[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

23 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

Yes she won't be able to get over the guilt. I think she may be able to forgive but she won't be able to forget. And if anything....she probably will have a harder time to forgive herself since she was the one who brought destruction to her clan...she brought the fox into the village, which is symbolic to LCY. Sigh this tragedy...it's messed up but also is beautiful in a way due to the realism of life.

On the other hand, the monk did say they have 3 lives together!!! Let's hope that they'll be happier in their 3rd life and will be able to love each other without having to carry a bagage full of revenge, hate, and greed. 

Yeap, which is why I find this story really good, because it's a realistic battle of ambition vs. love for LCY and Love vs. Loyalty for XF. 

If they do show an alternate ending, I hope it'll be a good one with good explanation! Otherwise, it will kill the momentum built so far 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bon-bon007 said:

Since I haven't read the novel, please enlighten me... so XF died with the sword of Adu and not from fall? LCY memories came back after the second fall or when XF cut her throat with Adu's sword?

Spoiler

In the novel:

LCY's memory was triggered only when XF said "Goodbye Gu Xiao Wu" during the first fall. He wanted to jump down too but was pulled back by General Pei. 

Ah Du shielded XF as a "human mattress(?) " during the fall. So, Ah Du died protecting XF from the fall. XF then killed herself with AhDu's sword... 

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Kiss cut spoiler but why this kiss is not focus :tears:  Hope the full version will be better :rolleyes:

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HkH57l8Tf?fid=1034:4349321601338508

Reveal hidden contents

At first still fine

005xawugly1g10z2g65rdg30qo0ey4qt.gif

005xawugly1g10z2pbaxwg30qo0eynpp.gif

But after kiss, his ears are so red lol

005xawugly1g10z2bw9uvg30qo0ey1l2.gif

From the end of spoiler, does he regained (a bit of) his memory? (remembering some bit of him and xiao feng) :open_mouth:

• Like 1

@furu.vu217  I think his ear is red coz the actor himself, Chen Xing Xue is shy while shooting this scene haha:lol:

Imagine if you have to kiss your senior who is 6 years older than you:P

That reaction is something beyond your ability to control. Even a veteran actor can feels shy not to mention a newbie actor like him.

But, I'm really glad that even she's 6 years older than him, their chemistry together turn out great so we can enjoy this drama together here.:wub:

005xawugly1g10z2bw9uvg30qo0ey1l2.gif

Btw, CXX has beautiful fingers. I can't stop staring at them:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Revealing a little about the end

Hide contents

006BQwElly1g11jincm9sj30g40943zl.jpg006BQwElly1g11jin5y8cj30g40920tw.jpg53761182_245921176363404_17020787203128653557097_245921169696738_364731939350065

For a newbie actor, he's doing an awesome job so far!! I read somewhere that he was the first choice for this role with the scriptwriters. Anyway, I wonder if he jumps into the water to lose his memories of everything and then dies? That's such a sad ending too, to see him live this long without her. Ugh, I really wish they have a season 2 planned with a new refreshing storyline for them. This drama can extend to a season 2 with its ending. I'm so addicted to this drama even though it's a sad love story. It's such a captivating story!!! Plus the leads are so handsome and beautiful! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

This FMV is so cute :wub: I also like PXR's acting. She acted cute but didn't cringe. XF has a lovely running style lol.

Yeah, she's so cute!! Her cute acting is not annoying at all, some actresses I find can be annoying with their cute acting but PXR is not. Plus she's so innocent looking with her big eyes. I want her to collaborate with the main actor again.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

What I find most regretful is that XF until death still does not know the purpose of LCY's actions is to protect her, still not knowing LCY's true love is for her, haizzzz

13 hours ago, ayang23 said:

This is too sad! I wonder if they will somewhat modify that for the drama and fan's sake! My wishful thinking hopes for XF to find out the truth about LCY's poor actions towards her and his hidden love for her later on. If I recall correctly from one of the ost mv towards the end, she says she has forgiven LCY and herself....lets hope that a part of the reason why she's willing to forgive him is bc she discovered/realized that LCY has actually loved her all along.

XF did find out the truth after LCY killed GJ and destroyed the Zhao family. LCY told her himself. But it had the opposite affect on XF....she became more scared of him and more desperate to escape from him. LCY told her he never loved Sese and he also told her he loved her. XF was shocked and told him she would never be able to trust him again after knowing everything. How can she know his love for her is real. People get attached even to a dog or a cat they have raised for a few months....but he used a woman who lived with him and loved him for 3 years and killed her without a second thought. She then asks him...if you can gain more power by killing me, will you kill me too? LCY says No he wouldn't. XF replies.....Yes, you will.

Just imagine what XF must have gone through after remembering how LCY used her to destroy her family.Then hearing he used another woman he claimed to love similarly and destroyed her family too. No wonder XF became scared of him and his love after this...and wanted to go as far away from him as possible.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, dito said:

XF did find out the truth after LCY killed GJ and destroyed the Zhao family. LCY told her himself. But it had the opposite affect on XF....she became more scared of him and more desperate to escape from him. LCY told her he never loved Sese and he also told her he loved her. XF was shocked and told him she would never be able to trust him again after knowing everything. How can she know his love for her is real. People get attached even to a dog or a cat they have raised for a few months....but he used a woman who lived with him and loved him for 3 years and killed her without a second thought. She then asks him...if you can gain more power by killing me, will you kill me too? LCY says No he wouldn't. XF replies.....Yes, you will.

Just imagine what XF must have gone through after remembering how LCY used her to destroy her family.Then hearing he used another woman he claimed to love similarly and destroyed her family too. No wonder XF became scared of him and his love after this...and wanted to go as far away from him as possible.

I too would run away as far as possible too!!! Did he killed Sese too? Omg---that's too much. I don't like her but she did love him and he used her too. Maybe he does deserve to be alone in the end to reflect on all his wrongdoings. I just didn't like that she had to kill her self to punish him. She could have gone on life without him 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, piluche said:

I too would run away as far as possible too!!! Did he killed Sese too? Omg---that's too much. I don't like her but she did love him and he used her too. Maybe he does deserve to be alone in the end to reflect on all his wrongdoings. I just didn't like that she had to kill her self to punish him. She could have gone on life without him 

I think he had her implicated with her family's crimes and the whole Zhao clan was purged. After learning about LCY's entire scheme to bring down Zhao's, XF felt pity for Sese. She never liked her but she felt sorry for the woman who only wanted to be together with the person she loved.   

I think she tried her hardest to escape and go into hiding with AD. But LCY was crazy obsessed with her and would never let her go easily. He believed she will forget GXW and all the bad things he did and come to love him with time. Her suicide was a choice she made when she saw no other way out. With AD gone, her will to live died too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, dito said:

This is just too sad. LCY's actions are unredeemable. Probably he was remorseful in some ways but the fact that he destroyed many people just for his own interests. And his ambition over his love for XF... What a pity for these couple. But at the end of every episode, I'm still rooting for them to have a happy ending to heal my broken heart at least...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Bon-bon007 said:

This is just too sad. LCY's actions are unredeemable. Probably he was remorseful in some ways but the fact that he destroyed many people just for his own interests. And his ambition over his love for XF... What a pity for these couple. But at the end of every episode, I'm still rooting for them to have a happy ending to heal my broken heart at least...

I know right??? I am rooting for them to last too because his story is just as sad...having to revenge for his family members by sacrificing and using those around him to finish his goal. But then I think about all his actions so far and I'm like, dang he's one messed up guy so he deserves to be alone in the end. Ugh, why did they cast a handsome guy for the role? Makes it hard to hate him :sweat_smile:

• LOL 7

16 hours ago, nuttyz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the novel:

LCY's memory was triggered only when XF said "Goodbye Gu Xiao Wu" during the first fall. He wanted to jump down too but was pulled back by General Pei. 

Ah Du shielded XF as a "human mattress(?) " during the fall. So, Ah Du died protecting XF from the fall. XF then killed herself with AhDu's sword... 

@nuttyz Thanks for sharing... very informative:) Where can I find the english version of the novel?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, piluche said:

I know right??? I am rooting for them to last too because his story is just as sad...having to revenge for his family members by sacrificing and using those around him to finish his goal. But then I think about all his actions so far and I'm like, dang he's one messed up guy so he deserves to be alone in the end. Ugh, why did they cast a handsome guy for the role? Makes it hard to hate him :sweat_smile:

Agree! I even googled him and checked his dramas. he's pretty new and very good looking young man. I got over with Deng Lun just as fast lol. And he knows how to act... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, piluche said:

It's less about him being handsome, but more about how charmingly he manages to pull off the role - we hate him & yet we love him, sigh. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3