[Drama 2017-2018] Love Returns / I hate to love you, 미워도 믿어도

0ly40

3 hours ago, jayakris said:

I liked that conversation too.  But the subtitles were not precise on the last line.  She said, "I like having fun. But you can't make a living from just fun all day long".  Same idea.  I find it funny when the subbers randomly change the lines as though the actual line won't work in English - though here it may have been to reduce the length of the line to read on screen.  What drives me crazy is when many lines in question forms are changed into statement forms. Way too often.  Like, "how good can that be?" will be changed to "that can't be good", for no reason....

Back to your point, yes, I too like her character.  There is enough of seriousness along with an easygoing attitude in her.  One of the more pleasant characters I have seen in dramas.  No attempt to act too goody goody but she is actually a very kind person.  So far she is not shown as one who would take much crap from anybody either.  Realistic to a good extent.  The actress is very good and natural with her expressions, and she fits the role perfectly.

"I like having fun. But you can't make a living from just fun all day long"

Oh. It sounds better. Why did they have to change it? I'm not fluent in the language so I only rely with the subtitles. T_T

Anyways, she doesn't deny it as well. I remember her telling Hong Suk Pyo that she's not really nice at all. I just wish she doesn't get swayed by the lawyer. I know she's started to weaken her defenses against him.

3 hours ago, jayakris said:

I watched that one all the way through. Gosh, that was a painful drama.  The lead character was so goody goody till late in the drama, and it drove me mad.  And some ridiculously silly manipulations by that deputy of the CEO lady... 

This drama has to many hateful characters. From the sister to the grandmother. I'd take all the shouting ahjumma all day than these people.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 18

After hunting for Hong on the dark streets, Gil finds him huddled freezing on the sidewalk.  When he runs to her in gratitude, she kicks him in the leg for disappearing and causing everyone  to worry.

After Gil leads Hong back to the Pawn Shop, he tells her that he has been fired.  She tells him that he needs to shape up because all of the reasons he was fired are valid.

Gil's Brother attempts to work on a paper for medical school but is distracted by visions of Jung's Sister.

The Stepmother talks on the phone.  After she rings off, Gil's Brother enters her bedroom.   She asks him hpw much students usually pay for private tutoring.  He tells her, "it depends."

Jung's Mother is angry at Big Shot's Mother, who has just gotten a blow-dry at the new, competing beauty salon down the street. Jung's Mother learns that the new shop is offering discounts and lottery tickets to attract customers. 

Gil's Brother approaches the Small Cafe to deliver a note for his Stepmother.  He observes someone apparently attempting to break into the Beauty Center and tackles him.  It turns out that he has tackled Hong and injured his hand.  The Manager of the small Cafe vouches for the fact that Hong works at the Beauty Center as Gil's Brother bandages Hong's hand.  They bicker and Gil's Brother leaves.  Hong has not made a good first impression.

Hong returns home and is reprimanded by Madame Goo.  She tells him that the Efficiency Twit has agreed that Hong can return to work on a trial basis.

Hong sits in his bedroom and recalls the lectures he has received from the Efficiency Twit, Gil and Madame Goo and resolves to take his job more seriously.

Jung's Mother cleans up her daughters' messy bedroom and curses.

Jung and her Sister bicker as they walk home.  When they enter their house, they are upbraided by their Mother.  Their Mother is especially angry to discover that they have had their hair done at the new beauty salon.

Jung escapes her Mother's wrath by running out of the house and encounters Big Shot on the sidewalk.  They chat amiably.

Madame Goo wants to give away her Brother's stage outfits to charity but he successfully resists.

The Stepmother enters the Beauty Shop and is surprised to see that Jung's Mother has no customers.   When the Stepmother tells her that she has come to get her hair done, Jung's Mother is shocked.

Jung's Father sees Big Shot admiring a car parked on the street.  He thinks that the car must belong to Big Shot.   Jung's Father kicks the car, setting off its theft alarm, and runs out.  the car's owner arrives and cases after Jung's Father, but is outrun.

Jung's Father arrives at the Small Cafe and sits down with the Stepmother, who has had her hair done for the occasion.  The car owner follows Jung's Father into the cafe but quickly relents when the Stepmother tells him to knock it off.  Jung's Father realizes that the Stepmother is more formidable than he had thought.

Gil's Brother encounters Jung's Sister on the street but either she does not like him or is playing Very hard to get.

It turns out that Jung's Mother has also patronized the new beauty spa and has won a pressure cooker in its lottery.

Hong and Gil walk down the street and bicker.  When they pass a floral shop she enthuses over the roses but he does not take the hint that she would like him to buy her a rose.

Big Shot drops by the stepmother's house and is surprised to discover how small it is.  Then he encounters Gil's Brother.  They immediately dislike each other and begin bickering.

Jung's Father encounters the car owner on the street and apologizes.  Then he asks the car owner about the Stepmother, telling him that he may go to work for her.  The car owner warns him that the Stepmother is a chintzy employer who will pay him minimum wage or less.  But then, the car owner starts pointing out all of the buildings the stepmother owns and Jung's Father is impressed.  He thinks that he is about to hit the jackpot.

The Manager of the Small Cafe  plays guitar and sings a ballad while Jung's Father listens.  He wonders whether the Stepmother selected him to be her tutor because she is romantically interested in him.

For some reason, Gil and Hong are walking around the city.  When they stop for a breather, he asks her why she wants to work at Genius cosmetics.  Because she needs to work for a living, she replies.

The Stepmother unwraps and admires the portrait of herself and her step children.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:51 PM, jimb said:

Hi.  Long time, no see.  What's your take on this drama?

How are you these days @jimb  I'm still trying to figure it out..  To many or eyeing brother and sister for there own personal gains.. Only very few shows true intentions all is after the old lady money even the greedy girls father..  I somehow see Ajjumma getting conned out of her money by the rich boy BIL.. I didn't watch the last episode with subs but what did he overhear the Aunt and Husband talking about..?

On 12/9/2017 at 5:39 AM, jayakris said:

Good to see you here, @sava2sava... I was wondering where you were, because you were there in almost every drama thread I have been on - basically because I think you don't miss any drama :) ... So, no thread is complete unless you're there!

@jayakris A reality check came calling and had to move to Nevada for a while because mom was sick.. Still her go back and forward to Texas because the hubby is still there but other then working her e I can my dramas in my spare time.. 

RECAP, EPISODE 19

Gil and Hong take a break from their walk around the city to rest and talk.  She tells him that she prefers working for Genius Cosmetics because working at the Pawn shop was no fun.  We learn that before Gil's natural parents died, she and her Brother used to live in a rich neighborhood.  We learn that Gil's Mother grew up poor, and that Gil thinks her childhood poverty contributed to her premature death.

In her house, the Stepmother is attempting to hang the portrait of herself and her step children and strains her back just as Gil's Brother returns home.  He helps her into her bedroom and tells her that she should have waited for him to hang the photograph, as he had promised to do.

The Stepmother asks Jung's Brother what he thinks about the Big Shot Lawyer.  He hems and haws ("I've only met him once") but clearly is not favorably impressed.  He's like, Why do you want to know?  She opines that Big Shot has worked hard to transcend his background and become a lawyer.  Jung's Brother thinks Big Shot is too lean and hungry.  He is dismayed to learn that the Stepmother is trying to hook up Big Shot with his Sister.

Big Shot's Mother busts Jung's Mother as she tries to smuggle the pressure cooker she won in the new beauty spa's  into her shop.

Big Shot's Mother tells her son that she will aid in his pursuit of Gil.     He tells her that she could be most helpful by not meddling.

Gil and Hong walk through a poor neighborhood and stop at a house.  It turns out to be the Efficiency Twit's residence, and he bristles when Hong appears at his door and surveys his living quarters.  Hong tells him that he is there to discuss his firing, which he argues was unfair.

The Efficiency Twit grudgingly invites Hong and Gil inside and cooks them a meal of ramen.  Amazed at Hong's audacity, he agrees that Hong can return to work on a provisional basis.

Jung's Father  hires a private detective to do a background and financial check on the Stepmother.

Hong and Gil return on the bus.  Gil is so exhausted from walking around the city to locate the Efficiency Twit's house that she falls asleep with her head on Hong's shoulder.  Hong doesn't seem to mind.

Madame Goo has managed to unload some of her Brother's stage outfits at the flea market and he is angry.  As they bicker, Hong returns home.

Madame Goo begins venting about how she is tired  of being No. 2 at Genius Cosmetics and wants to oust Hong so she can become No. 1.  Hong overhears all of this.  [ @sava2sava  I think this is the conversation that you asked about.]

Madame Goo enters the living room and discovers Hong standing there.  She is abashed and flustered as she realizes that he has overheard everything.  Hong, however, greets her cheerfully and walks into his bedroom.

Hong sits in his bedroom with a defeated look and remembers what his aunt said.

Goo's Assistant delivers the results of a background investigation of the efficiency Twit to Hong.  The conclusion is that he is a person Hong can trust.

Gil enters her Stepmother's bedroom and reproaches her for attempting to hang the portrait herself.

The Manager of the Small Cafe arrives and hangs the portrait.  Afterwards, she and Gil discuss Gil's Love Trouble.  She incorrectly thinks that Gil is crushing on Big Shot.  Gil tells her that, for no logical reason, she feels drawn to a man at work.  The Manager tells Gil to take her time and carefully evaluate the two men.

The Stepmother emerges from her bedroom and admires the family portrait that is now securely hung on the wall.  She addresses their deceased Father and promises that she will find good marriage matches for her two stepchildren.

Morning.

Big Shot's Mother is at work in the Beauty salon when she receives a call from Gigolo Goo.  He asks her for an evaluation of the face cream he gave her to test (and which she re-gifted to the Stepmother.)  After she rings off, Jung's Mother enters and is shocked to find her employee uncharacteristically hard at work.  Jung's Father enters and Big Shot's Mother gets going.

Jung's Father tells Jung's Mother that he has come to her shop for a hair dye.  She demands payment in advance.  When he tells her that he has a plan to strike it rich but needs a loan to tide him over, she drives him out of the shop with a mop.

In the Pawn Shop, the Stepmother's Assistant teases Gil about Big Shot.  When Gil observes that it is obviously the Assistant who is crushing on Big Shot, the Assistant becomes flustered.  Just then, Big Shot calls Gil to make a dinner date.  The Assistant is scandalized to learn that Gil is dating two men at once.

At the Beauty Center, Hong breaks a box full of cosmetics on the first day of his return to work.  The Efficiency Twit tells him that the cost of the cosmetics will be deducted from his pay.

Big Shot's Mother arrives at the Stepmother's house and pretends to be concerned about the Stepmother's aching back.  Laying it on thick, she has also made some kimchi for the Stepmother.  She tells the Stepmother that she needs a son in law and she knows just the right person for the job.  Then she is dismayed when the Stepmother tells her that she knew all along that she was trying to hook up Big Shot with her stepdaughter.  Then Big Shot's Mother tells her that she should find a boyfriend.

Jung's Father reviews the private investigator's report on the Stepmother.  He is frustrated by the report's concluding sentence:  "It is impossible to estimate her wealth."  Nevertheless, he considers the buildings he knows she owns and what he takes to be her romantic interest in him and concludes that he is finally on the road to riches.

1 hour ago, jimb said:

Madame Goo begins venting about how she is tired  of being No. 2 at Genius Cosmetics and wants to oust Hong so she can become No. 1.  Hong overhears all of this.  [ @sava2sava  I think this is the conversation that you asked about.]

Madame Goo enters the living room and discovers Hong standing there.  She is abashed and flustered as she realizes that he has overheard everything.  Hong, however, greets her cheerfully and walks into his bedroom.

Thanks @jimb  this is what I thought she was talking about I think it was them he took the fall for after they mis-management of the company.. 

I really dislike those girls father bit I think they mother isn't going to let him get away with what he's trying to do becaise his plans will conflict with the interst of the daughter.. I feel sorry for the older sister she's been having her eyes on the golddiging lawyer who really hasn't thought of her as his other half at all only see her as a friend.. Glad Lil sister told him she see things her sista don't and don't play with her..  

RECAP, EPISODE 20

Jung walks down a hallway and is almost bowled over by her Father, who rushes into the Small Cafe and hides in the kitchen.  Shortly, the private detective runs past Jung and into the Small Cafe.  Jung walks into the Small Cafe and asks, Is this about money?  She pays him off.

Jung confronts her Father in a conference room.  She tells him that she paid the detective for a background check and asks why he needs to do a background check on someone.  He tells her that he is considering remarriage.  He offers no details.  She concludes sadly that he is running a scan of some kind and departs.

The Stepmother is happier than she should be to encounter Jung's Father in the hallway.  They drink coffee in the Small Cafe.  The snake pitches woo.  He gives her a much sanitized and enhanced account of his life, including his education, marriage, divorce, and two children.  She gives him a more accurate account of her own life.

The Stepmother hands Jung's Father an envelope containing payment for his tutoring services.  He makes a grand show of returning it.  She insists but he insists that :companions" don't pay fr the help they give each other.  Don't you want t be my companion?  he asks.  Flustered, she says she does.  But when she returns the envelope to hher pocket, a tinge of regret crosses his face.

Jung walks down a street wondering what's up with her Father's remarriage plans.  She calls the Big Shot Lawyer but he tells her that he is on his way to an important meeting.  so important that while on the phone, he passes her on the street without noticing her.

Big Shot enters the pawn shop to pick Gil up for dinner as she and her Stepmother's Assistant are discussing life and love.  She invites him into her Stepmother's office and he sees that she has ordered takeout food.  She apologizes for ordering spicy food that upset his stomach on their last dinner date.  They chat amiably.

Gil has left her phone in the display area of the Pawn shop.  While she dines with Big Shot in her Stepmother's office, Hong attempts to call her, to no avail.  The efficiency Twit enters and reprimands Hong for being on his phone, but is actually happy with the progress Hong has made in the storeroom.

Gigolo goo calls Big Shot's Mother and invites her to dinner.  After she rings off, she screams in delight.  She calls and leaves a voice message for her Son:  "Christmas is coming and I have nothing to war.  Just sayin'."  She continues to chat cheerfully but he is subdued, feeling under financial pressure from his Mother.

In a rare moment of honesty, Big Shot shares his frustrations regarding his Mother with Gil.  We learn that Big Shot's Mother grew up in a rich family but has known financial hardship since her Father died.  Gil tells him that she envies him because his Mother, however frustrating,  is still alive. 

Jung's Sister returns home and Jung tells her that their Father is apparently planning to remarry.  Her Sister is like, The man's going to do what the man's going to do.  If he marries a woman with money, she'll care.  If not, not.  Jung leaves the room in disgust.

Jung's Sister discovers that Jung has given their Father money and rats her out to their Mother.  Exasperated, her Mother gives her a talking to.  They reminisce about happier days hen he worked steadily and was in good spirits and lament what he has become.  Then Jung's Mother chastises her for her lingering crush on Big Shot.

In her house, the Stepmother drinks coffee and remembers Jung's Father's overtures about being her "companion."  Her BS Detector's battery appears to be dead.

Hong is still attempting to call Gil, without success as he stands outside her house.  He is accosted by Gil's Brother, who thinks that he is a prowler.  They recognize each other from their earlier argument and resume bickering.  Then, Gil's Brother realizes that Hong's hand is still injured and ushers him inside the house to change the bandage.  His Stepmother enters and wonders what Hong is doing there.    Jung's Brother tells Hong that he must be the arrogant, stuck up employee at the Beauty Center which she is always complaining about.  The Stepmother brings Hong tea.  He and Gil's Brother begin to chat more amiably.

As Hong departs, the Stepmother insists that he wear one of her warm scarfs.  On the street, he is grateful for the Stepmother's kindness.

As Hong walks down the street, he sees a car pull up in front of Gil's house.  He is happy to see Gil get out of the car.  He is less happy when Big shot also gets out of the car and joins her on the sidewalk.  He watches them say goodnight and is jealous.

Jung's Mother looks in on her sleeping daughters and laments the tough life they have had since her divorce.

The Stepmother has asked the Manager of the Small Cafe to visit.  She advises that the Stepmother and Jung's Father should be Chingus for a while and then the stepmother should follow her heart.

In her bedroom, Gil checks her phone and discovers that Hong has phoned several times.  She tries to return his call but when Hong sees who is calling, he doesn't pick up.

Morning.

On her way out the door, Jung's Sister asks her Mother to obtain the phone number of Gil's Brother for her.  Her Mother wonders what's up.

Big Shot's Mother rushes into the beauty Salon and tells Jung's Mother that she needs to take some time off today.

Madame Goo, whose new hairdo is a fright, has noticed that Hong's behavior toward her has changed and is concerned that he, in fact, overheard he plotting against him.  Her Brother makes a half-hearted attempt to reassure her.

Jung's Father told the Stepmother that if she wanted to accept his offer of "companionship," she should meet him today at the Small Cafe.  At the Small Cafe, the Manager teases him as he paces nervously.

The Stepmother walks into the Small Cafe and shyly tells Jung's Father that she is "Here to meet my friend."

I'm watching E20 now with subs and a few minutes into the episode already made me scared for Kim ahjumma. I feel like she's going to be conned soon. That quack father should rot in prison! I don't even understand why they keep on buying his crap...

On 12/12/2017 at 8:16 AM, jimb said:

The Stepmother walks into the Small Cafe and shyly tells Jung's Father that she is "Here to meet my friend."

I don't really like this at all. It sure is a sign that she's gonna be conned soon. T_T

I just finished watching E21 and what do we have here? Con artist will meet the other con artist. It would be fun to see how they will perform their act of stealing Kim ahjumma's wealth in their own creative way.

I'm really not digging the most air time of the episode with Kim ahjumma and con artist professor. T_T

Oh, was it mentioned before that Hong Suk Pyo cannot drink alcohol because Eun Jo was telling during breakfast that he shouldn't be drinking. Did I miss that detail? There are few scenes with the leads that I keep on forgetting that they exist. T_T

Con-artist lawyer and Eun Jo are not dating yet right? Or are they? Because he acts like they're dating already and very possessive of her. :angry: Seriously Hong Suk Pyo needs to step up his game and just confess already!

And can someone knocks senses to Kim ahjumma? She's really gonna get conned the way she's acting.

44 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

Con-artist lawyer and Eun Jo are not dating yet right? Or are they? Because he acts like they're dating already and very possessive of her. :angry: Seriously Hong Suk Pyo needs to step up his game and just confess already!

And can someone knocks senses to Kim ahjumma? She's really gonna get conned the way she's acting.

Con Artist Lawyer and the girls father will con Kim Ahjumma it's going to be HSP that saves her.. Still the lawyer don't know jack about HSP and thinks he so out of his league wait to it's found out he owns a business and the CEO of that business.. And I don't see what the sister sees in him to me he always had this sleezy side to him he just nevert showed it thanks to his mom..

The drama is still keeping me a little off-balance.  I don't really know what to make of some of the characters. Today's E22 seems to show the loser dad as somebody who actually may have a conscience and all that - unlike we all thought.  He sits and admits to the daughter that he latched on to Boss Ms. Kim because of her money but that he now sees her as a person...  And the acting is like he was meant to sound genuine (otherwise we will see him acting in a way for just us to know that he is lying while the daughter is supposed to not notice, like they do in all dramas).  The lawyer is also not showing too much explicit acting like he is seriously scheming to steal money or anything.  He is only behaving like he just wants to date and marry somebody rich, and that he likes EJ.  He has even admitted as much, to Inoo, which is also not what dramas show scheming characters do.

Actually today's episode made me think that they may even want to take the story to be about Boss Ms. Kim making a decent human being out of the loser dad.  Making him play with the orphanage kids and showing that he was actually enjoying it in the end.

The aunt is also confusing me.  That earlier scene of her saying some things to that uncle was pretty mild, and the drama showed it like HSP would have misunderstood her, and not like she had real plans to steal the company.  Even when HSP snapped at her, threatened to send her away to Busan, and stormed out today, we didn't see her reacting like a nasty evil-aunt who has some schemes on her nephew.  She went, "why is everybody like this to me? What did I do?"...  Not how the nasty characters are supposed to behave.

So where is this story going?  Somebody is supposed to become poor, and there is really no sign of anybody really scheming to cause that.  By the 22nd episode, we are supposed to get an idea.  I guess not.

12 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

Tell me about it.  The dude needs to step up big time.  The lawyer is taking it to dangerous levels, calling Boss Kim "eomoni" and even talking of marriage, though EJ doesn't know of it.  But really, what is EJ supposed to do when HSP behaves like a kid and the other guy treats her like a princess?  Since that nice convenience store chat, EJ and HSP haven't even had a good conversation.  Here she was, asking him "what really is the relationship between us?" and he just looks blankly at her.  Do something, you fool!

9 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Con Artist Lawyer and the girls father will con Kim Ahjumma it's going to be HSP that saves her.. Still the lawyer don't know jack about HSP and thinks he so out of his league wait to it's found out he owns a business and the CEO of that business.. And I don't see what the sister sees in him to me he always had this sleezy side to him he just nevert showed it thanks to his mom..

I want to see that shock in con-artist lawyer's face when he finds out that HE's the one out of Hong Suk Pyo's league. That he's a merely a peasant when it comes to riches. XD I don't really like how he was possessing over Gil Eun Jo and looking down at Hong Suk Pyo.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

The drama is still keeping me a little off-balance.  I don't really know what to make of some of the characters. Today's E22 seems to show the loser dad as somebody who actually may have a conscience and all that - unlike we all thought.  He sits and admits to the daughter that he latched on to Boss Ms. Kim because of her money but that he now sees her as a person...  And the acting is like he was meant to sound genuine (otherwise we will see him acting in a way for just us to know that he is lying while the daughter is supposed to not notice, like they do in all dramas).  The lawyer is also not showing too much explicit acting like he is seriously scheming to steal money or anything.  He is only behaving like he just wants to date and marry somebody rich, and that he likes EJ.  He has even admitted as much, to Inoo, which is also not what dramas show scheming characters do.

Actually today's episode made me think that they may even want to take the story to be about Boss Ms. Kim making a decent human being out of the loser dad.  Making him play with the orphanage kids and showing that he was actually enjoying it in the end.

So I didn't hear it wrong. I may not be fluent in the language but I did understand that con-artist professor admitted to In Woo wanting Kim ahjumma's money but he's also saying that he was touched (?) when they went to the orphanage or something. Anyways, I'm not buying it. I'm not really buying it. I think he's just saying it to make In Woo accept that relationship.

Its hard to actually make sense of the plot.

Eun-Zo went through extreme difficulties when she a child. Now as an adult, Eun-Zo loses everything. She starts her life anew and tries to find happiness. Eun-Zo meets Hong Seok-Pyo.

It makes me confused. We all know that Eun Jo's childhood has been really tough because of the death of her mother. I think the "everything" that she lost as an adult is her father and with meeting Suk Pyo she's starting to trust and love again. Or something like that... :unsure:

Didn't con-artist lawyer started liking Eun Jo upon knowing she's Kim ahjumma's "daughter" and that Kim ahjumma is rich. I think he's really scheming something. Remember his mom (that ahjumma that I will hate until the end because she's annoying as hell) married for MONEY. She said so herself.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Tell me about it.  The dude needs to step up big time.  The lawyer is taking it to dangerous levels, calling Boss Kim "eomoni" and even talking of marriage, though EJ doesn't know of it.  But really, what is EJ supposed to do when HSP behaves like a kid and the other guy treats her like a princess?  Since that nice convenience store chat, EJ and HSP haven't even had a good conversation.  Here she was, asking him "what really is the relationship between us?" and he just looks blankly at her.  Do something, you fool!

I think it was because he saw Eun Jo and con-artist lawyer together that one time and she was pretty happy with him so I think he's trying to distance himself from her. But he really do need to stop acting like a kid and start doing something about Eunjo and his feelings for her.

RECAP, EPISODE 21

The Stepmother says that she hopes to become good friends with Jung's Father.  A friend in need is a friend indeed, and he promises to be a Friend Indeed.

Gil walks down the street and spots Jun's Father bunding her Stepmother into a cab, then he gets into the cab with her.  She wonders, What's up?

Upon entering the Small Cafe and questioning the Manager,  Gil learns that her Stepmother has acquired a boyfriend.  The Manager is thrilled.  Gil isn't.

Jung's Father and the Stepmother tour the city as she points out ghe buildings she owns.  He becomes friendlier by the minute.

The Stepmother mentions money and Jung's Father protests too much, and at great length.  But being as generous as he is needy, he tells her he will forget and forgive.

Jung's Father goes into a store to buy some coffee, probably with the last few coins in his pocet.  As he returns with the coffee, he speculates on the full extent of the Stepmother's wealth.

Gigolo Goo rushes into a cafe to join Big Shot's Mother.  She is wearing a new and undoubtedly expensive outfit.  He tells her that she can order anything she wants so they dine on huge slabs of steak.  He stares at her like a cat contemplating a saucer of cream and unfurls his line of gab.  We learn that he first encountered her when she was 20 years old and rich.

Big Shot's Mother returns to the Beauty Shop in a daze.  As her boss barks questions and commands, she returns to earth.  The two women discuss men and love.  When Big Shot's Mother learns that Jung's Father was Jung's Mother's "first love," she bursts into laughter.

Big Shot Lawyer and Jung dine in a tent cafe.  She discusses her Father's mysterious new love interest.  He tells her that they both have selfish parents.

One of Jung's Mother's Chingus enters the tent cafe and notices Jung dining with Big Shot.  She immediately rushes to the Beauty Shop to dish with Jung's Mother.  As she notes that Big Shot seems to be two timing Gil and Jung, Big Shot's Mother arrives and overhears.  She is angry that her Son is wasting time with a poor girl when he should be concentrating on the rich one.

Big Shot's Mother storms into her house looking for her Son.  She berates him.  He promises to keep his eye on the Prize.

Meanwhile, Jung/s Mother is berating her daughter for continuing to chase after a man who doesn't want her.

The Stepmother summons Gil and her Brother for a family Meeting.  When she tells them about her new boyfriend, they contain their enthusiasm.

The Efficiency Expert (formerly Efficiency Twit) pitches in and he and Hong finish loading boxes from the storeroom into a car.  He complements Hong on what he perceive s as his improved work ethic.

Hong eats dinner in a tent cafe.  The Efficiency Expert approaches his table, hands him a bottle of soju, thanks him for his good work, and departs.  Gil's Brother appears out of nowhere and, now friendly, they drink soju together.

In her bedroom, the Stepmother lies in the dark and wonders whether she is doing the right thing.  She hears her Stepson's voice.  He has arrived home and is supporting Hong, who forgot   that he shouldn't drink alcohol.  Gil emerges from her bedroom and is shocked to encounter Hong.  Her brother tells her that he couldn't reach his Aunt, and that since Gil's was the only other number on his cell phone, he figured he might as well bring him home.

At Hong's house the Goos worry and speculate about his whereabouts.

Morning.

Hong joins Gil's family for a big breakfast.  The Stepmother chatters happily.  Gil is embarrassed when her Stepmother mentions that it is Gil's dream to enter the beauty business.

When Big Shot's Mother reports for work at the Beauty Shop, stylishly dressed for the second day in a row, Jung's Mother wonders what's up.  As the two women talk, it becomes clear that they don't realize that they have set their sights on the same man:  Gigolo Goo.

The Stepmother hires Big Shot to handle some real estate business for her.  Then she presses him:  What are your intentions re my stepdaughter?  Happy to rush in for the kill, he tells her that he wants to marry Gil and begins addressing her as "Mother."  Two serpents and two apples in two days.

As Big Shot Departs, Madame Goo's Assistant arrives and, on behalf of Hong, presents a Gift Certificate for the Beauty Center to the Stepmother.

Jung sits across a table from her Father.  When he tells her that he wants her to give him a facial, her jaw drops.

When the Stepmother arrives for her beauty treatment, she is assigned to Jung.  When Jung leads her to the massage room and tells her to disrobe, she hears the labored breathing of a man in the next room.

Jung goes into the next room and finds that her Father has fallen asleep.  She struggles to awaken him.  She tells him to leave and departs.  When he draws back the curtain, he is surprised to see the stepmother lying on the massage table.  her eyes are closed, so he attempts to sneak out of the room.  But he stubs his toe, she opens her eyes.  Cue their shocked and abashed faces.

At the Small Cafe, Jung's Father sits at a table looking dazed.  The stepmother enters and they greet each other, but she is followed through the door by Big shot.  Big Shot watches Jung's father pitch woo to the Stepmother and, since he knows Jung's shiftless Father well, immediately deduces that their snouts are about to collide over the same honey pot.

@xiashenghan  In the first episode Hong went to a night club, drank and passed out.  His aunt said that he had some kind of extreme sensitivity to alcohol.

Gil is interested in Hong but slowly warming to Big Shot because he is making such an obvious effort.  She is following the advice of the Manager of the small Cafe to date both men and then "follow her heart."

@jayakris  The plot is a bit confusing.  Usually in K-Dramas, when a man is pursuing a woman for her money she is portrayed as having such a terrible personality that money is the only reason a man would pursue her for marriiage.  In this drama,, Big Shot is pursuing Gil for her money but he also finds her pleasant and attractive in her own right.

Madame Goo is also a bit confusing.  Even when she was telling her Brother that she wanted to replace Hong as CEO she, in the same conversation, expressed concern for his welfare.  She also hasn't taken any obvious steps to undermine Hong -- e.g., she is careful not to blow his cover as "Undercover Boss" at the Beauty Center.  Maybe she was just blowing off steam.

Archived