[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

JSM lasted IG post
Google translation ...

Now all the shoots are over. Thank you so many works. I sincerely thank you for your warm hearted filling of my shortcomings. I would like to express my sincerity to all those who live this moment. This life is all of us, for the first time anyway. # This is the first time # This drama is the first time

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

46 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

JSM lasted IG post
Google translation ...

Now all the shoots are over. Thank you so many works. I sincerely thank you for your warm hearted filling of my shortcomings. I would like to express my sincerity to all those who live this moment. This life is all of us, for the first time anyway. # This is the first time # This drama is the first time

oooohhh our girl is getting sentimental. they've finished the filming so they can't be on the set as she posted it, neither was lee min ki at 1am. unless these two were watching the editing together. or unless some of the staff went out for drinks after filming.... hahahaha my delulu mind is working.

because if they were at home or at their respective private spaces and then they posted about the drama at dawn................ perhaps they were talking about it in chatrooms with the staff? because clearly they were thinking about it at dawn.

i mean why would they post on instagram at dawn? couldn't sleep? hmmmm

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Plot twist: those jeans are Lee Minki's personal clothes. That's his style. :D

LMAO...you might be right. This could just be LMK usual style (he's off work and dressed in his own clothes). :D

I've come to realised from staff group pics that LMK's natural reaction is no different from SH's expression in BTIMFL. Any of his long time fans here? Has he always been like this? Like who will pose for group pics with the staff like this (zero expression/hands firmly laid flat on his lap)? He looks like he's taking a family portrait. :huh:

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

6 minutes ago, superfangermany_stv said:

LMAO...you might be right. This could just be LMK usual style (he's off work and dressed in his own clothes). :D

I've come to realised from staff group pics that LMK's natural reaction is no different from SH's expression in BTIMFL. Any of his long time fans here? Has he always been like this? Like who will pose for group pics with the staff like this (zero expression/hands firmly laid flat on his lap)? He looks like he's taking a family portrait. :huh:

I thought he was posing as Se Hee on purpose in the final pic? That's how I saw it at least

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, superfangermany_stv said:

I noticed that too. I feel like he's slightly a method actor. He stays in character if he can. I may be wrong though because he laughs, which is un-Sehee like, in between takes, and that photo was taken at the end of shooting. However, in one interview about his film Monster, he and Kim Goeun were talking about their characters and he said he had trouble returning to his old self after filming that his manager and the CEO of his management company made a bet on when he'd be his old self again. I think that's how he works. He internalizes his character so even in photos, he acts like Sehee.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Guest snowflakesj16
6 hours ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

It seems that Jung Somin will participate in Ost.Part 9

thanks for this update @cheesethatnotsocheesey. Hehe. I'm a So Min and I've heard her sing, I can say she's a way better dancer than a singer.lol. But hopefully the song will suit her voice. :)

We're down to the last 2 episodes, I'm gonna miss this drama and the anticipation for Mondays and Tuesdays. But until then, let's enjoy the last two episodes!

8 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

And, the worst thing you can do to a SeHee is try to manipulate him into doing or feeling something you want. We hate it to the core. NEVER attempt anything like that. If everyone had a tail, that would be our tail. Don't step on it. If you want anything, just be direct. And then wait.

@rembrandtz_5e20 Heh, the moment he brought you supper, it was "I'm interested in you". The moment you guys went out, it was "I like you". When you asked to break up, it was long after "I love you".

And, uhm, we don't do things like go out with people "just because I was there". We don't really go out of our way for people we don't care about (unless, you know, someone's in danger), much less spend all that time going out and dating!

OMG you are so right about them hating to be manipulated! They detest hypocrisy and will absolutely rebel if you try to play mind games with them. But it can be a good thing cos as the gf, you just need to tell him things as it is, no point scheming to get what you want from him, he can see through a Ho Rang right away! 

I also realise they don't patronise people they don't care about. Bliss is to be able to go home after work every day and spend quiet time with family and by themselves. They don't need to travel anywhere or do anything special to be happy, but that can make them pretty boring people :)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

Re-watch

Ep. 2

At tunnel scene, make me cries

@piekeboeboe, reading your post made me think of all the scenes that really touched me emotionally; scenes that made my heart ache for them.  Here are some of my scenes and the emotions I felt:

1) JH being attacked by the person she thought she knew and trusted, then the feeling of not having anyone to turn to or a place to sleep. My heart broke with JH when she started crying in the tunnel and later when she thought to herself after SH asked her to marry him, "I just want to sleep." She was drained emotionally.

2) The letter from JH's mother to SH....wow!! I still that same emotion each time I watch that scene. This mother who wanted her daughter to do in life the things she, herself, wasn't able to do. Love mother/daughter relationships. When she called JH her friend.......just loved it.

3) Although I agreed with JH when she didn't share her breakfast with SH after he told her there is no "us"--in so many terms,  I felt sad for him for some reason. He seemed so out of touch emotionally that he couldn't understand how she must have felt at his rebuke of 'my Kitty, my job, etc.)

4) I felt so hurt on JH's behalf when SH paid her for helping out his mother for the ancestral service--the hurt and anger were real. What a slap in the face. I was so happy when she didn't revert to the regular weak drama girl who hid in her room. Instead, she confronted SH and told him that he would pay her with a similar work by helping her family.

5) SJ touched me in a way that made me angry as a women, but then she made me feel so extremely proud as a woman. I wanted her to stand up for herself. How could this 'gangsta' high school student just sit there and take abuse from these men? Why wouldn't she stand up? Then she met a man who challenged her to stop hiding and stand up for herself; helping her to see her value goes beyond having a disabled mother and born out of wedlock; a man who gave her full support. I was so angry when Mr. Park purposely spilled food/water on her coat so she would have to take it off. I can't tell you how many times I re-played the scene of her punching Mr. Park......such gratification. 

6) I love the expression on JH's mother's face when JH took the drink and downed it for SH. That secret smile of pride--"that's my girl".

7) SH telling Kitty that he's going to let JH know his emotions. He was so nervous and excited. My heart ached when JH told him she wants to dissolve the contract.......ouch..that hurt. 

8) I giggle like a little girl each time I see the scene of SJ and SG after she told him she punched Mr. Park. He tells her, "You did good". There cuteness is just contagious.

9) I wasn't really expecting to feel too much in regards to the break up of HR and WS; however, my heart did break for HR. She's devoted 7 years to a relationship, only to be told to wait another 5 years, then told "let's break up."  I always thought they needed to; apparently, they fought all the time...that is never a good sign. I have a feeling she may have found the man of her dreams....I hope.

10) Over all in ep 14, my heart goes out to JH. She's in such a dilemma with the appearance of JM. Wanting to feel confident, but doesn't have much to base it on. That's why I can't wait to see these next two episodes. 

Side note:  Things that SH has done right in ep 14 when faced with an ex-lover:

a) He made it known to all who was his main concern. SG was surprised and JM didn't expect it.  SH did good.

b ) Even after seeing JM, what a shock, he still was worried about JH. He didn't let his meeting JM hold him back from still wanting to be with JH.

c) He showed such sweet concern for JH. Made her honey water to prevent her from feeling sick after drinking so much.

d) He wants to show JH that he wants there to be an "us", he bought the cat tag to prove it.

There were so many things that he did right. No doubt who is in his heart.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

OMG you are so right about them hating to be manipulated! They detest hypocrisy and will absolutely rebel if you try to play mind games with them. But it can be a good thing cos as the gf, you just need to tell him things as it is, no point scheming to get what you want from him, he can see through a Ho Rang right away! 

I also realise they don't patronise people they don't care about. Bliss is to be able to go home after work every day and spend quiet time with family and by themselves. They don't need to travel anywhere or do anything special to be happy, but that can make them pretty boring people :)

Yep, don't try mind games. We can see through it all. If SeHee got together with HoRang, they'd break up 5 minutes into the relationship. I can't even imagine them together actually. He'd probably think she's nuts.

We're happy staying at home and having quality time with family and alone - but if you, our loved one, would so love it, we would be delighted to head out with you too. Because it makes you happy which therefore makes us happy. 

Just don't go out everyday please. We get a bit touchy after the 4th or 5th day. We'd be delighted but we like our space too. (If overseas, that means you gotta give us some alone time, like say a lazy morning once in a few days or a do-nothing night. Thanks.)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, superfangermany_stv said:

I can't say I'm a life long fan, but I've seen several of his dramas and movies. To be honest, I kept wondering in this drama, how is he able to contain himself. His other characters had more personality. I kinda got the impression in the picture that he was staying in character. Some actors like to stay in character while shooting so as to not lose focus. I loved him in Dal Ja's Spring, it was a cute drama.

• Like 9

@xxPeepsxx @rembrandtz_5e20

May I ask you something, please? :D:D:D

Spoiler

After we broke up, he was the one who sent me a message and asking me about this and that and I answered all his questions. After that, I tried to asked him about his day first, but he always asked me 'WHY?' I told him because 'I want to know' or 'I'm curious', and he keep asking me 'WHY?'

At the end, I stop replying his 'why' because I didn't know what to say, and then he asked me again 'why didn't you answer my question?'

And I asked him back, 'did you need an answer?' (Am I wrong here?)

Did he want a specific answer or something?

He also told me that I shouldn't send him a message if it was not important. Why???

I'm still confused. He is the biggest mystery in my life.

Lately, I smell something fishy about him and my friends. I think, he plans something behind my back.

Is he normal or abnormal?

Or am I the one who don't try hard to understand? :huh:

Edited by triplem
I have put this in spoiler since it’s not drama related.

It's D DAY!!!! 

By the way, I haven't caught the scene about the cat collar.

I have seen in one of the scenes that JH threw away the 'Woori' cat collar angrily. I think it's after he told her that he doesn't want to see her visit his office or act like a married couple.

Then in ep 14 the cat collar appeared again and seems like he kept it.

Was there a scene where he took it out of the dustbin? 

I tend to fast forward some scenes because I get emotional when I watch Ho Rang and Won Seok scenes.

It's too emo for me as they remind me of my past relationship. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, 122am said:

It's D DAY!!!! 

By the way, I haven't caught the scene about the cat collar.

I have seen in one of the scenes that JH threw away the 'Woori' cat collar angrily. I think it's after he told her that he doesn't want to see her visit his office or act like a married couple.

Then in ep 14 the cat collar appeared again and seems like he kept it.

Was there a scene where he took it out of the dustbin? 

I tend to fast forward some scenes because I get emotional when I watch Ho Rang and Won Seok scenes.

It's too emo for me as they remind me of my past relationship. 

The drama did not show that SH picked up the cat collar out of the rubbish.

Since SH has it, he must have retrieved it somehow.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, jangminie said:

@xxPeepsxx @rembrandtz_5e20

May I ask you something, please? :D:D:D

After we broke up, he was the one who sent me a message and asking me about this and that and I answered all his questions. After that, I tried to asked him about his day first, but he always asked me 'WHY?' I told him because 'I want to know' or 'I'm curious', and he keep asking me 'WHY?'

At the end, I stop replying his 'why' because I didn't know what to say, and then he asked me again 'why didn't you answer my question?'

And I asked him back, 'did you need an answer?' (Am I wrong here?)

Did he want a specific answer or something?

He also told me that I shouldn't send him a message if it was not important. Why???

I'm still confused. He is the biggest mystery in my life.

Lately, I smell something fishy about him and my friends. I think, he plans something behind my back.

Is he normal or abnormal?

Or am I the one who don't try hard to understand? :huh:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I get your frustration. 

He wants to know your intentions. People like your ex-boyfriend don't just answer questions right away. They want to know why you're asking that question and their answers will change or will be phrased so that it answers your intention. Are you asking because you're still interested in possibly giving the relationship another try? Because you want to get back together? Or just because you have nothing better to do? What are you going to do with the information I'll give you?

I cannot speak for your boyfriend, but it was very very very hard for me to open up about myself (I mean, I even hated it when my mom (who is like half a HoRang and half a JiHo) went round telling my sister's friend's mother what major I was in) and so he won't be giving all those info easily, especially since you've broken up. BUT! We are little hypocrites and want to know all about you. Because we like figuring things out and we want to figure you out.

If he's asking all that about you, he's not over you yet. You guys might actually get back together with just the right push. But I dunno. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

23 minutes ago, fastheart said:

The drama did not show that SH picked up the cat collar out of the rubbish.

Since SH has it, he must have retrieved it somehow.

It must have been when he did the recycling... :)

Thank you for your reply.

I just love all these connecting small details! 

• Like 10