2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Surprise climbing of 'The Swordsman'... Eyes on BTOB's Lee Min-hyuk's performance

A movie that shows more potential than expected has appeared. The movie "The Swordsman" (directed by Choi Jae-hoon), which was considered a weak movie until the lid was opened, showed good performance ahead of the Chuseok holiday.

I wonder- who exactly considered this movie "a weak movie"?

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Saw this cute post by an instagram user who watched 'The Swordsman' - google translated

I haven't watched movies in a long time

A movie that I watched because I wanted to watch historical dramas and movies.

It was fun. The background of the era was during the King Injo. What a bitter and frustrating...

I was surprised to see Lee Min-hyuk. I thought he was from BTOB, but he's really the one. Who's that? Jang Hyuk is different from the old Jang Hyuk, it is different. Every time Jang Hyuk comes out, he's so handsome. You said, "You have a handsome face."

Anyway, all the actors were good at acting and it was fun. Personally, I like it and I want to recommend this movie if you're worried about the movie.

It turned out that the film was finished in 2017. Why it was released in 2020... If it was before Corona, more people would have seen it... I think it was because Jang Hyuk was young when he acted this? Haha he looked very young in this, but actually he's in his 40s...An actor is really an actor...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmNaJ2hr21/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This post again shows how people seem to not watch JH's shows or not even see the promotion of his shows- JH looked more handsome in this movie than in My Country? Or Tell me what you saw? hardly... So obviously this poster saw neither...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder- who exactly considered this movie "a weak movie"?

This post again shows how people seem to not watch JH's shows or not even see the promotion of his shows- JH looked more handsome in this movie than in My Country? Or Tell me what you saw? hardly... So obviously this poster saw neither...

Well handsomeness is subjective, what looks good to you may not look the same to others. I think Dae-gil looks more handsome than JH did in My Country and TMWYS, though not everyone will agree. I will judge Tae-yul's handsomeness after I watch the whole movie, a trailer and poster doesnt do justice to the actor. It does not mean the poster saw neither of those dramas.

Another cute comment, google translated :

Thanks to Corona, I'm getting fatter day by day

On the way to the movies
The movie theater was unexpectedly crowded.
I couldn't take a selfie inside.

I saw a swordsman.
I fell in love with Jang Hyuk.

I want a brother, not a father like that. Ah. LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFoaQ8wlP7L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

47 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Well handsomeness is subjective, what looks good to you may not look the same to others. I think Dae-gil looks more handsome than JH did in My Country and TMWYS, though not everyone will agree. I will judge Tae-yul's handsomeness after I watch the whole movie, a trailer and poster doesnt do justice to the actor. It does not mean the poster saw neither of those dramas.

It is subjective, I mean we JH fans disagree about what hair cut fits him best enough times for me to know it :) But I think it can be objectively said that the hair in The Swordsman was chosen specifically to, at the very least, tone down JH's look. We saw how he would look in just a different hair style in the pictures released by Sidus, and there he looked like a model. So, for that poster to say that JH looked surprisingly good in this movie, I think allows me to safely conclude that the poster didn't see him in anything recent, and on this I wonder. Why is the promotion of JH shows not wide enough to at least ensure the promotion is seen?

Another cute comment, google translated :

Thanks to Corona, I'm getting fatter day by day

On the way to the movies
The movie theater was unexpectedly crowded.
I couldn't take a selfie inside.

I saw a swordsman.
I fell in love with Jang Hyuk.

I want a brother, not a father like that. Ah. LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFoaQ8wlP7L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I can relate to the getting fatter every day comment :) 

And to the for falling for JH comment too :D

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk's "The Swordsman" won first place among Korean-made movies on the first weekend of its release. Special Posters Revealed

"The Swordsman" unveiled two special posters expressing gratitude for the audience's favorable reviews.

According to the integrated network of the Korean Film Council on the 28th Sep, the movie "The Swordsman" attracted 83,040 moviegoers from the 25th to the 27th Sept, the first weekend of its release, capturing the weekend theater.

In particular, it proved its box office success thanks to enthusiastic support from the audience, with its high rating of 93% for the CGV Golden Egg Index and 9.08 for Naver's actual audience rating, as well as the number of audiences on Sunday rising over that on Saturday. "The Swordsman" is continuing its hot word-of-mouth story with differentiated real gladiators action and a refreshing story that cuts down enemies without mercy.

In such a highly praised baptism, "The Swordsman" unveiled two special posters to thank the audience who visited the theater. The first special poster draws attention with the solemn appearance of Tae-yul (Jang Hyuk), the best swordsman of Joseon, who seems to wield the sword at any moment. Moreover, in the second poster, the overwhelming appearance of numerous swordsmen in the Qing Dynasty, who are aiming at the edge of their swords at Tae-yul, creates a breathtaking tension. Also, the captions "Now there's no reason to hesitate" and "Chasing to the End" gives us the intense charisma of Tae-yul, who chases the enemies with a burst of anger and revenge.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action that begins when Tae-yul, the Joseon's greatest swordsman who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his missing daughter. "The Swordsman," which will continue its long-term box office race in the second week of its release following the top spot among Korean-made movies on the first weekend of its release, is being highly praised in theaters across the country.

120191529_2786709481607749_8952003015103

120198462_2786709428274421_3912818116391

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202009281546185822307_1

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG-20200928-184904-360.jpg

Movie 'Swordsman' to hold a live conference in October. Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim will attend.

On the first weekend of its release, the movie'Swordsman', which made a big reversal in the box office of Korean films on the first weekend of its release, invites Asian media to attract attention by holding a live conference.

The 'Swordsman' Asia Live Conference, which is scheduled to be released overseas such as Singapore on October 15 and Indonesia on October 28, along with news of pre-sale in 55 countries around the world, will be held for major Asian media outlets such as Singapore and Indonesia.Indonesian national actor Joe Taslim will attend each in Indonesia to share a variety of stories about the film.

The real chase action movie 'Swordsman', which begins when'Tae-yul', the best swordsman of Joseon who left the world after the destruction of Gwanghae-gun, takes up a sword again to find his missing daughter, presents a delightful gladiator action and a thrilling action since its opening on the 23rd. The explosive word of mouth continues.

Accordingly, the interest of not only domestic but also foreign media and prospective audiences is also hot. The movie'Swordsman' was officially invited to the Asian Showcase section of the 40th Hawaii International Film Festival following pre-sale to 55 countries around the world, including North America, Germany, Russia, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.

In addition, it was selected as the opening film of the Indonesian Korean Film Festival to be held on October 28th, and it is expected to show its first appearance to the Indonesian audience of Joe Taslim's native country.

The movie 'Swordsman', which continues to be popular even in the second week of release, is being screened at theaters nationwide.

Translated from :http://m.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=188689

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Movie 'Swordsman' to hold a live conference in October. 

On the first weekend of its release, the movie 'Swordsman', which made a big reversal in the box office of Korean films on the first weekend of its release, invites Asian media to attract attention by holding a live conference.

Hmm it did not mention whether Jang Hyuk be present at the conference ?

Edit : Ah you did not translate the title most important part " Swordsman, October Live Conference...Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim Attend"

-----------------

BTS pic of Hwa Seon with Tae-ok

Ei_6kixVoAAqcTp?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, Prettysup said:

Saw this cute post by an instagram user who watched 'The Swordsman' - google translated

Thanks for sharing all these cute posts! Of course he's handsome. Guess the messy hair and scar and make did little to hide his good looks. Imagine if he were to appear in the image shown in Sidus  pics. Guess it's a good thing he didn't, people might be too distracted by his good looks lol!:coolshades:

Thanks for letting me know Jang Hyuk is attending too! My lousy Google translator didn't translate that part at all! The most important part!!!!!:isannoyed:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

30 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks for sharing all these cute posts! Of course he's handsome. Guess the messy hair and scar and make did little to hide his good looks. Imagine if he were to appear in the image shown in Sidus  pics. Guess it's a good thing he didn't, people might be too distracted by his good looks lol!

Thanks for letting me know Jang Hyuk is attending too! My lousy Google translator didn't translate that part at all! The most important part!!!!!

Haha u made me so worried initially wondering why JH is not attending. Actually why does everyone think Tae Yul looks bad in messy hair and scar? I think he looks so good here. 

• LOL 3

@Prettysup @azureblue7 I think he looks greeeaaatttt!!! 

Btw Gumi watched the movie and she said “He looked so beautiful in all those close ups but I did want to reach out and comb his hair” :lol:

Here is a written version of the review I shared earlier “A double edged sword”

https://www.themoviebeat.com/the-swordsman-2020-korean-movie-review/

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup @azureblue7 I think he looks greeeaaatttt!!! 

Btw Gumi watched the movie and she said “He looked so beautiful in all those close ups but I did want to reach out and comb his hair” :lol:

Guess she wanted to comb his hair away from his face so that she could have a full unblocked view of his face. Just like what you wanted to do to Oh Hyun Jae..tie up his hair..haha

Thanks for sharing the review !! Reading it made me look forward to watching it more!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Thanks for the review link. I like these bits here: 

(Sword puns intended) There’s never a dull moment in The Swordsman. The editing is sharp and fluid. There’s no unnecessary romantic involvements, extended third acts, and never ending epilogues that often suck the wind out of a lot of Korean productions. Much like other traditional martial arts and action movies, when The Swordsman is over, its over. The End.

“Does The Swordsman provide enough of a make-over to make the ride worth revisiting?” I believe the answer is a resounding YES! The Swordsman manages to meld the best vibes of Shaw Brothers classic One-Armed Swordsman (1967) and the mysticism of legendary Japanese swordsman Zatoichi (1962-1989) into a familiar yet fresh new tale of gritty swordplay and heroism set in the uniquely Korean backdrop of the Joseon era.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Guess she wanted to comb his hair away from his face so that she could have a full unblocked view of his face. Just like what you wanted to do to Oh Hyun Jae..tie up his hair..haha

Yeah, the hair really gets in the way. I can't wait to watch it for myself reading all the reviews haha. It's really great that the movie seems to be doing well, though I was not too sure it would do well considering his past movie didn't turn out so well. And and on another note, OHJ's hair is a lot better than TY's, TY's looks so greasy haha. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yeah, the hair really gets in the way. I can't wait to watch it for myself reading all the reviews haha. It's really great that the movie seems to be doing well, though I was not too sure it would do well considering his past movie didn't turn out so well. And and on another note, OHJ's hair is a lot better than TY's, TY's looks so greasy haha. :P

No!! I love TY’s hair more than OHJ’s. On the other hand I think the latter is the greasy one haha. 

• LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No!! I love TY’s hair more than OHJ’s. On the other hand I think the latter is the greasy one haha. 

Why is OHJ's hair greasy haha. That's a hairdo from the salon. :P hmm maybe TY's hair isn't greasy, but more to grimey?? :lol:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I think he looks beautiful in both but when it comes to the hair, OHJ’s hair was real. It was Jang Hyuk’s gorgeous, luscious, healthy hair. Maybe they put product on it? But it didn’t look greasy or dirty to me. 

TY’s is a wig and his hair looks dead (because it literally isn’t real :lol:

But still, I maintain that he looks beautiful in both 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

'The Swordsman' heroine Lee Na-kyung drew attention in Taiwan. Will the Korean movie be a hit?

Actress Lee Na-kyung, who played Hwa-seon, a female swordsman in the movie "The Swordsman" (directed by Choi Jae-hoon), is drawing attention in Taiwan.

An interview video of Lee Na-kyung, who played a female swordsman who helped Tae-yul (played by Jang Hyuk) in "The Swordsman," was posted on the main page of Taiwan's flagship portal Yahoo! Taiwan.

Yahoo Taiwan posted an interview video of actress Lee Na-kyung on its main page for 30 minutes from 9 p.m. local time (10 p.m. Korean time) on the 25th Sep. In the interview video, Lee Na-kyung greeted Korean Wave fans in Taiwan in fluent Chinese and reported the release of the movie "The Swordsman" in Korea.

It is very unusual for Yahoo Taiwan to post an interview video of a Korean actor on its main page. Ellen Chen, editor of Yahoo's Taiwanese film editor, organized the event, although it is somewhat unusual, as interest in Korean Wave films (in Taiwan) has been steady, and the release date of the film "The Swordsman" has recently been confirmed in Taiwan. We originally planned to post it only in the movies section, but we decided to post it on the main page after seeing actress Lee Na-kyung giving a Chuseok greeting to Taiwanese fans in Chinese," he explained about the background of the event.

"The number of online streaming viewers has steadily increased since the (interview video) posting, approaching 90,000," he said. "Although we cannot say that this number sets a record, it is definitely not a disappointing performance". Another Yahoo Taiwanese official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the video clip with the highest record of number of viewers is the 15th presidential election in January, which has so far reached 200,000 viewers.

Meanwhile, the release date of "The Swordsman" in Taiwan has been confirmed as Oct. 16. Attention is focusing on whether "The Swordsman" will be a hit as a Korean film in Taiwan, continuing the trend of "Train to Busan" (2016), "Along with the Gods" (2018), and "Innocence" (2020).

"The Swordsman" is a historical drama about Tae-yul (played by Jang Hyuk), who holds a sword again to save his daughter Tae-ok (played by Kim Hyun-soo), after she was captured by Gurutai (played by Joe Taslim), a member of the Qing Dynasty, set against the backdrop of China's Ming-Qing transition. Actress Lee Na-kyung played the role of Hwa-seon, a female swordsman and owner of Hwaseondang who helps Tae-yul in the film.

Lee Na-kyung captured the hearts of Taiwanese fans by sharing news of the Korean release of the film "The Swordsman" in Yahoo Taiwan, memories with Indonesian national actor Joe Taslim, who plays Gurutai, and travel stories to Taiwan.

Amid this situation, attention is being paid to whether the Korean film "The Swordsman" will surpass the box office performance of "Mulan," which was released in Taiwan around the same time. This is because both movies play strong and independent warrior roles. Attention is being paid to whether 'The Swordsman; can be a hit in Taiwan.

2020092817334763820_1.jpg

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020092817334763820

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2