[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

I will not say a thing about the ending, I am waiting for the subs

But remember when, after the kiss, in the bus, JH said that the drama with SH was beginning 

Reading the text preview for the next week, I am thinking that maybe Bomi and the Heart Signal guy will act like supporting roles, helping the romance HR-WS

• Like 5

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyway, i have a question.

Did sang gong know about se hee’s past marriage/jung min’s pregnancy or did he honestly knew nothing about both?

they have been bffs for years so i find it weird that he dosent have a clue Or did i miss something somewhere while watching? :o

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, camichi said:

As I said before I am a coward….I haven’t watch episodes  13 and 14 . I can’t be the whole week waiting and wondering about what will happen in the last two episodes and at this rate I would like and it will get an extension at least one more episode. I don’t like when things are solve in the last episode and I can’t believe that this amazing drama is going to be like that. I want to see many lovey dove scene of JH and SH, they are so cute and lovable when they are together.

I have read your comments and I can feel how frustrated you are. I will wait and watch the 4 episodes together in a marathon. It’s like in these drama the lack of communication is one of the main issues between the couples.

I can’t understand why the writer is giving a melodrama instead of the nice drama- comedy we are used to. 

I think I am in sad mode. sad cute cat

Hugs. :wub: You are focusing too much on the burden. As we closing in on the end of the drama , this was a necessary arch...for both SH & JH’s growth in their relationship.

Of course I love their awkward journey of their love for each other...but imagine if we have 4 episodes worth of that....sleep together, not sleep together, watching football games endlessly together, ride the bus together, awkward pauses, etc, etc ??? I think that’s more frustrating :wink: Hahahahaha...but they are adorable. 

I have enjoyed this drama so so so (x infinity) much. So well written, so much life lessons from our OTP and the secondary characters. Simply beautiful. 

And of course all these extended discussions throughout the week (love reading them and they make the wait for the week to go by easier) :wub:  So let’s enjoy the rest of the ride/story. Watch the episodes, rewatch them to learn something new each time. Enjoy. Hwaiting! :wub:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

SH nurses his bruised fist in the pharmacy and thinks back to JH's mother asking him to make sure JH doesn't give up on her dream of writing. He makes up his mind and calls to meet JM.

JM: I heard you gave him quite the beating.

SH: Will it affect JH?

JM: It should be alright. I just met with his representative. They don't want to make a big deal out of it either.

SH: I see. Thanks.

SH: Does the fact that I'm JH's husband affect you in any way? In regards to JH's writing job.

JM: Is that why you came to me? You were afraid I might destroy her work because of my old grudge?

SH: Yes.

SH: When I got married, JH's mother asked me to promise her something - that I would help her write again when she wanted to, to help her not give up on her dream. But I didn't know how to do that, so I only promised not to stand in her way. But, you know the way for JH not to give up on her dream.

JM: That's why you came to look for me. To think this is what you're saying upon meeting your old lover from 12 years ago... I kind of hate you.

SH: I'm sorry. But there's nothing I can do. I only found out today why she quit writing, but there was nothing I could do except let my fists fly. I heard that you're a good producer. JM-ah, I'm asking for you to see her as a writer, and not as my wife. 

THANKS for translation!!! THAT’S SO BEAUTIFUL :bawling: Sorry I can only think of “beautiful” to describe this. I’m very enamoured by the script. And this is the Se Hee that we have come to know. Sweet, caring and endearing in that stiff, stoic way and he will fight for love when he cares for someone deeply (Jiho-ah!)  :wub:

Edited by LavelyShai
Quoted Video
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darr said:

Love really hit SH very hard. All those years of celibacy. He tried. 

So biologically and realistically, how does he cope as a man if a need arises or did he kill the urge for that too? I was expecting that for a man who once know what sleeping with a woman means and as his heart is already being re-colonised,such urge will come with intensity. Like the night he slept in her room,even though nothing happened, I was watching to see how he was fighting within him to still remain sane. 

I think he is a person who puts his emotions first, before his "sexual needs", at the time he met JH.

He knows his previous relationship ended in a mess. He had an unexpected baby, with a woman he loves a lot, out of wedlock. His step by step process is ruined. He prepared himself to take responsibility and start a new family and life while as a student. His parents go against his decision with huge pressure on him. His father chased him out of the house. His gf knows that they are not favoured, along the way she loses the baby, and disappears forever with all friends not knowing where she went.  

For his nerdy and wooden personality, he definitely could not take the drama. Time to escape this hell zone and isolate himself. He cannot cause this to another person again. With this kind-hearted thought in mind, he keeps himself lonely and decided that he does not want any drama in his life. He stays zen-like and put all feelings into his cat.

However, he did not count on JH coming into his safe zone aka his home. And also kissing him within 1 hour of meeting him in ep 1. Plus, she even takes out the recycling which he does but secretly hates. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

SH nurses his bruised fist in the pharmacy and thinks back to JH's mother asking him to make sure JH doesn't give up on her dream of writing. He makes up his mind and calls to meet JM.

JM: I heard you gave him quite the beating.

SH: Will it affect JH?

JM: It should be alright. I just met with his representative. They don't want to make a big deal out of it either.

SH: I see. Thanks.

SH: Does the fact that I'm JH's husband affect you in any way? In regards to JH's writing job.

JM: Is that why you came to me? You were afraid I might destroy her work because of my old grudge?

SH: Yes.

SH: When I got married, JH's mother asked me to promise her something - that I would help her write again when she wanted to, to help her not give up on her dream. But I didn't know how to do that, so I only promised not to stand in her way. But, you know the way for JH not to give up on her dream.

JM: That's why you came to look for me. To think this is what you're saying upon meeting your old lover from 12 years ago... I kind of hate you.

SH: I'm sorry. But there's nothing I can do. I only found out today why she quit writing, but there was nothing I could do except let my fists fly. I heard that you're a good producer. JM-ah, I'm asking for you to see her as a writer, and not as my wife. 

Thank you angelflower for the translation! You are great :)

I would not be happy if my ex came to meet me and spoke all about his wife. 

This part is unrealistic... but as an audience I will buy it and fall in love with Se Hee more.  

However in reality I hope this doesn't happen to anyone. Especially when she had his baby, almost left school, supposed to marry him, his family opposed and she miscarried, 12 years later they meet for the first time and he wants her to do all good things to his wife. He should tell her some good things to encourage her, as an ex. 

Maybe he is just too straight with his emotions. 

Edited by LavelyShai
Quoted Video
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hallo eberibardi! I've just watched the show just now!

Congratulate me for guessing that the bugger would bring about his own fall! See, that bugger-idiot really isn't all that right up in the head. How dare you ask for a withdrawal of the accusation and lawsuit! May your injuries burn in your skin, obvious for all to see, you bloody stone in the butt.

Aigoo ya. Now it's time for them to face things straight and head on. No more contract to hide behind. It was a day where SeHee did everything for JiHo but also a day JiHo was too far in her own head and never received news of the earth-shattering things he did.

This episode is the epitome of the phrase: "We judge others by their actions, but ourselves by our intentions." If you don't say it, if you don't show it, then no one knows what you're thinking. She won't know if you don't say you love her. Make this your first confession, SeHee ya. Hwaiting~

(And I'm kind of pissed by dad "demanding" a child from them. Like, "work is work, but what about a kid? You're young but think of SeHee's age."WOT. Is that your kid? That's SeHee and JiHo's kid and they'll have him/her whenever they want thank you very much! And don't solve your problems with SeHee through JiHo! Your mistake, you settle it yourself! *HUFF!!!*)

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, diesy said:

I will not say a thing about the ending, I am waiting for the subs

But remember when, after the kiss, in the bus, JH said that the drama with SH was beginning 

Reading the text preview for the next week, I am thinking that maybe Bomi and the Heart Signal guy will act like supporting roles, helping the romance HR-WS

They obviously still love eachothe. However I don't see them ever getting back again. Because if you look at things realistically they will not be able to make one another happy. They are just in different stage in their life and they also want different things. That's the sad reality 

• Like 7

I too cannot blame JH.  SH once agreed with her that there should only be one love so she thinks SH isn't capable of loving again.  She's too insecure that even when they slept together, she thinks that it's not love yet but still it's okey with it.  Seeing how cool and successful the woman who deeply hurt SH worsen her insecurities.  Yes, she's a straight forward person but the moment she realized that the two ex-lovers meet again, she got scared to talk it out with SH.  The fact that SH didn't talk to her about seeing JM again, she's thinking that SH still has a lingering feelings towards JM and that they may get back together again.  She's afraid to discuss it with him first coz what she may be thinking could be the truth.  And truth sometimes hurts.   

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, angelflower said:

After the conversation in the teahouse, JM sits in her car and thinks back to herself leaving the note for SH, while crying next to a packed bag.

JM: She was right. You can't try to grab and hold on to a heart. I'm envious, Writer-nim, that (you) already know this. 

The driver comes back after a long phone call. She remarks on it, only for the driver to tell her: "It was the lawyer. There was an issue regarding Writer Yoon's lawsuit."

JM: What do you mean?

Driver: It seems like DJ tried to meet privately to ask for the lawsuit to be cancelled. Instead, he got beat up, quite seriously too.

JM: By...who?

Driver: Writer Yoon's husband.

JM: What? He... hit someone?!

HAHAH I like how out of character this action is from SH. Even JM was shocked.

This is the second time he is doing this.

Don't mess with a man super in love. When it comes to protecting his woman from predators, all rational thinking flees:lol:

Seems like he has really changed a lot.

• Like 8

THE CONTRACT SHOULD BE TERMINATED. 

SE HEE AND JI HO WILL SIGN ON MARRIAGE APPLICATION. 

For their official relationship.

NO MORE OWNER AND TENANT 

NO MORE STRANGERS

NO MORE SEPARATED ROOMS

Se Hee is putting Ji Ho to be his priority. He tried to step over his painful relationship with JM to ensure Ji Ho will have a comfortable career in future.

The main point is when will Ji Ho knew all of these things?

That bad PD will meet her, beg for excuses.

JM will meet her, tell her what SH did.

Jh, when she is in need of Room 19 for a while, then she will go back to him. 

Both of them need each other to be comforted.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

His hands actually shook as he finished that narration, as he held Cat's tag "Woori". It's like, the weight of his feelings overwhelmed him for a moment. AMAZING detail in his acting.

So JH got called out to meet SH's dad. He asks about her job, pleased at first that she's quitting her part-time but displeased again when hearing that she would start writing again. He asks about a baby, stating that SH is much older. He tries to pressure her into accepting a bankbook with a seal, telling her to use it to pay off the house loan and for housekeeping in the future. JH rejects it and says it's not her place to accept, and that he should give it to SH directly. Dad says that she should do a good job as an in-between as a wife. He stands up to leave, but JH firmly stops him, saying that she has something to tell him.

We don't get to hear what it is. (It could be that JH really knows everything that happened from JM, which gives her grounds to speak to Dad, if it is about the rift between SH and him). Then with weary shoulders, JH goes to meet SJ.

• Like 12

Girl talk time. 

JH: SJ-yah, you know that movie "The Graduate", right?

SJ: Of course, it's your favourite.

JH: I must have watched it more than 10 times. I first watched it in the first year of high school, and I fell for the scene where Benjamin barges into Elaine's wedding and takes her out by her hand. To my 17-year-old eyes, it was so romantic.

SJ: That's a really famous scene, isn't it? There's even many parodies based on it.

JH: But when I watched it after I passed 20, I saw something different.

SJ: Like what?

JH: Their expressions after that. They escaped the wedding thrillingly and caught the bus. But strangely, they had no words to say to each other and became uneasy. I didn't know when I was younger but somehow, I started seeing that scene as I grew.

SJ: Why? Do you see that scene now between you and your landlord?

JH doesn't answer.

SJ: Are you having a hard time?

JH: Yes.

Oh no she's crying....

SJ waits for the taxi with JH but gets a call from SG. JH tells her to go meet SG, who must be waiting.

SG: What happened?? Are you alright?? Did you do something to Rep Park?

SJ: Since your way didn't work, I tried it my way this time.

SG: So what's your way?

(I don't understand what SJ says)

JH turns back to see SG praising SJ for doing well and the two of them being cute.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

9 minutes ago, angelflower said:

His hands actually shook as he finished that narration, as he held Cat's tag "Woori". It's like, the weight of his feelings overwhelmed him for a moment. AMAZING detail in his acting.

So JH got called out to meet SH's dad. He asks about her job, pleased at first that she's quitting her part-time but displeased again when hearing that she would start writing again. He asks about a baby, stating that SH is much older. He tries to pressure her into accepting a bankbook with a seal, telling her to use it to pay off the house loan and for housekeeping in the future. JH rejects it and says it's not her place to accept, and that he should give it to SH directly. Dad says that she should do a good job as an in-between as a wife. He stands up to leave, but JH firmly stops him, saying that she has something to tell him.

We don't get to hear what it is. (It could be that JH really knows everything that happened from JM, which gives her grounds to speak to Dad, if it is about the rift between SH and him). Then with weary shoulders, JH goes to meet SJ.

Patriarchal Male Chauvinistic Pigs. The bane of our lives. *sigh*

How dare he. How FREAKING DARE he!

Is SeHee gonna punch his own father? I think that's a cause for a police report. I hope it just stops with SeHee never seeing his father again. I dunno. Dad needs punishment. Severe ones, from what I'm seeing! Justice for JeongMin too!

• Like 9

BEN – I CAN’T GO (갈 수가 없어) BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST LIFE OST

Dreams that filled up my room
Lost meaning page by page
Now it has faded

Written in the past
On all those small papers
Now I’m blanking out

It’s not easy to look
At a different tomorrow
So I can’t even do anything

Even if I endure through a day like today
Each day keeps repeating
Foolish things keep repeating
So I’m standing in a corner by myself
Thinking maybe tomorrow will be different

I can’t take a single step

Future hopes that I wanted to fulfill
They’re still stuck in that time

Sometimes, I long for the young days
Because if I stand there again
Maybe I can smile

Now I’m used to the same things
Repeating over and over
So time is just passing like that

Each day keeps repeating

Even if it’s just a moment, it’s alright
I’m drawing myself out
As if I’m in a movie

Each day keeps repeating

Thanks to POPGASA

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Last one.

JH (voiceover): I only knew this after love grew. Our marriage was convenient because there was no love between us. 

She flashes back to SH and her dividing wedding costs.

JH (voiceover): Marriage is normally something you do after there is love; but why? (She is still holding the bankbook!) Why does the wound seem larger after (I) fell in love?

SH puts on the tag for Cat. Thinks to JM's words about words having to be said. Cat seems to be meowing in protest at the tag.

SH: I know that this is awkward. But it suits you better than I thought. Let's do a good job today.

He goes to meet her downstairs.

SH: You came from SJ's place?

JH: Yes, we had a drink.

SH: I see. (ACK THE HAND HOLDING SCENE).

SH: Did your contract signing go well?

JH: Yes. The representative (JM) is a good person so...

SH: I see. That's good to hear.

SH: You look tired. (he refers to the physical kind)

JH: I'm a bit weary, today of all days.

THE HANDS!!

SH: Oh, Cat! You came to meet us? (LOL why do I suspect SH put her there?)

JH: I have something to tell you.

SH: Yes, me too.

--------------

Leads in to that last clip previously translated. DONE!

I think this was a necessary process that they needed to go through. I'm glad it's here and can't wait for next week! (But it can't be ending already though... what am I to do with my life then...)

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 12

I had some time to think, and came back to make a few comments. 

I understand what JH is going through, she found out about her ‘husband’s’ past relationship with her boss where they nearly had a child, that is not easy to digest at all. And I get why she leaves in a way even if its going to be absolutely devastating for SH. Its obvious that she is insecure, she has every right to be. She had never been in a relationship, she doesn’t know how things work as well as others do. Even if she puts up her petty act it makes sense, if she doesn’t see any chance of success or is insecure shouldn’t she protect herself? In this case SH loves her, yes he gave her all the signs but thats never enough when it comes to relationships, you need communication its the KEY to a relationship. They are hiding things from each other, JH is aware of his past while SH doesn’t have a clue that she knows. At this point what’s important is that he clarifies his past with her first and most forthly to close that chapter. The confession can come before or after this but it is essential that they take this step first. 

SH needs to be aware that his action can’t be spoken on behalf of his words when it comes to feelings, and JM told him this and he will input this sooner than later. JH needs her space, but also needs to be confident in herself, yes he had a past, she got a gist of that from reading the book. But she needs to hear it from SH, to make sure that she indeed is her that he loves her. 

SG&SJ I LOVE THEM HONESTLY I ADORE THEM SO MUCH THEY ARE ADORABLE. SJ throwing a punch at that trash was the highlight her character for me by far, shows how far her character has grown since the begining. 

I know everything will clear up by the end but I want it to be a smooth ending with each gap filled, no holes left behind to leave us wondering about what happened there. I have confidence that the writter will close this drama off beautifully, since she hasn’t disappointed us so far~~ 

May next week be filled with happiness and love for our wonderful couples <3 

• Like 18