Quantcast
0ly40

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess, 东宫

16 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

This kiss scene will be in ep 37-40. 

It seem like he kind of tricked her to kiss him LOL. This cunning prince is desperate to get some from his wife:P

• LOL 5

36 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

This kiss scene will be in ep 37-40. 

Reveal hidden contents

So sweet but I hope to have the scene that LCY apologize to XF for the slap (this is only my hope, not in novel), otherwise I will be very angry. My XF can't be treated like that. At least I want the XF to know that it's not really LCY's intention to slap her. Sadly, by the end, XF still didn't know LCY's true love was for her.

a265a789ly1g0z45xqau0g20eu08cb29.gifa265a789ly1g0z46178j5g20eu08c1d3.gifa265a789ly1g0z461pow5g20eu08c1kx.gifa265a789ly1g0z4625harg20eu08c7wh.gifa265a789ly1g0z462r2afg20eu08c7wh.gifa265a789ly1g0z45wyzpvg20eu08ctvs.gifa265a789ly1g0z46393o4g20eu08c4qp.gifa265a789ly1g0z463phtgg20eu08cb29.gif

His smug look in the morning and then patting the bed - at these times, you just gotta love the jerk :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

10 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Regarding  the preggo maid- did the emperor slept with her coz he is drunk and comes inside the bath where the maid is showering.  The queen took advantage of this.  Instead of the king father, the Prince son is pointed out as the culprit. Wow!!!!! CMIIW

O.O the bath maid was this maid aka the preggo maid? I thought that bath woman was the new concubine the empress got him...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

O.O the bath maid was this maid aka the preggo maid? I thought that bath woman was the new concubine the empress got him...

Ahhh, now I am confused.:sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

On 2/17/2019 at 11:37 PM, vlvl1 said:

Well in the novel in the very end she jumped off a cliff to die and he wanted to go after her but his soldiers were holding him back that’s why. 

But, I do agree he was a jerk in the novel but the drama as of the first 8 eps they made his character seem better. You can see why he did it for revenge for his brother death and he thought those people were cruel to the Han people. Just my thought. Lol

where have you read the novel?

is it in softcopy or can I buy it somewhere?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andzek said:

I'm kind of sad when I saw the first gif but then I'm cheering when she slap him back in the second gif LOL 

Did she also slap him back in the novel?:huh: what I remember in the novel is he did it coz of Sese right? Though actually it's only one of his acts.

But I wonder if it the same reason in the drama. Whatever it is, I'm happy that she retaliate back & not just accept it haha. You go girl! I feel like XF in drama is more gutsy than XF in the novelB)

ya she slapped him back in novel also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sooooo proud of our girl Xiaofeng slapping him back! The look on his face when she did - hah, take that you jerk! :angry:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, kathleenjumaoas said:

where have you read the novel?

is it in softcopy or can I buy it somewhere?

@roli

You can read the entire novel in Chinese at the link below. 

https://www.kanunu8.com/files/yqxs/201104/2585/62137.html

Novel in English (translation incomplete only up to Ch 25)...

http://fantasybooksforever.blogspot.com/2016/02/translations.html?m=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

18 hours ago, pad-hari said:

But what  about this scene?  She is slashing her neck with the sword? when does this scenario happen? @furu.vu217 and who is the guy at the end of the gif pushing LCY and carrying XF?

I think the drama will change XF jumping off cliff to “jumping off the city gate tower” after helping Atu push out of border city’s gate door before it was closed by LCY’s order. However, Atu who was already outside the city gate will use her body to cushion against XF’s fall. Thus, XF won’t die but escape from Li Dynasty. 

She will then try to go back to western Liang by riding a horse and LCY caught up to her. Then, she will try to slash her neck with sword. I think the drama is creating the two events happening at two different places and times to create more dialogues between the leads. In the novel, there was no interaction or dialogues between them after she jumped off the cliff saying “forget me Gu Xiao Wu” and stabbing herself after Atu’s death. 

I think the guy is XF’s oldest brother who was standing next to her father when LCY and General Gao first went to western Liang Palace to ask for marriage alliance in ep 2.

The woman who was bathing when emperor came in was the daughter of prime minister Gao who is also empress’ cousin. Empress was telling emperor that she was helping her cousin to be in good health before the cousin served the emperor as she was sickly since young while telling Gao family that she already arranged the consummation. (I explained the scheme and reasoning of empress and prime minister Gao in details in my previous post on page 18). The emperor went to this new Gao mei ran place to create discord between the empress and Gao family as he knows Gao family wants their own prince from Gao daughter and empress wants to prevent that to keep her place as empress and later as empress dowager (when LCY became emperor). 

• Insightful 4
  • Thanks 5

The empress goes "it's been over a yr now, y haven't crown princess gotten pregnant?"...if only she knew what went on behind closed door, him and her sleeping with their own blanket beside each other :lol:.

• LOL 5

7 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

I think the drama will change XF jumping off cliff to “jumping off the city gate tower” after helping Atu push out of border city’s gate door before it was closed by LCY’s order. However, Atu who was already outside the city gate will use her body to cushion against XF’s fall. Thus, XF won’t die but escape from Li Dynasty. 

She will then try to go back to western Liang by riding a horse and LCY caught up to her. Then, she will try to slash her neck with sword. I think the drama is creating the two events happening at two different places and times to create more dialogues between the leads. In the novel, there was no interaction or dialogues between them after she jumped off the cliff saying “forget me Gu Xiao Will” and stabbing herself after Atu’s death. 

I think the guy is XF’s oldest brother (their CP) who was standing next to her father when LCY and General Gao first went to western Liang Palace to ask for marriage alliance in ep 3. 

The woman who was bathing when emperor came in was the daughter of prime minister Gao who is also empress’ cousin. Empress was telling emperor that she was helping her cousin in good health before she served the emperor as she was sickly since young while telling Gao family that she already arranged the consummation. (I explained the scheme and reasoning of empress and prime minister Gao in details in my previous post on page 18). The emperor went to this new Gao mei ran place to create more discord between the empress and Gao family as he knows Gao family wants their own prince from Gao daughter and empress wants to prevent that to keep her place as empress and later as empress dowager (when LCY became emperor). 

lol.. both father and son working towards the same goal..

might as well collaborate

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

The empress goes "it's been over a yr now, y haven't crown princess gotten pregnant?"...if only she knew what went on behind closed door, him and her sleeping with their own blanket beside each other :lol:.

...waaaait a moment, so they have been married for a year? *thinks back on the latest eps* damn, they just might be! the preggo maid was giving birth in last ep and we first saw her with flat stomach so must be around 7 months at least...they just might have been married for a year already...

...so has he been avoiding Sese's bed for a year or did they consummate in the drama? <_<

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. both father and son working towards the same goal..

might as well collaborate

lolz, true! would make the task easier & faster :lol:

• LOL 2

This is such a sad drama for the leads because they both fell in love prior to the betrayal so their love cannot overcome all the events. Poor XF has to suffer so much and LCY has to lose her to realize her worth. It is a sad story for LCY himself because he's left to revenge for his family by sacrificing his love for XF. The only happy ending I can make of this drama is that they both die in the end and get reincarnated. Maybe with XF not having any memories of her past life since it was so painful for her and LCY with the memories so he can find her again and redeem himself. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I couldn't wait for Viki, so I watched the latest eps. unsubbed.  

For those who are watching unsubbed episodes or know the storyline, I wanted to know if LCY is jealous of General Pei?  Or is it just me misunderstanding because there are no subs...

For example, at the end of ep 33...

Spoiler

It seems the maids were gossiping of General Pei and XF.  What were they saying?

When the Eunuch told LCY what he heard, LCY got really mad - even the Eunuch was scared.  What were they saying about XF and General Pei?

Also, do you think the drama (not the novel) is trying to emphasize that General Pei has feelings for XF?  I thought it was really cute when XF made him that bracelet, and when LCY saw it, General Pei hid it behind his back.  Was he afraid LCY was going to take it (like he tried with Luoxi's handkerchief?)  And then, it was funny when General Pei wore it in front of GJ.  Almost like he wanted to show it off in front of GJ.  Or was he just messing with GJ since he knows that GJ likes XF?

And what a cliffhanger at the end of ep 36...

Spoiler

Why did LCY slap XF?  What exactly did she do to make him mad?  It looked like she was trying to help him in front of the queen and pleading on Sese's behalf...

I'm so confused... If someone could shed some light, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so I'm curious with this scene.

Not only our OTP are on the same bed, they also sharing the same blanket.

XF didn't has her earring on her ear, the clothes she wear looks like a sexy lingerie(?) & kind of different than the one she wear while kissing LCY. Also, the way she clutching the blanket on her chest is kinda suspicious.

Is this an imply bed scene?:w00t:

If it is I wonder how can he performed since he got stabbed before this:P

Anyway gotta love LCY's face here. His smile looks cheeky & he looks amused with her LOLOL:wub:

a265a789ly1g0z46393o4g20eu08c4qp.gif

Gif credit to @furu.vu217

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Andzek said:

Ok so I'm curious with this scene.

Not only our OTP are on the same bed, they also sharing the same blanket.

XF didn't has her earring on her ear, the clothes she wear looks like a sexy lingerie(?) & kind of different than the one she wear while kissing LCY. Also, the way she clutching the blanket on her chest is kinda suspicious.

Is this an imply bed scene?:w00t:

If it is I wonder how can he performed since he got stabbed before this:P

Anyway gotta love LCY's face here. His smile looks cheeky & he looks amused with her LOLOL:wub:

Gif credit to @furu.vu217

In another novel by this author and its drama adaptation, the guy is so badly wounded and about to die.. but then his wife/female lead gains memories and remembers him.. and it has been 2years since her memory loss.. so he made out right then and there

if you watch that scene on youtube nad read comments.. the supposedly emotional scene becomes so funny and stupid

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@qqbr21, thanks for answering me. 

But what  about this scene?  She is slashing her neck with the sword? when does this scenario happen? @furu.vu217 and who is the guy at the end of the gif pushing LCY and carrying XF?

I'm also really confused, I read a lot of articles if there are 2 final versions. It is possible that XF did not die after jumping off from cliff / wall because she was protected by Adu. I thought that was XF's brother carrying her, if not mistaken XF's father had died

16 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

It was the end of the film when XF committed suicide. You can read the novel's in qqbr21's post. The guy maybe XF's brothers.

In the drama, maybe they changed plot a bit.

You are right . The author and the Team added many new things that were fun and interesting to the audience's curiosity but still did not deviate far from the storyline of the novel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, churasan said:

I couldn't wait for Viki, so I watched the latest eps. unsubbed.  

For those who are watching unsubbed episodes or know the storyline, I wanted to know if LCY is jealous of General Pei?  Or is it just me misunderstanding because there are no subs...

For example, at the end of ep 33...

Hide contents

It seems the maids were gossiping of General Pei and XF.  What were they saying?

When the Eunuch told LCY what he heard, LCY got really mad - even the Eunuch was scared.  What were they saying about XF and General Pei?

Also, do you think the drama (not the novel) is trying to emphasize that General Pei has feelings for XF?  I thought it was really cute when XF made him that bracelet, and when LCY saw it, General Pei hid it behind his back.  Was he afraid LCY was going to take it (like he tried with Luoxi's handkerchief?)  And then, it was funny when General Pei wore it in front of GJ.  Almost like he wanted to show it off in front of GJ.  Or was he just messing with GJ since he knows that GJ likes XF?

And what a cliffhanger at the end of ep 36...

Hide contents

Why did LCY slap XF?  What exactly did she do to make him mad?  It looked like she was trying to help him in front of the queen and pleading on Sese's behalf...

I want to explain it to you clearly but my English is limited. So I'll talk a little bit, hoping to help you.

Spoiler

The maids talked about the close relationship between XF and GP. They asked SE (LCY's personal attendant) if XF and GP had known each other since Western State. SE told LCY again and he was angry. He is jealous but only that, because he knows GP is very loyal to him. Ep 34 he came and said he wanted to sleep with XF. LCY asked he is her husband, he has children with other but why XF is not angry. LCY angry in this situation is so cute.

In the novel, the author also implies that GP has a crush for XF, so like the drama.

LCY slapped XF because Xu Niang miscarriage. The queen plotted to blame Se Se. LCY slapped XF because he thought  she done this but wanted to blame Se Se. It's his acting to protect XF.

New preview Ep 37-40 is out

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HkxFUuoni?fid=1034:4348958630468728

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

lululala I have seen episodes 33-36, although they did not understand what they were talking about (no engsub). I like the many sweet interactions of XF and LCY, LCY uses a lot of tricks to get close to XF. But LCY and Sese's romantic attitude make me disgusted . Instead of being jealous, XF seems to think pity because LCY and Sese's love is blocked by her. At the end of Ep 36, I can't accept LCY's attitude. How can he slap XF in front of Pei and the Waiter. I know he pretends to hate  XF to protect her from enemies, but that's too much. Smart girl, XF slapped her husband back. If I become XF, after being slapped I will walk to find a stone and hit the stone to LCY's head so that his memory returns ^^v

I feel LCY is a little careless, or he doesn't ask for advice from the right people to protect XF. LCY began to harvest the seeds from which he planted. First, LCY ordered General Pei to protect and supervise the XF, but it turned out to be a rumor for Sese's servant that XF and Pei were caught up in romance. LCY was very upset and jealous (a scene of funny jealousy repeated). Second, LCY's fake love for Sese has made Sese obsessed and evil to get rid of every woman approached by LCY including XF. LCY's protection is as useless, he intends to keep XF away from lions (LCY's enemies) but bring it closer to the wolf (Sese) - _-

• Like 3
  • Love 1