[Drama 2017] ♚ Seven day Queen 7일의 왕비 ♚

Admin

1 hour ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Queen Dangyeong was born in 1487 & she married Grand Prince Jinseong in 1499. Although as Princess Consort (부부인,府夫人) for 7 years, it was a turbulent time to start a family. Yeonsangun reign wasn't peaceful. I

So She was roughly 12 to 13.........Her case cannot be like that of Marie Antoinette but then again who knew....maybe actual Yeok and Lady Shin from History had similar issues like Louise XVI and Marie :tongue:

4 hours ago, raziela said:

I can understand this as Yeonsangun wasn't just some incompetent weak king.  He was hands down the worst tyrant of Joseon; he was rapist, a mass murderer, spendthrift who bankrupted the people and a deviant.  We've seen hints of his incompetence particularly in Yeok's research but the drama so far the hasn't had the courage to explore this in depth or just pins it on his two nasty sidekicks.  It might be distasteful to the domestic audience to see his documented crimes ignored or glossed over just for sympathy points as the third wheel in a fictional love triangle.  As an example of an average person's feeling towards Yeonsangun I was reading a 2016 article on The Economist website about the recent removal and impeachment of Korea's corrupt president. Park Geun-hye.  The movement against her was largely led and supported by the general population.  A Korean reader described her as the worst Korean ruler since Yeonsangun in the 16th century.  That should give you an idea of how bad his reputation is amongst the general Korean population.

I don't know, maybe. I see it too. They barely mention Yeonsangun crimes out loud. He has done some crazy richard simmons and there's no way to bypass that. So, what they are doing here is they are keeping that information in the background and alluding to it. It may put off some viewers if not all. I also feel they need to figure out a way to address his level of madness and the cruel nature and the actor definitely can do it given his skills. As an International viewers, my emotions to historical accuracy and a tyrant King will clearly be less strong than domestic viewers. That may be the reason why certain people don't watch it. But I've seen most people praising the story, acting online so maybe they just watch it later. Although I must add, viewership of all shows in the slot were terrible this week.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, saved2K said:

Most likely but we still do not know how this will end.  What we can assure you.... this is one of the best dramas I have seen  this year.  Not a fan of sad endings too but for 7DQ I'm ready for the heartbreak

I promised myself that I will not see any tear jerker drama after  I watched uncontrollably fond... 

but I can't help watching 7DQ because of the story and the history of yeok/ck fascinate me a lot... 

thanks to chingu @gerrytan8063 I learned more about Korean history... 

7 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

If rating reach 3%, I pretty sure about eps cut down.They push Manhole frist script today and filming soon, KBS ready for a cut down ep. Although I think after cut down eps, rating will lower and lower.

I hope KBS won't cut it down the eps. Just as healer they kept it til 20 eps.

1 minute ago, beasima said:

Second to that... hope they continue the drama until episode 20... 

i believe that it is already sold to Japanese market and one of the tourism drama representative..

i am willing to help to boost this drama in other site but the problem is I can't understand Korean language... otokeee 

6 hours ago, babytotoro said:

@gerrytan8063

Thank you for sharing with us, Gerry. It is always nice to know about the real historical story behind these figures. 

"糟糠之妻 Jogang Ji Cheo Queen Dangyeong"
For anyone who is wondering what do the bold words mean. 
Meaning: A wife who has shared her spouse's hardship
It means that Queen Dangyeong was acknowledged as the wife and queen that has been through thick and thin with King Jungjong. 

WOW...... she was awesome before..... and she is awesome now too..... :wub:

1 hour ago, yujien said:

I know ywy dramas but i am not into him until this drama happens I spent whole night digging information about him... 

now I like him more.... 

by the way chingu @queenieswan did he finish his engineering degree?  Just curious 

Yes I saw that he has a degree in engineering, it never says on his personal that he's a dropped out thou..... He was a model before becoming an actor... and a non smoker...

16 minutes ago, beasima said:

I dont think so.... they should proceed with the plans.. Since many international fans anticipating the complete episodes (20)... since, it'll be aired in Japan too.. 

I re-watched ep 9 again while on threadmill..

CK: where are you going?

Prince; Im going to win your heart

CK; I dont have a heart to give

Prince: I do..

10 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

I dont think so.... they should proceed with the plans.. Since many international fans anticipating the complete episodes (20)... since, it'll be aired in Japan too.. 

I hope they will not cut this since this drama is really awesome.  I checked the other dramas, their ratings also dropped significantly.  7DQ's rating dropped to 4.7 but it was not as significant as the other 2.  If combined ratings of all 3 dropped significantly, then what are they watching???? 

12 minutes ago, hrh77 said:

I don't think too, this drama to perfect for that.

8 minutes ago, saved2K said:

I hope they will not cut this since this drama is really awesome.  I checked the other dramas, their ratings also dropped significantly.  7DQ's rating dropped to 4.7 but it was not as significant as the other 2.  If combined ratings of all 3 dropped significantly, then what are they watching???? 

News

All I can say at the end of episode 10: 전하, 아니되옵니다! That...is not the way to a lady's heart! I wonder if a king can take back a royal order, hmm. In any case, even though I love the main ship, it makes me sad to think that in the drama, if Chae-gyung stayed by the king's side, he could've been a better, more just ruler. Sigh, this all in all just makes me sad lmao.

I've rewatched ep 10 a couple of times. Waiting for subs.

it's interesting to note that episode begins with Yeok's hug and the king watching and ends with the positions reversed - the king's forceful hug and kiss with Yeok as a bystander. It shows the king's descent into madness and seals the deal with him being the baddie; though we can see how he is the victim of circumstance. 

CK is full of love and sunshine. And so very resourceful! You can't keep her down lol

I love the nanny! Her whole family is awesome but nanny is so particularly endearing.

Yeok gives CK enough space. He loves her so very much but he lets her be what she wants to be and doesn't force her like the king. Though he has his way of getting to her and getting his way. That's the deal breaker for me. True love gives but does not demand. 

Lol every episode has the king in his bath. 

Secretary Im is so used to the king's torture, he doesn't even react when CK puts the sword to his neck. Lol

And Yeok can conveniently hear everything he needs to. Lol

Seo No is like a puppy who found its owner when he meets CK lol

the water splashing scene is such fan service :D

and MH has some definite chemistry with Seo No. MH, dear obsessed female, leave the prince and look at SN, he has a heart of gold.

there is a lot of conversation in today's ep as well, hope the subs are out soon

86June 28, 2017

Seven Day Queen: Episode 9

by javabeans

7dayqueen9-00982.jpg

There’s a touch of brightness today that’s reminiscent of the childhood camaraderie that I loved so much—when our prince wants to be charming, there’s really no defending against it. But there’s also a hint of more weighty matters on the horizon, as well as the touch of darkness that always threatens to erupt into full-scale disaster between the two brothers. It just seems to intensify with every encounter, which is great for the drama’s narrative arc, and maybe less good for my blood pressure.

COMMENTS

I absolutely love what this drama is doing with Yeonsangun (and what Lee Dong-gun is doing with the portrayal), because he is so incredibly conflicted and layered. All of his emotions are recognizable and understandable, but the true anticipation comes in trying to predict which will prevail. In any encounter with Yeok, you can sense that even as he’s sparring with his brother, he’s also fighting with himself, as well as fighting to maintain the image of being in complete control of his feelings. Basically, Yeonsangun is in perpetual fight mode, and it highlights his loneliness and fear—but the power he wields (and, more importantly, the willingness with which he wields it) is so great that we can’t ever rest firmly in sympathy territory. I always find it more tragic when people are the authors of their own demises, and he’s the classic example of that.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/seven-day-queen-episode-9/

I really am in dismay over the ratings but whatever, Koreans have different taste; I suppose. Everything up to episode 10 has been so beautiful written and acted. I've even been compelled to read up about Joseon history and Yeonsangun and King JungJo. I really like how the drama is showing Yeongsangun as having his own internal battles, not just a tyrant as history has made him to be.  I am especially loving the interaction between our OTP. Can the love in their eyes be more expressive? YWJ and PMY are blowing their acting out of the waters and their chemistry is so good! I really hope they don't show us the love story of MH and the Grand Prince into this! This is a story about Queen Dangyeong and I can't bear to see the Grand Prince with anyone else but Chae Kyeong in this drama. All I want to see is them get married and have 7 beautiful years together before the dreaded 7 days. 

You guys, that scene where she was touching his chest, I thought those were boobs and was ""WHAT!!!!!!"" 

I did see him take his "shirt " off and was impressed at his physic! But yeah those pectorals looked like boobs.... like breast implants boobs!! 

10 hours ago, saved2K said:

I got confusing feelings while watching rhis episode, part of me is happy that our OTP is finally together but at the same time feel sad that Yeok could partly be only using Chae Kyung to achieve his political ambition. I wish we can turn back the time to the younger Yeok when his love for her is pure and selfless.

@shimshimae @saved2KTo survive in court you have to be ruthless to a certain extent or you end up dead, deposed, executed or exiled.  Yeok is a prime example.  He was pure and selfless in his love for his brother and Chae Kyung and look what happened to him: CK betrayed him to keep her family safe (I am not blaming her by the way. She was in a very difficult position) and his brother terrorised him for years, exiled and then had him assassinated.  Yeok was physically and emotionally damaged, crippled, traumatised  and lost everything. He's a survivor. He isn't going to be the same person he was as a teenager before all those terrible things happened to him

Personally I don't think there is any doubt of Yeok's love for CK but he is a realist and he knows that her political connections are useful too especailly in persuading his mother and her side.  He needs his mother's consent to get married and there is no way she would allow a marriage without the political connections CK brings and by painting it as a strategy for political power it makes it more difficult for Myung Hye and her Uncle to oppose the plan.

9 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@raziela"

Spoiler

That's lovely her role at his side was acknowledged and so sad seeing how things ended for them"

Queen Dangyeong was indeed the virtuous wife that befit the Chinese idiom "糟糠之妻" 

Remember when Yeonsangun was dethrone by usurpers, hundred of soldiers surrounded Grand Prince Jinseong house & Grand Prince Jinseong thought it was the remnants of Yeonsangun loyalist who were out to kill him & Grand Prince Jinseong was ready to commit suicide than be taken but Queen Dangyeong dissuade him, by advising him that if the horses are facing them, then they are here to capture but if they are here to protect them then the tails will be facing them then found to be the latter. Grand Prince Jinseong ascend the throne as Jungjong

In the animation Jang Geum dreams, after Queen Dangyeong was deposed, she assures Jungjong not to worried about her welfare & to think of his duty in being a benevolent King for his people.

We have the folk tale of the red skirt on the rocks of Inwangsan mountain as a sign of appeasement for Jungjong longing for her

Queen Dangyeong then drop off historical obscurity, although there was call to restore her as Queen in 1515 but couldn't overcome political debates It was not until in 15th November 1544, Queen Dangyeong visit the gravely ill Jungjong in Hwangyeongjeon, Cheongdeokgung palace for the last time & Jungjong dies on the 29th November 1544

When Injong ascended the throne, Injong acknowledge Queen Dangyeong as his father's wife, change her residence name from Pyebigung (폐비궁,廢妃宮) to a more appropriate befitting Jasugung (자수궁,慈壽宮)

In 1557, when Queen Dangyeong dies in the 12th year of Myeongjong, she was given 2nd rank (이등례, 二等禮) befitting of a Princedom funeral & rites

Lastly Queen Dangyeong restoration of her Queenship in 1739 had been mentioned in previous posting

Thanks for the information again. Despite so little of her life being recorded from the little we do know Queen Dangyeong seems like she was a wonderful woman.

I love the score and songs used for this drama. I've never enjoyed all the songs on a Koran drama OST.  The music supervisor is doing a great job.

Archived