[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin HyeSun . After 'Secret Forest', Fresh Short Hair 'My Golden Life' Shooting Begun

Concluding her superb performance in 'Secret Forest', Shin HyeSun will paint September weekend family rooms with a Golden Lustre.

017227171711.jpg

From http://mbn.mk.co.kr/pages/news/newsView.php?news_seq_no=3298710

Shin HyeSun . After 'Secret Forest', Fresh Short Hair 'My Golden Life' Shooting Begun

2017-07-31 08:56

Concluding her superb performance in 'Secret Forest', Shin HyeSun will paint September weekend family rooms with a Golden Lustre.

KBS2 new weekend drama "My Golden Life" (MGL) has announced its 'ramp-up'*** operations in a cool and refreshing fashion.

September broadcast of new KBS weekend drama MGL (written by So HyunKyung, directed by Kim HyungSeok, produced by Studio Dragon), coming after 'Father is Strange', is about a woman who dreams of 'Golden Spoon' (status) with employment at a major company but succumbs to despair from the injustices and inequities of life - who nevertheless finds her own happiness in the end. To the many in despair over the idea that their parents' abilities and the help they receive from their parents are largely the determiners of the children's station in life, we can expect MGL to offer content that challenges these notion of 'criteria for happiness'.

To this end, on the 26th of July, beginning with Shin HyeSun's first shoots, KBS new weekend drama 'My Golden Life' has embarked on its epic journey. Accompanying Shin HyeSun in the role of Seo JiAn - 'struggling', **** but with a resolve to become a full time employee at a major company - the whole staff gathered in one location for their first work together. Although this being their first day, all throughout the shoot a serene, harmonious atmosphere of earnestness persisted, raising anticipations.

On the 26th, at the first shooting that began in Seoul YeongDeungPo district and GangSeo districts, in addition to Shin HyeSun, Lee TaeHwan, in her friend SunWoo Hyuk*** role, Seo EunSoo in Seo JiSoo role, etc., participated. On this day, Shin HyeSun is crossing the street while focusing on foreign language studies for employment (interview), then along with Lee TaeHwan drinking a can of beer in front of a convenience store, then having a cozy meal at a restaurant. Not only that, a scene of her walking home arm-over-shoulder with Seo EunSoo (her twin sis), and variety of other scences were 'wrapped'.

Of particular note, Shin HyeSun has cut off the long hair she had maintained for her previous work, transforming into a cool short look, injecting her freshness to the location. Even more, she arrived early on site, approached each busy staff working on the set one at a time and greeted them personally, causing response from the crew who were touched by her thoughtfulness. Shin HyeSun who had sat somewhat nervously with butterflies in anticipation of her first day of filming, when called by the staff, replied boldly "I shall do the JiAn-ee takes now", showing off her special fresh-spicy-lively charm.
Above all, MGL captain and director Kim HyungSeok ceaselessly discussed with the actors their ideas regarding the characters, and as a conductor maintaining a consistent 'fighting' spirit, with fervent energy he warmed up the location.

The crew has revealed, "With an harmonious and cheerful atmosphere from the first filming of 'My Golden Life', our anticipation for the shooting work ahead has mounted. We heartily offer to you 'My Golden Life' which will color your family rooms with warmth and laughter."

'My Golden Life' will first air in September.

sje@mkinternet.com[ⓒ mk.co.kr]

*** Says 'crank in', which I take to mean 'cranking it up'?
**** Fighting-bravely-all-alone '고군분투' has the picture of a soldier separated from his/her unit who nevertheless bravely holds own against a much more numerous enemy and improbable odds.

:love::joy::innocent::kiss_wink:

***NOTE Lee TaeHwan's role character has a rare 2-syllable last name, SunWoo, and a less uncommon 1-syllable first name Hyuk.  SunWoo Hyuk . Hyuk for short. B)

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] "My Golden Life" '황금빛 내인생' Starring Shin HyeSun, Park SiHoo, Lee TaeHwan, 박시후·신혜선·이태환
11 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

Waiting patiently for this B)

wow lee tae hwan and seo eun su are riding bicycles together.But Eun su seems like doing her part time job in this scene. But what did Lee tae-hwan is doing? play with her ?

Originally posted by emiko0601 who seems a full time PSH fan, gold spoon variety perhaps. B) Interesting cultural phenomenon watching all the BTS clips spread like wildfire of reposts to other PSH and LTH fans within an hour or so. SHS fans could only recall the JJH-LMH publicity for LotBS last year and cringe a bit. Will this forum serve as a bit more detached third leg of the stool of reportage? Will it degenerate into a class warfare of separate dirt-spoon-only and gold-spoon-only forums? Idling but inquiring minds want to know.:expressionless:

Clearly their first meeting involves a bit of a fender bender in front of a said hotel, and probably a very expensive 'bit'? Are we going to know all the dialog already too? And we know from PSH IG posts what exactly he was wearing during the group cover photo and omg someone even overlay his colorful suit on top of the sketch of the photo session so we can see what that looks like without imagining. Shall I make like Seo JiAn, swallow my dirt-spoon fan pride, and acquiesce into rabid fandom without sleep or rest? O the drama of it all.:dizzy:

Just to inform you all.

All kbs shows are aired the next day at the same time-slot with eng subs on KBS world on YouTube.

Another is that all weekend and daily dramas are uploaded on kbs world page on YouTube 1 week after they air in Korea.

So in case you want to watch a weekend or daily drama and don't trust the online sites, kbs world on YouTube is the best for kbs shows.

I am starting Father is Strange next week there. Saves me the time to search it on other sites :)

Morning chingu-deul :)

On 8/5/2017 at 9:46 AM, weris said:

wow lee tae hwan and seo eun su are riding bicycles together.But Eun su seems like doing her part time job in this scene. But what did Lee tae-hwan is doing? play with her ?

I am actually quite curious too as to why Sun Woo-Hyuk is cycling with Seo Ji-Soo. Since he is Seo Ji-An's high school classmate, naturally he would be friends with her twin too. Let's hope they will release some teaser videos / pictures soon enough... less than a month before it starts airing ^_^

Credits: d_jung5

7 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I'm confused by this sentence: What do you mean?

Oh pay me no mind, Chingu. Just trying hard to (not to?) keep some of my personal viewpoints out of posts, but this drama may touch some nerves. I for one hope to learn from a variety of viewpoints and contributors from this thread.:phew:

1 hour ago, cadymcbronzie said:

I am actually quite curious too as to why Sun Woo-Hyuk is cycling with Seo Ji-Soo.

OTOH in a self-preservation move, some, like @cadymcbronzie may already have resigned herself to second ship mode?B):wink:

20170729091726263dvbm.jpg From http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170729091726371?f=m

Actor Choi Gui-Hwa to play Kang Nam-Gu role, neighborhood bread company owner.

2017080408362926745_1.jpg From http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017080408362926745

Actor Kim Sa-Gwon to play Kim Gi-Jae role , PSH role Choi Do-Kyung's certified gold spooner BFF

Quick updates on older casting news.

2017080700526_0.jpg

From http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/08/07/2017080700539.html

[OFFICIAL] Na Young-Hee , 'My Golden Life' Appearance Confirmed, This Time PSH Mum

Na YoungHee takes on the role of No MyeongHee, mother of Choi DoKyung and CEO of HaeSung department store. Always and everywhere 'overflowing with class' :mellow: but born into a HaeSung family without a son, from her childhood educated to think that her purpose is to 'maximize profit', always judging based on wealth, she has ChaeBol blue blood running in her veins.

This is pretty big news. KBS keeps piling on the heavyweights.

History with SHS? Need only go back to earlier this year in LotBS :ph34r:B)

article.jpg&key=56823e2bff6ef3046784b81e

Best of luck to both NYH and SHS in their new (same old?) adversarial situation with a slightly different twist? :tounge_xd:

14 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

A new SHS fan? Welcome, and Do join us in the other thread dedicated to her also, would ya Chingu?

i have been loving her while watching five children drama...
yes, i am a new one. :).:heart:
would you please tell me what other thread should i join?

1 hour ago, shsdps said:

i have been loving her while watching five children drama...
yes, i am a new one. :).:heart:
would you please tell me what other thread should i join?

Her official thread here by yours truly, B)

And when you finish 5C try the SF, but start at the beginning because there are spoilers everywhere.:phew:

But be careful looking at all the stuff in SHS thread if you don't want spoilers for SF also. I'll PM you the rest.

21 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

You most definitely read my mind... LOL :D

Ima gettin tu gud at dis, no?

To all our MGL fan chingus I recommend another SHS interview translation that I enjoyed doing just now. Of all her roles so far, she think Seo JiAn might be most like her real life self. :wink:

In an effort befitting the 'Young Kook' name, Shin HyeSun became this laughing and crying Young EunSoo putting her life on the line for the investigation - and thanks to her acting ability which has gotten a notch deeper in the effort, so also did the level of perfection that 'Secret Forest' was able realize.

Q. Since your debut you have been working steadfastly without rest. This time, too, as soon as SF is over you had decided to appear on KBS2 weekend drama 'My Golden Life'. Do you have a wish to rest a bit?

SHS. SF was a pre-produced work. I rested plenty after it wrapped up. For me, the more I work more I want to work, and am having fun at it. Because I've not been around long enough nor established myself firmly in the industry, there's no margin for thoughts like 'I want to rest' in my mind.

Q. Any reason you resolved to do this role?

SHS. I've always been a fan of writer So HyunKyung. I had been wanting to work with her, and this chance came, so I'm happy. The Seo JiAn role I play is that of a single person around my age, in her first year of work, not a gold-spoon but a kid who has to live realistically under the weight of her circumstances. It's a story that our generation can readily sympathize with, and I think it'll remind me of my parents alot (laughs).

Q. The first half of 2017 flew by. The second half has begun - if you have a goal for the second half?

SHS. Doing a good job with 'My Golden Life', other than that there're no other goals. I really hope the drama does well, and that in that role my acting would go well without looking awkward.

With each translated interview, our confidence in her great attitude and hard work resulting in MGL success also grows. :sweatingbullets:

Archived