[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I’m not sure it was already discussed or not one thing caught my mind in 3 or 4 episode, when SOG impersonated dog secretary to trick Ma Whang with the contract. So he is able to do it, I’m curious are the writers will use it more to create funny or conflict situations ?! 

Also this “first love” guy appeared I’m looking  forward some jealousy scene, specially cute or funny. LSG use to do it in a very cute way, just how looks upset when left It out from a chat room for example ;-) Some  aspect SOG personality reminded me for prince Lee Jae Ha, up to date my favotite role of LSG, now it’s in danger might became the second one after SOG ;-)

• Like 4

I'm really confused at why the ice god went from trying to kill Sam Jang to wanting to help her find out what Oh Gongs feelings are? :huh:

I mean my first guess is that the reason he wanted to get rid of Sam Jang (which he was very keen on doing) was because of his loyalty to Oh Gong but his reasons for helping Sam Jang ( if you can call it that ) seems suspicious:ph34r:. Is he trying to find out what oh Gongs feelings are, so he can determine where he stands with Sam Jang or does he have other insidious plans? Hope not  ^_^

Edited by chichi196
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, carolinedl said:

One thing I find amusing in this show is all the references to other works.

Other references anyone noticed? I saw a few others but cannot remember them now..P

In the first or second episode SOG watched Kang’s kitchen on TV and even commented that’s good or funny ;-)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Done watching ep 5 & 6!!! Just gonna highlight a few things here. 

In ep 5 does anyone know what was the motive of that Japanese girl Akiko?? I really did not get that part. At the end, Akiko said along the lines of anyone that knows Akiko will be get rid of. I thought the old lady was Akiko and she was the one controlling Akiko somehow. 

Ep 6 was hilarious especially with these two! They are so immature and childish. Just because MW made OSG feel love and pain because MW started it, OSG felt unfair and wanted MW to feel the pain too. OSG totally deserved that splash of water. haha. May MW stay strong to become a deity and reunite with his love.

The ending for ep 6 I hope OSG truly meant what he said and both of them needs each other love right now. Both are such lonely souls so please be honest OSG and JSM. 

koreanoydessey.gif

Ep 7 Preview: Do you guys see it?!! They are wearing matching outfits! Is OSG trying to be more like JSM?? 

Anyway, can't wait for this weekend episodes because I can't wait to see OSG reaction when he finds out that there is someone who is in love with JSM. *love triangle* 

hwayugi.jpg

• Like 8

@beingdramatic both guys are just extra childish lmao :D

about Akiko, the demons here arise from the negative feelings/ greediness/ evilness of human beings.  The old lady was one of those who betrayed Korea and side with the Japanese hence she has been living rich  but now she hid that identity. She is awarded as one of the hero with Korean name... She is dying to hide the fact so the Akiko ghost said "anyone who knew about the truth have to be killed".

The one who know about that fact is herself

• Like 7

One of my favorite part in ep 6 when SOG and MW saved SJ from secretary. The scene, the background music, and the conversation was somehow dramatic and kind of funny at once, I really like such special moments in the dramas. 

Spoiler

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, haymochi said:

@beingdramatic both guys are just extra childish lmao :D

about Akiko, the demons here arise from the negative feelings/ greediness/ evilness from human beings.  The old lady was one of those who betrayed Korea and side with the Japanese hence she has been living but now she hid that identity. She is awarded as one of the hero with Korean name... She is dying to hide the fact so the Akiko ghost said "anyone who knew about the truth have to be killed".

The one who know about that fact is herself

Oh right, that makes sense now. She basically doubles cross two nation. Thank you for the explanation!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chichi196 said:

Guy's I'm really confused at why the ice god went from trying to kill Sam Jang to wanting to help her find out what Oh Gongs feelings are? :huh:

I mean my first guess is that the reason he wanted to get rid of Oh Gong was because of his loyalty to him but his reasons for helping Sam Jang ( if you can call it that ) seems suspicious:ph34r:. Is he also trying to find out since oh Gong basically rejected his proposal and he wants to know the reason (but how would he know?) so he can determine where he stands with Sam Jang if his hungnim is in love with her or does he have other insidious plans? Hope not  ^_^

Isn’t the situation that the Geumgango “freezed” so no effect on SOG heart,  can be mean if SOG wouldn’t  be in love with SJ anyway (not just because the braceket) he could eat her in that short period of time ?! As SOG refused to rid of the bracelet on that night might be he used SJ to make the opportunity happen ?!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, IliK said:

Isn’t the situation that the Geumgango “freezed” so no effect on SOG heart,  can be mean if SOG wouldn’t  be in love with SJ anyway (not just because the braceket) he could eat her in that short period of time ?! As SOG refused to rid of the bracelet on that night might be he used SJ to make the opportunity happen ?!

That's what I don't really get. What would the ice god gain by killing Sam Jang

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, blairbex said:

loved this episode because it started with a bang i mean a bed scene so hilarious hong sisters have out done themself to put leads on each other with crazy scenarios . 

and finaly a ghost with ties to the plot , the japanese angle is so intriguing and the president candidate is yet say a word he already has a backstory . can’t wait for more . 

loving the otp development . the last drama i watched the female lead had no clue she was in love or the man was in love with her . here sunmi knows she’s falling head over heels , she owns her own feelings and tackles in head on . since oh gongs love is fake she don’t want none of it . so refreshing . 

and oh gong is not human . so we can’t compare him usual k drama a.holes. he’s a monkey king who has sinned so much to be expelled from heaven and to be held captive for 500 years . so him tricking mawang is nothing and fits well naturaly with his charactor . and it was epic . i didn’t see it coming , now mawang will share oh gongs pain z 

I think we need to pay attention to these little back stories as they will prove to be the key to the destruction of the world.  Even though we don't know who the presidential candidate is we know that he comes from a line of disloyal family members who sold out their country; We also know that the zombie girl is connected to him as well.  When she regains her memory she may prove helpful. We also know by the fact that monkey destroyed the entire film world that when Sun-mi was hurt that he will pose a threat to this world should Sun-mi get hurt again.  Look at how he paid the bull king back when he realized that not only was he in pain from the bracelet but so was Sun-mi.  Being the demon that he is his anger is more than dangerous it could prove to be apocalyptic.  Right know the Hong sister have put in lots of funny moments like the bed scene but I predict that knowing their style it will get heavier as we go along so get your tissue box ready.  We are in for tears.  

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, chichi196 said:

That's what I don't really get. What would the ice god gain by killing Sam Jang

I think we're starting to become a bit too suspicious here (with all these monkey tricks ^_^). I don't believe that General Frost had any intention (or more like any desire) to kill SamJang. He doesn't care that much about her powers and he's not too ambitious either. The one thing he really loves is freezing things, that's his true passion. Thus there's no much difference for him whom to *help* as long as he can practice his powers at their fullest due to the snow storm that was coming. Plus I do think that in a way he was trying to enlighten Son Oh Gong about his true feelings for SamJang.

• Like 6

Dear gods thank you for letting me make it thru Chinese subs.  I loved the eps! Thoroughly enjoyed them. All the characters were superb particularly LSG. Heh. But of cos - he is one if not the main reason why some of us are glued to this show.

I think Monkey has been planning his escape from the bracelet all along. The cogs in his plan were all turning at one point but when push came to shove, the demise of SJ seemed to bother him quite a bit. Either the bracelet was stopping him or he was.  I like that the show is keeping me guessing.

His erratic behavior would seem illogical unless you recognize that his mannerisms can be explained by emotional turmoil he does not know he is feeling. Other than being all shrewd and mischievous, the rather emo monkey is ostensibly rationalizing away his true feelings. Why else would you want something gone, think so hard about it gone and then go retract your steps near showtime? Everyone and the zombie knows. It is definitely his monkey heart going thud-thud on its own me thinks.

Though I want to think that, there is always his unpredictability that casts some shadow of doubt as to how it will happen  that keeps it all exciting. When they do work out fine, a deity-mortal rlnship will be fraught with trials and tribulations, no? Perhaps the second hurdle/half?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beingdramatic said:

Oh right, that makes sense now. She basically doubles cross two nation. Thank you for the explanation!

I agree also I predict this will prove to be important in the future as the older women is connected to the presidential candidate.  Their family history shows a willingness to betray their country.  Also, her emotions were so strong it created a demon who was ready to kill anyone who knows their family history. One has to question just how far a member of this family will go to rule and keep their position of power.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm just gonna ask out of curiosity, how the netizen feels about Oh yeon seo and Lee seung gi chemistry? I love them together and I ship them like crazy, but I read some comments that some of them felt like they have lack of chemistry. I just want to know if I'm in the majority side or not because I love them together so much :heart:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, haymochi said:

I'm still swooning when Oh Gong burn't the whole world just for her. Gyaah... and the way he looks at her with relieve cos she is alive...

Your mind might be saying different think but your heart is saying "i love her"

@haymochi i agree with you that OG is rather fond of SM.

This is my hypothesis..

though he is fond of her, he knows the implications if he allows his feelings to deepen... It is him who will suffer cos he is an immortal. He will have to bear those memories and be sad eternally when SM's life comes to an end.. That's why those flippant words...

"Yes i will do this for you because i love you" (true not induced by bracelet) 

"but you know all these are fake because the bracelet tells me so" (a way to convince himself that these feelings are not real..it will end) 

He also tried to kill her while his feelings are not deep but to no success.

Yes it will hurt SM but he has to know that there is an end, else he will be the living with those feelings and lingerings...Remember he told buja not to have relationship with the living cos she is dead...

I believe OG can read SM's mind else why would he say...i promise to give u everything you like green, movie, strawberry icecream and ME! It's just whether he wants to reciprocate in the manner that she hopes..That's why he is at the lock area looking at the lock SM placed.... 

I am curious how he will handle those feelings that are growing by the day..

I believe that has to be settled first before they can deal with the real threat to mankind

What do u think of my hypothesis?  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

I'm just gonna ask out of curiosity, how the netizen feels about Oh yeon seo and Lee seung gi chemistry? I love them together and I ship them like crazy, but I read some comments that some of them felt like they have lack of chemistry. I just want to know if I'm in the majority side or not because I love them together so much :heart:

The comments on Naver i read have been praising their chemistry though...

i even read comments about Oh Yeon Seo should be the one MC-ing with him

idk i ship them as SJ-OG so much... but i never really care about celebrities personal life

• Like 11