[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

@lovecarnation

Spoiler

The killing GJ will be in the future episode.  That's why I mentioned the video contained spoilers for the future episodes.

Reg. the maid, are there 2 maids involved in the scheming of queen.  Already looking at her make up she does not look like a queen but a witch;).  She is scary and her handicapped uncle, :triumph:

I feel sorry for LCY.  He is just pulling our heart strings back and forth for him. :bawling:awwwwww......

• Like 1

Oh gosh, the spoilers for next week. Even if he didn't get anyone pregnant, it's not helping his trash prince rep and even SeSe won't accept that lol. If she's also a snake, then she will try to get rid of the girl and LCY won't have to lift a finger. Maybe he's just going to use SeSe. 

I wonder what LCY's endgame picture is like. Does he want to mislead everyone into thinking he doesn't love XF while protecting her in the dark and then once he gets rid of everyone and becomes emperor almighty, he can do what he wants openly?

Also, this is kinda bad to say, but I'm surprised that in the novel, LCY never forced himself on XF because a baby would be the best thing to tie her down to him forever. I think I read too many asian novels with obsessive possessive male leads but that's the kind of crap they usually pull. 

• Like 4

More preview for next week episodes.  The video quality is not good.  :cry:

Omg, so cute.  We can enjoy these scenes between the otp before it turns to angst.

XF is just like a kid.  Hahaha, he came to look out for her as she sneaks out of the palace with Ah du often.  So he took her for a boat ride.

And I think she got house arrested by him.  I am not sure though.  He keeps a candy ready for her after taking the medicine. Cute.:kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

More preview for next week episodes.  The video quality is not good.  :cry:

Omg, so cute.  We can enjoy these scenes between the otp before it turns to angst.

XF is just like a kid.  Hahaha, he came to look out for her as she sneaks out of the palace with Ah du often.  So he took her for a boat ride.

And I think she got house arrested by him.  I am not sure though.  He keeps a candy ready for her after taking the medicine. Cute.:kiss_wink:

My gosh, yes...their interactions are so cute!!!

Waahhhh! Why raise my hopes up so much drama gods?

They really have great chemistry together. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, shiroazn said:

Oh gosh, the spoilers for next week. Even if he didn't get anyone pregnant, it's not helping his trash prince rep and even SeSe won't accept that lol. If she's also a snake, then she will try to get rid of the girl and LCY won't have to lift a finger. Maybe he's just going to use SeSe. 

I wonder what LCY's endgame picture is like. Does he want to mislead everyone into thinking he doesn't love XF while protecting her in the dark and then once he gets rid of everyone and becomes emperor almighty, he can do what he wants openly?

Also, this is kinda bad to say, but I'm surprised that in the novel, LCY never forced himself on XF because a baby would be the best thing to tie her down to him forever. I think I read too many asian novels with obsessive possessive male leads but that's the kind of crap they usually pull. 

I had thought the same too, maybe her having his child will prevent her from ending her life (due to her feeling no more hope left and all her beloved ones r dead) but with a baby she at least got something or someone else to live for or maybe that second ending they r asking us could end like this too?

• Like 3

Omg the otp never consummated their wedding, is it?  Anybody who read the novel @ohLIME @marinated_lemon can u please confirm this?  What about those passionate kisses between the otp?  Are they just eye-wash?:bawling: 

Edit: another question.  What does the queen gain by scheming the maid's child with LCY?  Does it spoil his reputation?  All the maid's in the palace becomes concubine's to the prince and he can sleep with them, is it not?

Edited by pad-hari

Oooooh, if the empress is scheming/faking the whole maid getting pregnant by LCY while she got him drunk...I'm all for it! I totally prefer that over the novel version! 

And would LOOOOVE to see Sese all angry when this maid turns up who is pregnant by her beloved LCY XD

At least then she would leave Xiaofeng alone and concentrate on getting rid of the maid & her unborn child (poor baby, thou T_T)

Darn, can't watch the previews now, gotta wait till I get home in the evening, soooo curious thou XD

But but but, LCY & Xiaofeng somehow maybe consummating their marriage on some drunken night (well, sometimes drunkenness can be good-ish?) and her getting pregnant thus making her quit with her suicide attempts is a pretty good alternative for the happy ending...if they manage to pull that off 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Omg the otp never consummated their wedding, is it?  Anybody who read the novel @ohLIME @marinated_lemon can u please confirm this?  What about those passionate kisses between the otp?  Are they just eye-wash?:bawling: 

I'm far more curious if LYC consummated his marriage with Sese, he must have since he pretended to love her for YEARS and while he might avoid bedding her for some while, certainly not years....so, novel readers...spoilers, please?

And I do wonder how they'll deal with LCY bedding Sese in the drama...

We know it's a harem drama where kings/princes/lords had endless concubines, but but...just, no. My poor modern heart hates harems. Having him sleep with Sese and even worse, later on Xiaofeng (cuz trailers did seem to imply they had some bed times) would make it even worse.

And even if he didn't sleep with Xiaofeng, they certainly kissed, so still leaves a bad feeling thinking he kissed both of them if not more

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Edit: another question.  What does the queen gain by scheming the maid's child with LCY?  Does it spoil his reputation?  All the maid's in the palace becomes concubine's to the prince and he can sleep with them, is it not?

nope they didn't

Crown Prince has to have an heir. But i think, and someone can correct me, killing of the baby was actually carried out on CP's orders.

33 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

Oooooh, if the empress is scheming/faking the whole maid getting pregnant by LCY while she got him drunk...I'm all for it! I totally prefer that over the novel version! 

And would LOOOOVE to see Sese all angry when this maid turns up who is pregnant by her beloved LCY XD

At least then she would leave Xiaofeng alone and concentrate on getting rid of the maid & her unborn child (poor baby, thou T_T)

Darn, can't watch the previews now, gotta wait till I get home in the evening, soooo curious thou XD

But but but, LCY & Xiaofeng somehow maybe consummating their marriage on some drunken night (well, sometimes drunkenness can be good-ish?) and her getting pregnant thus making her quit with her suicide attempts is a pretty good alternative for the happy ending...if they manage to pull that off 

if she is faking, then that means empress intends to use it to throw sese out.

She will say that SeSe planned to get the child killed and strip her of her concubine rank.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, I have better quality video preview for episodes 33 to 36

Awwwwww....this guy is not our usual prince charming, and not our usual villain as well. He is something else, isnt he? To think about how much it must have tormented him to act opposite of what his heart truly wants...it kills me.

This preview is a compilation of all LCY/XF sweet things, perhaps, but his interaction with XF is not like his interaction with other girls *sese, for instance. With XF, he is more playful, more carefree, more attentive as well. His eyes are always looking at her and he is always seem to be amused by her, even when she looks pissed.

If XF dies, I am sure that the one who is most tormented is LCY. Where else can he find someone like XF? She is the only one who gives him freedom to be himself, not Sese, not the queen, not his dad, not a single one. Well, perhaps Pei Zhao, but he is his subordinate.

I feel actually sad for LCY. The one he is imprisoning is actually himself, I think...in the name of revenge. He must have been so lonely, and even more so if XF is not around.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know how long until the leads regain their memories? I need to get ready when XF will have her heart breaks again. 

I have a feeling that the Queen doesn’t hate XF, she probably prefers her to bear LCY’s son. So maybe her scheme with the maid and baby is to get rid of Sese instead of XF. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I have not read the novel, @pad-hari.  But I believe the kisses should be real. I cant see why they're not. Another thing from LCY is that he does not force himself to others. He is a unique kind of villain/prince charming, isnt he. But perhaps that is because he truly cares for XF, but has to press on with the damn revenge.

• Like 2

I saw a few familiar names here XD where they are also from Ever Night forum. Hahahahahaha

For Goodbye My Princess, I don't care about the ending, I am silently hoping that the drama will be not dragy. Begging this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

I have not read the novel, @pad-hari.  But I believe the kisses should be real. I cant see why they're not. Another thing from LCY is that he does not force himself to others. He is a unique kind of villain/prince charming, isnt he. But perhaps that is because he truly cares for XF, but has to press on with the damn revenge.

In the novel...

Spoiler

She does kiss him in a way...but for her it's like a task or payment but she feels something  eventually. Whereas for LCY, he gets into their kisses, he likes their kisses and finds ways for her to pay  him back with kisses. She even kissed GJ after which he asks who taught her how to kiss. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

IKR, that's why I don't have a heart to hate him at all.  He is just playing with our, viewers emotions more than XF.:cry:

14 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

have a feeling that the Queen doesn’t hate XF, she probably prefers her to bear LCY’s son. So maybe her scheme with the maid and baby is to get rid of Sese instead of XF

how can she oust Sese with this?  

3 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

In the novel...

Hide contents

She does kiss him in a way...but for her it's like a task or payment but she feels something  eventually. Whereas for LCY, he gets into their kisses, he likes their kisses and finds ways for her to pay  him back with kisses. She even kissed GJ after which he asks who taught her how to kiss. 

Oh poor LCY!!! Thinking she is true with all the kisses. Hahaha!!! But he needs this deceiving.  I like it.   Awwww, again playing with my emotions, LCY, you sweet rascal!!!!!:tounge_wink:

9 minutes ago, kimong8 said:

saw a few familiar names here XD where they are also from Ever Night forum. Hahahahahaha

Yeah, me me !!!! Welcome!!!!:love:

3 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Before "Most Handsome Trash 2019 award", now "trash prince rep"

your words for LCY on both of your posts crack me up LMAO:lol:

About the highlighted word, since the novel translation in English only up to chapter 25 so far, I read the other chapters using google translation since I'm curious.

Sure, there some translations of the sentences that make me scratch my head & had to guess what those mean but overall translations are not too bad & i kind of get the gist of what happen in the other chapters. 

But I'm really really sure they consummated their marriage.

If I'm not mistaken,

Spoiler

she went to met him in a kind of room(?), they get into fight or something like that & then he forced himself on her. After that it say in the novel (according google translation that i read) they/she lying on a bed(?) with LCY staring at her back. 

LCY word to her just after it happen imply he feels kind of guilty(?) doing that. He said he will treat her better after this & asked whether she still remember Gu Xiao Wu. She replied that even he did this, she will not care and just consider it like she get bitten by dog or something(?).

I'm sorry for the constant (?) at my words because I'm read it using google translations so the sentences I'm using may not accurated but I kind understand bit of what happen.

I'm curious how the drama's writer will handle this part. How will they consummated their marriage in the drama? Will they did willingly while they make up, like he gonna seduce her to it or will he forced her? Or she going to be virgin until she died huhu

Edited by Andzek
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1