[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

April 29, 2019

Studio Dragon Responds To Reports Of Kim Eun Sook Preparing Next Drama After “Mr. Sunshine”

Studio Dragon Responds To Reports Of Kim Eun Sook Preparing Next Drama After âMr. Sunshineâ
Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Kim Eun Sook’s agency has responded to reports of her returning with a new drama.

On April 29, reports emerged that Kim Eun Sook was preparing a new drama that was scheduled to air in March 2020. The source included in the report stated that the screenwriter was currently ironing out details for a theme and potential A-list actors to star in the production.

Her agency Studio Dragon was contacted for comment and they responded by stating, “Regarding reports that Kim Eun Sook will be returning with a new drama next March, nothing has been decided. Nothing is confirmed.”

Many people are interested to see when Kim Eun Sook will return with a new drama as she is the mastermind behind some of Korea’s most popular dramas like “A Gentleman’s Dignity,” “Heirs,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Goblin,” and “Mr. Sunshine.”

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

20190501_0.jpg

C O N G R A T S! kaoani_whiteball_01.gif

MR.SUNSHINE Alumni Kim Byung Chul & Lee Jung Eun won Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress awards, respectively.

Kim Byung Chul for SKY CASTLE ~

Lee Jung Eun for THE LIGHT IN YOUR EYES ~

article.jpg

Source: News1

• Like 2

Source: Forbes

Korea's 55th Baeksang Award Winners Include Han Ji Min, Lee Byung Hun, IU and Do Kyung Soo.

Joan MacDonald
Contributor, Hollywood & Entertainment
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

190501_55b_55.jpeg

Korea’s 55th Baeksang Awards took place on May 1 at the Coex Convention and Exhibition Center in Seoul. The annual awards ceremony, which honors outstanding achievement in the Korean entertainment industry, was hosted by singer-actress Suzy and actors Shin Dong Yup and Park Bo Gum.

Several productions earned multiple awards, with the TV drama Sky Castle, which was set in a privileged Seoul neighborhood, winning the lion’s share. The drama focused on the often machiavellian efforts of the enclave’s residents to provide an educational advantage for their children. Although the drama did not win a best drama award, director Jo Hyun Tak won Best Director, actress Yum Jung Ah won Best Actress for TV, Kim Hye Yoon won a Best New Actress TV award and Kim Byung Chul won Best Supporting Actor.

My Mister, the story of a middle aged office worker whose life is transformed when he helps an abused co-worker, won Best TV Drama and Best TV script for the screenplay, written by Jae Yeong Park. The drama starred Lee Sun Kyun, IU and Jang Ki Yong. Star IU also won a Most Popular Actress award and Jang Ki Yong won Best New Actor award for playing an upright  policeman haunted by his father’s crimes in the drama Come and Hug Me.

The Light in Your Eyes earned a Grand Prize in TV for Kim Hye Ja. The drama also starred Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk. Lee Jung Eun won a Best Supporting Actress on TV award for that drama.

• Like 1

May 2, 2019

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

Source: Soompi by J. K

Winners Of The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards celebrated some of the best of this year’s television and film!

The award ceremony held on May 1 in Seoul was attended by many of Korea’s top stars. Shin Dong Yup, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum took on the role of hosts again for the night.

The Grand Prizes went to Jung Woo Sung in the film category for his performance in “Innocent Witness” and Kim Hye Ja in the television category for her work in the JTBC drama “Radiant.”

Lee Byung Hun of “Mr. Sunshine” received the Best Actor award for television and Yum Jung Ah took home the Best Actress award for television for her performance in “Sky Castle.”

In the film category, the Best Actor award went to Lee Sung Min for “The Spy Gone North” and Han Ji Min was recognized once again for her work in “Miss Baek” when she received the Best Actress award.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Television categories:

Grand Prize: Kim Hye Ja (JTBC’s “Radiant”)
Best Drama: tvN’s “My Ahjussi”
Best Variety Show: MBC’s “Omniscient Interfering View”
Best Cultural Program: KBS’s “Journalism Talk Show J”
Best Director: Cho Hyun Tak (JTBC’s “Sky Castle”)
Best Script: Park Hae Young (“My Ahjussi”)
Art Award: Park Sung Jin (tvN’s “Memories of the Alhambra”)
Best Actor: Lee Byung Hun (tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”)
Best Actress: Yum Jung Ah (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Byung Chul (“Sky Castle”)
Best Supporting Actress: Lee Jung Eun (“Radiant”)
Best New Actor: Jang Ki Yong (MBC’s “Come and Hug Me”)
Best New Actress: Kim Hye Yoon (“Sky Castle”)
Best Male Variety Star: Jun Hyun Moo (MBC’s “I Live Alone”)
Best Female Variety Star: Lee Young Ja (“Omniscient Interfering View”)

Film categories:

Grand Prize: Jung Woo Sung (“Innocent Witness”)
Best Film: “The Spy Gone North”
Best Director: Kang Hyung Chul (“Swing Kids”)
Best New Director: Lee Ji Won (“Miss Baek”)
Art Award: Hong Kyung Pyo (“Burning”)
Best Script: Kwak Kyung Taek, Kim Tae Kyun (“Dark Figure of Crime”)
Best Actor: Lee Sung Min (“The Spy Gone North”)
Best Actress: Han Ji Min (“Miss Baek”)
Best Supporting Actor: Kim Joo Hyuk (“Believer”)
Best Supporting Actress: Kwon So Hyun (“Miss Baek”)
Best New Actor: Kim Young Kwang (“On Your Wedding Day”)
Best New Actress: Lee Jae In (“SVAHA: The Sixth Finger”)

Additional awards:

Best Short Play: Sung Soo Yeon (“Actress-1: National Robot Actress 1”)
V Live Popularity Award (Male): EXO’s D.O.
V Live Popularity Award (Female): IU
Style Icon Award: Kim Hye Soo

Congratulations to all the winners!

Source (1) (2)

• Like 1

April 28, 2019

Kim Eun-sook to Return in March? "No Confirmed Plans"

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo1057139.jpg

Will writer Kim Eun-sook return with something new in March next year?

Studio Dragon reported that no plans have been made, regarding an earlier report that Kim Eun-sook is coming out with her latest in March next year.

Kim Eun-sook is a star writer with successful dramas such as "Descendants of the Sun", "The Heirs", "Goblin", "Mr. Sunshine" and more. If she came out with something new, it would be the first time in a year and a half.

When she does come out with a new drama, it is anticipated that it will cause another syndrome.

• Like 1

May 1, 2019

55th Baeksang Arts Awards 2019 - Dramas: Winners List

Source: HanCinema.net

The 55th Baeksang Arts Awards 2019 ceremony was held on May, 1 2019 presented by Shin Dong-yup, Suzy and Park Bo-gum. Here are the winners for dramas.

photo1058569.jpg

Grand Prize (Daesang)

"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Hye-ja

Best Drama

"My Mister" - Kim Won-seok

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Seok-yoon
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Eung-bok
"Children of Nobody" - Choi Jeong-gyoo
"SKY Castle" - Jo Hyeon-tak

Best Director

"SKY Castle" - Jo Hyeon-tak

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Seok-yoon
"My Mister" - Kim Won-seok
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Ahn Gil-ho
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Eung-bok

Best Actress

"SKY Castle" - Yum Jung-ah

Nominees
"SKY Castle" - Kim Seo-hyung
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Tae-ri
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Hye-ja
"My Mister" - IU

photo1058561.jpg

Best Actor

"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Byung-hun

Nominees
"The Fiery Priest" - Kim Nam-gil
"The Crowned Clown" - Yeo Jin-goo
"My Mister" - Lee Sun-kyun
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Hyun Bin

photo1058563.jpg

Best Supporting Actress

"The Light in Your Eyes" - Lee Jung-eun

Nominees
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Min-jung
"My Mister" - Oh Na-ra
"SKY Castle" - Yoon Se-ah
"Beauty Inside - Drama" - Lee Da-hee

Spoiler

photo1058562.jpg

Best Supporting Actor

"SKY Castle" - Kim Byung-chul

Nominees
"The Crowned Clown" - Kim Sang-kyung
"Live" - Bae Sung-woo
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Son Ho-jun
"Mr. Sunshine" - Yoo Yeon-seok

Spoiler

Best New Actress

"SKY Castle" - Kim Hye-yoon

Nominees
"My Mister" - Kwon Nara
"Just Dance" - Park Se-wan
"Clear Tomorrow" - Seol In-ah
"Less Than Evil" - Lee Seol

Best New Actor

"Come and Hug Me" - Jang Ki-yong

Nominees
"My Only One" - Park Sung-hoon
"Memories of the Alhambra" - Park Hoon
"Matrimonial Chaos" - Sukku Son
"Romance is a Bonus Book" - Wi Ha-joon

Best Screenplay

"My Mister" - Park Hae-yeong

Nominees
"The Light in Your Eyes" - Kim Su-jin and Lee Nam-gyoo
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim Eun-sook
"Children of Nobody" - Do Hyeon-jeong
"SKY Castle" - Yoo Hyeon-mi

Technical Award (Including variety/reality shows)

"Memories of the Alhambra" - Park Seong-jin-II (Visual effects)

Nominees
"Mr. Sunshine" - Kim So-yeon-V (Art direction)
"Five Elements, the Origins of Civilization" - Kim Yong and Jeon Joon-woo (Cinematography)
"SKY Castle" - Oh Jae-ho (Cinematography)
"Mr. Sunshine" - Lee Yong-seop (Visual effects)

• Like 1

Hello hello @misspiggie, so good to see you at back at the thread! :lol:

But .. but.. ending.. what ending??:huh: Didn't it end when EC & AS sought help at the US Legation in Tokyo? And then EuShin lived in the US for awhile and later went to Manchuria together. LOL.. this Sunshiner is still in denial after a year and perhaps will never recover. :sweatingbullets::P

Found this lovely twitter post that we sure all agree ~

Source: @AeriKoha 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

May 3, 2019

Stars shine at annual Baeksang Art Awards: Actors Kim Hye-ja and Jung Woo-sung were granted top honors

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

02204452.jpg
From left, actors Lee Byung-hun, Yum Jung-ah, Kim Hye-ja, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Sung-min and Han Ji-min, all winners at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, pose for photos after the ceremony. Kim and Jung each received the Grand Prize - Kim for television and Jung for film. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Wednesday was a big night for the film “The Spy Gone North” and the tvN show “My Mister,” which both took home top honors at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards, which was held at Coex in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. 

As for the top awards for actors, the veteran actress Kim Hye-ja received the Grand Prize for actors in the television division, while “Innocent Witness” star Jung Woo-sung won in the film division. 

Both actors seemed to be stunned when their names were called and the audience exploded in applause for them while they walked to the stage to accept their awards. It was Kim’s fourth time receiving the prestigious award - she took her first in 1979. 

In the series “Radiant,” Kim plays an old lady in her 70s who is surprised by her suddenly aged appearance because she swears that she was in her mid-20s yesterday. As the story unfolds, it turns out she is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, a startling plot twist for viewers. 

Kim said that she was truly unprepared to make a speech, but she came to the ceremony with a page from the script of the last episode of the show. She read, “To all who are struggling in their lives, as you were born into this world, you deserve to have it all every day. Whether you have a normal day, doing nothing particularly great, it does not matter, because your life is worth living. Do not let your past, full of regrets, and your anxious future ruin your day. Live for today.” 

The prize for Best Director went to Kang Hyung-chul, who directed “Swing Kids,” while the film awards for Best Actress and Actor went to Han Ji-min from “Miss Baek” and Lee Sung-min for his role in the film “The Spy Gone North,” respectively. 

Best Screenplay went to “Dark Figure of Crime,” which is based on a real case about a serial killer who committed seven murders. Yet the detectives have a hard time investigating the crimes due to a lack of evidence and due to the statute of limitations. 

As for the television series, although the mega-hit JTBC’s “SKY Castle” failed to clutch the award for Best Drama, four actors from the show went home with awards. Yum Jung-ah received the Best Actress award, while Best Supporting Actor went to Kim Byung-chul, and Kim Hye-yoon for Best New Actress. 

The anticipation for the final episodes of “SKY Castle” was so intense that scripts for episodes 17 and 18 were leaked online, much to the dismay of the show’s producer. But it came as no surprise when Jo Hyun-tak was named Best Director for a TV Series.

Photos: Darling Yoo

Best Actor, on the other hand, went to Lee Byung-hun for his portrayal of a Korean U.S. Marine Corps officer during the Japanese colonial era in tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” Lee thanked his fellow cast and his wife Rhee Min-jung for “always being there for him and cheering him on although he wasn’t home much while the shooting [of the drama]”

The MBC show “Omniscient Interfering View,” which features assistants talking about their famous bosses, won Best Entertainment Program. Best Variety Performer awards went to Lee Young-ja for her role on the show, while Jun Hyun-moo received the prize for MBC’s “I Live Alone.” His win was deemed a surprise by many because the host is no longer part of the show due to his break up with co-host Han Hye-jin. 

Both stars quit the show soon after news of their separation broke in March. 

JTBC Plus and Ilgan Sports were the organizers of the annual ceremony, which was hosted by comedian Shin Dong-yup, actor Park Bo-gum and singer-turned-actor Suzy for the second consecutive year. 

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 2

Source: Anne Clipp

To all my #MrSunshine mutuals, I just watched an ad for a guitar app and Greensleeves was playing or as we know it, Eugene’s song and I started tearing up!! I have not been affected by a TV show like Mr. Sunshine, ever. “Some people move on, but not us.” #GunsGlorySadEnding

Source: @Reffi_angel

• Like 2

Lovely art by @mmeflm mrs.jpg

Congrats! @byunghun0712— the best actor of the Baeksang Arts Awards 2019
“Mr. Sunshine” is a really great tv drama. Too bad there’s only one prize for each category in the Baeksang Arts Awards.

Are you still missing“Mr. Sunshine”?

• Like 1