[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

7 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Not sure if We have 1 more week to wait for fut or deleted scene. Or is it tonight (friday night). I read some said next thursday. Hehe %)

Yes, tomorrow, next week, I've heard both as well. But I just checked one of the subber's Twitter (Nuomi) and she wrote, "Surprise! Tencent video announces an epilogue for #ALoveSoBeautiful airing next Thur at 8pm - featuring cut scenes from the drama," so I'm going to go with that.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, mitheone said:

Hi everyone

I just finished ep 1-19 and I must say #noregret #sofarsoawesome!

Could any of you translate what JC said at the end of ep 23? The one after "to be continued".  I'm dying to know his POV regarding XX. Please please please... I beg you... C drama tends to take quite a while to get subbed and at this rate I don't think my heart can take it anymore :bawling:

I'll just summarize it for you. 

He started off saying. "sigh, today, Xiao Xi got in trouble again" and how he thinks their story started off from when she told him in HS 1st year that she liked him. They had the convo how she luckily got placed in the same high school as him and he commented back that she tested worst. She didn't take offensive and said yeah, worst by 5 points. He said, I don't think she knows what I'm talking about. Then, he proceed to saying how her legs are short but when chasing after him, she runs so fast. He said, he wanted her to run faster or see if she can catch up. To his surprise, she persisted and really did caught up. Then, he found out that she's a trouble maker. To save her, he got in trouble writing in detention. At that time, he just write whatever, but she said he writes very well. When he heard that she's transfering school, he couldn't sleep the whole night. He found ways to not make her transfer. Slowly, he notices she's pretty cute. When he's with her, he finds himself suddenly smiling out of no where. There are times he couldn't help but care for her and times when he teases her. Everytime when he told her she did something, she doesn't want him to get mad. Regarding the class monitor situation, he purposely voted for someone else because she was running around with other people and he got mad looking at them (he's basically saying he saw her and WBS having fun and got jealous). At that time, he didn't know that he already liked her. At that time, she cried so much. He thought from now on, he wouldn't make her cry that much anymore, but he didn't seem to do it. When she initiated to break up, he thought she was just having a temper and after a few days she'll be fine, but when he came back, he said he thought it too simply (when he saw her and WBS hugging). 

The phone call, she said "why did you call me for"? he responded, wrong call and threw the phone in the water. 

After he threw the phone in the water, he said the 3 years that he was at the Peking Union College hospital, it went by really fast. However, he felt really uncomfortable, like he couldn't breathe or was gasping for air. He said he has to start finding her again, no matter who is by her side. He said he knows he is really selfish, but she's very good. She managed his coldness, basically saying she dealt with his bad side. Then he started saying something about in this world, its either a game of fate (something like that. I'm not sure how to translate that) or its a kind of sickness. He said, for him, he is lucky to recover this sickness and thank Xiao Xi for coming back and for them to go back together.  

It's a rough summary translation. @themarchioness is probably better at the translation than me. 

1 hour ago, valerie86 said:

can anyone help with this sentence

要么是遊戲里為我量身定做的角色設定 要么就是神經病 而我 真的很幸運 重新擁有了這個神經病

I believed its saying, either its a game of fate or a kind of sickness. I am lucky to recover this sickness. Something like that. @themarchioness Opinions? 

6 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I believed its saying, either its a game of fate or a kind of sickness. I am lucky to recover this sickness. Something like that. @themarchioness Opinions? 

Many many thanks for the translations for JC narration.  U r superb  ♡♡♡

Btw JC also give up his car in the novel. So in novel he never drive again? 

Cause i notice in drama he walks  to Xiao xi house etc..after he sold his car.

And also. I actually like JC sometimes admit himself is a sen jin ping (mental illness) lol.  Haha remember he counting wires? 

9 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Many many thanks for the translations for JC narration.  U r superb  ♡♡♡

Btw JC also give up his car in the novel. So in novel he never drive again? 

Cause i notice in drama he walks  to Xiao xi house etc..after he sold his car.

And also. I actually like JC sometimes admit himself is a sen jin ping (mental illness) lol.  Haha remember he counting wires? 

Yeah. in the drama, he sold his car, to help xiao xi be able to publish her manga to the publisher. I think they were asking for 40,000? I find it weird though. I mean Jiang Chen is a doctor. He should have more than 40k, so why does he need to sell his car? 

They used the same car as in the novel, an audi. lol. 

haha ... counting wires? is it that time when he was downstairs with the screw driver while waiting for XX to get home and he was sweating in the heat? 

10 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

Yeah. in the drama, he sold his car, to help xiao xi be able to publish her manga to the publisher. I think they were asking for 40,000? I find it weird though. I mean Jiang Chen is a doctor. He should have more than 40k, so why does he need to sell his car? 

haha ... counting wires? is it that time when he was downstairs with the screw driver while waiting for XX to get home and he was sweating in the heat? 

The people said 40wan if im not mistaken ^^. So maybe it is 400,000?  His car is audi too. Such a nice carr.. one day i wish i could drive one haha..

Ya. Counting wire in the drama is when he is waiting for xx to come home from buying things with Wbs.

In the novel he is also counting wires but i cannot remember when exactly.  Hehe

Ahhhh i am sooo in love with HYT. i m sure millions of girls also do 

57 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

The people said 40wan if im not mistaken ^^. So maybe it is 400,000?  His car is audi too. Such a nice carr.. one day i wish i could drive one haha..

Ya. Counting wire in the drama is when he is waiting for xx to come home from buying things with Wbs.

In the novel he is also counting wires but i cannot remember when exactly.  Hehe

Ahhhh i am sooo in love with HYT. i m sure millions of girls also do 

I just re-listen to it. It's 400,000. Yeah, it makes more sense if it's 400,000. 

I keep rewatching the last 3 episodes. It's very sweet, especially the scene when JC came back to his office and saw XX sleeping in his room, he couldn't help but smiled and was super happy. I thought it was fast how XX said to give her some time to think over to suddenly coming back. My guess is that it was too much for her the same day. First listening to JC heartfelt words and then having him asking her to forgive him. 

I find it super funny when she said that "she's so tired from last night" and both got awkward. LOL. It implies they had their first night. 

I don't know if I can withdraw from this drama. Its so cute and sweet to be with your first love to making mistakes and having them forgive you to start over and also having great and long term friends whose always by your side. These things don't happen to exist anymore, if so very rarely because people change over time. =/ 

Thank you so much  @RealityDream for your summary.  Now  my heart is more at peace though I can say that I'm feeling the withdrawal symptoms already. I haven't felt this way for youth drama for like ages! Suddenly I feel as if I'm in college again lol.

Going to watch ep 20 subbed now.  Thanks again dear.  You've just made my day :)

59 minutes ago, mitheone said:

Thank you so much  @RealityDream for your summary.  Now  my heart is more at peace though I can say that I'm feeling the withdrawal symptoms already. I haven't felt this way for youth drama for like ages! Suddenly I feel as if I'm in college again lol.

Going to watch ep 20 subbed now.  Thanks again dear.  You've just made my day :)

You're welcome and I'm glad it made your day. :) 

Sorry, my translation isn't that good. Some words and phrases are hard to translate. I can only summarize and translate as much as I can. Lmk if you need a translation of something else. I'll do my best. 

I'm also having withdrawals that I started watching their cuteness from high school again. It felt to me that when Xiao Xi is with WBS in the adult time, she wasn't really being herself. I get a feeling that she talks to him like a good friend but like trying to be strong, whereas, when she's with JC, she can be her real self - one who messes up, gets in trouble, acting immature, cute, adorable, and etc. 

I also like how JC said without XX by his side, he feels like he couldn't breathe which shows how much he needed her. 

Did someone page me?  :lol:  I'm sorry, @mitheone, when I saw your request it was this morning just as I headed out the door to work.  I saw the summary by @RealityDream and thought I'd try my hand at translating the scenes as they unfolded.  I'm sorry @valerie86, I also couldn't quite figure out that one line you highlighted either -- guess we'll have to wait to see what the subbers come up with!  But here's my stab at JC's POV epilogue....

It starts off in the present day, with XX letting out a yelp as something crashes, and JC sighs:

Xiao Xi burned something in the kitchen again.  Sometimes I really wonder whether in my past life I created some sort of demon, and whether our ill-fated relationship had its beginning from that moment. 

[Flashback to scene where she confesses while they’re sweeping the school grounds and he puts her down]

She never understands what I’m saying.

I also could never understand how with her legs that were so short, how could she run so quickly whenever she was chasing after me? 

[More flashbacks of when she chased after him]

So I always tried walking a little bit faster to see if she could catch up.  I never thought that she really would be able to catch up.  [To clarify, because that can be read in multiple different ways; what he’s expressing here is his surprise that she really was able to catch up to him.]

Afterwards, I found myself involuntarily waiting for her, observing her [as in an, “I can’t help myself,” sort of way]

[More flashbacks]

Then I discovered, Chen Xiao Xi, she was the troublesome type.  She was always getting into trouble.  I always had to clean up after her [as in, deal with the problems she created].

[More flashbacks to all the times he helped her out in a jam.]

In order to help her, I wrote my very first statement of self-criticism.  But I learned that when it came to writing self-criticisms, she actually was better than me in that area. 

[Flashback to when she lost her half of the class fees.]

In order to help her find the class fees, I helped the teacher copy a report.  I copied it while in class, I copied it after class; that day, I had no idea what we talked about in class. 

[Flashback to when he found the money and brought it back to the classroom.]

But this person, sometimes she really doesn’t know how to sympathize. 

[Flashback to WBS moments.]

[Flashback to when his little brother said he thought XX was cute and wanted to make her his girlfriend.]

You wish!

[Flashback to when XX lied about where she was when she was moving out of her apartment, and then the whole school drama fiasco experience.] 

I started to get jealous. 

[Flashback to when he learned about her transferring schools.]

Later, I learned that she was going to transfer schools.  I couldn’t sleep that whole night because all of the sudden I was afraid she really would leave.  So, in the end, I decided to forgive her and find a way for her to not have to go to another school. 

[Flashback to when he told the others about her transferring.]

Slowly, I started to notice that she’s actually pretty cute.  Whenever I thought of her, I couldn’t help myself from smiling.

[Flashbacks to all the times he smiled because of her.]

Sometimes I couldn’t help but want to take care of her.  [Flashbacks to when he went to her after leaving the classroom and his mother on college selection day]

Sometimes I couldn’t help but want to tease her.  [Flashback to the bookcase scene]

But whenever I wanted to do something for her, she always did something to make me angry. 

[Flashback to when she confronts him and asks why she can’t be class president, and he tells her she was never suited for that role.]

When we were voting for class president, I purposely voted for someone else.  Who told her to run around the grass with another person?  Just watching them annoyed me.  [Flashback to her playing around with WBS]

At that time, I hadn’t yet realized that I already liked her. 

[Flashback to that time they fought.]

That day, she really cried a lot.  I suddenly had the thought that from then on, I’d better not let her cry so much again.  But… it seems like I wasn’t able to succeed in that.

It seemed like we often weren’t on the same plain.  [Flashback to when they disagreed about her summer job, and then flashback to when she initiated the breakup.]

Back then, I thought she was just having a temper tantrum and that once she got over her anger, everything would be fine.  [Flashback to XX hugging WBS.]  Later, I realized I’d thought about it in too simplistic of terms. 

[Flashback to when he called her and then threw his phone into the water.]

In the three years I was at Peking Union Medical College, it seemed like it went by in a flash.  But, only I knew that every day, I felt as if I were wearing a woolly pullover inside out.  I felt very uncomfortable as if I was gasping for breath.  So I have to start over by finding her again.  No matter who's by her side. 

[Flashback to all the times he poked at her after they first saw each other again after having been apart for 3 years.]

I know I’m being selfish.  But a person like her, she’s so good she can manage not only that cold and detached side of me, but also my eccentricities and the part of me that has a hard time getting along with others.  She can even take delight in this kind of existence where either fate has defined a role for me to play or it’s mental illness.  [I couldn’t figure that translation out any better either—sorry!  That was the best I could come up with and I know it’s still not right either.]

As for me, I’m really lucky to have this mental illness again.  [He’s referring to his “mental illness” of being in love with XX – think “being crazy in love” sort of meaning.]

Xiao Xi, I’m so thankful you returned to me.  That we could go back.

28 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Did someone page me?  :lol:  I'm sorry, @mitheone, when I saw your request it was this morning just as I headed out the door to work.  I saw the summary by @RealityDream and thought I'd try my hand at translating the scenes as they unfolded.  I'm sorry @valerie86, I also couldn't quite figure out that one line you highlighted either -- guess we'll have to wait to see what the subbers come up with!  But here's my stab at JC's POV epilogue....

It starts off in the present day, with XX letting out a yelp as something crashes, and JC sighs:

Xiao Xi burned something in the kitchen again.  Sometimes I really wonder whether in my past life I created some sort of demon, and whether our ill-fated relationship had its beginning from that moment. 

[Flashback to scene where she confesses while they’re sweeping the school grounds and he puts her down]

I also could never understand how with her legs that were so short, how could she run so quickly whenever she was chasing after me? 

So I always tried walking a little bit faster to see if she could catch up.  I never thought that she really would be able to catch up.  [To clarify, because that can be read in multiple different ways; what he’s expressing here is his surprise that she really was able to catch up to him.]

Afterwards, I found myself involuntarily waiting for her, observing her [as in an, “I can’t help myself,” sort of way]

[More flashbacks]

Then I discovered, Chen Xiao Xi, she was the troublesome type.  She was always getting into trouble.  I always had to clean up after her [as in, deal with the problems she created].

In order to help her, I wrote my very first statement of self-criticism.  But I learned that when it came to writing self-criticisms, she actually was better than me in that area. 

In order to help her find the class fees, I helped the teacher copy a report.  I copied it while in class, I copied it after class; that day, I had no idea what we talked about in class. 

[Flashback to when his little brother said he thought XX was cute and wanted to make her his girlfriend.]

You wish!

[Flashback to when XX lied about where she was when she was moving out of her apartment, and then the whole school drama fiasco experience.] 

Later, I learned that she was going to transfer schools.  I couldn’t sleep that whole night because all of the sudden I was afraid she really would leave.  So, in the end, I decided to forgive her and find a way for her to not have to go to another school. 

Slowly, I started to notice that she’s actually pretty cute.  Whenever I thought of her, I couldn’t help myself from smiling.

Sometimes I couldn’t help but want to take care of her.  [Flashbacks to when he went to her after leaving the classroom and his mother on college selection day]

Sometimes I couldn’t help but want to tease her.  [Flashback to the bookcase scene]

But whenever I wanted to do something for her, she always did something to make me angry. 

[Flashback to when she confronts him and asks why she can’t be class president, and he tells her she was never suited for that role.]

When we were voting for class president, I purposely voted for someone else.  Who told her to run around the grass with another person?  Just watching them annoyed me.  [Flashback to her playing around with WBS]

That day, she really cried a lot.  I suddenly had the thought that from then on, I’d better not let her cry so much again.  But… it seems like I wasn’t able to succeed in that.

It seemed like we often weren’t on the same plain.  [Flashback to when they disagreed about her summer job, and then flashback to when she initiated the breakup.]

Back then, I thought she was just having a temper tantrum and that once she got over her anger, everything would be fine.  [Flashback to XX hugging WBS.]  Later, I realized I’d thought about it in too simplistic of terms. 

In the three years I was at Peking Union Medical College, it seemed like it went by in a flash.  But, only I knew that every day, I felt as if I were wearing a woolly pullover inside out.  I felt very uncomfortable as if I was gasping for breath.  So I have to start over by finding her again.  No matter who's by her side. 

[Flashback to all the times he poked at her after they first saw each other again after having been apart for 3 years.]

I know I’m being selfish.  But a person like her, she’s so good she can manage not only that cold and detached side of me, but also my eccentricities and the part of me that has a hard time getting along with others.  She can even take delight in this kind of existence where either fate has defined a role for me to play or it’s mental illness.  [I couldn’t figure that translation out any better either—sorry!  That was the best I could come up with and I know it’s still not right either.]

As for me, I’m really lucky to have this mental illness again.  [He’s referring to his “mental illness” of being in love with XX – think “being crazy in love” sort of meaning.]

OMG thank you for the translation......

3 hours ago, RealityDream said:

Actually, I don't think doctors in China earn as much compared to Western counterparts -- remember, even JC's own mother wasn't happy about him going into medicine. 

See, e.g.: https://today.mims.com/poor-salaries-and-overwork-led-to-shortage-of-doctors-in-china

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

[More flashbacks]

You wish!

Yes! We paged you. hehe. 

Your translation is way better than mine. Thank you thank you :)

@themarchioness I would like to extend my gratitude to you too for the summary.  Gosh... JC is too awesome in ALSB.. Words cant even describe how sweet his relationship and XX is.  I've been telling most of my friends to check this series.  It's been ages since I was so into a drama that I forgot a day nearly passed :tongue:  My eyes are starting to hurt from watching the series non-stop.  Such is life with ALSB

Btw, I couldn't help that you @themarchioness and @RealityDream mentioned the scene where JC threw his phone into the water after he called XX.  Which episode was that?  I don't want to miss it.  I did skip a few scenes when I was watching the raw episodes cos I was so anxious to see the ending.  My heart breaks for WBS... :cold_sweat:

Again, many thanks to @themarchioness and @RealityDream for your translations :blush:

I know subbed episodes are right around the corner, but I love this confession scene from Ep 22 so much, I couldn't resist translating it.  This is after XX rejects WBS's proposal.  WBS calls LY out for company as he resorts to getting drunk, and then LY calls JC over to join them.

[WBS hands him bottle]

JC: I have a surgery scheduled for tomorrow.

WBS: You’re so cool-headed.

JC: You’re drunk.

WBS: Jiang Chen, give me back Chen Xiao Xi. 

[Personal Note: I might have been screaming at the screen at this point, “‘Give back?’  You never had her!”  :lol:]

JC: She’s always been mine.

WBS: [Yells] I heard in order to help Chen Xiao Xi put out a manga, you sold your car.  How much was it?  I’ll give it. 

JC: This is our business.  It’s not for you to care about.

WBS: How can I not care?  These three years, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was smiling, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was crying, where were you?  When Chen Xiao Xi was sick, where were you?  You frankly don’t like her as much as I do! 

Jiang Chen, can you give Xiao Xi to me? 

JC: Everyone thinks Chen Xiao Xi likes me more.

WBS: Isn’t that the case?

JC: I’m not like the rest of you.  Ever since I was little, I’ve always thought I would be okay by myself.  When I was really little, my dad died.  My mom decided to go elsewhere to work and took my younger brother, but she didn’t take me.  So I didn’t care.  Because no matter who it was, they’d end up leaving. 

But Chen Xiao Xi was different.  She was always there.  After a while, I discovered that when I was going to school, I couldn’t help myself from looking back to see if she was secretly following me.   At home, I couldn’t help myself from pulling back the drapes to see what she was up to.  When I was working on an exam question, I’d sometimes think this question’s really hard.  Would it make her cry? 

WBS: So what?  Didn’t you still leave her?

JC: When I left, I thought for sure she’d come to find me.  Because that’s what she’d always been like.  But she didn’t.  All of the sudden, I didn’t know what to do.  Actually, I later came to look for her.  But I discovered you were by her side.  I wondered if she’d finally discovered that I wasn’t actually as good as she thought I was.  That I wasn’t the person best suited for her. 

So I all I could do was comfort myself.  A person as stupid as her, as noisy as her, and who eats as much as her, without her, my life would only be better.  But I discovered; I couldn’t fool myself.  I wanted to hear her talk.  I wanted to eat with her.  I thought . . . I thought I couldn’t be without her. 

Actually, whatever it is she doesn’t like about me, I’m willing to change.  But I don’t know what it is that she used to like so much about me.

WBS: [picks up phone]  Chen Xiao Xi, did you hear that?  [hangs up phone]  After all these years, this is the first time I’ve heard you say so much.  It’s enough.

14 minutes ago, mitheone said:

Btw, I couldn't help that you @themarchioness and @RealityDream mentioned the scene where JC threw his phone into the water after he called XX.  Which episode was that?  I don't want to miss it.  I did skip a few scenes when I was watching the raw episodes cos I was so anxious to see the ending.  My heart breaks for WBS... :cold_sweat:

Don't worry; you didn't miss anything!  They only show that scene in the flashback.  In the drama, it pretty much skips the 3 years in between.

@themarchioness thank you thank you thank u =)  u are really good at translating. N u  translated  both of the best  moments in the drama  woweee. Thanks

It is pretty funny that JC refer to himself  or acknowledged that he is having mental illness .. Cause he sometimes tease XX of being one. Lol  .  He is just so awesome.. man !  I am so infatuated with Jc.. definitely my top 1  male character in drama ever. 

2 hours ago, RealityDream said:

I just re-listen to it. It's 400,000. Yeah, it makes more sense if it's 400,000. 

I keep rewatching the last 3 episodes. It's very sweet, especially the scene when JC came back to his office and saw XX sleeping in his room, he couldn't help but smiled and was super happy. I thought it was fast how XX said to give her some time to think over to suddenly coming back. My guess is that it was too much for her the same day. First listening to JC heartfelt words and then having him asking her to forgive him. 

I find it super funny when she said that "she's so tired from last night" and both got awkward. LOL. It implies they had their first night. 

I don't know if I can withdraw from this drama. Its so cute and sweet to be with your first love to making mistakes and having them forgive you to start over and also having great and long term friends whose always by your side. These things don't happen to exist anymore, if so very rarely because people change over time. =/ 

I miss this drama immensely. But we can always rewatch all 23 episodes  . They are all really awesome. 

Thanksss for ur great job at translations  %♡

Haha yeah. So funnyyy..

the word "you made me tired last night" and they both tease each other having blushed face.  Yeah they slept together last night lol. In the drama this is their first time . But actually when JC propose in the novel (they did it a few times already). The nurse made a bet /game. with doctor su ~ Telling Xx se is Pregnant and she was so shocked and upset she  said " where is JC i reeally need yo have a goodconversation with him".

Archived