[Thai Drama 2017] Princess Hours รักวุ่นๆ เจ้าหญิงจอมจุ้น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just watched ep1,

its available on youtube with english sub, it's watchable and understandable eventhough there are a few missing script here and there. if you want to watch it. i recommend you to download asap or watch it asap before its gone. 

to me.. the episode one is below expectation. the set and wardrobe all stunning... but im not fancy the acting. 

for me... patty is way too overreact, the over annoyed face expression doesn't suit her face. can't blame her, probably the script need her to overreact as the real chaekyung was overreact as hell. it's the original character, but the problem is.. i think patty is too pretty and thin to act that kind of characteristic. 

but overall episode is not bad. it is still fun to watch. and what i like about thai remake is they always improvise the story to add on their own story, so its doesn't 100% copy the original story line. For example, chaekyung was art student, but her dream is to be a fashion designer.. but khaning want to be an artist. Lee Shin's girlfriend (min hyorin? forgot her character name, but songjihyo was the actress for the character) is a ballerina, but Inn's girlfriend is an archer athlete.. it's interesting. i want to see what's more they add on to the story, hopefully its not going to ruin overall storyline. but to see how they did in previous series (kiss me and fullhouse) with the add on story... i don't worry about it at all. 

i annoyed with nakhun's mom face expression too..

On 5/2/2017 at 2:35 PM, yoyo_icecube said:

i just watched ep1,

its available on youtube with english sub, it's watchable and understandable eventhough there are a few missing script here and there. if you want to watch it. i recommend you to download asap or watch it asap before its gone. 

to me.. the episode one is below expectation. the set and wardrobe all stunning... but im not fancy the acting. 

for me... patty is way too overreact, the over annoyed face expression doesn't suit her face. can't blame her, probably the script need her to overreact as the real chaekyung was overreact as hell. it's the original character, but the problem is.. i think patty is too pretty and thin to act that kind of characteristic. 

but overall episode is not bad. it is still fun to watch. and what i like about thai remake is they always improvise the story to add on their own story, so its doesn't 100% copy the original story line. For example, chaekyung was art student, but her dream is to be a fashion designer.. but khaning want to be an artist. Lee Shin's girlfriend (min hyorin? forgot her character name, but songjihyo was the actress for the character) is a ballerina, but Inn's girlfriend is an archer athlete.. it's interesting. i want to see what's more they add on to the story, hopefully its not going to ruin overall storyline. but to see how they did in previous series (kiss me and fullhouse) with the add on story... i don't worry about it at all. 

i annoyed with nakhun's mom face expression too..

The main subber is at dailymotion.

On 5/3/2017 at 2:56 AM, clon_105 said:

thank you!! I wanna wathc with eng subs.. where i have to go? I just watch in youtube the unsub versions.. D:

found ep1 (subbed) on youtube. you can just google it. or try dailymotion like @whitedove said

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone for the information on where to watch with English subs. I found 2 different subbers on youtube, although it looks like everyone was using the main youtube channels' subs until episode 3. I tried dailymotion but could only find episode 1 subbed, then I read in another forum that that person had decided to drop the project because someone else was doing it in YT. I cried because the dailymotion subs were so much clearer to me than the YT ones. 

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that this show is being subbed and am eternally grateful to all subbers. I understand that english isn't their first language and they try their best, but the grammar and spelling mistakes really get to me sometimes and some of the translations are difficult for me to understand because of the vocabulary.. I think I am getting the main points of the dialogue though. Sorry, rant over. I truly do appreciate all of the hard work these subbers are doing and am very grateful to be able to watch this show as I have been looking forward to it for over a year. It's the same production company as Full House and Kiss Me, which I really enjoyed.  It's very interesting that they have made the second female lead an Olympic level archer. I like how she told the Prince  she wanted to focus on her archery since the Olympics were close, and to "wait for me" when he asked her to marry him. I think this attitude makes so much more sense than the korean version where the second female lead was so definite in her rejection and then seemingly out of nowhere was super jealous when he got married to the point of abandoning her coveted spot at the ballet company that she had been so adamant about taking.  It seemed really out of character, whereas here in the Thai version you can more clearly see the setup for her character to be conflicted about the marriage news. 

Hi everyone! I am loving this remake of Princess Hours and I love the leads and the second lead male too hihi. Loving the grandma queen and Khaning's family but I'm not a fan Nanghun(?)'s mom, the actress portraying her is kinda annoying but overall I love all the cast. I am excited for Episode 5 later tonight and I am so happy subs for episode 4 is out

They allowed to sleep together (so no forced wedding night) :blink:

The story pace seems a lot faster than Korean ver :mellow:

1 hour ago, clon_105 said:

TrueVision should puts eng subs in the official episodes... that help so much for the views in the channel...

They probably don't bother lol. What's important for them is domestic ratings anyway. True4U is a bit in a bind right now, since their drama ratings are flopping and have fallen behind Workpoint for a while now. At the moment, they're like 5th or 6th among the channels in terms of dramas. Getting international attention is probably the least they're thinking at the moment.

It's good to invest in subbing teams of course, but they probably don't want to waste money over that when they should be focusing the money for domestic promotion. Come to think of it, none of the channels have subbing teams themselves.

3 hours ago, whitedove said:

They probably don't bother lol. What's important for them is domestic ratings anyway. True4U is a bit in a bind right now, since their drama ratings are flopping and have fallen behind Workpoint for a while now. At the moment, they're like 5th or 6th among the channels in terms of dramas. Getting international attention is probably the least they're thinking at the moment.

It's good to invest in subbing teams of course, but they probably don't want to waste money over that when they should be focusing the money for domestic promotion. Come to think of it, none of the channels have subbing teams themselves.

I think GMM TV has an english subbing team. A lot of the videos on their Youtube channel are subbed when they are released. I agree with @clon_105  that I wish other channels would sub their videos. Sorry to hear that True4U isn't doing well in Thailand. I hope they can turn things around and get better ratings since they are the broadcaster for Halo Productions. I've liked the past Halo dramas I've seen-Ful House and Kiss Me, and I'm enjoying Princess Hours so far.

I watched episode (English subed) 4 on Youtube last night. Overall, I like the story and I am not bothered that it does not strictly follow the Korean story-line.  My only problem is that Khaning acts too childish.  I understand that she has never been in a relationship or dated before; however, she is old enough to act more mature.  I believe it was stated in the first episode that she is a freshman in college; however, she acts like a freshman in high school. I do not know if this drama is pre-produced; if it is not, please have Khaning grow up quickly. She can still be lively and have a zest for life without being "goofy"

If the writers wrote more romance in the story, I am happy, after all they are married.  If the crown prince does not step down from his position and give it to his sister, I am more pleased.   

Archived