[Drama 2017] The Best Hit / 최고의 한방 Thank You for watching !

eunsungjisung

10 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

They should focus in 'youth' instead than 'romance' in eps 10~. I don't know why they take a lot of time to push the story (no romance) moving. Also, since grandpa didn't appear, I really scare that Gwang Jae lie that he stills fine. The comedy factors also was reduced from eps 15~, so I really hard to finish it, even 1.25x~1.5x time mode. And I am the only one who think that Kim Min Jae just a supporting actor in this drama?.
Although chemistry between OTP is cute, but I stills so hard to feel and watching it while  thinking about Da Bong is Ji Hoon's father So if they cut their scenes a bit, make it to 24 eps it will more easy to watch.

Just my thoughts.

Kim min jae IS the supporting actor. Everyone knows that, i dont know what you mean by you're the only one who thinks that? Romance is needed to make the characters WS and HJ mature and achieve their life dreams, esp since they are so lonely. Romance is also part of youth, and something that no one can avoid. It gets in the ways of ones' life plans sometimes, in the most unexpected ways, and its not something one can control. The comedy factors are ALSO in the romance that you skipped so much of, or fast forward, so you dont find it funny. The comedy factors are in the dialogue, gestures, hidden expressions and intentions, etc.

Honestly, i dont understand ppl's 'holier-than-thou-values' that find it so hard to see a 'father' and 'son' loving the same woman. Here's the thing. I think this show JUST want to raise awareness that love is unpredictable, cant be controlled by moral reasons, not ugly or dirty simply because 'social values' reject it. I mean, the writer clearly can write a story without father-son and make no one cringe at the thought, but he purposely do so probably for a reason. In real life, much more complex relationships could have happened or is happening, and we might not come across it, or we might have or we will in the future, but whatever it is, do you honestly think you have the right to judge whats right or wrong? What IF it happens to you? Think about how those ppl who are truly in love feels when the society rejects them? (ie, ppl like you who find it hard to 'accept') Were they wrong to fall in love? Should they separate because of social pressure? 

And try watching this Taiwanese drama: Love Keeps Going, lead actor Mike He and lead actress Cyndi Wang. In there, the lead actor's character's background had his ex-gf married to his father, breaking the father-son relationship, and MINUS the the time travel element in TBH. I really suggest you watch that because it'll show you the sufferings of the father and ex-gf as well, and that there's two side to the story, not just the suffering of the 'son'. The drama did not downplay this triangle relationship as much as TBH. TBH removed the girlfriend element, age gap element, actual father-son relationship element, and still there are ppl with such HIGH MORALS who rejected this relationship. 

I can only say... wow. I didnt know so many ppl has such high morals and strong values in this time and age. So admirable indeed. But then why are there still so many social ills? 

I hope you will be able to overcome your prejudice someday, and then you could rewatch the drama again and get a new understanding and new view of it. 

Edit: forgot to add, GJ lie? What part of his character and his character's relationship with HJ that you get throughout the 32eps which shows you GJ always lie to HJ? 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Edit: forgot to add, GJ lie? What part of his character and his character's relationship with HJ that you get throughout the 32eps which shows you GJ always lie to HJ? 

I'm sorry for cutting your post, in my opinion, because grandpa didn't appear, it seems like GJ lie DB. And the way everyone don't mention (even his grandchild) about him make everything seems so..

19 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

I'm sorry for cutting your post, in my opinion, because grandpa didn't appear, it seems like GJ lie DB. And the way everyone don't mention (even his grandchild) about him make everything seems so..

We only think ppl lie when it is in their nature and character to do so, when they are sensitive characters. For characters like GJ and HJ, GJ who upfront told HJ he is the father of JH back in ep10, GJ who has always been frank and say anything that comes to his mind with HJ, even when GJ faced problems with starting his new agency business, its obvious their friendship is so strong just looking at their relationship in the past episodes. And HJ even told GJ all his secrets, no matter how absurd, like how he time travelled. I am surprised you can even think of one lying to the other out of 'sensibilities'. Can you not see their bromance bond, trust and understanding is beyond that? 

On 8/5/2017 at 11:23 AM, quockhanh45 said:

Also, since grandpa didn't appear, I really scare that Gwang Jae lie that he stills fine.

The actor for Grandpa was filming multiple dramas at the same time as the Best Hit. Plus, there was only so much screen time and trying to fit everyone in was difficult. Unfortunately, this meant sometimes his absence felt weird. But they specifically went out of their way to tell us he was doing okay so we wouldn't be worried about him. 

As for many people's concern about DB being JH's dad - while genetically he might be so, half the point of meeting other-HJ was because that other-HJ was JH's bio-dad. He was the HJ who loved BH, loved the son he never got to meet, and so on. It's not fair to expect DB to be fatherly to JH or have any obligation to him when HE never fathered JH or had any relationship with BH. And it steals from GJ being JH's father in the lovingly-raised him sense and from other-HJ who sent the bracelet to his son. 

So, I came in here to see what other people thought of how this drama ended, and I was surprised to see so many posts about WS ending up with the "father". I NEVER shipped JH and WS together. I am not sure if they are the exact same age, but she always came off more mature and experienced than him. I wanted him to get together with the princess at Star Punch that ended up liking him.

What I was still dealing with was how this drama ended. I felt like the writers left the whole issue with DB/HJ too open. How did he time travel? How was he able to go back and then talk to his past self? Where was he at the entire time in the future? I loved this drama overall, but there were absolutely some loose ends that needed to be tied up.

What did you all think?

4 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What I was still dealing with was how this drama ended. I felt like the writers left the whole issue with DB/HJ too open. How did he time travel? How was he able to go back and then talk to his past self? Where was he at the entire time in the future? I loved this drama overall, but there were absolutely some loose ends that needed to be tied up.

What did you all think?

Agreed. I think it's one of those dramas you just have to accept and not look at too closely. But I enjoyed it enough to be willing to forget the what/why behind it all. ;)

23 hours ago, dabong said:

Hello Chingus!

Do you have an english sub for this one? 
http://www.vlive.tv/video/31222

Dont think there's any eng sub. :( i also watched it raw. They are just explaining and promoting abt TBH drama. This vlive was before the first broadcast of TBH 1st ep. If there's any particular part you want to understand, if you could specify the minutes, i could try to look into it for you. But to translate the whole 1hr... im not at that level. Sorry... ^_^

@nubianlegalmind @ladysaotome 

I think the drama ended well. 

1. How DB time travel

this is a 'miracle' that happens only during twin typhoons, at 1.20am when there is a brief pause in the wild wind and rain, and by sliding down the stairs on World Ent building. Apparently, the wormhole appears only at that specified time and place. Because there is no mechanism to anticipate when the twin typhoon will happen, what kind of typhoon, etc, thus, the time travel is really unpredictable. This miracle might also just apply to DB who actually is some sort of 'by-product' of the 1993-1994 YHJ. Because he had time travel before, thus only he could do it. Or maybe the wormhole would only open for him.

2. How was he able to go back into the past and talk to his past self.

forget all the time travel drama or stories that you have ever watched or heard of before. The theory here is really just very simple and not complicated. It's using the theory of a 'twin typhoon', thus miraculously creating a 'twin' for 1993YHJ. The twin typhoon Kaola in 1993 created a second YHJ. This second YHJ is 'sent' to 2017 and this drama is about his journey. The original 1993YHJ lived on in his time until 1994, his dissapearance. The second YHJ suddenly appeared in 2017 and he eventually becomes the DB we know. 

Why did DB go back? He did not know abt another him in the past, he thought there is only one YHJ, himself, so once he connected the dots of the twin typhoon, 1.20am brief pause, and the staircase, he took the chance to try and go back. Because he did not want the future to change because of him. This adventure lead him to 1994 and the discovery that there has been another YHJ living in the past all the while. This gives DB (and us the viewer), the closure that DB did not belong in the past anymore. The moment he landed in 2017, he actually already belonged there in 2017. But this trip to 1994 gave him closure on his past, and a new life in the future in 2017. 

3. Where was he at the entire time in the future.

do you mean the original 1993-1994 YHJ? Well, he lived life as normal, back in 1993-1994. We did get some glimpse of this original YHJ from GJ's description. After that stormy night in 1993, YHJ left World Ent and broke the relationship with GJ, Soon Tae and YJ. He worked solo. But we also know, YHJ is a lonely person, and BH has always harbored some affection or crush on YHJ even before that stormy night... enough that DB in 2017 also commented about it. Its likely because of all the loneliness, the 1993-1994 YHJ grow closer to BH, maybe in trying to get info about GJ and his money hidden in the Rooftop Studio, he grow to sincerely like BH. But not long after, he discovered he is sick, and its a fatal disease that couldnt be cured during that time. So he took off, not even telling BH, bcos YHJ has always been a person who acts alone, and is prideful. He doesnt want to be remembered as sick, as per the note he left in the safebox. That DB travelled to 1994 and met the original YHJ is not just a closure for DB, but also a closure for the poor, sick, lonely 1994YHJ. He know his life is ending, he was in despair. But seeing himself in DB, knowing a future exist through DB and also news of his son JH, gave this 1994YHJ closure and hope. He knows his life is not meaningless. And there's a future for 'him' through DB. We could imply that 1994YHJ did eventually died, but not found. He might have planned it as such himself. But whtever it is, his spirit, personality, wishes, etc, all lives on in DB, as well as JH. DB and 1994YHJ is the same person, and yet not the same person, what differs in them lives on in JH. 

I personally think its a beautiful ending with lots of abstract and deep meaning if one delves into it. 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, blackberrypie said:

Dont think there's any eng sub. :( i also watched it raw. They are just explaining and promoting abt TBH drama. This vlive was before the first broadcast of TBH 1st ep. If there's any particular part you want to understand, if you could specify the minutes, i could try to look into it for you. But to translate the whole 1hr... im not at that level. Sorry... ^_^

Hi Chingu @blackberrypie ! 

Thank you for answering my post! :) Either way I just want to share it with you guys. Dabong!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/29/2017 at 2:36 PM, NunafromCalialsoCrazyfor2Yoon said:

I miss them!!! Still wishing, hoping and praying for Ddabong couple to work on another drama together.... ASAP! Or even just LSY's guesting in 2D1N... :wink: 

They had great chemistry in the drama and I wish they'd work together again. I was also hoping for LSY's guesting on 2D1N but that seems like a long shot. Crossing my fingers for this.

I really love this drama. I really couldn't care less about the loopholes. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this. And rewatching it still after it ended. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch.

Probably I will never understand why when someone love somebody the other side have obliged to love him in return. Come on, the man could be ideal in his behavior, but love just didn't spark. Friendship - yes, brother-sister relationship - yes, but that's all. Love it's something that just cannot be rationalised. How many times people fall for the completly wrong persons, leaving the good ones behind to dissappointment of their family and friends?

And I never understands another thing - why someone must give up on their mutual love in favor for somebody one-sided love? That was never a thing in the past and would never happened in the future. In fact, I will be totally pissed, if HJ decided to be fim in his decision break up with WS. Noble idiocy acts - it's one of the korean drama tropes that I hate the most. Whenever I saw something like that, I just want to shout something like that: "Idiot! Why are you decided by oneself, what the best for her/him? Why you didn't just ask your partner what does she/he thinks aboit situation? There are two people in relationship, so why the ultimate decision is made just by one of them?"

:)

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2017 at 12:44 AM, blackberrypie said:

@nubianlegalmind @ladysaotome 

I think the drama ended well. 

1. How DB time travel

this is a 'miracle' that happens only during twin typhoons, at 1.20am when there is a brief pause in the wild wind and rain, and by sliding down the stairs on World Ent building. Apparently, the wormhole appears only at that specified time and place. Because there is no mechanism to anticipate when the twin typhoon will happen, what kind of typhoon, etc, thus, the time travel is really unpredictable. This miracle might also just apply to DB who actually is some sort of 'by-product' of the 1993-1994 YHJ. Because he had time travel before, thus only he could do it. Or maybe the wormhole would only open for him.

2. How was he able to go back into the past and talk to his past self.

forget all the time travel drama or stories that you have ever watched or heard of before. The theory here is really just very simple and not complicated. It's using the theory of a 'twin typhoon', thus miraculously creating a 'twin' for 1993YHJ. The twin typhoon Kaola in 1993 created a second YHJ. This second YHJ is 'sent' to 2017 and this drama is about his journey. The original 1993YHJ lived on in his time until 1994, his dissapearance. The second YHJ suddenly appeared in 2017 and he eventually becomes the DB we know. 

Why did DB go back? He did not know abt another him in the past, he thought there is only one YHJ, himself, so once he connected the dots of the twin typhoon, 1.20am brief pause, and the staircase, he took the chance to try and go back. Because he did not want the future to change because of him. This adventure lead him to 1994 and the discovery that there has been another YHJ living in the past all the while. This gives DB (and us the viewer), the closure that DB did not belong in the past anymore. The moment he landed in 2017, he actually already belonged there in 2017. But this trip to 1994 gave him closure on his past, and a new life in the future in 2017. 

3. Where was he at the entire time in the future.

do you mean the original 1993-1994 YHJ? Well, he lived life as normal, back in 1993-1994. We did get some glimpse of this original YHJ from GJ's description. After that stormy night in 1993, YHJ left World Ent and broke the relationship with GJ, Soon Tae and YJ. He worked solo. But we also know, YHJ is a lonely person, and BH has always harbored some affection or crush on YHJ even before that stormy night... enough that DB in 2017 also commented about it. Its likely because of all the loneliness, the 1993-1994 YHJ grow closer to BH, maybe in trying to get info about GJ and his money hidden in the Rooftop Studio, he grow to sincerely like BH. But not long after, he discovered he is sick, and its a fatal disease that couldnt be cured during that time. So he took off, not even telling BH, bcos YHJ has always been a person who acts alone, and is prideful. He doesnt want to be remembered as sick, as per the note he left in the safebox. That DB travelled to 1994 and met the original YHJ is not just a closure for DB, but also a closure for the poor, sick, lonely 1994YHJ. He know his life is ending, he was in despair. But seeing himself in DB, knowing a future exist through DB and also news of his son JH, gave this 1994YHJ closure and hope. He knows his life is not meaningless. And there's a future for 'him' through DB. We could imply that 1994YHJ did eventually died, but not found. He might have planned it as such himself. But whtever it is, his spirit, personality, wishes, etc, all lives on in DB, as well as JH. DB and 1994YHJ is the same person, and yet not the same person, what differs in them lives on in JH. 

I personally think its a beautiful ending with lots of abstract and deep meaning if one delves into it. 

Thank you for your explanation. The time travel and extra DB now makes sooo much more sense. Even though honestly I accepted it cause I liked the ending and our OTP staying together. The chemistry was amazing. But did anyone else notice that in their kiss scenes they were kissing above or below each other's lips so not really their lips? Or am I just weird per usual?

Anyone know any other shows like Hit the Top besides Mr. Back? 

• 1 month later...

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=396&aid=0000467435&rankingType=memo&rankingDate=20171226

Yoon Son Ha, actress who acts as Bo Hee, is migrating to Canada because of the controversy surrounding his son bullying other children. The controversy arose while TBH drama was airing, which affected the drama’s rating to some extent because some ppl started boycotting and not watching the drama. Even after all these months after the end of TBH drama, and Yoon Son Ha has been lying low for so long, now that news is released that she is migrating, she is still receiving much hate. This article is trending on Naver now, as well as being the most commented article. All comments are negative.

I wanted to share the article somewhere, but duno where is most appropriate.... Thought ppl who liked BoHee in TBH drama would some day be interested to know how the actress is faring.. so im sharing this here. It looks like Yoon Son Ha will never act again after this controversy. In any case, her family is filthy rich chaebol, so acting is likely just for her self gratification and enjoyment, not because she depends on it for a living. Looks like knets still did not learn from the tragic suicide of Shinee JongHyun, and are still critically and cruelly judging ppl.. and this time attacking a young boy. True, the boy did make a mistake of bullying ppl, but still, he himself is a young life. To judge and sentence him for life, not giving him any chance for change, is pretty cruel, imo. I for one wish the family could have a fresh start in Canada, and that the young boy could learn his mistake and repent and be a better person in the future, away from cruel knets in S.K. 

Archived