ep4 Because This is My First Marriage
ep5 Because This is My First Promise
ep6 Because This is "Our" First Time

While waiting for monday, wondering what is going to be first in ep7

This is our first argument. 

Heh.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, chubbyzmae said:

Really? so you are a cool girl in the past :):)

Hahahahhahaha..... ............ *sigh* I'll just say that I've offended a number of people in my past... and that's why my jaw dropped when SeHee told JiHo that her actions made him uncomfortable. It's not only that it shatters her fantasy, that's definitely JiHo's own problem, it's also that it's harsh in its directness. I can tell you that SeHee didn't think that it was harsh at all. It's just the truth! But it was like looking at myself when I was young and stupid, hahahaha. Aie yai yaieee....

Still cool, but more careful now. I'll still bark at you if you disturb me while I'm focused like how SeHee barked at his boss, HA.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I have been thinking and reminiscing. This drama is not fantasy so I assume it showcases reality.

My question is this; do people like SH really exist? Are there people that sees marriage like algorithm truly?

I know there are emotionless characters in this one as regards love but one has to feel something for something. In SH case,does he really love his cat,house or work?  A robot these days have feelings.

But towards the end of episode 6,I saw a flicker of something when JH demanded for her spoon. Before I could decipher what it means,it's gone. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, darr said:

I have been thinking and reminiscing. This drama is not fantasy so I assume it showcases reality.

My question is this; do people like SH really exist? Are there people that sees marriage like algorithm truly?

I know there are emotionless characters in this one as regards love but one has to feel something for something. In SH case,does he really love his cat,house or work?  A robot these days have feelings.

But towards the end of episode 6,I saw a flicker of something when JH demanded for her spoon. Before I could decipher what it means,it's gone. 

Yes. 

Although I think you'll have to explain more about what you mean by "marriage like algorithm".

And yes, SeHee really loves his cat (a source of comfortable companionship without pressure or demands), house (or rather, his space and its comfortableness) and his work (stimulating yet predictable/reliable and he's good at it anyway). He is not emotionless. He just doesn't care for other people's concern, intrusion or expectations.

At the breakfast-incident, SeHee probably was disappointed and a little taken aback but his logic knows that JiHo has that right and he acceeds. He's probably not that hurt (if at all) because he'll rationalize that he overstepped his boundaries and actually, the crux is cos he'll brush the rejection off. It's not that he's dismissing JiHo. He just doesn't think it's a big deal to react over.

These two are in a marriage of convenience, which is not unheard of. Just head to China for plenty of examples. That does not mean that it's normal. But yes, there are people who approach marriage like they're approaching math - it doesn't mean that they're emotionless though.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, piekeboeboe said:

ep1 Because This is My First Time Being Thirty
ep2 Because This is My First Kiss
ep3 Because This is My First Proposal

I think it was Because This is our first disagreement (((

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, kasjady said:

I love the titles people are coming up with LOL. 

E7 - This is my first confession 

E8 - This is my/our first date

I think I'm a bit too optimistic with my titles, maybe we'll see it in eps 10+ haha. 

Damn...that is some optimistic titles. Sadly my internet will be cut off for a week or so which means I won't be able to catch up on the show next week T ^ T Such bad timing. Hopefully there will be progress for our main couple.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, darr said:

Oh there are most definitely people like that in real life! I have a friend who is very low emotion and low anxiety. He comes across as very blunt and rude at times. But he doesn't intend to be rude. He's just very matter of fact and logical. He can seem very cold too. But the fascinating thing is that he is married and has two boys and he becomes much softer around his wife and family. This guy who I never thought had emotion is so very different with his chosen loved ones. I find it adorable when I see him cuddling his children and loving his wife. and  I'm good friends with his wife so I'm able to see how he is from her perspective. So I can definitely see SH  allowing JH to be part of his inner world and him behaving differently with her than he does to everyone else.

ive read comments about some people saying they don't want SH to change and it wojldnt be realistic, but I very strongly disagree. I think he can change and he can feel passion and love towards JH. 

• Like 14

5 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

Perhaps :

Ep7 Because This is My First Time Being Jealous :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Eisode 6 - Moral of a story

SH - Never ever use the pronoun woori when talking to JH to avoid misconception.  JH has been suffering from histrionic personality disorder having been deprived of attention from the men (father and brother)  in her life. :lol:

JH - Never ever dream to play imaginary family with SH as the father, JH as the mother and kitty their child.  SH doesn't want to play the role of a father,.  He just want to be a robot. :lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

Maybe for episode 7: Because This Is Our First Love. Who knows maybe the cliffhanger of episode 7 is another confrontation between SH and JH. Something like questioning one another if its okay to take their bond to the next level. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, chubbyzmae said:

i just curious because some people say BTIMFL is korean version of J-Dorama "We married as job"

is that true?

I never watch that Dorama, but after i reading recap from ep 1 from we married as job, i find similarities and differences too

I watched the Jdrama 'version' after getting interested in this show.

It was very cute and enjoyable but honestly had less depth and realism. The similarities in both shows are really quite minor so you won't be getting any spoilers from watching the Jdrama though

Spoiler

I wonder if the snake soup in episode 5 will make an appearance  later on and lead to hanky panky

I would recommend watching it for for some lighter hearted fun - apparently it has just won the Tokyo Drama Award and the ending credit dance was also very kawaii

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/10/26/aragaki-yui-hoshino-gen-win-2017-tokyo-drama-awards-married-job/

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, I HATE it when people call this show the Korean We Got Married As A Job. 

The two are so different in content and tone and... just, everything! Just because it's a sham marriage of convenience, and the j-drama was done first, Because This Is My First Life becomes an adptation of that drama. But sham marriages have been a Korean drama staple from early days!

I said before that I disliked the j-drama because it's so awkward (who the hell sets days for hugging...) and it's completely irrational but I think the comparisons kind of insult BTIMFL which is a story so full of depth, so human, so raw, so... real.

Well, that'a how much this show spoke to me.

• Like 9