'The Swordsman' poster with reviews, releasing today!!

120040588_2781550505456980_2701310329839

And new interview video by CGV on youtube, facebook and instagram, with some BTS scenes included. JH mentioned that he thought the poster above will be used as the official poster but it got changed to the current one later.

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup I like this poster better :P not that the other one is bad though. 

Actually among the 2 current ones, I prefer the 'poke-eye' version though they mainly use the other one. But I still prefer them to this one, as I think this one made Tae-yul look too helpless. The current ones make him look more in-control.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually among the 2 current ones, I prefer the 'poke-eye' version though they mainly use the other one. But I still prefer them to this one, as I think this one made Tae-yul look too helpless. The current ones make him look more in-control.

Ah maybe that was the point, maybe they didn’t want him to look helpless. I like that “sense of danger” though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

When I saw this new one, I actually thought that it was of a different movie and that the person in the front was a woman. Seriously. :blink: I guess it was the hair and the fact that you can hardly see his face in the poster that makes JH look feminine in this poster, so I'm glad it wasn't used...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ding77 said:

I like this one too, but they should hv kept some of the messy hair out of his face, too much grease and mess. :P

You mean the original one or this one?

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

When I saw this new one, I actually thought that it was of a different movie and that the person in the front was a woman. Seriously. :blink: I guess it was the hair and the fact that you can hardly see his face in the poster that makes JH look feminine in this poster, so I'm glad it wasn't used...

Now that you say it, it does indeed look feminine haha...

• Like 2

Some reviews from movie-goers:

It's a real historical drama version of Taken John Wick. It's an action-like and exhilarating movie.

Actor Jang Hyuk is really popular these days. Please show us.

An action film that blows away the stress of  corona.

Jang Hyuk's action performance is perfect for the audience.The story is simple, but the action-killing movie is filled with action.

The action was good and the story line was fun, it was like a Joseon version of Taken, time passes so fast

Jang Hyuk's action scene is no joke. I watched it without realizing the time went by.

It's action killing feel... Make sure you watch it~~~

I haven't seen any movies lately, but I haven't seen any interesting movies in a while.I was satisfied with the production and visual beauty.

I went to the movie theater with my wife for the first time in a while, and it's beyond my expectations

Jang Hyuk and Lee Min Hyuk's acting stood out.

Great job, Jang Hyuk! I could see the best swordsman. And Jang Hyuk, who shows the best action, and the sound of the swords clashing with each other is sharp and heavy. His sword is freedom itself.

Jang Hyuk's life movie came out. So good. I want to see it again at the theater.

It seems that a swordsman Jang Hyuk made his debut as an actor.

It was the best movie I've seen recently. It's so much fun.~

It's been a while since I've had a lot of fun. I strongly recommend it.

It's just fun...Action movies are meant to be obvious. If you think this is obvious and boring, go watch Christopher Nolan's mind-boggling movie.

A movie in which sound is another main character. Is that why the subtitle is sword's song?

To the Joseon dyanasty audience, Jang Hyuk is still Jang Hyuk 

As expected, good~~~The action is fantastic.

The movie is full of fancy action. The actors' voices are also the best.

As expected, Jang Hyuk's action performance is best

Without Jang Hyuk, a movie that started and ended with Jang Hyuk, such a perfect action film could not have been born.

Jang Hyuk, let's go to Hollywood now!!

Best sword movie in 36 years.

I haven't seen a movie like this in a long time. I've seen it so well. If you're going to complain about this movie then don't watch it

Action is no joke. I totally agree with the term "Taken of Joseon"

It was more than expected, a spectacular action scenes that relieve stress. 

Enjoying action without thinking. I don't want to think about anything these days.

As expected, Jang Hyuk is the best.

Nice visual. I'll see it once more.

Jang Hyuk's emotional acting. Goosebumps. But when I look at Jang Hyuk, the swordsman, I thought of Chuno and it was so funny thinking about this for 30 minutes.

The action scene was so cool and the story was so refreshing without any frustration, so I really enjoyed it. Recommendation!

Although it seems like a typical story repeated many times before, but the important thing is the immersion level, even comparing it to Mulan.

Mulan vs. Swordsman... Swordsman!

The action was good, but the story was too predictable. It's fun though.

Trust me, Hyuk! Action & Acting!

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=tab_etc&mra=bkEw&pkid=68&os=6009919&query=영화 검객 평점

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 2

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Some reviews from movie-goers:

It's a real historical drama version of Taken John Wick. It's an action-like and exhilarating movie.

Actor Jang Hyuk is really popular these days. Please show us.

An action film that blows away the stress of  corona.

Jang Hyuk's action performance is perfect for the audience.The story is simple, but the action-killing movie is filled with action.

The action was good and the story line was fun, it was like a Joseon version of Taken, time passes so fast

Jang Hyuk's action scene is no joke. I watched it without realizing the time went by.

It's action killing feel... Make sure you watch it~~~

I haven't seen any movies lately, but I haven't seen any interesting movies in a while.I was satisfied with the production and visual beauty.

I went to the movie theater with my wife for the first time in a while, and it's beyond my expectations

Jang Hyuk and Lee Min Hyuk's acting stood out.

Great job, Jang Hyuk! I could see the best swordsman. And Jang Hyuk, who shows the best action, and the sound of the swords clashing with each other is sharp and heavy. His sword is freedom itself.

Jang Hyuk's life movie came out. So good. I want to see it again at the theater.

It seems that a swordsman Jang Hyuk made his debut as an actor.

It was the best movie I've seen recently. It's so much fun.~

It's been a while since I've had a lot of fun. I strongly recommend it.

It's just fun...Action movies are meant to be obvious. If you think this is obvious and boring, go watch Christopher Nolan's mind-boggling movie.

A movie in which sound is another main character. Is that why the subtitle is sword's song?

To the Joseon dyanasty audience, Jang Hyuk is still Jang Hyuk 

As expected, good~~~The action is fantastic.

The movie is full of fancy action. The actors' voices are also the best.

As expected, Jang Hyuk's action performance is best

Without Jang Hyuk, a movie that started and ended with Jang Hyuk, such a perfect action film could not have been born.

Jang Hyuk, let's go to Hollywood now!!

Best sword movie in 36 years.

I haven't seen a movie like this in a long time. I've seen it so well. If you're going to complain about this movie then don't watch it

Action is no joke. I totally agree with the term "Taken of Joseon"

It was more than expected, a spectacular action scenes that relieve stress. 

Enjoying action without thinking. I don't want to think about anything these days.

As expected, Jang Hyuk is the best.

Nice visual. I'll see it once more.

Jang Hyuk's emotional acting. Goosebumps. But when I look at Jang Hyuk, the swordsman, I thought of Chuno and it was so funny thinking about this for 30 minutes.

The action scene was so cool and the story was so refreshing without any frustration, so I really enjoyed it. Recommendation!

Although it seems like a typical story repeated many times before, but the important thing is the immersion level, even comparing it to Mulan.

Mulan vs. Swordsman... Swordsman!

The action was good, but the story was too predictable. It's fun though.

Trust me, Hyuk! Action & Acting!

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=tab_etc&mra=bkEw&pkid=68&os=6009919&query=영화 검객 평점

Now, when can I see this movie :cries3:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

You mean the original one or this one?

Now that you say it, it does indeed look feminine haha...

I meant I prefer these 2 lol. But I took a 2nd look to make sure it's JH in the most recent one haha, I agree it's kind of feminine. :P The knife-to-the-eye poster was too dark and that photo doesn't really look like JH to me. Think the teasers revealed too much, that's why some people think the story was predictable. But anyway, so happy to read all the good reviews. Hopefully we'll get to see it soon with subs. :D

120040588-2781550505456980-2701310329839

1200px-The-Swordsman-2020.jpg

• Like 5

Pre-sold in 55 countries around the world.Official Invitation to the 40th Hawaii Film Festival 'Cooling'

The chase action film "The Swordsman" (directed by Choi Jae-hoon, produced by Opus Pictures) was sold in 55 countries in advance and officially invited to the 40th Hawaii International Film Festival.

"The Swordsman," which is well-received for its intense story and sword fighting action that has never been seen before, has been sold in 55 countries around the world. This proved the keen interest of foreign buyers by achieving pre-sales success in major Southeast Asian countries, including North America, Germany, Spain, Russia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Middle East.

In addition, starting with Singapore on October 15, Taiwan on October 16, Indonesia on October 28 and Vietnam on the end of October, the release of "The Swordsman" has become a hot topic in major Asian countries. In particular, Joe Taslim, who turned into the Qing Dynasty's imperial Gurutai who covet the chaotic Joseon Dynasty, is known as the "National Actor of Indonesia," raising the audience's expectations for his first Korean film appearance, "The Swordsman." In response, it was selected as the opening film of the Indonesian Korean Film Festival on October 28 and decided on the release date in time for the screening.

"The Swordsman" will be officially invited to the Asian Showcase section of the 40th Hawaii International Film Festival, which will be held from Nov. 5 to Nov. 15, and will be screened amid keen interest from fans around the world. Regarding the favorable reviews of the overseas film industry, K-Movie Entertainment, an overseas distributor, said, "The breathtaking and thrilling action scenes have been added with plenty of things to see, leading to the sales of overseas buyers' favorable reviews as an entertainment film that anyone can enjoy."

As such, "The Swordsman," which is leading the explosive popularity of both domestic and foreign media, is expected to become the only chase action film that should not be missed, moving audiences around the world.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when the best swordsman in Joseon Dynasty, who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter after the depose of Gwanghaegun. It is the first feature film directed by Choi Jae-hoon, who starred in the "Anatomy Classroom" art, and starred Jang Hyuk, Joe Taslim, Jung Man-sik, Kim Hyun-soo, Lee Na-kyung and Lee Min-hyuk.

2020092501002253100145611.jpg

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202009250100225310014561&servicedate=20200924

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Pre-sold in 55 countries around the world.Official Invitation to the 40th Hawaii Film Festival 'Cooling'

The chase action film "The Swordsman" (directed by Choi Jae-hoon, produced by Opus Pictures) was sold in 55 countries in advance and officially invited to the 40th Hawaii International Film Festival.

"The Swordsman," which is well-received for its intense story and sword fighting action that has never been seen before, has been sold in 55 countries around the world. This proved the keen interest of foreign buyers by achieving pre-sales success in major Southeast Asian countries, including North America, Germany, Spain, Russia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Middle East.

In addition, starting with Singapore on October 15, Taiwan on October 16, Indonesia on October 28 and Vietnam on the end of October, the release of "The Swordsman" has become a hot topic in major Asian countries. In particular, Joe Taslim, who turned into the Qing Dynasty's imperial Gurutai who covet the chaotic Joseon Dynasty, is known as the "National Actor of Indonesia," raising the audience's expectations for his first Korean film appearance, "The Swordsman." In response, it was selected as the opening film of the Indonesian Korean Film Festival on October 28 and decided on the release date in time for the screening.

"The Swordsman" will be officially invited to the Asian Showcase section of the 40th Hawaii International Film Festival, which will be held from Nov. 5 to Nov. 15, and will be screened amid keen interest from fans around the world. Regarding the favorable reviews of the overseas film industry, K-Movie Entertainment, an overseas distributor, said, "The breathtaking and thrilling action scenes have been added with plenty of things to see, leading to the sales of overseas buyers' favorable reviews as an entertainment film that anyone can enjoy."

As such, "The Swordsman," which is leading the explosive popularity of both domestic and foreign media, is expected to become the only chase action film that should not be missed, moving audiences around the world.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when the best swordsman in Joseon Dynasty, who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter after the depose of Gwanghaegun. It is the first feature film directed by Choi Jae-hoon, who starred in the "Anatomy Classroom" art, and starred Jang Hyuk, Joe Taslim, Jung Man-sik, Kim Hyun-soo, Lee Na-kyung and Lee Min-hyuk.

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202009250100225310014561&servicedate=20200924

Oh thx a lot for this good news! @Prettysup So happy for our hyukie, hopefully he'll get more international exposure and better offers so that we will get to see a lot a lot of him. :issohappy:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Now, when can I see this movie 

Oct 15 in the cinemas!!

50 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Oh thx a lot for this good news! @Prettysup So happy for our hyukie, hopefully he'll get more international exposure and better offers so that we will get to see a lot a lot of him. 

Yeah I hope it will be showing in your country too ~~

----------------------

Box office for first day of opening, 23 Sept.

1 Diva  15,479
2 The Swordsman 13,061
3 Tenet 12,972
4 Mulan 7,552
5 The Outpost 4,135
6 Oh! My Gran  2,469
7 Detention 1,600
8 Beauty Water 1,363
9 The Woman who ran away 396
10 Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom 193

Pictures released by Jang Hyuk's agency yesterday. The hair looks different from what we are seeing on Tae-yul now. I think they are the BTS pics for the making of original poster posted in at the top of this page.

02.jpg?type=w1200

14.jpg?type=w1200

16.jpg?type=w1200

More pics here

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29531021&memberNo=28456565

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2