[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

7 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

I miss this drama immensely. But we can always rewatch all 23 episodes  . They are all really awesome. 

Thanksss for ur great job at translations  %♡

Haha yeah. So funnyyy..

the word "you made me tired last night" and they both tease each other having blushed face.  Yeah they slept together last night lol. In the drama this is their first time . But actually when JC propose in the novel (they did it a few times already). The nurse made a bet /game. with doctor su ~ Telling Xx se is Pregnant and she was so shocked and upset she  said " where is JC i reeally need yo have a goodconversation with him".

You're welcome. @themarchioness is the better translator :)  

I like how she said it so bluntly, then realized she had said something embarrassing, just like when she was practicing the hurdles and said to JC, that she didn't make the hurdles fall and he responded "on behalf of the hurdles, I thank you" and she said unconsciously said ok or something then caught herself on that. It's hilarious. 

I feel like the JC in the novel isn't as lovely as the JC in the drama. In the drama, when he came back, he really shows how much he loves XX and wasn't his arrogant self. In the scene where he was drunk and said "he needs to find XX", somehow I felt like he really really misses her and has to find her. I didn't quite understand why he said, it was hard to find her? Like why did he wait 3 years later to find he, besides the fact that he was occupied at the internship? I felt this drama depicts the whole "distance makes one grew fonder of the other".  

In the novel, although they were separated for 3 years, they were still in the same city. When I read it, I didn't feel like he treasured her, more like he took her for granted. What was your take when you read the novel? 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

You're welcome. @themarchioness is the better translator :)  

I like how she said it so bluntly, then realized she had said something embarrassing, just like when she was practicing the hurdles and said to JC, that she didn't make the hurdles fall and he responded "on behalf of the hurdles, I thank you" and she said unconsciously said ok or something then caught herself on that. It's hilarious. 

I feel like the JC in the novel isn't as lovely as the JC in the drama. In the drama, when he came back, he really shows how much he loves XX and wasn't his arrogant self. In the scene where he was drunk and said "he needs to find XX", somehow I felt like he really really misses her and has to find her. I didn't quite understand why he said, it was hard to find her? Like why did he wait 3 years later to find he, besides the fact that he was occupied at the internship? I felt this drama depicts the whole "distance makes one grew fonder of the other".  

In the novel, although they were separated for 3 years, they were still in the same city. When I read it, I didn't feel like he treasured her, more like he took her for granted. What was your take when you read the novel? 

ur Chinese is really good, how nice!

yeah,  Xiao Xi sometimes blurt things out unconsiously ,  she is really lovely !

i knoww..

in the drama when JC is drunk he said "Xiao Xi i miss you so much". Aww my heart melts..!!  the drama really has many touching and memorable moments.  mann...i love it. 

yeah i  super agree. in the novel  he didn't really cherish her as much as in the drama., why  just after 3 years he made the "wrong call", pretty careless guy in the drama (and quite heartless) LOL.

i don't like JC in the novel that much. :tongue:  and plus in novel no narration from JC whatsoever, i didnt like it :( 

33 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

ur Chinese is really good, how nice!

yeah,  Xiao Xi sometimes blurt things out unconsiously ,  she is really lovely !

i knoww..

in the drama when JC is drunk he said "Xiao Xi i miss you so much". Aww my heart melts..!!  the drama really has many touching and memorable moments.  mann...i love it. 

yeah i  super agree. in the novel  he didn't really cherish her as much as in the drama., why  just after 3 years he made the "wrong call", pretty careless guy in the drama (and quite heartless) LOL.

i don't like JC in the novel that much. :tongue:  and plus in novel no narration from JC whatsoever, i didnt like it :( 

I think the wrong call part was a few days or weeks after the fight when he returned and called her, but then saw WBS and her hugging so while he was upset and think that she is happy without him or has found someone else, he said wrong call. I think its also because of her tone too. Its like deliverying "Why did you call me?"  I find it heartbreaking that they split up at that time, but then when I think about it, probably the split up is what they needed. If it wasn't for the split, JC wouldn't be leaving for Beijing to further his skills to become a better doctor and he wouldn't know how much he loved Xiao Xi because he has always been a detached person. As for Xiao Xi, its an opportunity for her to grow and solved problems on her own since she has always relied on JC. I feel like its a test of their love for one another and Idk why this happens whether its in drama or even in real life. If you can't pass the test in real life, then break up forever, but if you pass it, then you would cherish each other even more. 

Yeah, my heart really melts when he told her he missed her a lot, too. Do you like their high school days more, uni life, or adult life more? 

I like all of them. LOL. High school days were like having a friend to accompany you and getting to know each other... Uni life, is like learning to become an adult and living on your own, supporting one another without the parents... and adult life is the mature side. lol 

Hu Yi Tien got invited to attend the TV anhui award end of the year! I wonder why only him? Shen Yue was good too, how come she didn't get any award? :(   I feel like her acting is really professional and superb as a newbie. She's just not as famous as the others. 

Regarding the last part of the post above, I also notice the same scenario in recent china award ceremonies, the male leads of several net dramas got invited but not the female leads, the males got more attention etc. Besides Hu Yi Tian....also same for Xing Zhao Lin from the other current drama too. I understand there are more female fans who are attracted to the male chars...but we need both leads to make a good show, shouldn't ignore the other.

2 hours ago, RealityDream said:

I think the wrong call part was a few days or weeks after the fight when he returned and called her, but then saw WBS and her hugging so while he was upset and think that she is happy without him or has found someone else, he said wrong call. I think its also because of her tone too. Its like deliverying "Why did you call me?"  I find it heartbreaking that they split up at that time, but then when I think about it, probably the split up is what they needed. If it wasn't for the split, JC wouldn't be leaving for Beijing to further his skills to become a better doctor and he wouldn't know how much he loved Xiao Xi because he has always been a detached person. As for Xiao Xi, its an opportunity for her to grow and solved problems on her own since she has always relied on JC. I feel like its a test of their love for one another and Idk why this happens whether its in drama or even in real life. If you can't pass the test in real life, then break up forever, but if you pass it, then you would cherish each other even more. 

Yeah, my heart really melts when he told her he missed her a lot, too. Do you like their high school days more, uni life, or adult life more? 

I like all of them. LOL. High school days were like having a friend to accompany you and getting to know each other... Uni life, is like learning to become an adult and living on your own, supporting one another without the parents... and adult life is the mature side. lol 

Hu Yi Tien got invited to attend the TV anhui award end of the year! I wonder why only him? Shen Yue was good too, how come she didn't get any award? :(   I feel like her acting is really professional and superb as a newbie. She's just not as famous as the others. 

I love all three timelines. School and uni (the best best best cause they are dating). And adult days where he tries hard to win her. So good. 

Yeah break up or cooling down period is beneficial for them,cause they always bicker and have different opinions about things .. (eg. She wants to work part time. and he said dont).  

He is too busy with internship,  she feels abandoned..

Also he can focus 3 years on study and not divide his attention to gf  . (Good on him too). And finally he realise he couldnt be without her. 

Oh really. HyT will get  another award? ?? Omgggg.    1 month famous and already   2 awards.  I believe cause female fans {4 millions of peopl) keep voting for HYT or search for his name etc. So he becomes number   1 on those sites (even surpassed Li yi feng)  . In 2016 also Li Yi feng received 5 or 6 awards just because of his popularity  

but those female fans tend not to follow / vote for Shen Yue.  Poor girl. But i am sure she will get there eventually. 

56 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Regarding the last part of the post above, I also notice the same scenario in recent china award ceremonies, the male leads of several net dramas got invited but not the female leads, the males got more attention etc. Besides Hu Yi Tian....also same for Xing Zhao Lin from the other current drama too. I understand there are more female fans who are attracted to the male chars...but we need both leads to make a good show, shouldn't ignore the other.

Yeah. Both male and female leads should be equal   ..in my opinion. if one get award, their other half should too. They both make the drama big.  But in china  the female fans is biased towards male actor it seems ^^ 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I know subbed episodes are right around the corner, but I love this confession scene from Ep 22 so much, I couldn't resist translating it.  This is after XX rejects WBS's proposal.  WBS calls LY out for company as he resorts to getting drunk, and then LY calls JC over to join them.

[WBS hands him bottle]

JC: I have a surgery scheduled for tomorrow.

WBS: You’re so cool-headed.

JC: You’re drunk.

WBS: Jiang Chen, give me back Chen Xiao Xi. 

[Personal Note: I might have been screaming at the screen at this point, “‘Give back?’  You never had her!”  :lol:]

JC: She’s always been mine.

WBS: [Yells] I heard in order to help Chen Xiao Xi put out a manga, you sold your car.  How much was it?  I’ll give it. 

JC: This is our business.  It’s not for you to care about.

WBS: How can I not care?  These three years, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was smiling, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was crying, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was sick, where were you?  You frankly don’t like her as much as I do! 

Jiang Chen, can you give Xiao Xi to me? 

JC: Everyone thinks Chen Xiao Xi likes me more.

WBS: Isn’t that the case?

JC: I’m not like the rest of you.  Ever since I was little, I’ve always thought I would be okay by myself.  When I was really little, my dad died.  My mom decided to go elsewhere to work and took my younger brother, but she didn’t take me.  So I didn’t care.  Because no matter who it was, they’d end up leaving. 

But Chen Xiao Xi was different.  She was always there.  After a while, I discovered that when I was going to school, I couldn’t help myself from looking back to see if she was secretly following me.   At home, I couldn’t help myself from pulling back the drapes to see what she was up to.  When I was working on an exam question, I’d sometimes think this question’s really hard.  Would it make her cry? 

WBS: So what?  Didn’t you still leave her?

JC: When I left, I thought for sure she’d come to find me.  Because that’s what she’d always been like.  But she didn’t.  All of the sudden, I didn’t know what to do.  Actually, I later came to look for her.  But I discovered you were by her side.  I wondered if she’d finally discovered that I wasn’t actually as good as she thought I was.  That I wasn’t the person best suited for her. 

So I all I could do was comfort myself.  A person as stupid as her, as noisy as her, and who eats as much as her, without her, my life would only be better.  But I discovered; I couldn’t fool myself.  I wanted to hear her talk.  I wanted to eat with her.  I thought . . . I thought I couldn’t be without her. 

Actually, whatever it is she doesn’t like about me, I’m willing to change.  But I don’t know what it is that she used to like so much about me.

WBS: [picks up phone]  Chen Xiao Xi, did you hear that?  [hangs up phone]  After all these years, this is the first time I’ve heard you say so much.  It’s enough.

Don't worry; you didn't miss anything!  They only show that scene in the flashback.  In the drama, it pretty much skips the 3 years in between.

1 word -> AWESOME!!!! @themarchioness  now off to watch ep 23 (again)

2 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Yeah. I agree! Well, I think girls watch dramas more than guys. Some guys do watch dramas but a majority are girls. Hu Yi Tien is cute and good looking. His height makes his looks even better. There's not that many guys with his height. His acting was superb too, so I wasn't against the fact that he got noticed and more award invites. I just feel bad for the female actresses, especially the new ones like Shen Yue because she deserves one too. All the female awards are going to the ones that are already popular. We always hear them say the same thing in their speech "Thanking director, producers, fans, etc etc..." -- nothing new ... 

I feel Xing Zhao Lin got noticed was because of his role in Princess agent. He was always with Lin Geng Xin, so he happens to get noticed too. His role in his new drama wasn't that good. I like his role and performance better in the Princess Agent.  

5 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Also he can focus 3 years on study and not divide his attention to gf  . (Good on him too). And finally he realise he couldnt be without her.

I disagree that they needed the break for JC to realize that he couldn't be without her -- I think he knew that beforehand.  After all, he was already thinking marriage and had refused the opportunity in Beijing initially.  But, having said that, I do think the 3 years apart helped them both to deal with their insecurities.

Honestly, pre-break, my sympathies lied more with him.  [Note, I use the word "more" -- I do have some sympathies for her, as I will continue to explain!]  I know it sucked for XX that every time she turned around, JC was either working or being called away to work.  Maybe it's because I have too many doctors in the family, but I know that's exactly what it's like, and if you're going to be with someone who's in that profession, it's an occupational hazard you have to learn to handle.  I do think she tried, so it's not that I don't want to give XX any credit, but clearly the comments and observations from friends and other people about JC never being around started to get to her.  She let those insecurities creep in -- and she did, in large part, because she had always operated under the assumption that she loved JC more and the only reason he was with her was because she'd kept after him until he had no choice.  We know that couldn't be farther from the truth, so it made it frustrating for us to watch, but for her. Yeah.  Insecurities.

I definitely felt bad for XX after her incident with the creepy real estate agent guy, and yeah, I could understand why she freaked and went looking for JC for comfort and reassurance.  Of course, we know that instead of meeting him, she met that nurse who inadvertently blabbed about JC's Beijing opportunity.  How I wish XX wouldn't have assumed and allowed him to explain when she confronted him about it, but I think it was just sort of "perfect storm" material at that point, so I don't really blame her in that moment.  She had her reasons for being angry, although he may not have fully understood it at the time.  He just thought she was being immature with a lack of understanding.

I think the break gave them time to grow up.  As someone already mentioned, they'd always been together up until that point.  I think the 3 years allowed them to develop independently.  Any time a couple is apart, it's always regretful, but I don't think it necessarily a bad thing here.  Mostly, it doesn't bother me too much because I feel like even though they weren't together, they were always together anyway.  It's clear that while JC was in Beijing, XX was never far from his mind.  And for XX, I find it telling that she could never be persuaded by WBS in those 3 years and in JC's absence.  Sure, he pursued her in high school too, but JC was always there to distract XX.  The fact that he still couldn't win her over even with JC gone says a lot.  Though she may have been angry at JC for leaving, deep down she never stopped loving him either.

Three years later, I think what JC learned was that he needed to be more vocal about how he felt about XX and what he wanted with respect to her.  As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, he already knew back then that he wanted to marry her.  But did he ever tell her?  No.  It's kind of like when they started dating -- he'd already known he wanted to date her, but he never told her until he proclaimed it.  It's also the same as with his Beijing opportunity -- he never told her about it because in his mind, it was unnecessary since he was declining the opportunity anyway.  But in failing to tell her about it (and explaining that he was giving it up essentially for her) that allowed someone else to tell XX about instead, and hence all those misunderstandings! 

JC also wasn't without his own insecurities, and that was most patently clear when he came back to look for her and saw her with WBS.  He just assumed they would get together and I shared XX's anger/frustration when she learned about that three years later.  When she asked him if he really thought she would've moved on that quickly, I cheered on the screen because I had the same question. Ha.  But in seriousness, I think that the 3 years apart helped JC realize that he didn't really care what might be going on with WBS -- he just wanted and needed XX back.  (He pretty much says so in that confession scene in episode 22.)

So yeah . . . that's what I think the 3 years of separation meant for them. 

If there's one thing I would've wanted to see more of in the drama, I wish their post-reunion confrontation scene could've been expanded upon.  When he told her that he lost his first patient on the day they broke up, and she told him that she'd been almost raped that day, it seemed like they were just trying to one-up each other as to who'd had the crappier day and thus it was really the other person who was more at fault for the break-up.  I mean, you could see they weren't unaffected by the revelations -- JC's eyebrows, in particular, really flicked up when he finally heard about what had happened to her when she went apartment hunting -- but at the same time, it was a conversation where they were both still feeling hurt and angry.  I'm still not sure they really listened to each other.  Under different circumstances, for example, I know XX would've been more sympathetic and compassionate at hearing that JC losing a patient, and I've no doubt she'd help him get through that loss.  But here, she just kind of bowled right over that point and went on with her side of the story.  And he pretty much did the same too.  I wish instead of them still being so angry with each other that it would've been more of a moment of, "Ah, so that's what happened back then.  I get it now."

*shrug*  Minor complaint.  I love the drama as it is.  I think maybe if it had been an episode or two longer, we could've gotten a scene like that.  But for the length that it was, it was pure perfection as is.  I really, really love the drama.

And I kind of like how it leaves so much open with its time skips, etc.  It lets me now spend all my time thinking about the drama and filling in those blanks myself.  :tongue: 

A clip meant for ChocoTV,  taiwan streaming app. Using BTS scenes.

Hu Yi Tian 胡一天 is his real name. Hu is surname, while Yi Tian means One Day. His fans called him Hu Lao Shi or Teacher Hu b'cos he suggested it once during interview/webchat.

His fans are called Ma Jiang or Mahjong....ya, it's the chinese tile game. B'cos his surname Hu means Win in Mahjong and to win for one whole day is a good thing.

Born on 23 Dec 1993, so reaching 24yo soon. From Hangzhou. Debut acting in 2016...mmm....he didn't start as early as some young actors (eg 19, 20yo). Read that he did modelling b4 this. He isn't from any acting-related school but studied tourism.

Weibo :
https://www.weibo.com/1993hyt

Shen Yue 沈月. Shen is surname. Yue means Moon. Not sure official or not, her fans are called Yue Bing or Mooncakes.

Born on 27 Feb 1997. 20yo. From Hunan. She studied media broadcasting and initially wanted to become editor in TV station. She likes photography (coincidentally her char also handled cameras in some scenes) and one day when a model MIA, she stood in and her photos when posted online caught attention of an agent and got her into acting career, debut in 2016.

Her weibo. She started filming for the new drama...so can see a few pics already :

https://www.weibo.com/u/5331040243

She wrote a long article in nov about her audition for this drama. At that time, she drank some red wine to boost her confidence but her face turned very red and she went in like that. Her agent said "wan le" (meaning sure fail).

Hu Yi Tian was already chosen and was present to do some dialogue with the candidates. Actually she was glad the wine helped, she finished it w/o any problem. Then some time later, she got the part. And later on, Hu Yi Tian told her he "helped" by giving some suggestion. Guess she left a good impression on him.

Chinese article :

https://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404171872223790850

Some makeup clip :

4 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

A clip meant for ChocoTV,  taiwan streaming app. Using BTS scenes.

Hu Yi Tian 胡一天 is his real name. Hu is surname, while Yi Tian means One Day. His fans called him Hu Lao Shi or Teacher Hu b'cos he suggested it once during interview/webchat.

His fans are called Ma Jiang or Mahjong....ya, it's the chinese tile game. B'cos his surname Hu means Win in Mahjong and to win for one whole day is a good thing.

Born on 23 Dec 1993, so reaching 24yo soon. From Hangzhou. Debut acting in 2016...mmm....he didn't start as early as some young actors (eg 19, 20yo). Read that he did modelling b4 this. He isn't from any acting-related school but studied tourism.

Weibo :
https://www.weibo.com/1993hyt

Thanks for the translation and video ^^ ^^ . 

Hu Yi tian surely has risen to stardom now  and his name is getting really big within a month's time. Pretty shocking .. 

Not sure why i feel in real life  interview.. and attending awards etc he looks  a bit tired  worn out and never laugh as much as when he did the shooting for the drama?   

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I disagree that they needed the break for JC to realize that he couldn't be without her -- I think he knew that beforehand.  After all, he was already thinking marriage and had refused the opportunity in Beijing initially.  But, having said that, I do think the 3 years apart helped them both to deal with their insecurities.

Honestly, pre-break, my sympathies lied more with him.  [Note, I use the word "more" -- I do have some sympathies for her, as I will continue to explain!]  I know it sucked for XX that every time she turned around, JC was either working or being called away to work.  Maybe it's because I have too many doctors in the family, but I know that's exactly what it's like, and if you're going to be with someone who's in that profession, it's an occupational hazard you have to learn to handle.  I do think she tried, so it's not that I don't want to give XX any credit, but clearly the comments and observations from friends and other people about JC never being around started to get to her.  She let those insecurities creep in -- and she did, in large part, because she had always operated under the assumption that she loved JC more and the only reason he was with her was because she'd kept after him until he had no choice.  We know that couldn't be farther from the truth, so it made it frustrating for us to watch, but for her. Yeah.  Insecurities.

I definitely felt bad for XX after her incident with the creepy real estate agent guy, and yeah, I could understand why she freaked and went looking for JC for comfort and reassurance.  Of course, we know that instead of meeting him, she met that nurse who inadvertently blabbed about JC's Beijing opportunity.  How I wish XX wouldn't have assumed and allowed him to explain when she confronted him about it, but I think it was just sort of "perfect storm" material at that point, so I don't really blame her in that moment.  She had her reasons for being angry, although he may not have fully understood it at the time.  He just thought she was being immature with a lack of understanding.

I think the break gave them time to grow up.  As someone already mentioned, they'd always been together up until that point.  I think the 3 years allowed them to develop independently.  Any time a couple is apart, it's always regretful, but I don't think it necessarily a bad thing here.  Mostly, it doesn't bother me too much because I feel like even though they weren't together, they were always together anyway.  It's clear that while JC was in Beijing, XX was never far from his mind.  And for XX, I find it telling that she could never be persuaded by WBS in those 3 years and in JC's absence.  Sure, he pursued her in high school too, but JC was always there to distract XX.  The fact that he still couldn't win her over even with JC gone says a lot.  Though she may have been angry at JC for leaving, deep down she never stopped loving him either.

Three years later, I think what JC learned was that he needed to be more vocal about how he felt about XX and what he wanted with respect to her.  As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, he already knew back then that he wanted to marry her.  But did he ever tell her?  No.  It's kind of like when they started dating -- he'd already known he wanted to date her, but he never told her until he proclaimed it.  It's also the same as with his Beijing opportunity -- he never told her about it because in his mind, it was unnecessary since he was declining the opportunity anyway.  But in failing to tell her about it (and explaining that he was giving it up essentially for her) that allowed someone else to tell XX about instead, and hence all those misunderstandings! 

JC also wasn't without his own insecurities, and that was most patently clear when he came back to look for her and saw her with WBS.  He just assumed they would get together and I shared XX's anger/frustration when she learned about that three years later.  When she asked him if he really thought she would've moved on that quickly, I cheered on the screen because I had the same question. Ha.  But in seriousness, I think that the 3 years apart helped JC realize that he didn't really care what might be going on with WBS -- he just wanted and needed XX back.  (He pretty much says so in that confession scene in episode 22.)

If there's one thing I would've wanted to see more of in the drama, I wish their post-reunion confrontation scene could've been expanded upon.  When he told her that he lost his first patient on the day they broke up, and she told him that she'd been almost raped that day, it seemed like they were just trying to one-up each other as to who'd had the crappier day and thus it was really the other person who was more at fault for the break-up.  I mean, you could see they weren't unaffected by the revelations -- JC's eyebrows, in particular, really flicked up when he finally heard about what had happened to her when she went apartment hunting -- but at the same time, it was a conversation where they were both still feeling hurt and angry.  I'm still not sure they really listened to each other.  Under different circumstances, for example, I know XX would've been more sympathetic and compassionate at hearing that JC losing a patient, and I've no doubt she'd help him get through that loss.  But here, she just kind of bowled right over that point and went on with her side of the story.  And he pretty much did the same too.  I wish instead of them still being so angry with each other that it would've been more of a moment of, "Ah, so that's what happened back then.  I get it now."

*shrug*  Minor complaint.  I love the drama as it is.  I think maybe if it had been an episode or two longer, we could've gotten a scene like that.  But for the length that it was, it was pure perfection as is.  I really, really love the drama.

And I kind of like how it leaves so much open with its time skips, etc.  It lets me now spend all my time thinking about the drama and filling in those blanks myself.  :tongue: 

Very  well said..i love ur post. U r really gifted in writing =) =) =) 

yeah i almost forgot about the part he prepared to marry her while doing internships..But never told her about his plans..lol.  i guess he feels someone else might snatch her thats why he rush to marry her after they graduate hehehe

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I agree. Your insights are very good. JC does learn that he needs to be more vocal with his plans and I do noticed when they were talking about the break up when he suddenly received an emergency call, he didn't just left. He told her its an emergency call and to wait there for him which tells her that he still wants to talk about it. His initiation to even talk about the break up says something too. Compared to when he dropped the keys off to her end of Ep 20, he wasn't that explicit in what he wanted to say. Towards him, she has always been submissive or obedient so whatever he tells her to do, she just does it. 

JC has always been a person with his own plans and does things at his own pace, whether its becoming a doctor and which university to attend or when to acknowledge that she's his girlfriend. He has never had a talk with her about it. Although he did a lot for her, such as not going to TsungHua University or Beijing, I feel it wasn't entirely for her but its because to him, any school is fine and any hospital is fine because he isn't the type to aim high. He was always a low profile person. He didn't want to go to TsungHua to major in math. He wanted to become a doctor and TsungHua isn't a school for that. When he was offered to go to Beijing for individual selection, he didn't want to go, but later he chose to go because he was angry at seeing how friendly Xiao Xi is towards WBS. For Beijing internship, it wasn't entirely because of her that he chose not to go. It was because he felt at the hospital he's at, he's learning a lot too. It wasn't until he lost his first patient that he felt he could do more and in a fit of anger with Xiao Xi that he chose to go. He does like Xiao Xi, but he's also a cold and detached person. He knows her well and took it for granted that she has always been there for him, even when they argue in the past, after some time, they're okay again, so he thinks this time will be the same until he saw Xiao Xi and WBS hugging when he came back. He stormed off instead of trying to talk to her. Well, even in high school, whenever he see WBS and Xiao Xi talking or being close, he would storm off too, but sometimes he would come in and interrupt either by pulling Xiao Xi away or telling Xiao Xi that homeroom teacher is looking for her.

During the confession in EP 22, he said all a sudden he didn't know what to do and that's when he felt insecure. I guess he doesn't even know why Xiao Xi even liked him and started thinking negative because everyone around him left, whether it was his father or mother, so he thinks Xiao Xi would leave too because he knows his quirks and started thinking maybe she realized he's not the person for her. It was because he said during the 3 years that he was in Beijing, it went by fast and that he felt he was suffocating or grasping for air that made me feel he realized how much he needed Xiao Xi by his side and that's when he's willing to change his bad quirks for her and wanted to find her regardless of who is by her side. He's a pretty slow person at determining his feelings and he has said that slowly, he noticed she's cute and started finding himself uncontrollably looking and noticing her. 

I feel Xiao Xi is such a sensible girl. She knows what's important from what's not and has never pressured or forced any of her friends or even Jiang Chen to do things she wanted them to do. Like when she wanted Jiang Chen to accompany her, she'll ask and when he says no, she doesn't insist. When she told her friends as an adult about the autograph session, and they all said they have plans that day, although she was sad, she didn't insist them to go. It was the same in Uni, when she wants Jiang Chen to accompany her or when she misses him, she didn't pressure him to talk to her or be with her when he told her he had to go to the hospital and such or that he was in surgery. In the novel, although the events weren't the same, it did mention that Xiao Xi wasn't able to hold it in anymore and burst out a temper which made sense. She was so sensible of others and disregarding her own needs and when she was bullied or almost raped, she cried a lot and wanted Jiang Chen's comfort only to find out from someone else that he is going to Beijing, she lost it and felt he didn't care for her feelings (which she mentioned that to him). Although she felt that way, when he got a call about a case, she didn't pressure him to continue on, but she said she'll go home instead. 

Who else is still wondering:

Did Xiao Xi ever learn about the mp3 player and the recording Jiang Chen taped for her when she was confined in the school infirmary, and if so, when did she learn about it???

Maybe Li Wei should've told her about that at Jing Jing and Lu Yang's wedding instead of the just the botched fireworks incident. 

:lol:

One egg for u, one egg for me...haha...and they drank the soup from same pot.

He said the soup/cooking taste good, gave him the same satisfaction as if his own son has gone into Beijing University....mmm...son? 

A clip dated 4 yrs ago when he was still a student. He was caught on camera at those outdoor match-making venue and interviewed by 2 hosts who noticed him for his height and looks. He said he was there to accompany a friend.

I think they pasted personal info on the wall behind.  

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av16745702/?from=search&seid=10336316305813955837#page=2

I'm supposed to be cleaning right now, but translating the epilogue of the book seemed like more fun.  :lol:  I thought I'd share my efforts here -- parts of it may not be perfect, but I feel pretty confident about the most important part (the convo between JC and XX).  Enjoy!  (And note: I've not read the rest of the novel.)

Epilogue

Jiang Chen’s father still does not like me, his mother likes me even less than his father, Li Wei is still living at his house preparing for her graduate school exams, Jiang Chen is worrying about his employment exam, and I have to go to work every day and work on my manga.  Sometimes life gets so busy you just want to jump around and curse, but at least I’m Mrs. Jiang now! 

……He actually said that if I didn’t write enough words, I couldn’t post this chapter, but posting this chapter as-is is exactly what I wanted to do!......

Chen Xiao Xi: Do you think our future child will be a boy or a girl.

Jiang Chen: That’s not up to me, from a medical perspective…

Chen Xiao Xi: Stop, if you keep yammering on about your medicine, I’ll birth you something that’s neither a boy nor a girl.

Jiang Chen: That child takes after its mother.

Chen Xiao Xi: ……

Chen Xiao Xi: What if I’m unable to conceive or sterile, what will we do?

Jiang Chen: From a medical standpoint, the likelihood of being able to treat it is pretty good.

Chen Xiao Xi: What if it can’t be treated?

Jiang Chen: Then it can’t be treated.

Chen Xiao Xi: Will you divorce me?

Jiang Chen: Idiot, why would I divorce you?

Chen Xiao Xi: Wu, wu, wu, you really love me, don’t you?

Jiang Chen: That’s not it; I hate little kids.

I love that he teases her to the end!  :D

I binge watched this drama in last 2 days and am waiting for the subs of last 3 episodes. This is such a great youth drama! I will probably gush about everything once I fully finish it and also after going through all the posts on here. Though I'm sad to hear that Shen yue is not getting the same attention as Hu yi tian for this drama. Because for me, Chen xioxi was charming and lovely because of Shen yue's lovable portrayal. She honestly made that role for me. It's sad that she doesn't receive the same appreciation from fans and something tells me this will carry over in her next drama, Meteor garden 2018 with its cast of 4 pretty boys. I seriously hope she is not ignored again like this. I'm excited to watch Meteor garden mostly because of her portrayal of Shen cai, I know she will rock it just as she rocked chen xioxi. 

35 minutes ago, tigro said:

I binge watched this drama in last 2 days and am waiting for the subs of last 3 episodes. This is such a great youth drama! I will probably gush about everything once I fully finish it and also after going through all the posts on here. Though I'm sad to hear that Shen yue is not getting the same attention as Hu yi tian for this drama. Because for me, Chen xioxi was charming and lovely because of Shen yue's lovable portrayal. She honestly made that role for me. It's sad that she doesn't receive the same appreciation from fans and something tells me this will carry over in her next drama, Meteor garden 2018 with its cast of 4 pretty boys. I seriously hope she is not ignored again like this. I'm excited to watch Meteor garden mostly because of her portrayal of Shen cai, I know she will rock it just as she rocked chen xioxi. 

Ep 21 was already subbed.  I was going to pick up ep 22 and 23 but it looks like the team is almost done. :)

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

I'm supposed to be cleaning right now, but translating the epilogue of the book seemed like more fun.  :lol:  I thought I'd share my efforts here -- parts of it may not be perfect, but I feel pretty confident about the most important part (the convo between JC and XX).  Enjoy!  (And note: I've not read the rest of the novel.)

Epilogue

Jiang Chen’s father still does not like me, his mother likes me even less than his father, Li Wei is still living at his house preparing for her graduate school exams, Jiang Chen is worrying about his employment exam, and I have to go to work every day and work on my manga.  Sometimes life gets so busy you just want to jump around and curse, but at least I’m Mrs. Jiang now! 

……He actually said that if I didn’t write enough words, I couldn’t post this chapter, but posting this chapter as-is is exactly what I wanted to do!......

Chen Xiao Xi: Do you think our future child will be a boy or a girl.

Jiang Chen: That’s not up to me, from a medical perspective…

Chen Xiao Xi: Stop, if you keep yammering on about your medicine, I’ll birth you something that’s neither a boy nor a girl.

Jiang Chen: That child takes after its mother.

Chen Xiao Xi: What if I’m unable to conceive or sterile, what will we do?

Jiang Chen: From a medical standpoint, the likelihood of being able to treat it is pretty good.

Chen Xiao Xi: What if it can’t be treated?

Jiang Chen: Then it can’t be treated.

Chen Xiao Xi: Will you divorce me?

Jiang Chen: Idiot, why would I divorce you?

Chen Xiao Xi: Wu, wu, wu, you really love me, don’t you?

Jiang Chen: That’s not it; I hate little kids.

I love that he teases her to the end!  :D

omg.... im so hopefully u can help us to translate the novel too, hehehe..... seems google translate is not helping me so much. the translation seems misplace and i can only understand after watching the drama and match the meaning between the scenes on the drama and novel.

But thank you so much for the epilogue translation..... you're da' best :D:heart:

Archived