[Drama 2017] Strongest Deliveryman 최강배달꾼

Go Seung Ji

Still only three ads in the pre-show prime slot. Looks like the advertisers aren't convinced by the ratings rise just yet. But the rather lengthy recap sequence ( 5 minutes long!) indicates that KBS is hoping there'll be new viewers joining today who need tha background. But also, such long recap sequences also serve to pad out the time-slot if shortage of advertising has cut the permitted run-tim of the episode itself...

And now it's over.  Actual runtime of the episode (discounting all that catchup stuff) 48 mins.  I've never known a drama that was trimmed so much thanks to absence of advertisers that was allowed to run to its planned run of episodes. But also, the need to cut the runtime means that the less essential bantering sequences get edited down, which takes away some of the verbal fun. Let's hope the ratings curve comtinues to rise steeply.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the first two episodes. Kinda promising even though I got bored on the majority of the first episode. 

Introducing some mysteries is good. Hopefully they resolve it in a interesting way. 

I'll watch the third and forth episode if I have time. .

1 hour ago, triplem said:

did anything significant happen?  

It sure did.  But the overall effect was lessened because events that should have taken up a significant chunk of screen time, thus impressing on viewers that a corresponding span of action-time had also elapsed, were cut down thanks to the need to lose runtime.that handn't been covered by ad sales.

That applies particularly to the phase where Dana and Kang Su were moonlighting in the restaurant kitchen after official closing hours, cooking and delivering meals as a "shadow" enterprise of their own to help claw back the enormous setback to Dana's D Day budget caused by her need to pay for her private hospital suite and the vase she broke, which was officially valued at a collossal sum. As we expect of them, they are scrupulous about replacing all the restaurant supplies they've used out of their takings before the restaurant's business day counts, though one morning the Chef and the Punstress arrives earlier than they expect as they are doing just that. Thinking they've been rumbled they both look very sheepish, but the Punstress thinks that was because she'd nearly caught them in an amorous clinch (hence that clip in last weeks teaser.)

As a knock-on consequence of having to compress that span in todays plot sequence to the bare minimum of screen time,  JG's unexpected emergence from jail at the cliffhanger  as swell-suited and cocky CEO of the new chain run by JY's Mom, whose first branch deliberately tagetted (as was planned in the first episode) Hyon Su's granny's beef-bone-broth business, seemed rather too slick and premature (although we gather there was something corrupt behind it, since a moment before they spotted him, Dana and KS had spoken of him still being in custody pending trial and likely to get an increased sentence for resisting arrest).

4 hours ago, triplem said:

anks Loads  ! So JG did not pay for Dana's hospital bill ?

He was arrested (though with typical Kdrama police incompetence, he got away and it took the biker army to finally corner him and hand him over to the law) just as was going to pay Da Nas medical bills. Undeterred, after getting away from the cops he picked Da Na up (without her knowing at first that he was on the run) and took her to a bank to give her the cash to pay the hospital bills and, more importantly, to finance her emigration, but in the meantime his father, furious at the publicity in which JY's TV journalist friend played a big part, had cleared out all his accounts. Then, to crown her misery, the vase owner arrived with that huge certificated valuation,

It wasn't altogether clear to me on first viewing whether Kang Su fully appreciated of the big part JY played in all this, not only in getting her friend from has a morning TV news magazine on board, but also in valiantly keeping JG out of the loop  when the mass leafletting campain for witnesses was under way, first by wheedling him into taking her to see three movies in succession at three different movie theaters, then suggesting they should spend the night together to stop him going home, where he might have been tipped off and called on his family's influence to get the cmpaign blocked and the broadcast prevented. Fortunately for her, he was horrifed at her risqué suggestion, and made his escape. She was worried her mission might have failed, but she'd already wearied him so much that he couildn't do anything else that night.

We don't know yet whether or not DG is the son-in-law, or merely a S-in-L candidate where JY's mother is concerned. I'd be inclined to go for the latter. More of what has ensued in the interim will emerge tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, baduy said:

He was arrested (though with typical Kdrama police incompetence, he got away and it took the biker army to finally corner him and hand him over to the law) just as was going to pay Da Nas medical bills. Undeterred, after getting away from the cops he picked Da Na up (without her knowing at first that he was on the run) and took her to a bank to give her the cash to pay the hospital bills and, more importantly, to finance her emigration, but in the meantime his father, furious at the publicity in which JY's TV journalist friend played a big part, had cleared out all his accounts. Then, to crown her misery, the vase owner arrived with that huge certificated valuation,

It wasn't altogether clear to me on first viewing whether Kang Su fully appreciated of the big part JY played in all this, not only in getting her friend from has a morning TV news magazine on board, but also in valiantly keeping JG out of the loop  the evening before the story broke next day, first by wheedling him into taking her to see three movies in succession at three different movie theaters, then suggesting they should spend the night together to stop him going home, where he might have been tipped off and called on his family's influence to get the broadcast called off. Fortunately for her, he was horrifed at her risqué suggestion, and made his escape. She was worried her mission might have failed, but she'd already wearied him so much that he couildn't do anything else that night and the program aired without obstruction.

We don't know yet whether or not DG is the son-in-law, or merely a S-in-L candidate where JY's mother is concerned. I'd be inclined to go for the latter. More of what has ensued in the interim will emerge tomorrow.

thank you so much on your insight for todays ep.

was there a time jump? i read JG was arrested and then released and then work for JY's mother. 

p/s: i'm not liking how things are turning out. give JG a break. i will watch the subbed ep to understand better.

25 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

was there a time jump?

Not one of the usual Kdrama "ONE YEAR LATER: variety. A few seconds before Da Na and Kand Su were flabbergasted to see JG in all his natty-suited executive glory, they'd been talking about how long a sentence he was likely to get, so something fishy has happened to get him out so early, maybe without even a proper trial. . In the same dialogue, we learn that Hyeon Su is still in a come.)All the same, the length of the "moonlight enterprise" Da Na and Kang Su engaged in was sufficient to pay down her large new debts and bring her D Day counter back closer to where it was before her encounter with JG (we saw the count to D-Day dropping  again in an animated overlay as she carried out their "private" food delivery service.)  But it doesn't come across as that long, since it probably fell foul of the imperative to reduce the run time for the reasons I've outlined in earlier posts.

44 minutes ago, jina_bing_bang said:

Yes, JG couldn't pay for Dana's hospital bill, the money he owed her for saving his life, and the vase he was going to repay for her as she fainted while on delivery. His warrant for arrest was already out and he was getting chased by the cops. His dimples though still get me lol and I do want to see more of his development, but after the end of Ep. 5 and seeing the preview for Ep. 6 it seems that we'll have to see howthis plays out and also it will be interesting to see how things change between Kang Soo and JiYoon once somehow it is revealed that her mom is the one who rescued JG out of his situation

There was a one month time jump, but not a real time jump if that makes sense. As Dana and Kang Soo were talking he mentioned it's only been a month and that he still needs to fulfill his punishment as HyunSoo is still unconscious too, then the ending scene with JG and JY's mom in front of the new store 

--

What an episode! I can see JG is supposed to be the "bad" guy but he does have layers and looking forward to how Ep. 6 will go tomorrow as in the preview JG said that She (JY's mom) is the only one who believes in him and is his way out to the world....I think he might have been telling JY this since we see a small glimpse of JG, JY, and her mom at the cafe where she works. I do understand both points of view from Kang Soo and Jin Gyu, on one hand I just want them to have their bromance again but then again I want to see all the drama and development of the various relationships since everyone is connected. Things will just get more and more interesting.

I can see Mrs Jung [JiYoon's mom] start to have JG take on a role in the company to be her son in law but it makes me be even more confused want together...then again can't everyone just get along and have no love rectangle going on? :tongue:

I am hoping more and more people start watching this drama! What did you guys think of Ep. 5?

i just finished watching the subbed episode 5. now i have a better understanding of what happened.

my views:

1. i appreciate JG still wanting to pay DN while he was on the run. That was the only thing he was thinking about : paying DN.

2. JG got out from jail merely a month after his arrest. from ep 6 preview: most likely due to JY's mother's doing

3. KS was aware of JY's involvement in capturing JG but i'm not sure if he's aware what a pivotal role she played. the girl took JG's phone and spent a whole day with him.

4. i personally think DN understands both JG and KS. she knows JG was once on the brink of death and still decided to help him even though she knew he was on the run from cops, on the other hand she also knows KS wouldnt act crazy without reason.

5. i hope JG is still up for trial. and a witness can comeup saying HS ran the red light or HS himself wakes up and share what happened that night. imo, HS is also responsible for his accident. and why was HS in a taxi not an ambulance? you're not supposed to move a critically injured person without medical know-how.

6. i still like JG. he's so flawed and i'm rooting for him. from ep 6 preview, it seems he came out of prison and is working to pay DN and help her immigrate. (i could be wrong, this is what i captured from the preview)

i expected the drama to be fluffy and light. but in actuality its far from that. hoping the drama does not turn full makjang. right now i feel like watching baker king. with all the chaebols, poor main lead, somewhat a birth secret (does KS even know how his mother looks like?) etc2. 

On 8/13/2017 at 9:05 AM, KiwiNeko said:

I see this drama as more hangout drama than a plot-driven one so as long as the characters stay quirky and likeable, I'll keep watching. It's like Dan Ah and Kang Soo are running some kind of chaebol reform school. So far, they seem to have more scenes with the rich kids than with each other... they almost seem like they're too similar to end up together. But since they came to Seoul on the same bus as revealed in the epilogue, I'm guessing they're the OTP.

I'm sad to see the bromance end so early, but it's true that despite the jerky behavior, Jin Gyu is character you want to cheer on. Sure Kang Soo is right, but Jin Gyu is far more sympathetic. Maybe it's because we know about the messed-up abusive relationship he has with his dad? Or how he's smitten with Dan Ah? It's the killer dimples when he smiles, isn't it? I still can't believe this is the same actor who played that dorky guy on Chief Kim.

I'm really curious about the relationship between the chef and the noodle store owner. Looks like she knows about his shady past. I also watch Falsify where the same actor who plays the chef (Jo Hee Bong) runs a tabloid newspaper. It's a little weird. So when the chef isn't around, I assume he's helping Namgoong MIn fight media corruption.

OMG!! I was literally just having the same thought as you about the "hang out" drama; I hope it stays that way all the way to the end.

I agree with you and am so sad their bromance ended so soon and almost so abruptly, I wonder how and if they'll have them reconnect. I sure hope so, because they were a good team. 

This is one of the dramas where I wish the leads would swap couples: Dan Ah would stay with the chaebol and Kang Soo with the rich girl. However, when the chaebol interacts with the rich girl, that's cute too, the way he teases her is so funny. 

I love this drama every character just stole my heart. Ko gyung pyo  (KS)❤❤❤. The ending scene of ep 5 is just a beginning of new game wao. 

I knew it only JY's mother save JG because she need a puppet who follow her orders as her daughter not become her puppet she want her son in law to be her puppet. Now more interesting track begin . So much excited for today's episode. 

Now Dana and KS relationship also begin and I like it actually I have to say that KS-JY, KS -DẠ ,JY-JG, JG -DẠ each couple chemistry and compatibility so beautiful and lovly.

Now I also want they begin some KS's mother story I really want to know whether JY's mother is KS'mother or not.

26.jpg?type=w800_q75We need more bromance moments.......no love rivals please writers.

32.jpg?type=w800_q75JG sad because break up between KS and JG :D

43.jpg?type=w800_q75JY's mother , JG saver or probably mother in law but KS's mother. .......? ? ? 

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

3. KS was aware of JY's involvement in capturing JG but i'm not sure if he's aware what a pivotal role she played. the girl took JG's phone and spent a whole day with him.

He knows about the vital part played by her journalist friend. However, JY deliberately didn't tell him, either before or afterwards as far as we can tell, of her clever scheme to make sure JG was out of the way all the time the evidence-gathering campaign was at its peak. It's as though she doesn't want him to see her just yet as anything more than the slightly dippy pseudo-teenager she pretends to be when trying to get what she wants out of "her Ajeossi"  When one of KS's friends asks KS during their celebration what relationship he and JY have, JY gets in very fast with "he's my guardian" and so diverts the issue into a joke for the time being. It's as though she's decided that she needs to play a long-term game if she's to outwit both her mother and Dana and win over the man she wants.

Yay!!! SIX ads in today's pre-show slot. That means we should get closer to a full hour's drama today.

So that's how Dana gets to be KS's official girlfriend. He goes to protest to the proscutor who authorized JG's release and gets arrested for his pains. As a result he doesn't show up for delivery duties and his employers declare that he's fired. Dana protests and they're amazed. Previously she was always the the first one to fire any delivery riders who slacked off. So the conclude that she must be defending him  because they're secret lovers. Dana protests that's anything but true, but decides the only way to get KS of the hook is to go along with their belief, so they'll keep him on for her sake, knowing they wouldn't want to do without her.

Great!  With the advertisers back on board, we did indeed get our full 59 mins 30 secs of drama today. Much better variety, change of pace and flow than in yesterday's chopped down offering, and more room for wacky humor.

Dana's misconceptions about Kang Su came to an abrupt end after she presented him with a dress. But she hadn't much time to kick herself before the cops arrived to arrest him for the assault on JG. The teaser shows us that KS will be the one in jail next week. But I suspect Seong Jae won't let him take the rap for what he did for very long and will probably turn himself in and get Kang Su out again, unless Jin Gyu decides to drop the charges, after the tongue-lashing we hear him getting from Dana in the teaser. Though it also from the teaser as though Seong Jae attacks JG yet again, but without wearing a mask this time, so that's what may lead to Kang Su's vindication. It will be interesting, though to see how the fact that Kang Su is charged with violent assault and admitted the offense to the arresting officers (to protect Seong Ju, no doubt) influences the way both Dana and JY stand with regard to him and his supposed victim JG.  JG is obviously delighted that Kang Su has apparently proved himself to be anything but righteous and he'll be wanting to push his advantage to the max both with Da Na, and with JY, whom he has to try to win over in order to meet the conditions under which JY's Mom got him out of jail after his father disowned him. As before, he's hard to dislike all that much. When Kang Su was first mooted as his likely assailant, he was adamant that he'd never do such a thing.  So the apparently damning CCTV evidence shook JG as much as the other people who knew and admired KS.

Anyway, since this thread appears to be fizzling out, I'll just post a translation of the text preview that's just gone up and leave it at that for now.

Episode 7 text preview

Dana refuses to believe that Kang Su committed the crime for which the police arrested him.

Ji Yun and all the delivery riders approach Jin Gyu and try to establish Kang Su's innocence

Kang Su suddenly finds himself thinking of Dana, and Dana feels the absence of Kang Su from her daily life and misses him badly.

My love for this drama increases  episode by ep.

All the funny moments between JY and JG  so much interesting I love both of them together.

On the other side I'm feeling so sad for both KS and JG.  KS taking blame for someone else. He always help everyone but this time he need his friends. JG whenever I see him feeling of lonliness spread in the air No one is there for him he is trying hard to do work and to date JY . For now JY's mother help him out but if she is kS's mother when she came to know about this may be she turn back . I really wish JY can understand his lonliness and his efforts if she doesn't like him it's okay but atleast give him a chance as friends. Thinking about he is alone no one is there for him ; his family doesn't care about him.:bawling:

Both JY and Dana claiming kang soo . But upto now both JY and dana haven't seen each other. But now atleast dana misunderstanding about KS clear now. That gift really dana so much funny. Kiss vs air blow more funny. 

On 8/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, baduy said:

Best moment for me in today's ep..

KS: You needn't feel guilty where I'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with trusting someone. I trusted that jerk, too.

Same for me.

Best moment for me from ep.6:

tumblr_ouyh9aT6AA1w2zf0ho1_540.png

Watched ep 6. Thoughts

• It seems like KS wants to save his friend and confirms being the culprit.
  • Dana seems to slowly fall for KS, I actually like her character development. She likes KS, she likes that he is a good person. 
  • JY, my girl, was awesome at the cinema, I like how she treats JG.
  • Still I really hope JG & JY won't end up as couple.
  • I wished that KS would had the opportunity to give that dress to JY, just to increase the level of confusion between the triangle :D 
  • Dana's level of dropping wisdom increases with each episode.
  • With that in mind, I can't deny that she has potential of becoming the girl on KS's side, Although I wish it will be JY in the end. I just can't abandon my second leads, especially when they are so cute as JY. 
  • I wonder when KS starts his own company.
  • JG switches between being a decent human and just being that chaebol jerk. Sometimes his real self shines through and sometimes you can see that he really tries to be a nice guy and become a nice person.
  • I wonder how KS will prove his innocence. I guess the easiest way would be his friend confessing, but somehow I think that would be too easy for dramaland. I also ask myself if Dana is beleiving in his innocence right away. Will she think that he has done it or will she know right away that this can't be? And will JY do something?

Rating EP.6: 6.3% (increased yayyy!! :D)

Quick question; Is this drama perhaps gonna make JG a bad person? :(

----

[SPOILERS] STRONGEST DELIVERYMAN E05

Spoiler

0003600790_001_20170819000510371.jpg

1.png
strong.png
Naver - Osen: 'Strongest Deliveryman' Kim Sun Ho, Instead of paying for what he did he became a manager...a strong shock

1. [+342, -9] I'm really shocked ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+259, -17] Oh today was frustrating but after watching the preview it made my heart flutters but It was good that they didn't drag the racing for so long but writer stop shoving things....ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+242, -19] It would have been better if he paid for his doings ㅜ

4. [+186, -12] How did that happen?ㅋ

5. [+266, -45] Wa he is really a bad guy, If he paid for his doings I would have seen him as a human again, I'm looking forward to his life after people abandoning him, losing all his money and regretting everything!!

6. [+55, -6] That's the reality ㅠㅠㅠ the story of our world ㅠㅠㅠ the innocents are always guilty but the once who have someone they are always innocent ㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+86, -18] It's totally my style of drama. It is dynamic to young people to overcome adversity and live proudly. But please give the drama a full time because I feel like it ends so quickly.

8. [+28, -0] Originally, many rich parents do not want to leave their own children in jail...this is the reality of the rich in our country...If you are not rich you will get punish...For example, Incheon Women's Elementary murder case

9. [+77, -17] I thought he will pay for what he did and then come back. There is nothing money can't afford. I was as shocked as Gang Soo ㄷㄷ

10. [+63, -13] A dirty world that can be resolved with money

-cr-

Archived