'Cultwo Show' Jang Hyuk talks about doing his own actions in 'The Swordsman', TJ plans and Fishing experience

On SBS Radio Power FM's "Cultwo Show to Escape 2 o'clock," which aired on the afternoon of the 29th Sep, Jang Hyuk, the main character of the film "The Swordsman," appeared as a guest.

Jang Hyuk, whose movie has been said as The Joseon version of 'Taken', said, "The reason is because there are many action scenes in them, and both are about chasing kidnappers". He added, " "In terms of sword-fighting skills, I kept learning and I practiced a lot according to the concept," he said. "It helped because I did a lot of historical dramas."

Regarding the action, he said, "I got hurt once while doing the action scenes, but there are a lot of possibilities to get hurt, so I have bruises all over after the action scenes" and added, "But I try not to use a stuntman as much as I can."

Regarding the role of losing sight, he said, "In fact, it's very dangerous not to look into the eyes when I'm doing action scenes, so I practiced hitting the speed ball in the boxing arena, but I still got hit with the weapon. I learned more while doing it on the field" he laughed.

Asked if he watched the movie with his friends from the Dragon Club, who are best friends of the entertainment industry, he said, "I went with Cha Tae-hyun and others, and they all said it was good complimented me" He said, "If they didn't like it, I would not have told you" He added, "Kim Jong-kook had something to do that day, so he saw it later and certified it."

Jang Hyuk was asked if he had any plans to work as T.J., and after his brief stint as a rapper, he said, "I don't really have any plans for singing, I'm satisfied with just listening to songs now."

About T.J., he said, "It's short for Team and Jang Hyuk, but it was a project album." "At the time, actors used to make various music videos to show different images, but since the music video couldn't be aired on stage, I was on T.J. and it made an impact."

When asked about his appearing on the cover of Travel magazine, he said "When we went fishing in 'City Fishermen' for the first time that day, and I thought I was fishing for a week," Jang recalled. "I didn't catch much, but on the last day, when we were about to call it a day with five minutes left, I felt something heavy." "I was thinking about giving it a miss but it was a 32-inch yellow eye," he said. "I actually left a record because the captain said it was the biggest one caught this year."

Talking about his children's ambitions, he said "My eldest son is in sixth grade now and playing soccer. He is trying for the striker position".

On this day, Jang Hyuk repeatedly selected a gift of 'waxing gift certificate' to listeners and made them laugh. DJ Kim Tae-gyun added laughter by saying, "I cut everything like a 'swordsman' and added "I am waxing swordsman".

Meanwhile, "The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when Tae-yul (played by Jang Hyuk), the best swordsman in Joseon, raises his sword again to find his daughter Tae-ok (played by Kim Hyun-soo), who has disappeared, set after the abdication in Gwanghae-gun. The story is told by focusing on the stories of the victims against the backdrop of Joseon, released on 23rd Sep

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200929

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4074301

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jang Hyuk, "The reason why I decided to act in 'The Swordsman' is because I do not have many lines in it".

SBS Radio Power FM's "Choi Hwa-jung's Power Time," which was broadcast on 30 Sep afternoon, featured Jang Hyuk, the lead actor of the film "The Swordsman," as a guest.

Regarding Tae-yul's role in "The Swordsman," Jang hyuk said, "I came to act in this because I really didn't have many lines," adding, "I only had four to five lines in it, so I had to treasure them"

Jang Hyuk went on to joke, "Towards the end, I had a really long line, and it's 'Where's my daughter' and I had such a hard time memorizing it."

Regarding the difficulty of action in this movie, Jang Hyuk said, "Since I have done action scenes in historical dramas before, I'm used to it, but the hard part was I have to do it while acting blind. The difficulty level was high by my standards. It wasn't easy because it was not a one-to-one fight, it was many-to-one, and we need to co-ordinate with many people, and it was not easy to succeed with one take" he said.

Jang said about BTOB's Lee Min-hyuk, who played the youth role of Tae-yul, "He really worked hard. He tried to show a lot of things that he had, and even cried," he said.

Jang Hyuk said "All the actors had to do the actions themselves, so it was hard work, and we also studied a lot about the characters"

Meanwhile, "The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when Tae-yul (played by Jang Hyuk), the best swordsman in Joseon, raises his sword again to find his daughter Tae-ok (played by Kim Hyun-soo), who has disappeared after the abdication of Gwanghae-gun. Attention is drawn to the story of the victims against the backdrop of Joseon Dynasty, which was confused after the King Injo's revolt.

Released on 23rd Sept.
EjMJUgQVoAA1fOE?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004282255

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

CHOI Jae-Hoon's 'The Swordsman' To Release In Korean Theatres Amid Coronavirus

Seoul [South Korea], October 1 (ANI): Following the Oscar win of 'Parasite', the Korean movie production studios have been kicking into high gear in the hopes of replicating its success.

The latest in a long line of successful movies is the period action film, 'The Swordsman' directed by CHOI Jae-hoon and starring JANG Hyuk, KIM Hyeon-soo, LEE Na-kyung and popular Indonesian actor, Joe TASLIM.

Despite COVID-19 precautions still being in place in certain parts of Korea, 'The Swordsman' is one of a few movies to be theatrically launched in Korea over the major Korean movie season coinciding with the Mid-Autumn Festival Holiday.

During its early limited release and ahead of its September 23 nation-wide release, it has already attained a top 5 ranking, placing it among Hollywood blockbusters such as the Christopher Nolan-directed 'Tenet' and Disney's 'Mulan.'

'The Swordsman' is set during the 17th Century after the fall of King Gwanghae of Joseon's dynasty. It tells the story of one of Joseon's greatest swordsman and royal guard, Tae-yul (JANG Hyuk) who is forced into hiding as a result of the conflict between the Qing and Ming dynasties but at the same time happy with his new life in seclusion.

However, when slave trader Kurutai (Joe TASLIM) unwittingly abducts Tae-yul's daughter as tribute to Qing, he returns to action to hunt down the perpetrators and rescue his daughter.

Produced by 'OPUS Pictures,' the same movie studio that released the 2010 hit 'The Man from Nowhere' and science-fiction action thriller 'Snowpiercer' directed by BOON Joon-ho, the movie is expected to make its debut in mid-October in Taiwan and Indonesia.

'The Man from Nowhere' starred Thai acting legend, Thanayong Wongtrakul, and spent five straight weeks at the number one spot and grossed a total of USD42,484,155 in South Korea. It was remade in India in 2016, re-titled 'Rocky Handsome,' and directed by Nishikant Kamat, starring John Abraham.

The lead actor, JANG Hyuk, has previously starred in the TV action series 'Chuno' and 'Iris 2' and is a top actor in Korea who does his own stunts. His character is someone who fights with EQ and Instinct rather than IQ.

JANG who is well versed in martial arts teamed up with the stunt team to come up with action concepts to showcase a new type of fighting and action style that has not been seen in a period film before.

With highly acclaimed stunt coordinator LEE Sang-ha's in-charge, audiences can expect action scenes in 'The Swordsman' to be among the most spectacular and exciting they will watch this year. Among others, LEE has worked on movies like 'Roaring Currents' and 'Spirits' Homecoming, both of which are set in the historical backdrops.

Director CHOI Jae-hoon who has spent more than 15 years in the movie industry is making his directorial debut. He wants the film to express its core message in a concise and clear way, and convey the characters' emotions and motives via duels they get involved in.

"It's a film in which swordsmen fight one another for their own beliefs and creeds in the time of turmoil," he said about 'The Swordsman.' 

http://www.businessworld.in/article/CHOI-Jae-hoon-s-The-Swordsman-to-release-in-Korean-theatres-amid-coronavirus-/01-10-2020-326815/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

'The Swordsman' will be featured in KBS2's "I love movies' tomorrow 3 October 10:20 am

EjTzHU_VcAYCxbN?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/swordman_official/

--------------

Swordsman, this is the Joseon's version of 'Taken'... Extreme action movie to enjoy during the Chuseok holidays

The movie "The Swordsman" is drawing attention as a movie worth visiting the movie theater during the Chuseok holiday.

"The Swordsman" is an action film in which Tae-yul (played by Jang Hyuk), Joseon's top swordsman, who disappeared after the abolition of Gwanghaegun, struggles to save his daughter who was kidnapped by the Qing dynasty's imperial family "Guru-tai" (played by Joe Taslim). In the movie, Tae-yul wanted to live quietly with the world behind him, but while the conflict between Qing and Ming between Joseon reached its peak, Tae-yul begins wielding a ruthless sword to save his daughter who was taken away as a princess.

The movie "The Swordsman" features Jang Hyuk, a "action craftsman" who has been trained in Jeet Kwon Do, as the best swordsman of Joseon, showing off the glamorous actions and attracting viewers' attention. The intense sound of swords colliding with each other and the actors' action performances performed without stunt doubles, will continue to give the audience extreme pleasure.

The production team said, "The real pursuit action after the films 'Taken' and 'John Wick' will be staged", adding "The scenes of 'Tae-yul' chasing enemies and mercilessly cutting down his enemies in order to save his daughter gives a thrilling catharsis."

'The Swordsman' which was released on the 23rd Sept, ranks second in the booking rate after the Hollywood blockbuster film "Tenet," and has been receiving positive reviews, receiving 9 points out of a maximum of 10.

Audience commented, "The Joseon version of 'The Man from Nowhere' ", "Of course Jang Hyuk is Jang Hyuk", "Hasn't enjoyed myself so much for a long time"  and "The story is simple, but the action made up for everything". As expected, Jang Hyuk's action performance is impeccable.

Why don't you relief your stress from COVID-19 by watching "The Swordsman" where you can enjoy Jang Hyuk's spectacular action performance this Chuseok? Of course, you should not forget to wear masks and distance yourself from others inside the movie theater.

http://www.newsworks.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=491967

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Review of Eontalk. This review is kinda generic- great action, predictable plot. It's frustrating to me that people dismiss the plot because its predictable, and don't say anything about the quality of its execution. The plot of Fated to Love you was predictable, but it's still the best Kdrama I've ever seen! Also, a plot being unpredictable doesn't exactly make it good, ie- Star Wars The last Jedi. On the other hand, the plot of Star Wars The force awakens is the exact copy of Star wars A new hope, but I guess that is OK... <_<

To review the review :) - The review of Han cinema was better as it actually talked about the plot, and not just about if they had seen something similar before... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw this blog on Naver about Swordsman, google translated:

[Strong Recommendation]

The Best Korean Sword Action Movie in the Joseon Dynasty!!!!

I've been looking forward to this movie ever since the trailer came out, and I wanted to get a flipbook, so I decided to watch the first movie after vacation. Swordsman!!!

Actually, I'm looking forward to the action from the trailer, but is that going to be all? I was a little worried about it, but after watching it, it's a pretty well-made action movie.

The story is similar to 'Taken' and  'The Man from Nowhere'. It may be a familiar storyline, but sometimes a familiar plot can be interesting too, isn't it?

I enjoyed the movie because of its obvious story and its heavy, sharp, powerful action.

Jang Hyuk's sword action was really cool. You're so chic. You're killing the Tatatatatak.

Joe Taslim actor, who played a villain who was very impressive in the Indonesian action film 'The Raid', I was surprised he learnt Korean so well even though he was a foreign actor. Hah!

You seem to have studied Korean that much.

It was really nice.

But it would have been more fun if it weren't for the person sitting next to me and eating popcorn...

Even so, from the beginning, I was so immersed that I didn't care about him, so I enjoyed it.

If by the word of mouth, I think it will be a powerful ambush that you can enjoy from the end of September to the Chuseok holiday.

I was disappointed the day before yesterday that Diva was so boring.

The swordsman's more fun than I'd expected, so I'm very satisfied.

It's a typical 'Taken' type of story, but if you like that kind of movie,

If you like ancient background or sword action, I recommend it.

The flipbook is so small that it's cute.LOL

20200925%EF%BC%BF114557.jpg?type=w1600

20200925%EF%BC%BF114649.jpg?type=w1600

https://cafe.naver.com/movie02/1003514

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jang Hyuk X Joe Taslim to hold a live overseas conference - proof of high expectations

The best entertainment film "The Swordsman," which captivated all generations with its legendary sword fighting action, will hold a overseas live conference for major media outlets including Singapore and Indonesia thanks to enthusiastic responses from overseas beyond Korea.

After the abolition of Gwanghae-gun, the real chase action "The Swordsman," begins as Joseon's top swordsman Taeyul, who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his missing daughter, is drawing attention by announcing the holding of a live overseas conference on October 12 (Monday).

Actor Jang Hyuk, who played Joseon's best swordsman "Taeyul" in the movie "The Swordsman," and Indonesian national actor Joe Taslim, who plays the role of Gurutai, a Qing dynasty royal family who covets chaos, will have a meaningful time to answer questions about the film with major Asian media. The overseas live conference, which will be held for about 40 major media outlets in Asia, including Singapore and Indonesia, will be held in a non-face-to-face press conference that will be broadcast live on screen due to the COVID-19 situation.

Actor Jang Hyuk will participate in Korea, Joe Taslim in Indonesia, and major Asian media in Singapore and Indonesia respectively. In addition, after the overseas live conference, actors Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim are scheduled to hold individual 1:1 video interviews with major media in Singapore and Indonesia, realizing the Asian media's keen interest in the film.

Meanwhile, the movie is scheduled to be screened across various Asian countries including Singapore on October 15, Taiwan on October 16, Indonesia on October 28, and Vietnam on end October.  28. A live conference was organized  at the request of overseas distributors despite the difficulty of the actors participating in local promotions due to the COVID-19 situation, and Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim were glad to respond to the request of overseas movie fans.

In response, K-Movie Entertainment, which is in charge of overseas distribution of "The Swordsman," said, "We expect it to be a meaningful place to introduce Korean action films to Asian audiences such as those in Singapore and Indonesia."

The movie "The Swordsman," which is receiving enthusiastic attention and response from movie fans around the world, is currently being screened in theaters across Korea.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010081537244057038_1

• Thanks 1