[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

11 hours ago, nausicaay said:

I don’t really get the political side of the story. Can someone explain a little. Who is this Mr Chai that is GJ adoptive father? Why does it feels like the the king hates LCY? Isn’t he his real son? 

Are LCY trying to overthrow his father? And if so why? He’s after all the only Prince left in the capital isn’t he? And the only smart on. 

As I understand it, Mr. Chai was a loyal subordinate to General Gu who was Gu Jian's father.

Gu family was set up for downfall by the Gao family (empress, her uncle) and the Zhao family was involved as well (Sese's family).

Li Chengyin's mother was from Gu family and was killed by the empress.

That is why Chengyin needed to gain the crown princes position to have the power to avenge his mother & her family's death, because Gao & Zhao family are powerful themselves and as a mere prince he wouldn't have been able to bring them down, thus his bloody path to become the CP.

I don't think the emperor hates LCY. He's real clever and knows LCY is faking being an uninterested/kinda stupid CP. Emperor is well aware of mostly everything so he's just cautious with LCY to see what LCY's endgame is.

LCY is not trying to overthrow his father, like I said - he wants to kill the Gao & Zhao family.

He is indeed the only prince left in the capital because the other two left as to not get killed. And yup, definitely the only smart one among the remaining princes XD

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

@pad-hari I think it's like @furu.vu217 said - they probably changed the plot a little in the drama and I think we'll have both attempts at suicide as two separate scenes/incidents.

By the clothing it looks like Xi clothing  her father wore so the person who took Xiaofeng away is probably either her father or brother.

I know which thread you're talking about and I really can not understand how they could think the acting is not good when in fact it's excellent! Maybe they've got the flu or smt :P

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Hahaaa, spoiler for the boat scene tonight. Romantic but end up like this :D

Reveal hidden contents

006XoSMzgy1g0yyxyajqvg30g10bnhdt.gif006XoSMzgy1g0yyxzbcepg30g10bnu0x.gif

Those two always end up hilarious :joy:

I bet BTS is funny as well, would be worth seeing

• LOL 3

Thanks for the drama spoiler @furu.vu217 and @pad-hari. The bts pic which our OTP covering their lower faces with blanket is so cute awww. PXR and CXX look so cute & comfortable together in bts & video interview although she's 6 years older than him. Hope they will maintain a good friendship outside the drama & have a drama collaboration again with a good script after this.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Aww so angry although I know there will be this scene like in the novel

"李承鄞打小枫" (LCY slapped XF) is trending on weibo.

I'm kind of sad when I saw the first gif but then I'm cheering when she slap him back in the second gif LOL 

Did she also slap him back in the novel?:huh: what I remember in the novel is he did it coz of Sese right? Though actually it's only one of his acts.

But I wonder if it the same reason in the drama. Whatever it is, I'm happy that she retaliate back & not just accept it haha. You go girl! I feel like XF in drama is more gutsy than XF in the novelB)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Andzek said:

I'm kind of sad when I saw the first gif but then I'm cheering when she slap him back in the second gif LOL 

Did she also slap him back in the novel?:huh: what I remember in the novel is he did it coz of Sese right? Though actually it's only one of his acts.

But I wonder if it the same reason in the drama. Whatever it is, I'm happy that she retaliate back & not just accept it haha. You go girl! I feel like XF in drama is more gutsy than XF in the novelB)

Spoiler

In the novel she also slap him back.

He slapped her because Xu Niang miscarriage. The queen plotted to blame Se Se. LCY slapped XF because he thought  she done this but wanted to blame Se Se. I knew it was his acting but I was still very annoyed by this scene.
In the novel, Se Se is also slapped by LCY. If the slapped XF scene is still, so I want to have Se Se slapped on the drama too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Tonites  episodes are all up on the net.:love:

Yes, yes! And I just love how when the pregnant maid arrives LCY just looks at Xiaofeng to see how she takes it.

And Sese feeling all devastated mwahahahahah love it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This kiss scene will be in ep 37-40. 

Spoiler

So sweet but I hope to have the scene that LCY apologize to XF for the slap (this is only my hope, not in novel), otherwise I will be very angry. My XF can't be treated like that. At least I want the XF to know that it's not really LCY's intention to slap her. Sadly, by the end, XF still didn't know LCY's true love was for her.

a265a789ly1g0z45xqau0g20eu08cb29.gifa265a789ly1g0z46178j5g20eu08c1d3.gifa265a789ly1g0z461pow5g20eu08c1kx.gifa265a789ly1g0z4625harg20eu08c7wh.gifa265a789ly1g0z462r2afg20eu08c7wh.gifa265a789ly1g0z45wyzpvg20eu08ctvs.gifa265a789ly1g0z46393o4g20eu08c4qp.gifa265a789ly1g0z463phtgg20eu08cb29.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

16 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

Yes, yes! And I just love how when the pregnant maid arrives LCY just looks at Xiaofeng to see how she takes it.

And Sese feeling all devastated mwahahahahah love it!

Sese was devasted coz I think she was deposed to more lowly rank than that preggo maid.  The queen is so evil.  But did not punish XF at all.  From the start she has been targeting sese to somehow oust her as she is well educated and smart.  Anyhow our hero is also just using her.  I feel sad for her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@furu.vu217 thank you for explanation. About Sese get slapped, I don't know whether he will did it to her too in the drama. But I remember there a drama's scene in the mv that show LCY kind of caressing XF wedding attire on a chair(?). He face looks sad there. Maybe in that scene he feels regret after slapped her coz his robe there is similar with the one he wears while slapping XF.

The scene is at 4:08 in the video.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Andzek said:

@furu.vu217 thank you for explanation. About Sese get slapped, I don't know whether he will did it to her too in the drama. But I remember there a drama's scene in the mv that show LCY kind of caressing XF wedding attire on a chair(?). He face looks sad there. Maybe in that scene he feels regret after slapped her coz his robe there is similar with the one he wears while slapping XF.

The scene is at 4:08 in the video.

Oh right, thank you for pointing that out to help me. 

But i still want he must be say sorry to her, awwwwww Not just self-criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1