[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

17 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Or she still kills herself when she's pregnant, knowing that she can't take this anymore and she can't leave the baby with sexy psycho daddy because she doesn't want her baby to experience the bloodshed in the Eastern Palace. That would make the suicide scene like 10,000x more angsty. Like I can imagine her clutching her tummy and talking to her unborn baby while crying, "I'm sorry, baby. Mother couldn't protect you, but I will take you with me."

Meanwhile, LCY just lost his wife and child and will forever be in despair as he loses his sanity. Why am I like this??? So emo.

LOL he's trash but he's our trash. And I'm a hoarder so I can't bring myself to clean him out of my life and stop watching this drama despite all the stuff that he does. And I hope your novel spoiler is right and we get our classic fade-to-black bed scene in the drama. But what I meant was that rather than just consummating once, LCY has to have the intention of getting XF pregnant and pretty much coming at her sort of passive-aggressively about it? 

ahahahahaha in that case instead of us getting the original sad ending & a happy-ish ending, we'd get the sad one & even more sad one XD

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, hellojustpassingby said:

HE actually did force himself on XF in the novel, once or twice (I can't remember). But it was written so subtly that you might miss it if you read the whole part without putting much thought into it.

I didn't read the entire novel because it wasn't fully translated but I read spoilers which didn't mention anything about it. lol. 

@ohLIME Thank you for that novel spoiler! 

4 hours ago, hellojustpassingby said:

LCY never had the intention of getting XF pregnant in the novel (at least it wasn't explicitly stated). MOst of his actions were actions that showed that he wants to sleep with her that's all

Yeah, that's why I was surprised that he didn't have the intention because that is what these obsessive possessive male leads do in asian novels to trap the girl. Like if he really wanted her to stay with him, he'd resort to that and just take care of enemies that try to come after her. It's good that he doesn't though. 

• Like 2

I really love our lovely princess & our trash prince:P wedding attires at both of their wedding. So gorgeous! One looks artistic while another one looks majestic:wub: 

Btw, I just know the female lead here is 6 years older than the male lead in real life:o They look compatible. Maybe because he looks matured.

1.jpg

UNn_hmL_3g6yDLZPdVRGrJhc8-FhaXwz41jIVRoL

Credit to the owner

Edited by Andzek
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so i did a quick scan of other novels this writer has written. ANother one of her novel is getting a drama remake this april or may. All her works have mostly been adapted to dramas and have been hits.

HOWEVER, the basic story in almost each of the novels is SAME. Boy meets girls and girl is going through memory loss. She regains memory in between/at end to recognize the true love. In one book, she liked someone else, fell in love with hero lost her memory didn't remember hero but remembered her first crush the second lead.. and then major part of drama is hero pursuing her when she loves second lead.

In another one, she has a one night stand or brief romance with someone, forgets him, meets someone new has a loveline with him is to marry him and when she meets his family we find out that the first man is second lead's brother..Now our hero loves her but our heorine doesn't remember him :P

Good bye princess is same..

Hahahaa wow. The writer must really like the concept of forgetting one's memories. At least it sounds like those stories aren't as tragic as Goodbye Princess lol!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, razledgoose said:

just a question? --  does general pei like the princess as well?  I thought they were alluding to it somehow??

I've watched til ep 25 only, but I don't think General Pei likes the princess/XF. It seems like he feels bad for XF/LCY since he knows of their past. Doesn't General Pei like the other princess (I don't remember her name but she always hung out with XF and the other princess who I think is the emperor's daughter). However, in the story, I heard from someone that General Pei did have a crush on XF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomo74 said:

@Golden Flower Hi :love:, glad to see you again after TSOML, thanks for your informative story as always :thumbsup:

Hello!!! Same here!  

I saw a few posts asking to translate for previews, summarize new episodes or explain imperial customs but didn’t get answered for a couple of days and just trying to be helpful  :D :D :D ....

I like the chemistry between the main leads, CXX’s acting as LCY and overall flow  of the drama but I feel each episode is shorter than normal after taking out opening, closing and highlight from previous episode (May be cuz web drama).  

Spoiler

I’m just enjoying this GBMP as just an idol drama and I’m not invested in the drama writing, cultural accuracies or whether being logical like while watching TSOML. I also didn’t really finish the novel, not a fan of fei wo si quan and don’t have high expectations. There are no other interesting C or K dramas for me to watch currently. I have read and seen fan MV with various actors about Dong Gong and I wanna see how they made the short novel into 52 episodes with relatively new main leads. Of course, there are a lot of things to critize but I’m not paying close attention to many things including some actors’ acting (including female lead). Though I like the cinematography of grassland with horses and great fight scenes, the rest of the sets, story portrayal and camera angles are very fantasy idol like. Since drama is not set in any dynasty and the events aren’t historical,  I’m just enjoying it as unfated idol love drama in ancient dynasty setting. 

Oh...using so much white filter and digital photoshopping of actors' faces to make them look flawless even from far is really annoying me though! It is very similar to Ashes of Love but GBMP is not xianxia fantasy genre and no need for that! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, razledgoose said:

just a question? --  does general pei like the princess as well?  I thought they were alluding to it somehow??

I don't think he likes her romantically - at least not in the drama. 

He probably sees her more as a friend, especially since he knows the pain his buddy/friend/prince LCY inflicted on her in the past and currently. Thus he's extra mindful of trying to be as good to her as possible.

As for him liking the other princess...not sure about that. There's no doubt the princess likes him, but it does not look like he reciprocates  the feelings.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

This is so funny:joy:

Can anyone translate the joke? I want to know it huhu.

Anyway thanks for all the pictures @pad-hari.

Our OTP have so much chemistry together. Just seeing them holding hands, lying next to each other like that make me squel like a child haha. I can't imagine my feels when they finally kiss & being lovey dovey with each other:P

Of course then the great conflict will happen:tears:

• Like 3

@Andzek @Rouzmary reg. Those pictures, this is also my guess.  The first pic: general pei thinks that they r marrying for the 2nd time.

The 2nd pic: But they quarrel with each other like Tom and Jerry.(my words)  

The 3rd pic: actually XF got present for Lou Zhi (gen pei crush girl) since it was her birthday and also bought some more for her dear ones.  She got one for even General pei but LCY did not get one.

I am not sure though.  Someone who is fluent in Mandarin can help us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't recall her getting anything for LCY but he didn't seem to mind or even got that jealous (not yet i think) after seeing her gifting General Pei the wrist band, as a matter of fact it seems like he wants to give or make her something instead..maybe he likes to have the advantage that she 'owes' him or he just wants to surprise her and make her happy..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Awwww, @hellojustpassingby, thanks for the spoilers.  BTW the son he had with whom?  Did he marry another neighbour state princess?  And what about the daughter?  Is it with the same queen?  Thank God the script writers in the drama want to save some face of LCY, the big bada** unlike the novel about sleeping with the maid situation:cry:

OT:. I like your profile name.  You are passing by like a storm giving us lot of spoilers.:love::wub:

Haha I read the whole novel in its original language that’s why I think I am able to pick out little details that might have been lost in translation. Thought I should share what I know so you guys have a better idea haha

Anyway, the mother of LCY’s son was never named. Nobody knew who she was. The daughter was with another concubine with the surname Li. Both children came from different mothers. But as a crown prince and future emperor, he needed a successor so having a son made sense. 

In the novel, after XF’s death, he did not have much of an interest in women (which appeased many fans lol) Fans of the novel were saying that him having a child with someone else was just part of his duty to his country, which I agree. How could he be childless? He needed to pass the throne to someone when he dies.

And yes the scriptwriters knew how to appease the viewers by changing the maid storyline in the drama. But in the novel, it was a one-time thing + mistaken identity in a drunken state so I guess fans of the novel forgave him a little because of that. They were just affected by the fact that she got pregnant. Gotta admit I wa shocked too when I first read it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@Andzek @Rouzmary reg. Those pictures, this is also my guess.  The first pic: general pei thinks that they r marrying for the 2nd time.

The 2nd pic: But they quarrel with each other like Tom and Jerry.(my words)  

The 3rd pic: actually XF got present for Lou Zhi (gen pei crush girl) since it was her birthday and also bought some more for her dear ones.  She got one for even General pei but LCY did not get one.

I am not sure though.  Someone who is fluent in Mandarin can help us.

First pic: General Bei thinks that his workload has increased twicefold thanks to the wedding

Second pic: General Bei is thinking “Tired already” because he has to constantly protect XF whenever she goes out

Third Pic: “It’s not easy to put this on myself”

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1