[Drama 2017-2018] Love Returns / I hate to love you, 미워도 믿어도

0ly40

I HATE TO LOVE YOU  (AKA I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU) (AKA LOVE RETURNS)

RECAP, EPISODE 26

As the Aunt screams that Gil is nearly 30 years old and should move out on her own, the Stepmother beats her with a pillow.  The Stepmother continues attacking her with a pillow as she enters the living room.  They discover that Gil has been standing there, listening to their argument.  Gil is crying.

Gil wordlessly goes to her room.  The Aunt illogically contends that Gil didn't hear her.  The stepmother angrily jerks the Aunt back into her bedroom.  The Stepmother warns her never to speak of Gil's adoption again.  The Aunt threatens to tell other "secrets" she knows as well.  When the Stepmother reacts angrily, the Aunt demands cash for silence.  When the Stepmother threatens to call Gil into the room and let the Aunt tell her everything she knows, the aunt relents.

As the Stepmother and the Aunt continue to bicker, we learn that Gil's Brother was the natural child of the Aunt's Brother, the Stepmother's deceased companion, but that Gil is not.  [ @xiashenghan  I think the foregoing answers your question.] The Stepmother is like, If you want any money from me you'd better STFU.

Gil sits in her bedroom looking desolate.  She has a fever but discovers that she has no medicine.   She receives a text from Big Shot asking if she arrived home safely and her spirits lift a bit.

In his own bedroom, Big Shot is reviewing marriage and divorce papers and other information he has collected on Gigolo Goo.  He receives a thank you text from Gil.  He smirks.  We learn that his spy in the Pawn Shop, the Stepmother's Assistant, has informed him that Hong has left the city.  Big Shot thinks he is On A Roll.

Gil serves the Aunt breakfast.  They make frosty and subdued conversation.  The Stepmother enters and sparks fly between her and the Aunt.  Gill's Brother joins them and the Stepmother learns that he has scheduled a health exam for her.

Jung descends the stairs and makes nice with Big shot's Mother, who has arrived for work in the Beauty Shop.  When Big Shot's Mother tries to pump Jung for information on what Madame Goo "likes,"  Jung tells her that she is out of luck:  Madame Goo hates everything.

Jung departs and her Mother enters the room.  She asks why Big Shot's Mother is interested in Madame Goo.  big Shot's Mother stares at the ceiling and proffers some bafflegab.  She tells Jung's Mother that she needs some time off and will treat her to luncch when she makes her Big Score.  Jung's Mother thinks her employee is a train hurtling toward a collision with Madame Goo.  Then she can step in and have her way with gigolo Goo.

Big Shot's Mother walks down the street, telling herself that she will confront Madame Goo forthwith.  Then she sees Madame Goo approaching her on the sidewalk and rushes to hide around a corner.

Big Shot is in Gigolo goo's office under the guise of putting the finishing touches on the resolution of Madame Goo's noise complaint against the Small Cafe.  Big Shot decides that Gigolo Goo requires further scrutiny.

In his CEO office, Hong discusses selling the Stepmother a stake in Genius Cosmetics with Madame Goo's Assistant.  When the Assistant notes that Gil will learn his true identity if he goes through with the sale, Hong changes the subject.

The Aunt eners the Stepmother's bedroom while she is applying makeup and asks why she is applying makeup.  The Stepmother tells her to MYOB.

The Aunt stalks the stepmother as she walks down the street.  When the Stepmother enters a department store and purchases a new outfit, the Aunt is astonished.

Meanwhile Madame Goo is stalking her Brother as he walks down the street.  but her tradecraft sucks and her Brother busts her.  When he offers to set up a meeting between she and his girlfriend, Madame Goo storms off.

The Stepmother meets Jung's Father in the Small Cafe.  She has bought him a new sweater to replace the one her angry tenant ruined the day before.  When the Aunt opens the door to the cafe a crack and observes them, she is shocked and flustered to realize that the Stepmother is in love.  She regards Jung's Father as yet another potential obstacle to getting some money from the Stepmother.

Assistant director Gong greets Big Shot's Mother,  who has arrived with a plant for Madame Goo.  She leaves the plant and departs.

After the Stepmother has left, the aunt enters the Small Cafe and addresses Jung's Father.  Big Shot's Mother enters the Small cafe and wonders what her employer's former husband is doing there.  She concludes that Jung's Father is romantically involved thith the Aunt.

Back at the Beauty Salon, Big Shot's Mother conveys her misinformation to Jung's Mother.  Jung's Mother thinks that the Aunt must be the woman she has heard that her former husband is about to marry.

Big Shot surprises Gil by taking her to a shop where couples make there own couple rings.  Gil gets into the spirit of things and the two of hem produce matching rings.  Big Shot looks like the cat that's swallowed the parrot.  She accepts her ring but does not wear it.

Gil returns home to her bedroom.  She looks at the ring and tries it on.  She remembers his bargain:  If you accept my ring, you accept my heart.  Drawing upon some heretofore well hidden reservoir of good sense, she removes the ring from her finger and puts it in her bureau drawer.

Madame Goo steams into their living room and confronts Hong about his refusal to lay off some employees she  considers redundant. When he blows her off, she responds angrily.  We learn that his deceased Mother liked to fire people.  Hong is like, I'm not my Mother.

Hong walks into his bedroom and stares at the ring he bought for Gil.  He has a panic attack.

Jung's Mother, alone, paces in her Beauty Shop.  She wonders why, in spite of herself, she is affected by the news of her former husband's romance.

The Stepmother and the Aunt attempt to sleep.  They talk.  The aunt asks if the Stepmother still dreams about meeting a man she loves as much as she loved the Aunt's late Brother.  Then the aunt starts pressing the Stepmother for details about her finances and the impact registering the two stepchildren would have on her finances.  The Stepmother regards the aunt with disgust. 

While waiting in the reception area for her health exam, Jung's Father surprises the stepmother by showing up to lend moral support.

Back at the Stepmother's house, her stepchildren and the Aunt bicker.

Gil's Brother gives her some medicine for her fever.

Back at the hospital, a doctor questions the Stepmother about a kidney she donated a decade ago.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that was cleared up. Thanks @jimb! No wonder aunt is so harsh with her but still she should go (after seeing her and watching her act like that no wonder the "siblings" want her to be goon ASAP).

From what happened in E26, it could be Kim ahjumma donated one of her kidney to Eun Jo? And could it be Eun Jo is sickly that's why they're worried whenever she gets fever or gets sick. Looks like Kim ahjumma can empathize with Eun Jo because she's in the same situation as her though Eun Jo doesn't know that fact.

Con lawyer mom does things that makes me wish that everything goes bad around her and her plans fall through. She just rubs me off in the wrong directions. I also get annoyed whenever she acts cute. Like please ahjumma! Stop doing it. It's freaking annoying!

Con lawyer gifting that ring to Eun Jo is like being ahead of himself. Like man can't you see the girl sees you just a friend? But I guess Eun Jo is at some point at fault since she entertains him.

I will still half blame Bo Geum if things fall apart for Eun Jo and Kim ahjumma. She's the one who put ideas and pushing them to do these things. I know she means well but still...

RECAP, EPISODE 27

A doctor tells the Stepmother that she must be careful since she only has one kidney.

Jung's Father and the Stepmother eat dinner.  He pours on the charm.

The Stepmother learns by phone that Gil is sick and rushes off, leaving Jung's Father in the restaurant alone.

Jung's Father rushes after the Stepmother and they talk briefly on the sidewalk.  Unseen by them, Gil approaches them on the street.  Gil is bemused to see how affectionate they seem to be with each other.

The Stepmother rushes into her Pawn shop but Gil is not there.  Gil arrives in the Pawn Shop a few minutes later and the stepmother is relieved to discover that she no longer has a fever.  She tells Gil that her health exam went well.  She also tells Gil that the Matchmaker has found another Blind date for her.Gil manages to restrain her enthusiasm.  She tells the Stepmother that she is no longer so concerned with Big Shot's  financial status.  The Stepmother is confused but not disturbed.

After Gil leaves the shop, the Stepmother's Assistant (Big Shot's secret agent) tells her that she thinks Big Shot is a nice guy who treats Gil well.

Jung walks into a cafe and is angry when she spots Big Shot having a meal with Gil.  Jung invites herself to join them and throws shade.  Jung and Gil cast eye-daggers at each other throughout the meal.  She advises them that  they don't seem to be a good match. Just sayin' . . .

After the meal as Big shot and Gil walk down the street, he tells explains that Jung was a childhood friend.  She doesn't seem to be bothered but Big shot seems to have been thrown off his stride by Jung's performance.  They split up and Big Shot walks off alone.

Gil turns around and who should be standing on the sidewalk behind her with a goofy look on his face?  Hong, of course.  He gives her a pleasant look, then walks by her without speaking.  Gil, who has had two WTF? events in the last hour, needs time to process.

Gil walks down a hallway at Genius Cosmetics and encounters Jung.  Jung throws down:  You took something that is important to me.  It's on!  Jung's Father approaches and observes their confrontation, unseen, from around a corner.

Jung leads the elephant into the room and introduces it to Gil:  You're rich.  Don't you think that Big Shot is primarily attracted by your money?  Gil tries to laugh it off but is not convincing.

After Gil departs, Jung's Father makes his presence known and attempts to counsel her on Life and Love.  Whe's like, Look who's talking?  He tells her that she should persevere until he closes his marriage deal and strikes it rich:  Then he will make up for all of the years he financially neglected Jung, her Sister and Mother.  Jung gives her Father a Look.

Hong and the efficiency expert are working in the store room.  He recalls seeing Gil and Big Shot on the street and is wistful.

When Hong asks the Efficiency Expert why he works so hard when he could take it a bit easier and still do an outstanding job, he learns that "Chairman Goo" (his deceased mother) helped his family through a period of adversity, including paying off their large medical bills, and he feels grateful and indebted to the company.  

Back at his CEO Office, Hong stares at the portrait of his Mother.  He appears unable to square gwe generosity toward the Efficiency Expert's family with his own memories of her.  When Madame Goo and her Brother enter to deliver a sales report, Hong wants to talk about his deceased Mother instead.  Then he abruptly deides he doesn't want to talk about her and leaves the room.  Madame Goo tells her Brother that this is a good sign, since the psychiatrist who treated Hong had said that if Hong ever brings up his Mother in conversation, he may be on the road to reconciling with her memory.

In her bedroom, the Stepmother calls an adviser to set up an appointment to discuss her potential investment in Genius cosmetics.  She abruptly rings off as her Stepson enters the room.  He tells her that he saw her and Jung's Father at the hospital together and encourages her to pursue the relationship if it "seems right."

Gil returns home and catches the Aunt eavesdropping on the Stepmother's conversation with her Brother.  The Aunt is concerned that if the Stepmother remarries, her access to ready cash will will be gone for good.

The Aunt enters the Stepmother's bedroom and begins to throw out questions and concerns designed to slow the Stepmother's progress to the altar.  The Stepmother invites her to STFU.  "But She Persisted."

Gil mopes about in her bedroom.  Then she removes Big Shot's couples ring from its box and gives it another look.  But she puts it back.

Ha!  In his bedroom, Hong removes a box from his dresser and opens it.  Is he going to stare at the ring he bought Gil, like he did in Episode 25?  No.  He removes a small piece of jewelry with a picture of his deceased Mother.

At the Beauty Shop Jung tells her Mother about her Father's statement that he hopes to use his marital riches to repay them for the years of privation they suffered at his hands.  Rather than condemning him, she actually tells her Mother that she "Hopes he means it."

Her Mother is like, Believe him if you want to.  The question for them is not whether he'll steal, but whether he will share.

The Aunt sits in the Small Cafe looking peeved.  Jung's and Big Shot's Mothers enter.  When Big Shot's Mother repeats her misinformation that the Aunt is the woman her former husband plans to marry, Jung's Mother approaches her and attempts to make conversation.  The Aunt rudely informs her that she doesn't feel like talking with her and storms out of the cafe.  Big Shot's Mother is like, Jeez, is she really his type?  Then she regards her boss and smirks:  Maybe so.

Jung's Father and the Stepmother sit in a cafe.  Again, he slathers on the charm with a ladle.  He humble-brags about his Ph.D..  He claims to believe he should have devoted the time he spent pursuing it to his family.  He reels her in like a big tuna.

In her bedroom, the Stepmother remembers when she was a schoolgirl and the aunt and her friend shunned her.  We learn that the Aunt went to an expensive private school while the Stepmother had to collect and sell junk to survive.  

Just then, the Aunt makes the mistake of entering the room and the Stepmother gloats about how the worm has turned.  The Aunt rants about how angry and jealous she was about the Stepmother's relationship with her late Brother.  Then we learn that after her Brother married someone else, their Father lost all of his money and they lived in poverty while the Stepmother, by dint of her hard work, had become financially comfortable.  The Aunt says that she wishes that her Brother had married the Stepmother -- so they wouldn't have been broke after their Father lost his money.  Then she makes another run at dissuading the Stepmother from pursuing her relationship with Jung's Father.  Her analysis of his motives, while clearly self-serving, is spot on.  The Stepmother, her mind lost in a fog of wishful thinking,  defends him.

The Stepmother sits in her bedroom alone and remembers the good times with gil's Father.  She concludes its time to move on, but beseeches her dead lover for guidance.

Finally watched E27. Both Eun Jo and Kim ahjumma are warned and reminded if they were ever approached by both con-man for who they are or for their money but it seems like they are already blinded to even process that thought. *sigh* It hurts to know that they're gonna be conned by these people and they'll be hopelessly in love with them.

I can partly blame Eun Jo if Suk Pyo avoids her at some point since he keeps on seeing her with the con lawyer. For someone who didn't received enough love from a family, that would be really devastating. To think there was something but it turns out she's just toying with you. *sigh*

The only happy thing happened in this episode is that I didn't get to see con lawyer's mom or was she in the episode but she has less scenes (yay!).

RECAP, EPISODE 28

Big Shot enters the Small Cafe and is greeted effusively by the Manager.  He tells her that he is there to meet Gil.

When Jung's Father emerges from the kitchen, he sees Big Shot sitting at a table and joins him.  

With a malicious glint in his eye, Big Shot tells Jung's Father that he is involved in a "case" where a couple wants to remarry but their children are fighting over money issues.  He observes that marriages to wealthy people often involve money issues.  Jung's Father begins to squirm and is like, Is like, Imagine that?  I guess human greed has no bounds.

Big Shot  suggests that the solution is for the couple not to register their marriage "For the childrens' sake."  Jung's Father demurs, saying the couple should do as it pleases.  He also notices that the "case" is uncomfortably similar to his own desired marriage to the Stepmother and correctly deduces that Big Shot is sending him a message.  Shots fired.

Gil arrives and she and Big Shot leave the Small Cafe.  Jung's Father guiltily wonders what they will be talking aout, and wishes that they had stayed at the cafe so he could eavesdrop.

Big Shot and Gil sit in a fast food restaurant.  He tells her that he thought she would be more comfortable here since her Mother's boyfriend works at the Small Cafe.  He questions her about the boyfriend.  He learns that he is divorced with children.  He tells her that in that case, her Stepmother and Jung's Father shouldn't register their marriage but does not explain why.  Gil is confused but he has planted the seeds of concern.

In a restaurant, Madame Goo's Assistant explains the details of her potential investment in Genius Cosmetics.  Hong sits at a nearby table listening, unnoticed by the Stepmother. We learn that her investment will give her control of the Beuty Center, the management of which she plans to turn over to Gil.  It is intended that Madame Goo will move from the Beauty Center to the headquarters office.

After the Stepmother leaves, the Assistant huddles with Hong.  We learn tha tHong has not informed  Madame Goo about this proposed deal.

The Aunt is at the Pawn Shop, ordering the Assistant to rearrange the display of purses.  The Assistant notes that Gil set up the display the day before.  The Aunt orders her to rearrange them anyway, but Gil arrives before she can do so. 

When Gil learns what is going on, she tells her Aunt to butt out.  The Aunt accuses Gil of being "slow witted," unlike other family members (an obvious allusion to the fact that Gil is adopted.)  When Gil challenges her to state her meaning plainly, the aunt backs off. 

The Stepmother arrives and firmly guides the Aunt int her office and closes the door.  We learn that the Aunt had to leave the U.S. because she got caught running a shop selling counterfeit designer goods. The Stepmother becomes angry when she learns that the aunt is planning to run her shop.  The Stepmother tells her that she can work in the shop but must do so under Gil's supervision.

The Aunt goes to the local Beauty Shop to have her hair permed.  When she walks in, she discovers that it is run by the two women, Jung's and big Shot's Mothers,  she unpleasantly encountered the day before.  Everyone pretends not to remember.

Recall that both Big Shot's and Jung's Mothers are under the missimpression that the Aunt is the rich girlfriend of Jung's Father.  Wlhen she tells them that she is new in town, the two women immediately begin talking about how women who move there always experience bad luck.

The Aunt has given firm instructions that she only wants a light trim.  When Jung's Mother approaches her with electric clippers rather than scissors, the aunt gets cold feet and suddenly has business elsewhere.

At their house, Hong and Gigolo Goo are talking in their kitchen.  Goo offers to tell Hong about his Mother and Hong accepts.  We learn that Hong's Mother's parents died when she was ten and she had to move in with the Goos, where she was treated like a maid.  He tells Hong that this experience caused his Mother to become extremely tenacious and self disciplined, which is why she often seemed to him to be overbearing.  Then he tells her to ease up on Madame Goo, since she truly has his interests at heart.

Hong leaves the kitchen and encounters Madame Goo, who has overheard their conversation.  Hong apologizes for treating her rudely the day before.  She apologizes also.  He tells her that nevertheless, he will run the company His Way.  When he departs, she vows to herself that she will continue to resist any of Hong's actions she considers imprudent.

In his bedroom, Big Shot recalls his conversation about marriage registration with Gil.  He wonders how he can make his point more plainly without scaring her off.  When his Mother enters the room, we learn that he is handling a lawsuit brought by the child of a rich woman who died after remarrying and was left with nothing. His mother had remarried and her marriage was registered, and all of the money went to her Stepfather's children after he died.  

At the Beauty Center, Assistant Manager gong chastises Jung for mistakenly selling a $1K gift certificate for $100 and tells her that she will have to repay the difference.

Jung's Father meets the stepmother at the Small Cafe.  He gives her a book of poetry and continues buttering her up.  She is charmed when she finds pressed leaves in the book.

In the pawn shop, Gil and the aunt argue over how to display the designer purses.  Gil challenges the Aunt to tell her why she has always been so hostile to her.  She tells Gil that it is because the family's wealth disappeared "shortly after you were born," so she believes Gil brought the family bad luck.  She stops just short of telling Gil that she was adopted.

Gil's Brother runs into Jung's Sister on the street.  She treats him rudely but she is becoming fond of him  in spite of himself.

Jung eats dinner with her Mother and Sister.  When Jung brings up their Father's offer to introduce his two daughters to his rich girlfriend, the Mother responds "I'm not going."  She is reminded that she isn't invited.  Jung's Sister is uneasy because Gil's Brother's face keeps popping into his mind.

At the Small Cafe, the Manager sings a love song while the Stepmother reads the book of poetry.  She recalls pleasanr encounters with Jung's Father.

The next day, Jung's Father and the Stepmother take a walk by a river.  She tells him about her rough childhood.  We learn that Gil's Father initially befriended her after he caught her trying to steal from him.  He arranged for her to work in a pawn shop when he went into the military.  Later he married another woman who died, leaving  gil and her Brothe, after which she lived with him and then took his children in after he died.  She says that the only things in life she learned to trust were "Mr. Gil and money."

Jung's Father says that from now on, he will help the Stepmother "live a good life."  She responds, "OK.  Let's give it a try."

RECAP, EPISODE 29

The stepmother and Jung's Father are freezing when they return from their walk along the riverbank.  Jung notices their backs as they hurry down the hall to the Small Cafe.

Jung's Father and the Stepmother sit at a table while the Manager serves them coffee and cookies.  He continues to reel her in with such lines as "I won't let you cry until the day you die."  Seriously.

As they talk, we learn that under Korean law the Stepmother was unable to include  Gil and her Brother on her registry because sheis a single woman.    She tells him that she wants to register their marriage so she can also register her stepchildren.  Jung's Father is secretly happy because he was afraid she wouldn't want to register their marriage at all.  When she raises the matter of his own children, he tells her not to worry.

Jung sees her  Father walking the Stepmother out of the building and gets her first good look at the "rich woman" he plans to marry.

Later, Jung storms into the Small Cafe as her Father is estimating the ring sizes of himself and the Stepmother.  She does not approve of him marrying the "shrew" of the marketplace.  She stomps off as her Father contemplates this new obstacle.

In her bedroom, Gil remembers her Aunt's harsh words and is sad.

Big Shot stands on the street.  When he can't reach Gil by phone, he wonders whether he should visit her.  But before he can decide, he is approached by Jung.

Big Shot and Jung sit in a cafe.  She tells him that she is conflicted because she doesn't think her Father's girlfriend is good enough for him.  Big Shot does not know that the Stepmother is her Father's girlfriend, or that her Father is her Father.He advises her to accept the situation since her Mother will still be her Mother and her Father's wife merely her Father's wife.

As Jung returns home she overhears Big Shot's Mother describing the case her son is working on:  A son of a rich woman who remarried was left with nothing after his Mother and Stepfather died and the Stepfather's children inherited everything.

In her bedroom, Jung questions her Mother about the Stepmother.  Her Mother confirms that the Stepmother , and adds the additional information that she was unable to register her two stepchildren.  As her Mother leaves the room, Jung is deep in thought.

Hong lies down on his bed and is immediately asleep.  Madame Goo looks in on him and is frustrated because she has something she would like to discuss with him.  

Gigolo Goo tells his Sister that he "thinks its time" to tell Hong something important about his Mother.  Madame Goo strongly objects.

Jung's Father contemplates an expensive pen and wonders whether, if he pawns it, he will have enough money to purchase a modest engagement ring.

Jung lies in bed and recalls her conversation with Big Shot.  Then she recalls her Mother's confirmation that the Stepmother is wealthy. Then she recalls how her Father promised to cut her in after he wins the marriage lottery.  She is coming down with a case of the Greeds.

Gil enters her bedroom and catches her Aunt in the act of searching for something in her desk.   The Aunt says that she is looking for nail polish and Gil gives her some.  They bicker.  Gil tells her that they should make an effort to get along better because they are blood relatives.  The Aunt considers dropping the adoption bomb but desists.

When Hong arrives at his office, Madame Goo is waiting and loaded for bear.  She has learned about his plans for the Beauty Center and doesn't like them one bit.  Angry, she demands an executive position commensurate with her actual importance to the firm "Or I;ll go to the Board."  Hong is speechless.

Madame Goo steams into the small Cafe and sits at a table.  The Manager listens to her complaints:  Hong is on the wrong path and impervious to reason.  Madame Goo says that she will have to be a Mother of a dog to avert disaster.

The Stepmother ushers Jung's Father into her office for the first time.  She tells him that she is considering buying a larger house but he tells her that small and cozy is better.

The Aunt enters the office and recognizes Jung's Father.  The Stepmother formally introduces them.

Jung encounters Gill in a hallway at the Beauty Center and taunts her about being rich.  She smirks and tells Gil that maybe she will "win a lottery" and become rich too.  Gil is aghast at Jung's effrontery.

When Hong takes a break from helping the Efficiency Expert load some boxes, Gil approaches with a document from the Beauty Center.  He tries to blow her off but she forces the issue.

Gil and Hong sit on a park bench.  She tells him that she was nice to him not because she pitied him but because she had developed feelings for him.   He apologizes but then returns to robot mode.  She begins to walk away and then breaks into a run.  He watches her depart with a confused look on his face.

The owner of the rice cake store hustles into the beauty shop with some juicy gossip:  The Stepmother has a boyfriend.  Jung's and Big Shot's Mother think that the rice cake lady must be smoking crack.

The Stepmother admires a small ring Jung's Father has bought her.  But he has miscalculated her ring size and it only fits her little finger.

Gil sits on a river bank and asks her deceased Father for advice.

Gil gathers everyone in the Stepmother's bedroom for an announcement.   She asks the Stepmother to tell her when her wedding will be so she can be married on the same day.  Then she holds up her finger with Big Shot's couples ring on it.

Everyone became money hungry con artists. I though In Woo has sense but it turns out she's money greedy as well. *sigh* And Eun Jo accepting that ring with con lawyer... My OTP's ship just sank hard.

I will see for the next episodes next week if I still want to continue this because the stupidity of Kim ahjumma and Eun Jo is getting into me now. They're so blinded and Suk Pyo is just running away from Eun Jo so what's the use of him as male lead?  Barely has screen time alone and scarce with the OTP ship.

I do want to finish this series but I don't know how I'll survive the leads stupidity?

The aunt is no better. She acts high and mighty like Kim ahjumma's money is hers. She should burn in h*ll. She blames a kid for their misfortune and insults Kim ahjumma but when it comes to money she rubs her like a genie. What a twisted character she is.

Con professor is giving me goosebumps with showing how nice he is to Kim ahjumma but on the inside plotting to get all her money. I don't even like the scenes with him thinking of buying things selling his precious pen to buy a ring (what? are they trying to make the viewers pity him? Sorry I don't buy that crap. He can burn in h*ll and I won't give a damn about his sorry *ss).

And Suk Pyo's aunt. What truth is that she was trying to hide from him? What is she planning? Is she planning to getting what Suk Pyo has as well? I can't just paint her really well. She's a blurred picture. Is she sincerely nice or is she like the con professor who is plotting something inside?

I assume all of you, like me, wanted to take the heaviest baseball bat or kitchen utensil and repeatedly hit Seok Pyo on his head today.  Oh, man, that was frustrating to see our poor Eun Jo sitting there and saying it all out (man, can this actress act! She is good) and then walking away with tears.  And our man just stands there like an ostrich that forgot that it had legs. Argh! :angry:

50 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

I will see for the next episodes next week if I still want to continue this because the stupidity of Kim ahjumma and Eun Jo is getting into me now. They're so blinded and Suk Pyo is just running away from Eun Jo so what's the use of him as male lead?  Barely has screen time alone and scarce with the OTP ship.

I do want to finish this series but I don't know how I'll survive the leads stupidity?

I hear you!  But hang in there.  It is going to change.  This is a daily drama, so the change in the situation from something desperate to something positive might even take some 10 episodes.

I don't think EJ will get married to the lawyer that easily, because now the lawyer knows that EJ is actually not rich by herself.  So, he may pull back a bit.   And then we wait for HSP to get some modicum of sense in his brain.  But that is the kind of situation-change that I said may take a few weeks.

So just take it easy and enjoy it for the long ride...

17 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I assume all of you, like me, wanted to take the heaviest baseball bat or kitchen utensil and repeatedly hit Seok Pyo on his head today.  Oh, man, that was frustrating to see our poor Eun Jo sitting there and saying it all out (man, can this actress act! She is good) and then walking away with tears.  And our man just stands there like an ostrich that forgot that it had legs. Argh! :angry:

Hmm dont think thats really fair he is like  only character that is trying to better himself.EJ might like him the way he is now but he does not like the way he currently is. 

He is not ready yet, and I dont think she was ready  either.

3 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Hmm dont think thats really fair he is like  only character that is trying to better himself.EJ might like him the way he is now but he does not like the way he currently is.

True.  He is only trying to do the right thing, and what he needs to do..  But I just wanted him to at least say a nice word or two and let her have at least some hope.  He didn't have to send her into despair and think of marrying somebody else.  That is why i wanted to beat some sense into him through some sauce pan percussion on his head.

Btw can anyone here read Korean?I like to know what the description of   episode 30 says

인우(한혜린 분)는 근섭(이병준 분)과 결혼 할 사람이 행자(송옥숙 분)라는 사실을 알고
적극적으로 부식(이동하 분)에게 접근한다. 명조(고병완 분)는 은조(표예진 분)가 부식과 결혼하려는 게 속상하고 한 편,
은정(전미선 분)은 전당포 다이아에 짝퉁 물건을 들여놓는데...

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/lovereturns/view/preview/index.html

2 minutes ago, jayakris said:

True.  He is only trying to do the right thing, and what he needs to do..  But I just wanted him to at least say a nice word or two and let her have at least some hope.  He didn't have to send her into despair and think of marrying somebody else.  That is why i wanted to beat some sense into him through some sauce pan percussion on his head.

Agreed.I just dont think he knows to handed this stuff with the way he grew up.

7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

btw can anyone here read Korean?I like to know what the description of   episode 30 says

인우(한혜린 분)는 근섭(이병준 분)과 결혼 할 사람이 행자(송옥숙 분)라는 사실을 알고
적극적으로 부식(이동하 분)에게 접근한다. 명조(고병완 분)는 은조(표예진 분)가 부식과 결혼하려는 게 속상하고 한 편,
은정(전미선 분)은 전당포 다이아에 짝퉁 물건을 들여놓는데...

"Knowing the fact that the one marrying GeunSeop was HaengJa, EunJo aggressively approaches BuSik.  MyeongJo gets distressed that EunJo is thinking of marrying BuSik. Meanwhile, EunJeong brings in fake goods to Dia."

EDIT:  It is InWoo and not EJ who got aggressive.

Doesn't look like a great a episode :(

34 minutes ago, jayakris said:

"Knowing the fact that the one marrying GeunSeop was HaengJa, EunJo aggressively approaches BuSik.  MyeongJo gets distressed that EunJo is thinking of marrying BuSik. Meanwhile, EunJeong brings in fake goods to Dia."

Doesn't look like a great a episode :(

Yeah I dont see no one getting marry now also fake goods?

Hmm I thing you got some names mixed up? up maybe someone else metion its In Woo that actively/aggressively starts to pursue Boo Shik.

42 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah I dont see no one getting marry now also fake goods?

Hmm I thing you got some names mixed up? up maybe someone else metion its In Woo that actively/aggressively starts to pursue Boo Shik.

Oh yeah, it was InWoo... I did screw it up.  That makes sense.  It didn't make sense that EJ would get aggressive with the lawyer.

Archived