[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

On 09/12/2017 at 1:36 PM, RealityDream said:

Hu Yi Tien got invited to attend the TV anhui award end of the year! I wonder why only him? Shen Yue was good too, how come she didn't get any award? :(   I feel like her acting is really professional and superb as a newbie. She's just not as famous as the others. 

@RealityDreamPerhaps it's cause Shen Yue is currently busy shooting Meteor Garden? 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, themarchioness said:

I disagree that they needed the break for JC to realize that he couldn't be without her -- I think he knew that beforehand.  After all, he was already thinking marriage and had refused the opportunity in Beijing initially.  But, having said that, I do think the 3 years apart helped them both to deal with their insecurities.

@themarchioness

Sorry I've got to cut your post short in this quote but your analysis was so insightful. Beautifully written too! I think the time jumps are fine... but I do still feel that they rushed through the dating life (ep 18-19) and.. the reunion wasn't long enough.. In this respect, the novel is sweeter and not as hard on our OTP as the drama is.  And this is why I'm praying really hard for a Season 2. In some ways, the drama feels more coherent... They did fix the novel's flaws and made Jiang Chen's motivation for being a doctor clearer. And I do appreciate the expanded focus on the supporting characters and the continuity from their high school days to their lives as working adults. And Lu Yang is a breath of fresh air. I'm glad they added him. On the other hand... I wish we had more post-reunion eps of our OTP. It could feel like fanservice but aaaaargh it's not enough! I'm suffering from A Love So Beautiful withdrawals here.

Also, did anyone else notice that Lu Yang's name is saved differently in everybody's phonebooks? Some people saved him as 陆杨 and others saved his name as 路杨.

P.S. has anyone found Chen Xiao Xi/Shen Yue's clothes as a working adult online? Any recommended sites? I tried Taobao but only the blue and white dress (a cheap imitation) and the striped dress she wears during Lu Yang and Lin Jin Xiao's bachelorette/bachelor's party are up online.

Another thing... does anyone know whether Tencent or another distributor might release a DVD of A Love So Beautiful? I know we're living in the age of the Internet and hardly anybody buys DVDs anymore but I just love collecting DVDs of my favourite dramas. And not the pirated ones, either haahahah. 

4 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

@RealityDreamPerhaps it's cause Shen Yue is currently busy shooting Meteor Garden? 

Yeah, that's possible. She did mention that she received a lot of letters. Her agent is with her while filming Meteor Garden, so I guess there's no one there to let her know of any award notification? I hope she'll receive some award for this drama. :( 

12 hours ago, RealityDream said:

Yeah, that's possible. She did mention that she received a lot of letters. Her agent is with her while filming Meteor Garden, so I guess there's no one there to let her know of any award notification? I hope she'll receive some award for this drama. :( 

@RealityDreamI think she still has access to Weibo since she's been posting on Weibo albeit not super frequently so she probably knows that Hu Yitian got the award. And they all still keep in touch and are aware of each other's latest works, awards, and updates. Um... I don't think it's that she wasn't notified ... she probably can't attend (no matter whether she was nominated for an award).. the shooting schedule probably doesn't allow for actors to take time out of their production to attend an award show. 

Hu Yitian definitely deserves the Rising Actor/Potential TV Actor of the Year award that Tencent gave him. And yea, in my humble opinion, Shen Yue also deserved a spot alongside the other actresses who won Rising Actress/Potential TV Actress of the Year. Who knows how the judges calculate these things? Although I'm guessing the star's popularity has a lot to do with it based on the identities of the other 2 guys who won Rising TV Actor. 

I also do agree somewhat that the fan reaction towards Hu Yitian has almost been...animalistic in comparison to the fan reaction to Shen Yue. I do see a lot of comments on Shen Yue's videos and livestream chats complimenting her acting.. and saying she's soo cute. She's really cute. Totally girl-crush worthy. And I think she has a lot of talent. She reminds me of a combo of Zhao Wei and Tang Yixin. She looks like an elf. So cute and otherworldly.

Shen Yue's time will come. Whether it's Meteor Garden 2018 or another drama.. she'll be recognised. 

@Daesung86 have you tried using a YouTube video converter website to convert the themesong to mp3? That's what I did and the quality's perfectly fine. 

Rewatching ep 23 for the third time now hahaha. BTW, does anyone else think it's weird that the senior from their university is now Xiao Xi's boss? Like, wasn't he from Jiang Chen's faculty? Wasn't he studying medicine? Why is it that he's now running a design company?

I mean I know they merged the senior character and CXX's boss in the drama... but like this is just a bit weird..  I mean yea, it's not out of the realm of possibility to switch fields or decide you're not meant to work in the field you studied... but yea... wish they'd just dropped a line about how the senior who was studying medicine and CXX and Situ Mo formed a company... It would have made the transition a lot smoother...

And also.. the whole WBS becoming a celeb thing.. Couldn't they have mentioned how he still had shoulder problems and couldn't continue swimming professionally and decided to enter the entertainment industry instead? Aaargghh, scriptwriters! 

43 minutes ago, zoeraindasher said:

Rewatching ep 23 for the third time now hahaha. BTW, does anyone else think it's weird that the senior from their university is now Xiao Xi's boss? Like, wasn't he from Jiang Chen's faculty? Wasn't he studying medicine? Why is it that he's now running a design company?

I mean I know they merged the senior character and CXX's boss in the drama... but like this is just a bit weird..  I mean yea, it's not out of the realm of possibility to switch fields or decide you're not meant to work in the field you studied... but yea... wish they'd just dropped a line about how the senior who was studying medicine and CXX and Situ Mo formed a company... It would have made the transition a lot smoother...

And also.. the whole WBS becoming a celeb thing.. Couldn't they have mentioned how he still had shoulder problems and couldn't continue swimming professionally and decided to enter the entertainment industry instead? Aaargghh, scriptwriters! 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was weird. When I saw the preview, I was like oh, he's that senior guy in the medicine faculty. Also, the girl in Xiao Xi's company. Wasn't she also in the same field as Xiao Xi? Why is she working as like a secretary or accountant or something? It turned out the senior character is one of the people working in the background. I saw him in the BTS. Even their high school homeroom teacher is one of the people working in the background. 

I literally thought WBS had recovered from his shoulder problem. Remember when Xiao Xi didn't get into university, the news was showing WBS competition and said he had recovered from his shoulder and how when they were in their 4th year (Lu Yang, Lin Jing Xiao and Jiang Chen is and Xiao Xi in her 3rd year), WBS was in the nationals team already. I also wanted to know how he went from nationals to becoming a star doing lotion or oil advertisements? It's weird. lol. 

24 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was weird. When I saw the preview, I was like oh, he's that senior guy in the medicine faculty. Also, the girl in Xiao Xi's company. Wasn't she also in the same field as Xiao Xi? Why is she working as like a secretary or accountant or something? It turned out the senior character is one of the people working in the background. I saw him in the BTS. Even their high school homeroom teacher is one of the people working in the background. 

I literally thought WBS had recovered from his shoulder problem. Remember when Xiao Xi didn't get into university, the news was showing WBS competition and said he had recovered from his shoulder and how when they were in their 4th year (Lu Yang, Lin Jing Xiao and Jiang Chen is and Xiao Xi in her 3rd year), WBS was in the nationals team already. I also wanted to know how he went from nationals to becoming a star doing lotion or oil advertisements? It's weird. lol. 

Yea... oh I forgot that Xiao Xi's colleague is a secretary/account/admin person in the company.. (Yea that's a bit weird as well but still somewhat acceptable for me because at least she's working in a design-related company and she was the most logical/rational out of Xiao Xi's dorm mates so I can definitely see her as an accountant or doing admin staff. Can't remember if Momo was also studying design in the novel. The Jiang Chen's senior thing just came out of nowhere.

Ohh, they're part of the crew? I'd better rewatch the BTS parts!

Yea, WBS's shoulder, ohkay my brain short-circuited.. I forgot that he recovered.. The shoulder problem (maybe it came back) was the only reason I could think of that he turned away from swimming professionally.. Well, okay, then since the drama says he's fully recovered,  maybe he's like the Hong Kong singer...Alex Fong.. the swimmer-turned-singer.. but they still should have explained it...

2 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

@RealityDreamI think she still has access to Weibo since she's been posting on Weibo albeit not super frequently so she probably knows that Hu Yitian got the award. And they all still keep in touch and are aware of each other's latest works, awards, and updates. Um... I don't think it's that she wasn't notified ... she probably can't attend (no matter whether she was nominated for an award).. the shooting schedule probably doesn't allow for actors to take time out of their production to attend an award show. 

Hu Yitian definitely deserves the Rising Actor/Potential TV Actor of the Year award that Tencent gave him. And yea, in my humble opinion, Shen Yue also deserved a spot alongside the other actresses who won Rising Actress/Potential TV Actress of the Year. Who knows how the judges calculate these things? Although I'm guessing the star's popularity has a lot to do with it based on the identities of the other 2 guys who won Rising TV Actor. 

I also do agree somewhat that the fan reaction towards Hu Yitian has almost been...animalistic in comparison to the fan reaction to Shen Yue. I do see a lot of comments on Shen Yue's videos and livestream chats complimenting her acting.. and saying she's soo cute. She's really cute. Totally girl-crush worthy. And I think she has a lot of talent. She reminds me of a combo of Zhao Wei and Tang Yixin. She looks like an elf. So cute and otherworldly.

Shen Yue's time will come. Whether it's Meteor Garden 2018 or another drama.. she'll be recognised. 

@Daesung86 have you tried using a YouTube video converter website to convert the themesong to mp3? That's what I did and the quality's perfectly fine. 

@zoeraindasher hehehe i did that too but i also thought about the other background songs too...

20 minutes ago, zoeraindasher said:

@Daesung86 Ooooh the instrumental songs in the background! Oh yeah, they're nice..oh, converting those songs.. that's gonna be hard and a lot of woooork. 
I found this link. Haven't tried downloading. 

Think you need the Xiami app. 

http://www.xiami.com/album/2102932040

@zoeraindasher wowww cool.... ok, i'll try hehehe thank you so much :D

23 minutes ago, zoeraindasher said:

@Daesung86 Also.. if you type/copy and paste the Chinese title of A Love So Beautiful (致我们单纯的小美好) into Spotify, the full album will appear. 

@zoeraindasher hehehehe i did that too after someone from twitter post the spotify with full album..... but i'll try to download from the link u gave me. would u like the zip after i success download the link? hopefully i can found an apps that will help me download the songs hehehehe

19 minutes ago, Daesung86 said:

@zoeraindasher hehehehe i did that too after someone from twitter post the spotify with full album..... but i'll try to download from the link u gave me. would u like the zip after i success download the link? hopefully i can found an apps that will help me download the songs hehehehe

@Daesung86 I wouldn't say no to the OST! Hahaha.. I'm sure we'd all be super thankful if you shared the link here. 

BTW.. how can Xiao Xi afford to rent such a nice apartment? Okay... even if she didn't buy the furniture and it came fully furnished.. the rent for that apartment must be quite high.. Like that's a really nice pad. For 1 person, that place is quite spacious. Didn't she like not get paid for 2 months? How does the show's logic work? Anyone else thinking about this issue? 

31 minutes ago, zoeraindasher said:

@Daesung86 I wouldn't say no to the OST! Hahaha.. I'm sure we'd all be super thankful if you shared the link here. 

@zoeraindasherhehehe will do. hopefully i can download it. btw how to put the zip in this post? hmm seems i never done that before so i'm  kinda confused. Do you mind to tell me how to do it? i might can post it when im done download the ost hehehe. thank you :)

41 minutes ago, Daesung86 said:

@zoeraindasherhehehe will do. hopefully i can download it. btw how to put the zip in this post? hmm seems i never done that before so i'm  kinda confused. Do you mind to tell me how to do it? i might can post it when im done download the ost hehehe. thank you :)

@Daesung86 You can use a file sharing service like Mediafire, Zippyshare or Box. I'm not really sure about the technical details about posting/uploading the zip file directly to this thread. But if you've uploaded it to Zippyshare or Mediafire or any other file sharing service, I think there'll be a link to the zip file you can share or paste.. Hold on,, actually I'm not sure if this violates Soompi's rule on sharing of copyrighted files? Can any admin or moderator comment on this? 

Archived