[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

Moment of father and daughter JY so emotional ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ and on another moment when her father angry with kang soo so funny, the face of kang soo totally blank when he enter the room and it's feel blank alone.

Worst part mother just to fulfil her own deeds aim use her daughter she doesn't care for anyone her priority is herself. If she is really kang soo mother I hope kang soo teach her better lesson when she create problem in neighbourhood as she planning to ruin neighbourhood restaurant. 

DanA and JG moments are so sweet (JG so cute).For now JG falling for her for the first time someone protect him . Cross couple condition for now ok but in upcoming episodes when they were heart broken I don't want to watch that moment .

Now KS and JG developing friendship but the day when truth comes out how KS handle that situation one friend hurt his another friend.

Poor JG to JY I like you because of parents conditions both suffer.

Motor bike bg tune❤

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys my internet died and its still wonky.

First i thought i read the date wrong of the 2nd ost. Maybe its not 9 August but 19 August or 9 September because i couldn't find the ost.

our chingus here helped @0ly40 @triplem thank you but i couldn't play because its blocked in my region.@baduy i was able to play and immediately regretted. Its not bad but its bad. There goes my excitement but ost 3 is good.

I was hoping the 2nd ost to have a sweet melodious tone but...and usually the ost are released according to the story and that's i was suprised because kang soo hadn't fallen in love with dana. I don't think i heard 2nd ost anywhere in the drama but ost 3 was played in the 3rd episode.

3rd episode was so much fun. I want to watch it again because seriously even though i enjoyed i actually forgot what happened. Too much on my mind becausec of real life

I do remember dana getting the rude treatment again but this time from rich brats and her mother. Gah! She's more worried about her vase.

Jin gyu was sweet to help Dana but i cant shake the feeling of dislikeness for him because of the young boy's accident. But I like his bickering with the rich girl, yup, i forgot her name.

Kang soo and jin gyu have become close after working together and things aren't looking good for their new friendship now that kang soo is looking for the people who blocked the road for fun. 

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

unnamed-1.jpg

With all the new premieres, ongoing series, and backlogged shows on my plate, I sort of feel like it’s closet-cleaning time and I’m sorting through a big pile of possessions, figuring out what to keep and what to toss, and wondering how I amassed such a collection in such a short period of time. I could’ve sworn I was all caught up a moment ago! It’s like hoarding, the K-drama version. Is the cure… just watching them all? –javabeans

javabeans

• Strongest Deliveryman: Ah, so here’s how you do campy humor with a deadpan delivery. I’m a fan of the tone, because the comedy is totally over-the-top but the actors are playing it with straight faces, and it makes things funny on a meta level. Plotwise I’m not that gripped yet, so I’m not sure I’m quite ready to tackle this show—maybe a bit later, when I feel more in the mood.

girlfriday

• Strongest Deliveryman: I like the tone of this show, which actually matches the hilarious teasers for once—the characters treat jajangmyun delivery like they’re out there saving lives, which is just plain funny. I don’t love it yet, but Chae Soo-bin’s character is badass and cute at the same time, and she makes me want to keep watching.

cr

5 hours ago, triplem said:

here you go OST 3

Sometimes Kpop lyric writers' ignorance of English is merely irritating to a translator (because you can't "translate" nonsense English into real English) but at other times it might be downright dangerous and provoke the crippling flying foot of Dana (see remark below)

Crazy The moment I first saw you
Charming The moment you first came my way
Burning  This moment now
What you and me are writing, this Story

This may sound silly,
but just the thought of you takes my breath away
(why am I talking to myself like this?)
I'm getting weirder and weirder
The slightest thing gets me laughing right away
You totally crazily attractive Girl.

I never felt like this before
I could do anything at all for you
(feel me now)   [AHEM! See what I mean about the flying foot?]

think I'm crazy crazy for you
Like an engine about to explode, my heart's sound
like someone growing bigger and bigger in a dream
I haven't a fear in the world.

So strange, that i’m changing
My gaze is captivated by your face
Like someone engulfed in a burst of dazzling light
I guess its too late to run away.

Crazy The moment I first saw you
Charming The moment you first came my way
Burning  This moment now
What you and me are writing, this Story

I can't sleep at night
I used to be filled with nothing but worries
(now I've been filled with hopes)

I'd almost forgotten about unattainable dreams
and was living my life without them,
a miracle is what you are to me, girl

I've never felt like this before
With you there's nothing I can't achieve
(believe me now)
You're the one who gave me courage, Girl

Think I'm crazy crazy for you.
Like an engine about to explode, my heart's sound
like someone growing bigger and bigger in a dream
I haven't a fear in the world.

So strange, that i’m changing
My gaze is captivated by your face
Like someone engulfed in a burst of dazzling light
I guess its too late to run away.

Crazy
Charming
Burning

Can you read our page as well?
My life will be the way I'm writing it
Please always stay by my side this way
With you I have no fear at all.

What's on this Stage,  you do believe it, don't you?
I'll definitely turn out to be the hero
Like someone growing bigger and bigger in a dream
I love you and will always stay beside you.

May be The moment I first saw you
Baby The moment you came my way
Should be  This moment now
Yours and mine our Happy End

Naughty of me, but I can't resist a little titter to myself when I see these folk all over the Internet still desperate to get an accessible version of OST 2 in the confident expectation that they're missing a life-enhancing, indeed life-changing experience.  Hope none of them join the river-jumping wave when they discover the awful truth.

Right after Dana has fished Jin Gyu out of the water, and then for the first part of the following sequence where Dana asks why he tried to kill himself, and is increasingly surprised, then indignant at his explanation, Dana and Jin  Gyu are using jondaemal, as is normal for two adults who have only just met and who don't share any membership of any kind of social grouping.

But then things change. As what he has told her sinks in, Dana's eyes and voice shift from sympathy to disgust. Suddenly she orders him to "Stend op" (which suggests she's been taking lessons in Dutch -- I did think that "English" teacher's accent at the Hagwon was a bit strange). We cut to the riverbank where she administers him the first of a series of kicks, telling him to "Jump back in and die".

What no translation can convey (though it's instantly obvious to anyone attuned to Korean speech and manners) is that she's now switched to banmal. He, still using jondaemal, asks her in astonishment why she just kicked him. She repeats his question verbatim, including the jondaemal marker, but that's just because she's sarcastically mocking his incomprehension, and without even snatching breath she carries on in a barrage of rebuke in pure banmal.

And not just any old banmal. One of the most tricky things to grasp about Korean speech is that the simple distinction between jondaemal and banmal which all the textbooks (and most teachers) lay down is only the tip of a linguistic iceberg on which we learners so often founder. There are within both jondaemal and banmal several subtle gradations to which all Koreans are natively attuned (though they also sometimes catch out overseas Koreans who are fluent in the banmal they learned at their mother's knee but find they can unintentionally offend people in all sorts of unexpected ways if they visit Korea as adults)

One very important point within the various sub-levels of banmal is the need for extreme caution in using the second person singular banmal form for "you", 너 and forms derived from it. Using it to anyone older, even if you are on extremely close terms with them, is  taboo. This applies even between siblings. Whether you're two or ninety-two, it is always very rude to address an older sibling with this pronoun, though that older sibling can and will use it freely when addressing you. So when the obviously younger Dana asks him 넌 양심도 없니? = Are you completely without a conscience? her choice of words hits him as violently as her kicks, because it's so unexectedly outrageous for her to address him in that way. As well as the 너, there's also the way she chooses the banmal question marker ~니, one of two possible ones, that is more commonly used by adults addressing children. This partly accounts for the way he takes on the look of a child being deservedly scolded at that point].

scolded.png

Her tirade is accompanied by more kicks, but when Jin Gyu finally brings himself to reply, it's striking that he, too is now using banmal: 그러니까 내가 병신이라고 했잖아! "But that's why I said myself I'm an idiot! ... After all I couldn't even manage to kill myself. ... I despise jerks like me as much as you do."

Now it's Dana's turn to be lost for words. Since he's in such complete and compliant agreement with her damning verdict on him, there's no point in hectoring him any further, and she spares him any further foot-lashings and turns to walk away. But now it becomes apparent that his switch to banmal was not the reaction of someone offended at being thus improperly addressed and so retaliating in kind, but an expression of a sense that he's encountered someone he wants to know better, who's already gotten through to him by her straight talking. Despite his painful shins and butt, he senses that she's someone he'd like to "speak comfortably" with, as the Korean idiom for the close-friendship mode of banmal puts it. That's why he tries to get her number and, when that fails, persuade her to memorize his.

That doesn't work, but then the gods of Kdrama soon deliver one of their fateful co-incidences. From the very start of their first re-encounter in the hospital, they are spontaneously speaking the sort of banmal normally used only between people who have known each other for ages. Without maybe realizing it themselves yet, but betrayed by their intuitive choice of speech forms, their relationship has moved into a new mode.

Finishes ep3, my thoughts:

• I still can't figure out which couples I want to cheer for, as of now all could end up with each other. 
  • I really do love my girl Ji-Yoon, she's so cheerful all the time and the way she treated JG at the date was fierce. I really like her attitude, she's way too nice and perfect for him. :lol: I also liked her emotional side as soon as she met her father. She's marrying potential. So as of now I ship her with our male lead. 
  • Dana gets more and more tragic with every moment, but I somehow didn't like her change of character as soon as she realizes that JG has money. She really just cares about that, which I somehow can understand based on the reason why she does everything, but I somehow want to see a different side of her. I do like her kick-richard simmons attitude, but I really want to see a more softer, non-material oriented side of her. 
  • JG was able to redeem himself a little, his self-reflection and his honesty towards GS were refreshing. It seems he can be nice, but I still won't forgive him by approaching my sweetheart JY. Unfortunately he has to keep her around so he can stay in korea. I really hope he doesn't fall in love with her. 
  • But overall I like all four characters and their development this episode, it all comes together and it seems we're heading towards the beefy part of the drama. Things are going to get interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

She really just cares about that,

Is that the impression the subs give?. It's not what I get from the Korean dialogue (especially today with her room-mate friend but it s wan't just today)  Or is this another instance where reading subs discracts from the finer points of the acting?

@baduyMhm.....I wouldn't necessarily say it's based on the subs. I think it's my personal sense, maybe she does care for other things aswell. But so far I have the impression that money has the most value in her life. And her whole body language changed after she saw that picture of his on the phone. And even before that all she cared about was money. But I have to admit the epilogue in ep2 explained very well why she is so focussed on money. So I can't really blame her for that. 

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

What did GS mobilise the other Drivers to do ? They were passing this leaflets. 

At the point you're referring to, they were just helping out with a leaftletting campaign for info about the drag-racers.  But at the end it is a much bigger issue (not to mention a much bigger "army" drawn now from every single one of the neigborhoods where over those past few years, Kang Su has gianed a loyal following, as the subs will reveal. It's going to be the city-wide impact of Kang Su's good nature and kind deeds, versus the protection that Jin Gyu's money and this family's connections give him.

This really is a first-rate drama, I do hope the rather cursory treatment on dramabeans won't damage this show as it has, alas, damaged so many other good shows over the years.

By the way for anyone who didn't read that blog entry link  I posted about gosiwons, reading it now would help put Ji Yun's experience on her first night of attempted "independence" into context.

39 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

And even before that all she cared about was money.

Now I really do wonder whether we're watching the same show.  Sure, she cares a while lot about the importance of money in the society she has to try to survive in, but the reason she cares so much about that issue, to the extent of wanting to escape that money-driven climate altogether, by emigration since suicide proved not to be the right  "way out" for her, is that she would love to inhabit a world in whiich money didn't matter to that crazy and oppressive extent. That's the whole force of her "epilogue" sequence and her complex reaction to her younger brother's plight.

@baduyLike I said, I can understand why she is so driven to make, save and care about money. I agree with you that she wants a world where money doesn't matter to that extent. But I still don't like her change as soon as she realizes that the person she saved has money. Maybe after receiving the money to buy free her family will change her again, but so far she isn't on my likeable list. :lol: 

Could someone maybe get us the ratings for yesterday and today?

The reason I ask is that the runtimes, especially for today, have got me a bit anxious.  KBS operates a government-mandated and rather complex formula which determines the ratio of advertisements to programming within the overall 1hr 10 mins slot allocated to main evening slot dramas. Simplyfying a bit: if the production sells the full 10 minutes of advertising in the two premium rate 5 min advertising slots, one before, one after it, it is allowed to run its drama for the full intervening 60 mins (and sometimes a few minutes longer, depending on the rest of the evening's schedule) But if it can't fill those two slots to the max, its runtime is reduced pro rata (and the production company has to edit it down accordingly). Tonight's episode ran for 51 mins 30 seconds only. Such a shortfall often signals that the advertising revenue isn't forthcoming and bodes ill for the drama being allowed to run its full planned 16 ep span. But its early days yet, though the sheep-like viewer behavior fuelled by social media means that dramas that don't get off to a good ratings start have great difficulty recovering.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

so what happened at the police station ? I know JG denied it was him. What does KS plan to do now with all those delivery boys?

As you gathered, though JG let KS drag him to the police station, once they were there he denied that he'd said to KS what he did about the race. Outside, he justifies himself by repeating what he'd already told Kang Su after admitting that he was the one responsible, namely that he would never have dreamed of organizing the fake road closure if he'd known what the consequences would be, and that now that he knows the damage done he will pay for all of Hyon Su's medical bills and make sure his family wants for nothing. He protests that since he is now living a reformed life, thanks to an encounter that has changed his view of himself and of life in general (KS of course thinks that's just flannel, not realizing the nature of that "encounter")  the last thing Kang Su should be forcing him to do is "block the way ahead of myself" as the Korean idiom puts it, meaning ruin his future prospects by getting a criminal record just when he was staring to become the sort of citizen Kang Su and Dana approve of.

As for the vast delivery riders army, the last snippet of the teaser gives an indication of the sort of thing KS has in mind. Looks like some sort of mass vigilante action, a kind of rerun of his solo "Get my plates back" campaign but this time with a fleet of biker allies, which is going to bring him into conflict with Dana.

I hope nobody's going to ask me what those gangsters were up to, at least till I have time to get a raw and replay it several times. To signal what very gangstery gangsters they were, they were speaking in a dense Busan dialect (Busan having the reputation of being the cradle and hometown of Korean gangsterdom) which I can't decipher just as it comes on the live stream.  The chef has a tinge of that accent too (though he's still perfectly comprehensible) and of course the tatoos are eloquent about his gangland past, as is the terror which encountering him here strikes into the heart of the gangster interlopers who are sizing up the neighborhood (that much I could gather from what they said, but not why why were sizing it up or planning to move into it)  Its also apparent he's anxious not to be recognized, as he insists they're mistaken about his identity, though once back at the restaurant he admits to the sexy Queen of Punsters that he's worried he didn't really fob them off them, and she seems to share his anxiety about the incident and its possible consequences.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Ratings till last night

Thanks for that, though the figures for yesterday make ominous reading. As for today's show, pending release of the figures, I couldn't reliably recall which ads I saw before and after the show, so I went fishing on the webhards I have access to for 1080p transport stream rips of the episode (these capture the actual signals received by an HD TV set without applying any subsequent compression, so they're big files that gobble up a lot of disk space)  Because the ripping groups who release these 1080p versions aren't doing any post-processing to compress the images and sound, they generally don't cut out the ads between the opening titles and the start of the show,  so you can check from the raw how many ads there were and for what level of company, and hence get an idea how much interest the advertising agencies are taking.

It's bad news, fitting in with the restriction of air time to under 52 mins for this episode. There were only three ads (far from the limit of 10) and the first doesn't really count.  It was  a public service add sponsored by the Samsung Foundation advocating healthy eating to ward off cancer: that, or a similar health and safety related ad always airs in this slot, irrespective of a drama's ratings.

The second was one of a weird pair of ads by the Simmons Bed Company which look to me rather like somewhat censored clips from the orgy scene in Stanley Kubrick's movie Eyes Wide Shut. I'm baffled that the agency thinks these distinctly louche bedroom scenes will actually persuade people that Simmons beds guarantee a healthy night's sleep as the voiceover claims. But then the corresponding belief a couple of years back by their great rival Ace Beds that the sight of all nine (as the count was back then) SNSD girls cavorting in a King Size specimen of their wares would assure similarly peaceful slumbers seems equally unlikely, so perhaps Koreans have unusual motives when bed shopping. Or maybe these furniture companies advertise mainly to offset the costs against corporation tax, which would explain why bed promotions always seem to air even when most other advertisers have written a show off.

And the final ad was another Korean specialty. I've never come across another country where big housing development companies run TV ads which are meant to convince viewers that incurring horrendous debts in order to move into a tiny apartment in a dense forest of high-rises will enormously enhance the quality of your family life. For instance, their feel-good imagery suggests, you'll be able to take joyous strolls with your two picture-book pretty kiddies round the three trees and a flowerbed in a central grassy patch surrounded by concrete towers. Or, with maybe an even stronger appeal in Korean culture, since the apartment development has its own library, your teenagers can stagger home from their hagwon when government regulations force it to close its doors at midnight and go straight on to another couple of hours cramming in a location a short stroll from your tower block, which was the seductive prospect held out by Switzen Construction in tonight's third and final pre-show ad.

Joking aside, I am now a little doubtful whether this show will be allowed to run its scheduled course. So let's enjoy it while we can.

just watched episode 4 with subs. and i still cant find myself hating jingyu. there's something about his character that makes me want to root for him to turn into a better person. i liked how his involvement in the racing was revealed. it was inline with his character and i even can understand why he lied in front of the cop. like he said, he came back from the brink of death and trying to live as a better human being (in his own way). 

kangsu is righteous and there's nothing wrong with that. jingyu on the other hand is so flawed and makes mistakes left and right. 

for now, i think i'll stick around for our 2nd lead as his character is more intresting than kangsu. plus, his interactions with both girls are fun to watch.

p/s: i personally hope the accident scene will not be dragged out and everything will be settled in next week's episodes. 

STRONGEST DELIVERY MAN kang soo. It's must watch drama everything just perfect cast to storyline. Love it.

Kang soo want justice for his friend but on other side JG I can also understand his situation as he afraid if his father came to about this whole incident then JG dead. Omo but kind of situation is this life is not Easy for anyone. 

JY and kang soo so cute together and love fight between JY❤JG so funny and interesting. 

The rain scene between JY and KS so touching. And she afraid of cockroach and again in KS room.

DanA save JG and now he is repaying him with sincerity. guardian for Dana so funny. 

I can't wait to watch next episode. Its going to be more interesting now Dana take JG side as she know about him . Now the game begin -friends -fight -justice -believe -trust-love and most importantly fun.....❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤love you KS -JY -JG -dana

I watched 4 episodes of SD and my opinion did not change.

I like all characters except the rich girl.

Her interactions with second lead guy are cute and fine but I dont like the idea that she wants to use KS to get rid of the rich guy when KS treated her so well.

I m disappointed with the rich guy. If he wants to do a new beginning he should take responsibility of his wrong doings but I believe at the end he will understand it.I m hoping they wont spend the entire drama showing us his transformation to a good guy and finally I want to see more of KS.

What is his story ?

What happened to his mother ?

4 episodes now I got very familiar with the rich guy and my knowledge for KS its  minimal.

As for the preview of 5 ep. I m confused.

So the rich girl helps KS and Danah helps the rich guy?

Does she know what this guy indirectly with his racing cars hobby did? Is she yelling to KS because he wants him to admit his mistake?

Sorry , I reffer to them as rich girl /rich boy but I dont know yet their character's name.

Archived