[Drama 2017] The Best Hit / 최고의 한방 Thank You for watching !

eunsungjisung

YSY even has chemistry with himself (the 2 HJs scene):D KMJ, since I rarely watch dramas I don't really know him except from Goblin before (didn't watch RDTK), and can only say he's good (tbvh, I don't dare to call someone's acting bland or give critique unless he/she is indeed bad). But CEW gave me a surprise, a pleasant surprise because he really nailed that cheeky, naughty, sweet MJ lol. LSY hmm... I've never watched her works before, only Jewel in the Palace but I didn't know she was there, I know her from this drama. I didn't know she was a child actress tbh, child actresses' dramas that I've watched were from the Kim Trio (shows how little my knowledge in kdrama).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. I dont mean KMJ's acting is not good. I mean aura is bland, as in he doesnt capture your attention. Doesnt make you remember him in that role. Same with LSY. I also cant recall her, although i watched Jewel in the Palace several times. I cant even recall her face, and have to google. But then you have child actress like Malsook who you definitely wont forget. Or Kim Yoo Jung and Kim So Hyun. Like or dislike them, you remember them. Because they just capture your attention. That's what i refer to as 'star aura'. Haha. Cos i dont know what else to name it. Like CEW, he makes you rmbr him even though its a minor role. And you feel impressed and want to see more of him. Same with YSY when he started out in High Kick 2. When i watched it, initially in the first few episodes. his role was pretty small, not noticeable. But his chemistry with Hwang Jung Eum was great and he became an interesting character. Thats probably when writers decided to give him a bigger role in the sitcom, as episodes progressed. As his debut project, i dont think they cast him as a main initially, but because he was popular, they increased his screentime, which later leads to him getting the lead for Baker King Kim Tak Gu. The rest is history.... 

1 hour ago, hyuuhikari said:

YSY even has chemistry with himself (the 2 HJs scene):D KMJ, since I rarely watch dramas I don't really know him except from Goblin before (didn't watch RDTK), and can only say he's good (tbvh, I don't dare to call someone's acting bland or give critique unless he/she is indeed bad). But CEW gave me a surprise, a pleasant surprise because he really nailed that cheeky, naughty, sweet MJ lol. LSY hmm... I've never watched her works before, only Jewel in the Palace but I didn't know she was there, I know her from this drama. I didn't know she was a child actress tbh, child actresses' dramas that I've watched were from the Kim Trio (shows how little my knowledge in kdrama).

LSY  In  vampire detective I like her more from here.

Kim min jae in twenty again  really impressive 

14 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

LSY  In  vampire detective I like her more from here.

Kim min jae in twenty again  really impressive 

I love LSY since Wolgyesu tailor, she is very cute there & had a great chemistry with her partner (Lee hyun woo). I think it's only her 2nd adult role & although she's not the main lead there she was able to get best new actress & best couple awards from KBS & also best new actress award from baeksang for her role in Wolgyesu ( even beat the main couple for the best couple award, lol).

Imo LSY is naturally cute, if anyone think she is not so natural here in TBH for me it's because her character was meant to be like that, Woo seung came from a broken family so her character always feel awkward & uncomfortable to act cute/express her feelings since ep 1. I'd very recommended you to watch Wolgyesu tailor to see how natural her aegyo there. :D

13 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

1. JH and Drill performance. I honestly dont need to watch it and I understand why the production did not show it. Other than time constraints, there's the choreography, building the model for the performance, or maybe even apply for an appearance in Music Bank like J2 (Hong Kyung Min and YSY). Not to mention the budget. I think its perfectly understandable. For me, i personally am not interested to watch it, so i dont mind not having it. Besides, that song wasnt even sung by JH and Drill. They used the song by Changmo, one of the OSTs. The impression was given that JB debut and are being received well. That was actually sufficient imo because they are the side characters. 

2. WS have never been shown to have any great dream. She was studying to take exam to be a public worker, something like the police, like her ex-best friend/ex-roommate, EunHa. She failed the test for the 3rd time and lost her part-time jobs in the earlier episodes. Subsequently, she worked in Star Punch as an intern, studying on her own without attending full time classes, just occasional lectures. After Dabong left her, in the final ep we see WS working for GJ at World Ent, and JH mentioned WS is learning to compose songs so GJ gave her a file of songs for WS's reference. WS and MJ's conversation also tells us she is composing some music on her own. What we can guess from here is she probably felt inspired by DB's talent in song composition, plus she misses DB. So she gave up her 'dream' that wasnt so great a dream anyway, to work on composing songs. Her mother was a mystery and our own speculation from the beginning. It wasnt an important character. 

3. BH-JH, GJ-JH are a family now that GJ officially married BH. JH have always been registered as GJ's son. They even adopted Malsook. We were shown a scene in the bedroom where GJ and BH shared, and pictures of JH as a child were being displayed. There was never anything wrong with them in the beginning, nothing to wrap up from there? BH expresses that she have no intention in the near future to be a celeb. She just want to focus on being a mother and wife for the moment. GJ is the road manager for JH and Drill.

4. MJ already exposes his own plagiarism. In her conversation with WS, we understood that MJ is taking a break while learning how to compose his own songs. Given such a scandal over his plagiarism, it is understandable that it will take some time before he could make a comeback. As he hasnt given up, and still under GJ's management co, there is no doubt that GJ will help him when the time comes for MJ's comeback. Also, with HJ/DB back from the past, GJ did mention that he would get HJ/DB to coach the 'kids', referring to those artists under his company's management.

5. Do Hyeri debuted and was well received. She mentioned that her group is among the top 5 to JH when they met behind the stage. Since both HR and JH are under the spotlight now and are upcoming stars, they definitely would not be able to have any great romantic relationship in the near future. No doubt they remain friends and would likely meet each other at events or shows. 

6. What kinda connection of past 1993-2017 are you referring to? The fact that HJ got sent to 2017? It was just a chance, luck, accident. There is no specific connection. Please do not apply some other time travel stories/theories to this. It was a second chance for HJ. He was supposed to die if his time continued without that Kaola typhoon. With the Kaola typhoon, HJ was split into 2, one remains in the original timeline, another was sent to 2017. We followed the story from the HJ who was sent to 2017. With the advancement in medicine, HJ was able to be cured from his 'illness', that would have killed him had he stayed on in his original timeline. And it did for the 2nd HJ who stayed on in 1994. It was a second chance for life for HJ. Why did HJ in particular get such a special miracle? Well, he is the main character in this story, so of course he is entitled to the 'miracle' for a second chance in life. Nobody summoned him, if thats what you are expecting. 

7. Sorry, this story is not about trainee's life or cram school life. This story is about YHJ, the miracle, genius, lonely guy who was given a chance to live again, who would have died if he did not get this second chance at life. We were given a glimpse of a trainee's life through JH, Drill, and HR, and glimpse of cram school through WS. But the story is not about surviving trainee life or cram school life.

In the first 12 episodes, they were still building the story. Because HJ/DB just arrived from the past, he was still getting acquainted with the future and thinking he needed to go back to the past and living in secrecy, and he started off as someone who is selfish. We slowly see his transformation slowly into someone who becomes more involved with the lives of the people around him. In the meantime, the pressure of the lives of people around him forces HJ to also be involved in some ways, that eventually makes him come out of hiding. We see how JH and Drill failed their audition and loses the chance to debut. WS failed her test and loses her jobs. BH embarassed herself trying to make a comeback. GJ's financial troubles and the building was on the verge of being foreclosed by the bank. ST's forgetfulness. Things need to get worse before they start getting better no? Thats how stories are build. For HJ, on top of living in secrecy, he was also shooked by the news that he will be dying in a year's time. He has his own struggles. When he finally disclosed himself to GJ, even GJ told him to live in secrecy. But as time goes by, HJ become more invested in the lives of the ppl around him. Esp after learning from GJ that JH is his son, and learning from WS that JH is secretly training to be a singer. That lead HJ to caused the fiasco at the memorial dinner, exposing JH's secrets and the secret life of Drill, WS and HJ on the rooftop. As HJ gets more exposed, he becomes to do more and take over the center of the story. Because he was meant to do so, but he couldnt while living in secrecy could he? Its not because its a different tune. They were building the story for HJ character transformation. 

Noted very much. 

How is everyone coping with life post TBH??? I've been missing it so much! :)

I've been pondering about this drama - and I must stress again... in my 10+ years of watching K-dramas... I'm only feeling this because of two dramas - Oh Hae Young Again, and this one of course!

Anyways, yes - I've been thinking a lot... and reading a lot too, obviously. This drama, in the beginning, and at the end - stresses how important it is to follow your dreams... and to follow your dreams means to follow your heart. A lot of people, especially over at Dramabeans, have complained about the ending... they complained about the love line between HJ and WS (which we are all aware of, and almost all of us disagree with them)... they complained about not focusing on the time travel concept... then they complained about how nobody has really accomplished their dreams, so what's the point.

To me, every character in this drama has accomplished their dreams. To say that these characters didn't is to say that those watching are not really watching with their hearts and they don't understand the deep meaning and subtlety behind these characters' dreams.

The important message/concept here is not time travel, nor the family drama. Though they both play their parts in this drama to support the main theme of this drama.

Let's recap the dreams of our beloved characters and see how far they have come...

JH
- Debut *done*
- Confessing his feelings to his one-sided love *done*
- Getting closure for his feelings towards his dad *done*
- Letting his dad know what he's been up to and how he's doing *done*

MC Drill
- Debut *done*
- Coming clean with him being older *done*

MJ
- Coming clean with his past mistakes of his lies *done*
- Having a truthful and honest career *done*

Grandpa
- Making amends with his daughter *done*
- Making sure that Malsook is well taken care of and that she has a mother figure *done - when Malsook is officially registered under GJ's registry and that BH is officially her mom*

GJ
- Love towards BH being reciprocated and marrying her *done*
- Regaining his footing in the industry and relaunch World Entertainment *done*

BH
- Having a place in her life... this one has a more subtle color to it. From how I see it, her singing career was never the most important thing to her. For her it was her love for HJ - she was even willing to give up her career and go back to her hometown in order to keep the baby. When we first saw her in the beginning of the series, she only started having thoughts of coming back because of (1) the debt; and (2) the what-if's... but you can tell she was never fully emotionally invested. But now that she's officially a wife and a mother - and can say it out loud... she feels content to have this place in her life... so yes, her dreams... *done*

WS
- quite a few people over at Dramabeans complained about how she never got to fulfill her dream of becoming a civil servant. I'm actually quite amazed that they actually see that as her dream... instead of a means to an end. To me, WS' primary dream is to be independent financially, be freed from her mother's dependence, to not be abandoned anymore, to be part of a family. Her secondary dream is to maybe try song composition... but that's not what she craves the most in her life. She longs for the love she never had... and which she was able to find in HJ. So yes, her dreams... also *done*

HJ
- obviously a lot people are going to say his dream is to become a popular singer which he accomplished. But I would say that is not his primary dream either. This is a secondary dream - more like a byproduct of his personality, his needs for survival, his talents and his loneliness. His primary dream is also to be loved, to be part of a family, to be able to have friends, to have that sort of closeness in his life, which he never got to experience for the first half of his life pre-time travel. That is why the second time around in 2017 - he realized that (1) the byproduct of him being a star is exactly what's going to make him even more lonely, more isolated than before because being a celebrity is such a lonely path, and with his past experience of being a loner all his life it would only perpetuate it even more... and therefore (2) he no longer wants to be in the limelight even when GJ suggested... and all he wants is  to be in the background, grooming others, while he's in a collaborative environment with everyone else... and of course to be with WS because she's able to give him the love and the feeling of "coming home" - something he never experienced before (he talked about how both his parents were too busy working when he was young). So hell yes, his dreams... *done done DONE*

Now that we have laid out the real dreams of WS and HJ - it's crystal clear why a love line between WS and HJ is pivotal in the story, and pivotal in the character growth for both of them. It's not because the drama needs a ratings boost, nor that the writer changed ship midway. I stand by the theory I've always had - that it's always been the writer's intention of how this story unfolds... and that's why it's able to engage us in such an emotional way... and the time travel, the family aspect of it all are just supplementary in pushing out this theme and the line of events.

Ahhhhh I miss this drama so much :(

6 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

How is everyone coping with life post TBH??? I've been missing it so much! :)

I've been pondering about this drama - and I must stress again... in my 10+ years of watching K-dramas... I'm only feeling this because of two dramas - Oh Hae Young Again, and this one of course!

Anyways, yes - I've been thinking a lot... and reading a lot too, obviously. This drama, in the beginning, and at the end - stresses how important it is to follow your dreams... and to follow your dreams means to follow your heart. A lot of people, especially over at Dramabeans, have complained about the ending... they complained about the love line between HJ and WS (which we are all aware of, and almost all of us disagree with them)... they complained about not focusing on the time travel concept... then they complained about how nobody has really accomplished their dreams, so what's the point.

To me, every character in this drama has accomplished their dreams. To say that these characters didn't is to say that those watching are not really watching with their hearts and they don't understand the deep meaning and subtlety behind these characters' dreams.

The important message/concept here is not time travel, nor the family drama. Though they both play their parts in this drama to support the main theme of this drama.

Let's recap the dreams of our beloved characters and see how far they have come...

JH
- Debut *done*
- Confessing his feelings to his one-sided love *done*
- Getting closure for his feelings towards his dad *done*
- Letting his dad know what he's been up to and how he's doing *done*

MC Drill
- Debut *done*
- Coming clean with him being older *done*

MJ
- Coming clean with his past mistakes of his lies *done*
- Having a truthful and honest career *done*

Grandpa
- Making amends with his daughter *done*
- Making sure that Malsook is well taken care of and that she has a mother figure *done - when Malsook is officially registered under GJ's registry and that BH is officially her mom*

GJ
- Love towards BH being reciprocated and marrying her *done*
- Regaining his footing in the industry and relaunch World Entertainment *done*

BH
- Having a place in her life... this one has a more subtle color to it. From how I see it, her singing career was never the most important thing to her. For her it was her love for HJ - she was even willing to give up her career and go back to her hometown in order to keep the baby. When we first saw her in the beginning of the series, she only started having thoughts of coming back because of (1) the debt; and (2) the what-if's... but you can tell she was never fully emotionally invested. But now that she's officially a wife and a mother - and can say it out loud... she feels content to have this place in her life... so yes, her dreams... *done*

WS
- quite a few people over at Dramabeans complained about how she never got to fulfill her dream of becoming a civil servant. I'm actually quite amazed that they actually see that as her dream... instead of a means to an end. To me, WS' primary dream is to be independent financially, be freed from her mother's dependence, to not be abandoned anymore, to be part of a family. Her secondary dream is to maybe try song composition... but that's not what she craves the most in her life. She longs for the love she never had... and which she was able to find in HJ. So yes, her dreams... also *done*

HJ
- obviously a lot people are going to say his dream is to become a popular singer which he accomplished. But I would say that is not his primary dream either. This is a secondary dream - more like a byproduct of his personality, his needs for survival, his talents and his loneliness. His primary dream is also to be loved, to be part of a family, to be able to have friends, to have that sort of closeness in his life, which he never got to experience for the first half of his life pre-time travel. That is why the second time around in 2017 - he realized that (1) the byproduct of him being a star is exactly what's going to make him even more lonely, more isolated than before because being a celebrity is such a lonely path, and with his past experience of being a loner all his life it would only perpetuate it even more... and therefore (2) he no longer wants to be in the limelight even when GJ suggested... and all he wants is  to be in the background, grooming others, while he's in a collaborative environment with everyone else... and of course to be with WS because she's able to give him the love and the feeling of "coming home" - something he never experienced before (he talked about how both his parents were too busy working when he was young). So hell yes, his dreams... *done done DONE*

Now that we have laid out the real dreams of WS and HJ - it's crystal clear why a love line between WS and HJ is pivotal in the story, and pivotal in the character growth for both of them. It's not because the drama needs a ratings boost, nor that the writer changed ship midway. I stand by the theory I've always had - that it's always been the writer's intention of how this story unfolds... and that's why it's able to engage us in such an emotional way... and the time travel, the family aspect of it all are just supplementary in pushing out this theme and the line of events.

Ahhhhh I miss this drama so much :(

@joyue_1 your post is Da Bong! Thumbs Up emoticon (Hand gesture emoticons)

Image result for pictures of yoon shi yoon in The Best Hit ep 31 & 32

On 5/22/2017 at 8:43 PM, rachelyun said:

Caption:

Poster 1 "Twenty, their first love. Forty, the man’s last love."

you know who's whose first love and last love obviously:lol:

Poster 2 “Star, who disappeared without a trace 24 years ago, appears as an unemployed man in the neighborhood.”

it could really be a second chance w/o having to stressed out about the 'why' and 'how' hehe, because, it just happened!

Poster 3 “The most popular rooftop house under the sun, growth drama of youths who have no answer to their lives.”

they finally had the answer to their lives, finally achieved their dream one by one at the end, or to open up (for Drill)

Maybe, us/them/some who watched the drama were too caught up by character's description for the drama, such as Wooseung is Jihoon's friend who was struggling for civil servant exam and an optimist, and mistook it as her dream and that she should achieved it as the purpose of her character in the drama.

@joyue_1 your explanation is the answer to these posters :thumbsup:

honestly, at first I was interested (because of YSY, CTH, Yoo PD), then after the 1st poster came out I kind of lose interest because the poster looked... old? I mean I expected a modern drama but the poster definitely didn't look modern, then after I knew there was time-slip element I became interested again hahaha added with reading the posters' captions -> I was sold (what really solidified me to watch was those captions.... and YSY lol)

edit: I've just realized there is typhoon image in the last two posters, it had been a big part of the drama from the start! as a time traveling mediumB)

edit2: I don't know that I can't quote pics:dizzy: anyway, posters at page 5 hehe

Me three, four, five! Da-da-da-bong!!!!!! Well said @joyue_1

i also cant get over this wonderful drama. And i just completed rewatching for the endless time. :lol:

Maybe because i have watched this drama so many times, every dialogue feels like it has its underlying message and underlying joke. There's a lot of deeper meanings and indirect messages in certain conversations and scenes that never ceases to amaze me. Even the characters' growth has its underlying messages. 

And every question the viewers have was actually embeded in the dialogues itself, dressed up as questions posted by the characters themselves, and answered by themselves. 

To give a simple example: 

Viewer Qs: Why does HJ seems to have control of the time travel in the finale, all of a sudden?

In ep32 conversation between GJ and HJ, GJ asked HJ this same qs:

GJ: so you can come and go as you please (referring to time travel)?

HJ: its not as i please! I almost died! Im never doing it again, never!

A simple conversation but with a deep meaning. Those who missed it are just blinded by their dislike.

where to find such a smart drama? Haha... no wonder i cant move on...

Aww I watched the ending yesterday... I think I didn't want to let The Best Hit go. I do that sometimes ;_; It was a great and funny show that made me excited and happy, I'm glad it was a happy ending, but I'd wish if they were going to keep Da-bong and Woo-seung apart they should have done it longer, I wanted to feel pain for them a bit longer. But the reunion kiss!!! That was hot! 

I'll keep this drama in my heart because it's warm and smiley. I gained from this an increasing love for Yoon Si-yoon and the need for always express love~~!  

Thank you guys for being here reading my ramblings and how much I like Yoo Si-yoon. :heart:

Isnt it weird how one same drama could sprout so many different ships, differing opinions, differing expectations? I cant wrap my head over why there are some ppl who insists the love line in this drama is disgusting, that WS-HJ has no chemistry, that JH-WS should be the end game, that they feel its unfair to JH, etc, etc. There are even some who prefers MJ-WS. Why is MJ-WS ok, but not HJ-WS, when there are so many similarities between MJ and HJ personality wise?

For me, from ep3 onwards it has been HJ-WS, irregardless of the 'father-son' relationship. Of course, initial thoughts about a father-son relationship loving the same woman sounds disgusting. But when you really considers it, love has no age boundaries. I feel this drama is trying to give us a fresh view of this love triangle in a way that could possibly be acceptable.

There was once a drama with a full fledged father-son-same woman relationship, without the time travel like this story. It's a Taiwanese Drama, 'Love Keeps Going', acted by Mike He and Cyndi Wang. In the drama, Mike He's character had an ex-gf who ranaway with his father. His mother despised him because she blamed him for having brought his ex-gf to lived with them, allowing the father to fall in love with the girl over time, and left the mother because of it. Later on in the story, his father became fatally sick, and was dying. So his ex-gf came to look for Mike He, and said his father wanted to apologise and make peace with him before he died. Although initially he rejected, in the end, father and son did manage to make peace.

Maybe because i had watched that drama, so i am not fully repulsed by the loveline of HJ-WS. When you think from the son's pov, it sounds tragic. But the father and woman is equally tragic. Love is blind and is not something that can be reasoned. Even if the father feels guilty, he also couldnt help it if he really love the girl. Even if the girl knows its wrong, she couldnt help it when the one she love is not the son, but the father. Her pain and guilt is tripled by the fact that she broke the father-son relationship. I recommend this drama because it will really make you feel the pain of the father and ex-gf, enough to comprehend that love is sometimes greater than reason. 

But in TBH, they have actually downplayed this father-son-same woman relationship. For one, JH-HJ-WS are all of the same age. Two, WS was never JH's gf and even rejected his confession immediately without leading him on a string. Three, HJ is not technically JH's father as he did not have any relationship with BH, JH's mother. Its a clone of himself in the past yes, but he did not physically do it, and he did not have any memories of it. They are technically 2 separate people, with separate experience, memories, thoughts, etc, even if blood is the same. Four, HJ have never played the father figure for JH throughout his years of growing up. Their relationship is actually more 'friends' than father-son.

And even so, there are so many Upright, high morale people who rejected this relationship, to the extend they couldnt see the other beauty of this drama, the message it is trying to send with such a complex relationship makeup: That love is not something that can be controlled, doesnt listen to reason, is spontaneous, and can happen in the most unexpected time to the most unexpected person, and there's nothing one can do about it. When we put a label on such a relationship, imagine how the ppl who truly love each other suffers from social stigma? Its just like love between people of the same sex. They actually did nothing wrong, but they are ostracised by the public, receive no support for their relationship, but should they separate because of pressure from public? Imagine if you yourself is in that same position? How would you feel? 

Jesus said: He who is without [any] sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her. 

So judge not what is right or wrong. We have no right to do so actually. 

20 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Twisted Fun fact:

In High Kick2, Joon Hyuk (YSY's character) loses the girl he love to Lee Ji Hoon (Joon Hyuk's uncle).

In TBH, Lee Ji Hoon loses the girl he love to YHJ, who was almost named Joon Hyuk.

:D:D:D karma bites. Lol.

HK2 and TBH were written by the same person too haha maybe it was some kind of a redemption for YSY too lol he lost the girl in HK2 but now he got the girl in TBH:tongue:

Archived