[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

By the way, I'm sure someone already mentioned it... but Jung So Min reminds me of a young Yoo Eun Hye at certain angles. Like, Coffee Prince and Goong days Eun Hye. 

Also, I've started watching I Really, Really Like you. I have to really get used to LMK smiling and loose a lot. It'd be such a change to watch him as Se Hee again. :) Not complaining. Maybe I should just YouTube his kissing skills? Just kidding. Sort of. 

Edited by ahhhjummahhhjo
Additional comment. Incorrect statement.
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

By the way, I'm sure sodidn'te already mention 'tit... but Jung So Min reminds me of a young Yoo Eun Hye at certain angles. Like, Coffee Prince and Goong days Eun Hye. 

Also, I've started watching I Really, Really Like you. I have to really get used to LMK smiling and loose a lot. It'd be such a change to watch him as Se Hee again. :) Not complaining. Maybe I should just YouTube his kissing skills? Just kidding. Sort of. 

Sometimes she looks like suzy.. 

And weirdly enough, lee min ki and jongkook was fighting to get eunhye in X men :lol: I imagined she was jihoo and jong kook was bong nam..lol

Anyway, how to insert youtube link via phone? Anyone please teach me hehe I tried before but it didn't appear with the video on the page..

I've joined soompi forum for almost 3 years but mostly only being a silent reader hehe. I dont know how to post.. hehehe

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

By the way, I'm sure someone already mentioned it... but Jung So Min reminds me of a young Yoo Eun Hye at certain angles. Like, Coffee Prince and Goong days Eun Hye. 

Yes! She looks a lot like Eun Hye in Father is Strange.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lilipedmarsh said:

Sometimes she looks like suzy.. 

And weirdly enough, lee min ki and jongkook was fighting to get eunhye in X men :lol: I imagined she was jihoo and jong kook was bong nam..lol

Anyway, how to insert youtube link via phone? Anyone please teach me hehe I tried before but it didn't appear with the video on the page..

I've joined soompi forum for almost 3 years but mostly only being a silent reader hehe. I dont know how to post.. hehehe

You just need to copy the link and paste here. If the video does not embed , it may not be allowed by the YT account ( kbs tv for example does not allow it) but most vids would . Give it some time to embed. If it does not work , try using the icon with the chain next to the emoji button, you can paste your link via that

if you need help tag me. 

I wonder if LMK will sing an ost. Or has he ?  This one is not drama related but he is a decent singer

10 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@NewRomantic, I think you asks some very good questions.

In regards to SeHee's father paying his loan off, I think SeHee refused or maybe I just think that based on their relationship. There is no doubt that SeHee has no respect for his father at all. Just the way the told Ji Ho to "Just ignore him". That's not something most children say about their parents, especially to the woman who is going to be the daughter in law.

I can't wait to see what has caused the strain in father son relationship. It could be that the father has always been embarrassed of SeHee in front of his friends. I'm gauging this by the comment that SeHee made about his father wanting to have a daughter in law to prove his son is normal....or something along those lines. We know more about Ji Ho's father, I want to know more about SeHee's father. 

SeHee's parents seem mixed opposite. Ji Ho's mom seems more quite like SeHee's father. Ji Ho's dad seems more talkative like SeHee's mother. However, I have to say that I love Ji Ho's mom--after the last couple of episodes, my heart twinge when I think of her letter.

In regards to Ji Ho not benefitting as much from the deal, I agree---in the long term.  Yes, she's able to stay in Seoul. Although, she could have stayed by living with her friend who offered; living with SeHee does give her a level of independence and, in a way, a protection from harassment as she pursues her goal of writing. However, the future impact to her will be that of a divorcee which is taboo in Korea. She's not giving any thought to what the impact will be to her if she would like to marry 'for real' in the future. It's easier for a divorced man, but not a woman.  SeHee will be in a better financial situation due to the arrangement, but not Ji Ho.

Difference between the two:

Therein lies the difference between SeHee and JiHo.  SeHee is a planner and calculates the odds so he knows what the future looks like for him--he's a longterm thinker without emotions. What he hasn't calculated in the short-term is that he could actually become attached and fall in love with JiHo. He's only planning for the future and not really giving much attention to the present and what is before him--an attractive, "very pretty" woman.

SeHee (JH) is spontaneous. She acts without really thinking about the future impact.....short-term thinker with emotions. She ran off to a different college, but gave no thought to her family finding out. Even moving to Seoul with no real arrangements for where she was going to live. In the short-term, she's seeing a man that she could get along with just fine and have a chance to breathe---but no thought as to how this will tarnish her chances of a real marriage, a real relationship with a man in the future.

Long-term/short-term, neither one of them has given much thought to falling in love. 

@lclarakl  Yes i agree with everything you said. Even JH's decision to pursue screen writing, when everyone else who she graduated with became so much more successful.  She followed her heart's desire, and somehow her mother is still hoping for her. Although Moms usually are worried about daughter's security in the future etc., her mother is a bit different. Makes me wonder what her Mom possibly gave up in her own life to live a secure existence with JH"s dad = and clearly not a happy marriage.    On the other hand SH planned out his future, and even struggling to make sure he as secure retirement.

What is it that makes SH so angry at his Dad?  And as pointed out, so sympathetic to the Moms?  I can only think that perhaps his father was unfaithful to his Mom?  something really angered him.

Also not sure as others say how much JH gains from this marriage.  Yes she has secured a place to live but now she has to pose in the world as a married lady.   And what happens immediately after she does this, a cute guy wants to date her!  I am interested how she will handle that.   She needs to make it clear if she dates, what her honest situation is.   I sort of feel sorry for Bok Nam, he is kind of stepping into a sticky tangled spider web.

• Like 8

Okay so someone in the dramabeans ep 6 comment thread mentioned the Bok Nam (is that his name? Sorry if it isn't.) or Pink Puppy Easter Egg in the bus when they were on their way to the wedding hall. I thought it was a throwaway, barely there appearance but he is clearly shown to the left of the screen. Waaaaaah what does this even mean?!?! 

And because I was rewatching some of the episodes (because I am a sad and ridiculous ahjumma) I would like to sort of refute the animal sounds of the characters... Se Hee is sometimes a puppy, too. Especially with Ji Ho's dad. Someone said he's a cat. I could be wrong. 

The rewatch was worth it. Especially when the mom question certain ehem... anatomical functions--which surprised me that his eyes didn't even bug out at that. He didn't choke on his saliva and blubber. All he said was a stern, "Omoni!"(Maybe he's not such a prude? Or fearful of body parts? ha! Hope...? then again, he's the one who keeps locking the door! Tsk.) Oh and his crumbling in surprise as Ji Ho came out of the room.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

6 hours ago, yokyo said:

@Dramanoona

Ep 7 This is our first Misunderstanding as Husband and wife

Ep 8 This is our first Way  back  to being “US” 

11 hours ago, lilipedmarsh said:

I keep refreshing this page..wondering if there are new still pictures :D  Monday oh monday.. Please come fasterrr

Well, I love the guessing title games!

Mine are

7 This is the first time I feel jealous

Ep 8 This is the first time I dont want to let go my tenant

Don't think they are right though... :lol:

12 hours ago, chardonnay said:

Episode 7- Because this is my first time being Vulnerable

Episode 8- Because this is my first time on Offense

Got them!

We are all waiting for Monday. Can't wait to see the subtle changes in SH's expression when he sees his 'wife' with the other man.

• Like 12

0000996899_001_20171029113105400.jpg

TV Report = Kim Ji-hyun] Lee Min-gi, 'Wangman's wife' Witnessed that Jung So-min with another man. 

In the TVN drama 'This Life Is the First', the tenant Yoon Ji-ho (jung min-min) and the landlord Nam Se-hee (Lee Min-ki) who became married by the need of each other became formal couples. Was caught in the eyes of Se-hee and company people. 

There is a strange air flow between Jiho and Bongnam in the public photos. Because of the smile on her face and the favorable feeling toward her from Bongnam who looks at Jiho with a full smile. After meeting at the alley, I was curious to see why they met again, and they are curious about the feeling of 'thumb' riding on them. 

The face of Sehee and the company people who watched the scene in real time is also uncommon. I had a conversation in the office of the company because of the wedding ceremony, and I have no choice but to wonder about the fact that Sihui's wife, Ji-ho, is familiar with the outside man and the pink mood. 

Especially when you see it, Sehee is building a blank expression that is almost the same as usual, so he can not predict what he thinks. His reaction to the question of whether there is no change in his emotions is emerging as one of his interests, even though he is a 'wife' to others but he is actually a 'tenant'.

Unlike the belief that everything will be peaceful after the wedding, the daily life of Ji Ho and Se-hee is expected to become even more complicated due to the appearance of Bong-Nam. This raises the expectation that a new relationship between the three will cause a new reversal. 

On the other hand, Tsing Min, Lee Min Ki and Kim Min Kyu are in a breathtaking face-to-face with the TVN Monday drama 'This is my first time', broadcasted tomorrow (30th) at 9:30 pm. 

Kim Ji-hyun reporter mooa@tvreport.co.kr / photo = tvN (google translated)

• Like 9

Sorry friends.. couldn't resist the urge and these are the titles i am guessing for Ep 7 and 8
This is MY first temptation 

This is MY first confession :wub:

hehehe  I am hoping I don't have to wait till episode 10 or 12 for a proper confession because there are Director Ma:heart:Soo Ji and WS :heart:HR issues to resolve  too. 

It's wonderful to know tomorrow is MOnday!! :D

• Like 9

New to this drama and this thread. Saw many positive responses about this drama so I watched the first 6 episodes this weekend in one go. Last few tvN dramas I watched left me disappointed for various reasons, but this one is a surprising delight. I love how the drama reflects the reality of the generation born in late 80s. It is a good analogy to use dark tunnel to describe how this generation is struck in career rut and cruelty of life without seeing the possible ways ahead.

Glad to see the ratings of ep 6 is raised to 4.5% (TNmS). Hoping the writer can maintain the high quality when writing the later episodes.

• Like 10

OMG! They released the latest making film and it's got stuff from EP 7 as well! I saw it on Weibo but cannot find it in tvn YouTube channel.

These two are going to fight and bond a lot over the cat. So adorable!

Edit: Uri couple will be moving from sitting on the sofa to sitting on the dining counter top:wub:

Edit: I copied the Weibo link. See if it works.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5