Hi chingudeulllll ~~ 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

I am a bit masochistic I think, I kept replaying the scenes in episodes 16, my faves are the back hug on the mattress, the crying in the room, and when they misse each other. I like the lovey scenes too but I feel the sad ones are the really gets your heart and showcase the depth of their love.

Omo chingu! We're very same! I kept on replaying the sad scenes, I want to feel their sadness as well. LOL. Idk but I'm still very impressed with their acting. Imagine how immersed they were when filming those sad scenes, especially when YK was begging to come with HI in joseon, and HI crying outside the room. Hayyyy

• Like 7