[OFFICIAL] Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun Couple (JiBong/JiJi Couple)

stucked

13 minutes ago, malaya said:

Exactly. They were both lost. Sure they talked about Wookie's going to move his head to right first and Hyunie to the right, he's going to hold her head and that she's going to slowly move backwards as they kiss when its "light, camera, action". But from the BTS and the actual footage that was shown in the episode, they indeed were going thru their instincts and were very much all over each other. That's prolly why I remember @riririru posted that she heard one of the production staff say "opposite" (angle/side?). I think they were so in the moment they might have forgotten to change angles or movement so the production staff has to make the adjustments themselves and not the actors who were so into the moment and PD-nim and everyone just let them be. :lol:

In the final cut of the 3rd kiss for example, there were several angles and not counting NGs must have taken several takes (putting on my fake film student hat :lol:) just off my memory since watching these kisses countless of times its embedded in my memory by now:

1. establishing shot (outside of NJW's house after the laundrymat scene)

2. wide shot - NJW and EBH enters with NJW carrying the basket

3. medium shot as they said goodnight to each other after that brief kiss

4. over the shoulder shot for each of their angles as they each turn towards each other

5. middle shot for the passionate kiss, then EBH put down the basket 

6. extreme close up of BH of her arms 

7. close up and extreme close up of their passionate kiss, then medium shot of the kiss with all those superimposed images and effects

8. then we pan to the bedroom with them entering in shadowy light (soft) - here in the practice, PD-NIM said EBH was suppose to undress/take off NJW's coat but someone's in a hurry that NJW himself took off his suit jacket with not much help from EBH.

Love this! :heart:

So true, he took the jacket off himself with less help from EBH plus they didnt even break the kiss from the door to the bed.

• Like 14

21 hours ago, daloula said:

@attriste translated some of the JCW's first look interview from chinese but couldn't share it on the main thread so I'm doing it on her behalf (thank you for the effort :wub:):

http://magazine.firstlook.co.kr/archives/star/141_coverstory

fossil translation (I took interesting parts) - still translating but i gotta take a break

- Can you talk about your first love?: Officially, high school. I still occasionally think about it, after all it was my first love. Although we were both young and it somehow ended in a muddle, but I really liked her then.

- Do you take the initiative to approach girls first?  It depends on the situation and who is the other person. Sometimes I will be very active in initiating, but other times I will silently worry about it. I behave differently with different people.

- What is the complicated side of Ji Chang Wook? Its a secret, haha. Ah, if I can express it easily then it won't be complicated already. To put it this way, I am very complicated?/ I have many complex sides.

- Dreams (the question mondaycouple translated): Yes, I want to be a happy person. When I was young I didn't think much regarding "ordinary Ji Chang Wook". In these 30 years, I seem to have just held the dream of the "actor Ji Chang Wook", continually chasing the goal of being an actor and the roles I wanted. However, I had a moment where I thought " although I am an actor, but I am also someone's son, friend, and in future I will be somebody's husband, dad.. then how should I live better?" Then, I got the answer. I want a happy and beautiful life. I want to be a person that, whoever looks at me, will think " I want to spend time with this person". I want to be that sort of person.

Thanks @attriste for the translations (both Hyunie's Ceci and this one of Wookie's) and @daloula for posting it again. I need to do some serious backreading - I think I missed the bulk of your translations of the Ceci interview and this new one. 

From this interview, I can sense a great  shift in Wookie's views and life goals. He must have some serious conversations to himself last year when filming Fabricated City and so much more deeper contemplations this year.  The way he phrased his words in "settling down and being with someone and being a good father" (happy husband/wife + happy parent/happy child/(ren) = happy family = amounts to a happy and beautiful life), hints a strong determination to taking actions to achieve these goals. I don't know but I really see him wanting to get married in the short term. 

I just want to clarify something, he already started talking about becoming someone's husband during the Fabricated City interviews so before SP: https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/14/interview-ji-chang-wook-fabricated-city-press-interview-compilation-image-heavy/amp/

Thanks for this link @daloula. I rather found these comments (from these hodgepodge of interviews from the press round up) very interesting because he certainly deviated and we have proof he watched episodes of his no. 1 favorite and recommended drama and even make a commentary at his concert/fan meet. Heh!

“I couldn’t watch the movie comfortably even during the sneak preview. I’m the type who cannot watch my own shows comfortably, so it was even worse since this is my first movie. The image was shown on a large screen and the audio was also loud because we watched it in a cinema, so I couldn’t get used to it.”

“A lot of people around me asked me how was the movie. But it is actually hard for me to comment because I’m unable to watch the movie from the perspective of an audience member…I was very nervous. I’ll leave it to the audience to comment about the movie (laughs).”

“Rather than thinking ‘Is this scene interesting?’, more thoughts of regrets towards my acting came to mind instead. My mind was constantly filled with thoughts like ‘Wouldn’t I be able to act more interestingly in that scene if I had a little more experience?’, so I tried asking (Ahn) Jae Hong hyung after watching the movie. Only after Jae Hong hyung said, ‘It was very interesting’ then I said, ‘Is that so?’ and felt a little more at ease.”

I wonder if above is the reason aside from scheduling conflicts (I believe PD-nim or DoP (cinematographer? was out of the country?). He's not comfortable doing commentaries of his own film/drama. He will end up being such a big critique and will prolly give it a negative score? LOL! 

“Actually, I didn’t really do monitoring even when I was filming dramas. I will only watch the beginning to check the tone of my acting. Even though I tried to look back and watch, I didn’t make it a point that I had to watch it. I think the most important thing is to take reference from the director’s advice and what I sense during filming. Also important are how well the actors work together, and whether I’ve given a correct interpretation through my acting. This is especially so for dramas. It’s not possible for me to watch again and make changes to show better acting when the episodes have already aired. It is better to be focused at the moment when you are filming.”

Seriously though, I think one of the reasons Wookie's not able to participate in the commentary is the legal ramifications. If the DVD will officially come out to the market and be available in 2018 which is during his MS then likely that would be against the rules (indirectly participating in the practice of his profession as an actor). 

Maybe when he is out of MS, they can do a special edition of the DVD or blue ray cut and have him participate in the commentary with both him and Hyunie and they can do promos for it. That would really be great fan service and I think a win for SBS. 

• Like 15

@paulizano actor ever called an actress SEXY like uri wookie did and least of all called yeppuda like cheerleader ji chang wook keke LOL :lol:

@malaya I gotta agree with all that you said when comparing both the BTS and thank you for bringing it up. the hand movement was one of the things that gave away wookie big time keke. :D:D

when its all nicely tucked in 

QWuguKl.jpg

wookies efforts in tucking the entire thing out with his hand movement LOL :lol:

Ln5Qwz8.jpg

@m i s z CHEN reading how you tried bending you ears made me bend mine LOL. Thats super uncomfortable yet these two were totally oblivious to what ever was making them uncomfortable LOL.

@Buldok @genxv @lovethatlook @Loyal_ss520 Thank you for all the pics and GIFs

To all the chingus out here a big shout out  for making the thread move even amidst all this chaos!! :heart:

Edited by masthu
soompi get back to normal palli palli
  • Like 17

32 minutes ago, malaya said:

From this interview, I can sense a great  shift in Wookie's views and life goals. He must have some serious conversations to himself last year when filming Fabricated City and so much more deeper contemplations this year.  The way he phrased his words in "settling down and being with someone and being a good father" (happy husband/wife + happy parent/happy child/(ren) = happy family = amounts to a happy and beautiful life), hints a strong determination to taking actions to achieve these goals. I don't know but I really see him wanting to get married in the short term. 

Definitely agree with you on this one chingu - i think he realized looking back that during his 20s, he had to make a living. he was so busy chasing after the dream of being an actor, to act, make money and just live that he didnt realize he's already 30. now that his 20s have passed, and that he is in his 30s, it's time for him to reflect on what he wants. fame? he's achieved it. financial stability? he's achieved it. what is missing? he probably thought about this a lot. now that he has achieved being an actor and have financial stability, he probably thought about the next chapter in life: a different side of JCW. a son, a future husband, a future dad.

i think that's why he mentioned in his 30s he's gonna take it more slow. he'll continue doing what he enjoys (acting) whether it be in dramas, plays, etc but he is going to take it easy. it's time for him to start love..*AHEM* as if he hasn't already. that's why i think it's perfect timing, like i say in a lot of my posts. after his MS, hyunnie will have graduated, they can date for a few years, and get settle in and get married. yes hyunnie will probably want to focus on her career post graduation, but hyunnie acts because she enjoys it. while she wants to get recognized for her acting, shes not one that is chasing for fame. shes happy where she is. she's mentioned it a ew times. if things are the way they are now, she is perfectly content. she doesn't care for the fame and popularity. she just wants to act because she enjoys it and live a happy life. thats why i dont think her career will be a barrier for them. it's not like she's chasing to be a top star and dating will get in the way. she genuinely just wants to act because she enjoys it.

hyunnie and him both strive to live happy and normal lives - they cant be more perfect for one another. they understand each other, theyre comfortable with each other and they bring out the best in each other. wookie is a child, no doubt, but he can also be serious when needed. he's mature but he also needs a partner who is bubbly and positive in life - because that's the life he wants to live. one that is simple, normal and happy. both of them are food addicts. wookie loves food and he enjoys eating food. hyunnie no doubt loves eating food too as we see her always with her friends out. she's enjoying the college life of being a student and eating out. although wookie is more expressive in his actions (skinship, following hyunnie everywhere, cant take eyes off of him), i can tell that hyunnie is also madly and deeply in love with him. she cares a lot about him, as we all know wookie said she was worried and he reassured her, oppa will be okay dont worry. on the day of his enlistment, she posted a sad face. although she didnt directly tie it to wookie, we all know that was a sad day because he was enlisting.

she posted a pic of the necklace, BOLD. she purposely wanted to show off the necklace. we all went through a storm and she boldly answered, yes, it was a GIFT during her vlive.

i cant wait until wookie is back out! but i wish they can also quietly date during these 2 years. as wookie said, MS is NOT a barrier to love.

8 minutes ago, masthu said:

@paulizano actor ever called an actress SEXY like uri wookie did and least of all called yeppuda like cheerleader ji chang wook keke LOL :lol:

wookie seriously is TOO BUSY. he has TOO MANY ROLES. hyunnie photographer, microphone holder, CHEERLEADER. LOL what else did I miss? i love his little actions towards his girl. he's so sweet <3

• Like 24

2 hours ago, gglex6275 said:

wahahahaha!!! I tried it on my ear, didn't feel anything at all, must be because my ear is kinda really small and soft, really my sister often told me. 

Bwahaha! I had to watch Hyunie's ears if its the same as yours and perhaps its possible she has the same reaction as yours. LOL! :lol:But nah! I don't think she was thinking of anything else when she's being kissed-like-there's-no-tomorrow and her being an active participant too and giving it to Wookie in equal measure and more! 

It's like a game of one-upmanship. If Wookie teaches her how to open-mouth kiss and do a little bit of tongue action....gurl gave it to him (RAWR) and boy he probably forgot his name is Ji Chang Wook and that his got a rep for being such a great kisser! :ph34r:

As they say, there's a moment there, the teacher got schooled. B)

• Like 15

Yes, Yes I know JCW, you are coming up with every excuse to say her name and say that she is pretty! LOL!!

Seems like he like to say her name and call pretty at every chance he gets, at the vlive, at the presscon, at the concert? Chincha, Uri JCW you are hopeless!

But then, we Namji Shippers know everything right? You just wanted to say to her that she is pretty with the guise of reading out a fan message! LMAO I totally get it 

vid cr to @taonaka

• Like 12

[Article] 'Suspicious Partner' From Ji Chang Wook to Nara, it is a friendly promotion

old article
0003530763_001_20170504104513090.jpg?typ

'Suspicious Partner' Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun, Choi Tae Joon and Nara finished the drama promotion in a friendly atmosphere.

On May 4, 'SBS Suspicious Partner Love in Trouble' live broadcast was held through portal site Naver V drama.

On that day, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun revealed behind-the-scenes story about the dance teaser, and Ji Chang Wook said, "I didn't have to practice dancing for the teaser shooting, and no one taught me to dance. I creaked"

Nara was asked to appeal her charm and she mentioned her neckline, "My fans said my neckline is pretty because I have long neck. So I'm pushing my neckline as my charm." Ji Chang Wook said, "I have an exposure in this drama. You'll know if you watch it and the no abs will be a charm this time. I'm going to show you a body that's clearly different from the previous one."

Nam Ji Hyun said, "I like my eyes the most. It is a part where I am confident. The atmosphere will change a lot according to how I did my makeup." Choi Tae Joon said, "My hands are big enough to cover everyone's face with one hand."

Then they were asked about what chemistry did they expected. They revealed that they're looking forward to Ji Chang Wook and Choi Tae Joon's bromance and Nam Ji Hyun and Nara's womance. Ji Chang Wook said, "The script is really fun. Probably the relationship and colour of the characters will be colourful and fun. There is a fun that differentiates from the usual romantic comedy.

Nara said, "'Suspicious Partner' an obvious drama that is not like an obvious drama." and raised the heat for PR. Choi Tae Joon added, "There was not a lot of hard work. Heavy drama can be harder to watch, but we have the energy to be able to solve even the toughest events happily. I think you can enjoy watching it."

0003530763_002_20170504104513103.jpg?typ

In addition, Nam Ji Hyun said that the shooting scene of 'Suspicious Partner' is a place where laughter never stops and revealed, "They are really fun partners." Ji Chang Wook said, "The chemistry between the actors is very good. It's a 'chemistry hell'".

When asked about rating pledged, Nara said, "I will treat coffee truck in Myeongdong if it exceeds 15%" and Ji Chang Wook said, "All of us will go anywhere that you want." In addition, Nara said, "May 9 is the presidential election, May 10 is our first broadcast. Look forward to it."

Ji Chang Wook said, "I hope that you will love our drama 'Suspicious Partner.' I think it will be fun. Our drama is not as bleak as this V app, so I hope you will watch it. Nam Ji Hyun said, "I really hope you will laugh a lot after watching the drama because it is really bright and pleasant drama. Please participate in the voting too."

Choi Tae Joon said, "Let's use our precious votes. We hope you watch our dramas as important as the votes. We are having fun shooting with the good actors. It's well contained so look forward to our light, pleasant and upbeat drama."

Meanwhile, 'Suspicious Partner is a romance drama where Noh Ji Wook and Eun Bong Hee grows while fighting and reconciled with the prejudiced world. The drama stars Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun, Choi Tae Joon and Nara. The first broadcast is at 10 PM on the May 10.

• Like 16

[Article] 'Suspicious Partner' Hello Venus Nara "I'm surprised for Nam Ji Hyun dancing skill" praise

May 05, 2017  /   No comments   

0003530763_002_20170504104513103.jpg?typ

Hello Venus Nara praised Nam Ji Hyun's dancing skill.

Main characters of 'Suspicious Partner' (script Kwon Ki Young / director Park Seon Ho / production team The Story Works), Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun, Choi Tae Joon and Kwon Nara revealed their drama shooting set through Naver V Live on April 4.

After watching the teaser video that became a hot topic, Ji Chang Wook said, "I did not have dance practice. I think I'm immersed emotionally." Then Nam Ji Hyun said, "We also practised for only two times."

Ji Chang Wook was nicknamed as 'Jreak (Ji Chang Wook + Creak)', but Nam Ji Hyun was well received for dancing. On that day, Nara also praised "I was so surprised that she was really good at dancing." Ji Chang Wook and Choi Tae Joon are the same. Nam Ji Hyun said, "Did I discover a talent that I don't know?"

{Omitted details of the drama}

[TV Report + Naver] 'Suspicious Partner' Hello Venus Nara "I'm surprised for Nam Ji Hyun dancing skill" praise
  • Like 19

7 hours ago, malaya said:

Exactly. They were both lost. Sure they talked about Wookie's going to move his head to right first and Hyunie to the left (in sync), he's going to hold her head and that she's going to slowly move backwards as they kiss when its "light, camera, action". But from the BTS and the actual footage that was shown in the episode, they indeed were going thru their instincts and were very much all over each other. That's prolly why I remember @riririru posted that she heard one of the production staff say "opposite" (angle/side?). I think they were so in the moment they might have forgotten to change angles or movement so the production staff has to make the adjustments themselves and not the actors who were so into the moment and PD-nim and everyone just let them be. :lol:

In the final cut of the 3rd kiss for example, there were several angles and not counting NGs must have taken several takes (putting on my fake film student hat :lol:) just off the top of my head/remembered since watching these kisses countless of times it should be embedded in my memory by now: :lol:

1. establishing shot (outside of NJW's house after the laundrymat scene)

2. wide shot - NJW and EBH enters with NJW carrying the basket

3. medium shot as they said goodnight to each other after that brief kiss

4. over the shoulder shot for each of their angles as they each turn towards each other

5. middle shot for the passionate kiss, then EBH put down the basket 

6. extreme close up of BH of her arms 

7. close up and extreme close up of their passionate kiss, then medium shot of the kiss with all those superimposed images and effects

8. then we pan to the bedroom with them entering in shadowy light (soft) - here in the practice, PD-NIM said EBH was suppose to undress/take off NJW's coat but someone's in a hurry that NJW himself took off his suit jacket with not much help from EBH. Also remembered, Hyunie mentioning in one of her interviews, she bumped her head/hurt a bit during that scene. That tells me they weren't being careful and just kiss hungrily like a passionate couple wanting to get to the bed and get it on. :ph34r:

Love everything that you said unnie!!!  At first I didnt get it why the production staff said "opposite" but now I do. The entire SP team seems to be shippers. They must be like lets not spoil the fun of these 2 love birds. Lets do our best to manage shootting the scene without disturbing them. I hope  that I didnt hallucinate the entire thing but I kinda saw that she banged her head against the door (need to rewatch in slow motion and i'll confirm it). 

Very enlightening post. heartu.

5 hours ago, m i s z CHEN said:

Definitely agree with you on this one chingu - i think he realized looking back that during his 20s, he had to make a living. he was so busy chasing after the dream of being an actor, to act, make money and just live that he didnt realize he's already 30. now that his 20s have passed, and that he is in his 30s, it's time for him to reflect on what he wants. fame? he's achieved it. financial stability? he's achieved it. what is missing? he probably thought about this a lot. now that he has achieved being an actor and have financial stability, he probably thought about the next chapter in life: a different side of JCW. a son, a future husband, a future dad.

i think that's why he mentioned in his 30s he's gonna take it more slow. he'll continue doing what he enjoys (acting) whether it be in dramas, plays, etc but he is going to take it easy. it's time for him to start love..*AHEM* as if he hasn't already. that's why i think it's perfect timing, like i say in a lot of my posts. after his MS, hyunnie will have graduated, they can date for a few years, and get settle in and get married. yes hyunnie will probably want to focus on her career post graduation, but hyunnie acts because she enjoys it. while she wants to get recognized for her acting, shes not one that is chasing for fame. shes happy where she is. she's mentioned it a ew times. if things are the way they are now, she is perfectly content. she doesn't care for the fame and popularity. she just wants to act because she enjoys it and live a happy life. thats why i dont think her career will be a barrier for them. it's not like she's chasing to be a top star and dating will get in the way. she genuinely just wants to act because she enjoys it.

hyunnie and him both strive to live happy and normal lives - they cant be more perfect for one another. they understand each other, theyre comfortable with each other and they bring out the best in each other. wookie is a child, no doubt, but he can also be serious when needed. he's mature but he also needs a partner who is bubbly and positive in life - because that's the life he wants to live. one that is simple, normal and happy. both of them are food addicts. wookie loves food and he enjoys eating food. hyunnie no doubt loves eating food too as we see her always with her friends out. she's enjoying the college life of being a student and eating out. although wookie is more expressive in his actions (skinship, following hyunnie everywhere, cant take eyes off of him), i can tell that hyunnie is also madly and deeply in love with him. she cares a lot about him, as we all know wookie said she was worried and he reassured her, oppa will be okay dont worry. on the day of his enlistment, she posted a sad face. although she didnt directly tie it to wookie, we all know that was a sad day because he was enlisting.

she posted a pic of the necklace, BOLD. she purposely wanted to show off the necklace. we all went through a storm and she boldly answered, yes, it was a GIFT during her vlive.i cant wait until wookie is back out! but i wish they can also quietly date during these 2 years. as wookie said, MS is NOT a barrier to love.

wookie seriously is TOO BUSY. he has TOO MANY ROLES. hyunnie photographermicrophone holder, CHEERLEADER. LOL what else did I miss? i love his little actions towards his girl. he's so sweet <3

I gotta agree with all that you said. Hyunnie isnt after FAME. She loves doing what she does and she's after that satisfaction she gains outta acting. Hyunnie going to uni while oppa goes to MS proves that she would do anything when it comes to LOVE. She even gave up acting temporarily to focus on uni and make the wait easier. Hyunnie recieved so much love and fame through SP and who in their right mind would take a temporary hiatus?? Hyunnie definitely would because she values the people who loves her and she wouldn't let acting nor fame stand in the way of her happiness and the love of her life. Hyunnie strikes me as a person who wouldn't fall for anyone easily but when she does fall she falls real hard and is ready to fight for the love she found and that particular person. Just like bong hee hyunnie is no joke. She means what she says and does what she feel is right, come hell or high water. just like MS is no barrier for wookie's love, MS is no big deal for hyunnie either bcz she's strong, focused and gives her all when it comes to acting or the love of her life. 

lemme add hairstylist and part time massage therapist to that list :wink:

• Like 20