[Drama 2017] The Best Hit / 최고의 한방 Thank You for watching !

eunsungjisung

I feel Yoon Son Ha is a great actress too. Even embroiled with the controversy surrounding her son, receiving lots of hates, she persevered and completed the drama. The pressure for her to leave the drama was no joke. Even until the last episode she still receives lots of negative comments. I think Korean netizens are really brainless. How can they not see how she is trying to be responsible and finish whatever she started? 

Her last few lines spoken to GJ about her 'debut' is a mirror of what she is facing in real life and what she wants to do post TBH drama. Its also awesome of the writer to include such a scene, imo, because its as if she is 'responding' to the critics and public, indirectly, through the drama. As BH, she told GJ, who said he wanted to promote her as a celeb again, BH said, she'd rather not for now. She wants to concentrate on being a good mother (they adopted Malsook) and a good wife (to GJ). Later on in the future, when she is ready, she will let GJ know, and GJ promises he will help her then. 

The indirect meanings are just awesome i feel. And i truly applaud YSH's sense of responsibility to complete the drama. She put her personal feelings aside, her personal life problems, faced all criticisms bravely, and continue to act as required. Whatever it is, she is definitely a professional in her art to persevere like that... 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sujin-a said:

I actually thought it was either cancer or hiv. But, in yesterday's episode when they mentioned that there was no cure for his illness until around 2000 (the translation mentioned that there's a medication), I was more convinced with HIV. While there is still no cure for either hiv or cancer, there are medications to keep the hiv virus under control (antiretroviral) unless they also refer to chemotherapy as "medication" which was discovered early on compared to HIV treatment.

Then i am really sad that his life mirrors real person Gia Carangi.

7 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

I feel Yoon Son Ha is a great actress too. Even embroiled with the controversy surrounding her son, receiving lots of hates, she persevered and completed the drama. The pressure for her to leave the drama was no joke. Even until the last episode she still receives lots of negative comments. I think Korean netizens are really brainless. How can they not see how she is trying to be responsible and finish whatever she started? 

Her last few lines spoken to GJ about her 'debut' is a mirror of what she is facing in real life and what she wants to do post TBH drama. Its also awesome of the writer to include such a scene, imo, because its as if she is 'responding' to the critics and public, indirectly, through the drama. As BH, she told GJ, who said he wanted to promote her as a celeb again, BH said, she'd rather not for now. She wants to concentrate on being a good mother (they adopted Malsook) and a good wife (to GJ). Later on in the future, when she is ready, she will let GJ know, and GJ promises he will help her then. 

The indirect meanings are just awesome i feel. And i truly applaud YSH's sense of responsibility to complete the drama. She put her personal feelings aside, her personal life problems, faced all criticisms bravely, and continue to act as required. Whatever it is, she is definitely a professional in her art to persevere like that... 

Yes, it will be weird if Bohee is played by someone else.

Kudos to the production team and KBS for not replacing her despite the harsh words from netizens. 

Hong Bo Hee is Yoon Son Ha. :)

I really wanted to watch the subbed version.... I'm dying to know what happens. Thanks for the live recap! But I still want to watch the subbed version, to understand it better. Because I have a headache thinking about 2 HJ :lol: Still lot of question in my mind, I guess I want to watch from ep 1 again to understand it better LOL I just want to know if HJ '94 goes together with HJ '93 time travelling to 2017, what will happen? :D Or they can't time travel together? Because the two meet at '94 so I thought they will be okay to live at 2017? Woah so many wondering and question for me, maybe because I need subs, LOL 

I think this drama has a lot of kisses, LSY really works hard, I mean I think it is hard enough for actresses to film kissing scene :wub: 3 kisses with HJ in the beginning. 1 kisses with JH. 2 kisses (wearing headphones) with HJ. 1 at the loft. 7 kissing scene. Am I missing the counting? :D maybe that's why BTS,  CTH must ask they can stop now, because they are already comfortable kissing :lol: Ah, I'm too happy :tongue:

38 minutes ago, cherrycokez said:

I really wanted to watch the subbed version.... I'm dying to know what happens. Thanks for the live recap! But I still want to watch the subbed version, to understand it better. Because I have a headache thinking about 2 HJ :lol: Still lot of question in my mind, I guess I want to watch from ep 1 again to understand it better LOL I just want to know if HJ '94 goes together with HJ '93 time travelling to 2017, what will happen? :D Or they can't time travel together? Because the two meet at '94 so I thought they will be okay to live at 2017? Woah so many wondering and question for me, maybe because I need subs, LOL 

I think this drama has a lot of kisses, LSY really works hard, I mean I think it is hard enough for actresses to film kissing scene :wub: 3 kisses with HJ in the beginning. 1 kisses with JH. 2 kisses (wearing headphones) with HJ. 1 at the loft. 7 kissing scene. Am I missing the counting? :D maybe that's why BTS,  CTH must ask they can stop now, because they are already comfortable kissing :lol: Ah, I'm too happy :tongue:

you missed the imagined two (of lala land parody) which of course was real filming :tongue: .. she totally filmed 8 kissing scenes with YSY (and god knows how many retakes for each of them LOL :lol:) that's quite a big number (I'm used to 3 to 5 kiss scenes for an OTP at most) .. no surprise the last two were really deep and both of them got used to kissing scenes so didn't feel shy around. 

Can't believe I finished reading the recaps/spoilers and watched the latest BTS but not the last 4 episodes.. (.Im still at work, I'll be watching them tonight) and I'm all giddy and smiling and sad and emotional already... I will truly miss Ddabong couple!  Oh those kissing scenessss! Im so excited to watch the kissing scene BtSsss.... I saw one where LsY was crying, must be so hard for her to get away from WS character especially with a boyfriend like Ddabong! Hope to see them in another drama, which is soooo far from kdrama reality. :( 

The Best Hit! Ddabong! 

1 hour ago, cherrycokez said:

Haha. The BTS where CTH walked over, i think he purposely did that as a joke. He dint called for 'cut', so they had to stay in position. LSY was totally shocked when CTH softly said they can stop now. Lol. She said why she dint hear anything. YSY said he did hear some noises (probably from opening the door). The funny part to me is YSY proceeded to hit mosquitoes/bugs with his hands, clapping in the air. Lol. Totally unfazed, snapped back into reality like nothing happened after the kiss. ^_^

Edit: rewatched the BTS and LSY said she heard someone coming out (as in when CTH walked over to them). And YSY just focused on hitting the flies/bugs/mosquitoes while affirming yes he heard too. Lol. 

1 hour ago, blackberrypie said:

Wow blackberrypie, thanks for enlighten me, this indirect meaning is so beautiful, yes I'm glad she can complete the drama :heart:

3 hours ago, Sujin-a said:

I need more of the two Hyunjae plot!!!

I can't agree more, I want the scene much longerrrr :)

3 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

I think the same - I think when the writer wrote Kaola as typhoon twins... it was a symbol for there being HJ twins...

Oh wow, never think like that. Yes, typhoon twins, HJ twins, it really make sense to me now.

3 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I would love to think, after pushing 2017HJ, 94HJ too, fall down the stairs, and arrives at somewhere better? Maybe another parallel future, that has more advance treatment than 2017? Just my wish list, cause I want everyone to get happy ending.

Your idea is so great, I want season two, HJ '93 goes to 2017. and HJ'94 goes to 2027. My imagination goes wild  :lol:

52 minutes ago, Seiran029 said:

you missed the imagined two (of lala land parody) which of course was real filming :tongue: .. she totally filmed 8 kissing scenes with YSY (and god knows how many retakes for each of them LOL :lol:) that's quite a big number (I'm used to 3 to 5 kiss scenes for an OTP at most) .. no surprise the last two were really deep and both of them got used to kissing scenes so didn't feel shy around. 

How can I missed umbrella kissing scene :bawling: that is my favourite one, thanks for pointing it out :) 

30 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

Haha. The BTS where CTH walked over, i think he purposely did that as a joke. He dint called for 'cut', so they had to stay in position. LSY was totally shocked when CTH softly said they can stop now. Lol. She said why she dint hear anything. YSY said he did hear some noises (probably from opening the door). The funny part to me is YSY proceeded to hit mosquitoes/bugs with his hands, clapping in the air. Lol. Totally unfazed, snapped back into reality like nothing happened after the kiss. ^_^

I haven't seen the BTS, just read the live recap, so I didn't know if CTH is joking LOL so funny. yeah I think YSY and LSY have a professional chemistry, so they really seems serious when filming kissing scene. 

3 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

By the way, anyone noticed the parady of Flower Boy Next Door, and High Kick 2? Haha. I dont think i can stop praising YSY. Loved the parody reference, loved everything! :D Jinja Ddabong!!!!!

Can you tell me which scene is the parody of High Kick 2? I haven't watched High Kick 2, so I am really curious now :rolleyes: and Flower boy next door too, I watched it, but I am afraid I will missed the parody, because I'm easily forget :D

3 hours ago, Irly said:

Happy End! Horray!!! :)

I'm soooo happy, just love happy endings :wink: That's really ddabong:lol:

So much thankful thankful for all those recaps, you are really saviors for all of us who can't watch live stream and just dying with curiosity about show development :) 

But... but... what will I do next Friday whem ddabong time and no ddabong??? 

Look forward to donggu time on sundays then. :)

i will miss ddabong, but nvm, got my weekly fix of donggu is better than nothing...

So HJ is doubled, HJ'93 with WS, HJ'94 dated BH and have JH. Now it make sense and it clears up the missunderstanding, I hope everyone can enjoy watching this drama and don't feel weird about HJ loving the same girl as his son, because it is not the case. case closed LOL :lol:

Wow mind blown, I never thought about doubled HJ, I wish the ratings go higher, but I'm satisfied, at least whoever watching this until the end, has praising YSY acting and YSY got more loyal fans :heart: 

Now I don't know if it is okay to ask here, do you have any recommendation another kdrama like TBH? Funny, lighthearted drama? Because I already having a withdrawal symptom :flushed: I will go back watch from ep 1, but maybe another drama will make me heal my heart for missing Ddabong... Which drama is enteresting after TBH? 

Maybe I will go back here after watching subbed version. 

I will miss you all here :heart:

3 minutes ago, cherrycokez said:

Can you tell me which scene is the parody of High Kick 2? I haven't watched High Kick 2, so I am really curious now :rolleyes: and Flower boy next door too, I watched it, but I am afraid I will missed the parody, because I'm easily forget :D

When Dabong moved next door to WS. He suddenly opened the door next to WS's and gave WS a scare. Then Dabong told WS he moved 'next door', in Kkaegeum character style, yet also Dabong in a way. Dabong-kkaegeum abruptly said goodbye to WS in chinese language (kkaegeum character supposedly knows several languages) and shut the door. Thats from Flower Boy Next Door.

After awhile, Dabong opens the door again and asked WS what time is dinner and what to eat, ending with the tongue bleh action and saying 'merong'. That part is from High Kick2 character Hyeri, who is also YSY's character, Joon Hyuk's younger sister. Rmbr the time when SoonTae suggested a new name for HJ before his debut? Soon Tae suggested Joon Hyuk, a reference to YSY's High Kick character name. But HJ chose the name Hyun Jae based on the words on Dead Poet's Society Video Cover. GJ also teases the reference to High Kick2 by saying the name Joon Hyuk is quite good. Sounds like a student's name. (High Kick 2 Joon Hyuk is a student). :D

This is the past visiting you. I'm slowly getting access to the episodes despite being in a castle in Germany. I will amuse you with my predictions, even though you will already know what happened. I just finished episode 29, I now think HJ might indeed be JH's dad, and the mysterious illness he has is his out for why it's not selfish for him to leave 1994, since he's gonna die anyway. 

Finished episode 30. Mwahahaha, HJ went back! You doubted me but I emerged victorious! Grandpa broke my heart this episode. HJ was so poignant and cute with his red sled. And he did invest in future tech! Of course it would be stocks that he sent, and of course he didn't even need that much starting capital, why didn't I realize it before. 

In sad news I only have 2 episodes left to watch. :(

Finished watching the last episode! Yeah! This show might be my favourite show of 2017 :D

Come to think of it though, didn't they play with us a bit? I shipped JH and WS so much in the beginning, especially where she was drunk and everybody was shocked by her drunken behaviour and JH just stared at her with hearts in his eyes. 

But they did it so well that I started shipping HJ and WS even harder before I even noticed. Man they are good!

TBH at one point I was sure that 1994 HJ must have caught HIV = = because I could not think of another sickness that sets in when you are in your early twenties and makes you pale and coughing all the time and leads to death in a short time. HIV is not curable but with the right medication and some luck you might live almost as long as if you didn't have it. But I guess it's not since this HJ is going to get it too, meh. On the plus side of course, it's now curable, hooray!

How can they make every song in the ost so perfect and beautiful???

I laughed my richard simmons off when I watched the BTS where Chae Tae Hyun proudly cut his own scene lol and sneaked up to the mains kissing and whispered in their ears that they could stop now lolololol

And I forgot one thing: I stand by what I said before: this show is surprisingly realistic for all the jokes and puns and it being very comedic. The hardships in life, things you can't change, some things that have burdened you for life cannot be resolved and will not even be talked about often. Like how WS's mom pretty much abandoned her, like how she lost her only female friend it seemed, like how BH never even realized that it was HJ living near her and finally decided to let go of the man who left without a word, like dementia, like JH who didn't even really ever get jealous except for the one time he told HJ to stay away from WS but after that he just accepted everything, like how Drill was actually already quite old for debuting and the years before must have been more torturous than he let on, and so on. The sad and realistic parts of this story make it as great as the silly and over the top parts, as the romantic parts, as the family and friends caring for each other parts. It's just DABONG XD

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm going to miss watching this drama. I think I'll go through YSY's back catalogue of dramas now, and start hoping that he comes back with his next drama soon. 

Thank you for the detailed expression of the drama, I'm going to watch the drama with sub after this. With the background of "Light in the Sky playing in Spotify and reading all the posts here can't help but recalled the nights of waiting for the drama lives every week..

@stroppyse watch 2D1N also.... :blush: so you will be able to see YSY every weekend.

Oh no. I finished watching it. I guess that's why they say a group of people is the best at guessing a cow's weight, if you combine and average our hypotheses we got quite close. Poor 1994 HJ though. YSY was amazing, two characters, totally different in feel but with the same coolness about them. For me the final explanation is a tiny bit lacking in neatness and symmetry, but I'm so glad they explained what happened and for the happy ending (except 1994 HJ, I cry), and at times I feared for much worse, in the end it basically explains everything even if I don't consider it particularly elegant (but I'm weird like that, and I think most people find this solution much more palatable than possible alternatives, I so want everyone to appreciate this show). And we got an open mouthed kiss in the end, am I weird for celebrating that? 

That proposal scene was the best proposal scene I've seen, ever. 

@blackberrypie thank you very much for your detailed explanation! I already watched the sub version, and I'm laughing so hard for the flower boy next door parody :lol:

I laughed at the very last scene, CTH is teasing them. And I'm very surprised, they seems like enjoy the kissing, so natural. LSY is so embarassed, LOL :lol:

I can't believe this drama has already ended, and this last episode very Ddabong :)

Ddabong is one of the best character in kdramaland, his character is memorable, his personality is well written, and never dissapoint me with his action, he always stay true to his character. Sometimes I watched another kdrama and the character is make me questioning because his action sometimes A sometimes B :crazy:

YSY is so charismatic, every scene, he outshine others (I guess it is my opinion and it is biased) :tongue:

I love every scene, the angle is the best, make YSY so handsome thanks for PD Cha, OMG I'm being biased again :tongue:

Archived