[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

3 minutes ago, angelflower said:

I haven't watched Ep 5 or 6, although I've watched the clips on YT. So I don't really know much of the context either, but perhaps the translation will still make sense. Also, I'm not a native speaker so I can only interpret to the best of my abilities...

Thank you so much chinggu for the translation! :heart::heart:

If you still have time, could you do one more? It's the teaser for the next episode. It would still be fine if you can't tho. :blush: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

And the preview (Ep 7):

JH: Since the first day...

SH: You seem to have gotten closer since the first day.

SH stares at BM's screen which shows that guy - he has "Diamond" status on their dating app, with a score of 9.17, which goes up to 9.18 after BM's review is uploaded.

BM: You were jealous, weren't you? Constantly just now.

SH: No, I wasn't.

BM scoffs.

SH: What is this negative attitude?

JH: Are you mad at me about something?

SH: Why should I be?

HR: Isn't he totally the opposite of bro-in-law (she's referring to SH, since JH is like a sister)?

JH: Why are you being like this??

SJ: It may not be a bad thing/ a good life experience to date this once. 

SH: I do not have the right to interfere with my wife's social life. 

HR: How can your husband.... (not sure about this last bit...)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Lol he is changing but still he doesn't wanna accept it.. He wants to be in her life but he doesn't want her in his life.. Lol it was fun to see JH not providing him meals lol.. The way in preview too he disagreed that he isn't jealous was that was soo lol

I watched it raw and understand very little Korean, but I liked that scene, angst and all, for what it showed. Just a few episodes ago after agreeing to get married, JH happily eats her breakfast while SH happily sits on the couch and drinks his coffee. Perfectly within the scope of the proposed landlord/tenant "marriage." They get married. JH gets a little caught up in the wife role and crashes back to earth when reminded that they are landlord and tenant. Yet, SH, despite drawing that line, wasn't completely sticking to the landlord/tenant relationship either; i.e. Mr. Americano for breakfast accepted her breakfast invitation and was seemingly enjoying that bit of domesticity and clearly expecting a repeat even after drawing the line. 

• Like 10

SH looks like a boy been scolded because of his behavior.. and like all mothers JH is sad while confronting Se Hee.. can’t blame JH here; shes just complying with SH demands.. 

Here comes the rival: do you have a pen? A ballpen? How about boyfriend? The husband is sitting at the sofa; he definitely heard your swag inquiries; LOL :D :heart:

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

Thanks @angelflower for your translations..

I like how they are behaving like a couple though they are not officially a dating couple. When Se Hee said something that hurts her pride, JH immediately went on the offensive and retailated by throwing stuff that reminds her of SH, saying curtly how she has misunderstood and did not bat an eyelid by eating right in front of him. When an opportunity arises for her to hurt him, she did so by proclaiming that she does not have a boyfriend!!  That's what couples who r upset with each other do right? I like the ending for episode 6 now...because they are finding ways to grow closer to each other...

Love this pair alot. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, qynn said:

I watched it raw and understand very little Korean, but I liked that scene, angst and all, for what it showed. Just a few episodes ago after agreeing to get married, JH happily eats her breakfast while SH happily sits on the couch and drinks his coffee. Perfectly within the scope of the proposed landlord/tenant "marriage." They get married. JH gets a little caught up in the wife role and crashes back to earth when reminded that they are landlord and tenant. Yet, SH, despite drawing that line, wasn't completely sticking to the landlord/tenant relationship either; i.e. Mr. Americano for breakfast accepted her breakfast invitation and was seemingly enjoying that bit of domesticity and clearly expecting a repeat even after drawing the line. 

Hahaha I found that bit very funny.. The look of his dissapointment over not getting the same treatment was very lol worthy.. Mr. Robot is getting jealous n is trying desperately to hide the fact.. I m afraid it will make JH more erratic.. I don't want much angst between them lol.. 

@angelflower Thanks for the translations.. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, qynn said:

I'm curious....... are these the scenes ?  Not sure ..... but these are interesting scenes. Need watch subs.

• Like 5

I am the only one who think SH got a form of autism ? I am watching the us version of The good doctor so I can give it to people who don't have it but I feel like SH got it.

He got a hard time interacting with people, he can't lie or not well, he got, he got an order for every object,  he got a stong ritualistic behavior, restricted interest (arsenal and his cat), samenss,...

This person talk about his relation with a woman when he is an autism :

https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/04/10/falling-love-autism-spectrum

It's that or he got a bad past relationship. f131503605928553043(0).png?type=w800

We see the link between JH and the new guy but who is the 38 years old woman linked to SH ?

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@yusefull I think he also had a past with a woman might.. Something related to his family might have happened.. So only his relationship with his father is strained n his father was also skeptic abt JH's intentions for marrying him.. Or

Spoiler

It looks like marriage not dating.. As go gi tae too had a gf but he still wanted his piece of mind or wanting to get the perfect life.. So he might have dumped her

• Like 6

Mr Robot said that it was uncomfortable that she was renaming his cat. And confirmed when she asked if her being at his workplace with all his co-workers was uncomfortable.

And the clincher was, "Even though I know that it might be required sometimes, as much as is possible, let's avoid all portrayals as a couple".

TADAAAAA... And JiHo crashes back to earth and eats her own breakfast herself. Because they're not married, they're not a couple, they're not anything. And he should feed himself.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7

Currently watching the raw and thought I explain the scene after they go into the house and JH picks up the cat and the rest of the scene is then cut in the clip, as this also explains why JH became cold towards SH in the morning.

So JH picks up the cat and calls it "Uri" meaning "We", she explains about giving the cat a name blah blah blah but could tell from SH's lack of response that something was wrong so she asked him if he didn't like the name. He responded by saying it's not that but he feels uncomfortable. The cat belongs to him so having someone else call him by a different name makes him feel uncomfortable.

JH is shocked and perhaps realises that this has an undertone meaning and agrees, asking if her going to the office was also uncomfortable, which SH also agrees too saying that although they are married, they are in fact still a landlord and tenant relationship. Then I think he said that if they can avoid doing other married couple things later, it would be better.

Therefore drawing the line.

JH being more affectionate and wanting love, definitely misunderstood SH's use of 'we' but you can't blame the girl. Even if it is a fake marriage, I think anyone with emotions would get sucked into it. SH being logical and thinking that JH is the same as him, hasn't realised that unlike him, JH is and already has been affect by him emotionally and therefore she cares about the "we' and the "us" in their relationship.

@xxPeepsxx you beat me to it hahaha

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mindy said:

hahahahaha...

OMG just saw that she even got the cat a collar saying "uri"

awwww...I hope SH finds it later and ends up putting it on the cat himself.

I just hope that he knows what he did to offend her. He's got a point, but he's so hilariously direct. When he means well, it's swoony. When he's unhappy, his words cut like a knife to the heart.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@yusefull I think he also had a past with a woman might.. Something related to his family might have happened.. So only his relationship with his father is strained n his father was also skeptic abt JH's intentions for marrying him.. Or

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like marriage not dating.. As go gi tae too had a gf but he still wanted his piece of mind or wanting to get the perfect life.. So he might have dumped her

I don't remember the exact dialogue, but SH said something about "love" being a word that is used too easily  after he and JH met his parents. I thought at the time that he might not have been talking about his parents at that moment but instead a past experience with a woman but who knows.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

I just hope that he knows what he did to offend her. He's got a point, but he's so hilariously direct. When he means well, it's swoony. When he's unhappy, his words cut like a knife to the heart.

I know right? I can feel my heart slice open for JH. Well hopefully he'll figure it out soon. Or at least the other boys could give some insight but then again the other two aren't the brightest lightbulbs in the group hahahaa.

• Like 5