[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

ilwoo_aein

Hi, just dropping by to tell I loved this week's episode..And I never expected so many kisses after first kiss :tongue:

Anyway coming to SH's character develpoment in these two episodes are tremendous and I am loving the fact that she stood up but even though I know she still loves JM but I couldn't manage with this yejin's character every time she came.. Anyway rants aside the one mysterious character in this drama is the landlady.First I thought she was AR's mom because given the emphasis on her mom not being with her and she had grown up without mom made me think like that. Moreover in last week's episode I think she sits in a corner and overhears AR's.Then this one sentence from Nam Il made me think..Why does he say I can see the resemblance? Is it resemblance to his mom's character or about the landlady's past..And the fact she calls DM's dad oppa didn't shock me you know well I kind of expected her tobe related to DM or AR in a way..

162_zpscckumjlc.gif

1498723759_1254254.png

Spoiler

MRubAqID78tp636340826608658569.jpg

NvyTilHQAkRO636342578306376971.jpg

CR:IMBC

@oneandthree jincha?He'll be there till finale. Woah that's something now..May be he will be the one who'll tell who the landlady really is or even make JM a bit jealous while speaking to SH if at all :tongue: (just kidding)

Ok one more thing if landlady suppose is AR's mom then this Nam Il will be her brother?!:crazy:But he is older than AR so may be not!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suddenly thought of the left-overs outside PF's apartment.  Anyone who marries her gets sad-looking take-out everyday of his life.   Bwahaha.  That was a satisfying  evil thought.

Thank you @annie1234  for the link of the new BTS, love, love, love it!!!   And @Yongzura for posting the article on Song Ha Soon/SeolHee.  She really deserved the mention.

@Yongzura @hazeljrr_c922 Long time no see, my dear chingus!! :)

This is my first comment on this thread. I started watching this drama this week and I have almost caught up with you. I have only 1 episode left, although I read here and on dramabeans the last recap. 

About the relationship between JM and SH: Even if our leads are to blame for that situation, YJ is the one who played a huge part in it.

Striking for me was the behavior of Ye-Jin. From the start, I had the feeling that she knew all along that SH and JM were together. Ye-Jin reminds me a lot of MinSoo from Cheese in the trap. Ye-Jin is coping SH. First in the first episode she mentions that she likes pink and actually SH keeps saying that pink is her favourite colour. Then when SH wants to visit a festival with JM, Ye-Jin proposes to visit the same festival at the same time. Besides, she knew that SH was interested in the movie but YJ bought the tickets before her.  Then she wears the exact same tee-shirt (although SH bought a cheap version STEFF instead of STAFF).

Then we are shown different moments of the romance between SH and JM:

• the problem with the photocopy 
  • the missing button so that JM gave her a safety pin

And each time, JM is confronted with a situation with Ye Jin that he experienced with SH. Moreover, Ye Jin used the exact same words than SH back then. Even her description of JM (looks like PBG and is like teddy bear) is so similar and to me, this is no coincidence. In my opinion, this has something to do with SH's blog, where she posted her life. Ye-Jin must have read it and liked her story therefore she decided to have JM. Notice that her situation is similar: her family does business with pork feet!! Sure, her family is richer than SH. In my opinion, Ye-Jin doesn't love JM at all, it is just that she wants to have the same life than SH, for her, it looks like a dream. From my point of view, she is really similar to the creepy man Kyung-Ku who was following AR on SNS.fight10-00051.jpg 

But Ye Jin has not been caught yet, however her attempt reveals that this is not her own dream. But now JM has been dumped, the relationship between YJ and JM will change. YJ has no longer a model and I don't imagine that YJ is the type who will do anything for her future husband. Once she is married, she would like to be treated like a princess... she will never treat JM the same way than SH did. Besides, when in an earlier episode, YJ showed the pictures of JM saying that he was her boyfriend, SH thought that YJ was innocent, but she wasn't. She knew all along that JM and SH were together. She thought that SH would get scared and back off so easily, as she doesn't appear as a strong person. She was mistaken. 

Funny is that JM keeps telling SH that people change, but he doesn't realise that what he is experiencing with YJ is not new at all!! He is reliving the past with a different person. Nonetheless JM is to blame for the situation: he was the one who asked SH to remain by his side, he never wanted her to become independent and more confident (scene at the theater, SH wanted to stop working as casher). He told her to stay by his side so that he would look after her. So unaware of the consequences of his words, he forced SH to live her life by making him in the center of her life. He even proposed her to start working on her blog later, after he has secured his own career. If my theory is correct, this drama illustrates how careful we should be with our life (SNS and blogs). 

@athena22 @carolinedl

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Yongzura Long time no see, my dear chingu!! 

Yes, we keep missing each other by watching different dramas :blush:  Welcome, it is good to have you here.  Better late than never...

Ye-Jin reminds me a lot of MinSoo from Cheese in the trap. Ye-Jin is copying SH.  Even her description of JM (looks like PBG and is like teddy bear) is so similar and to me, this is no coincidence. In my opinion, this has something to do with SH's blog, where she posted her life. Ye-Jin must have read it and liked her story therefore she decided to have JM. Notice that her situation is similar: her family does business with pork feet!! Sure, her family is richer than SH. In my opinion, Ye-Jin doesn't love JM at all, it is just that she wants to have the same life than SH, for her, it looks like a dream. From my point of view, she is really similar to the creepy man Kyung-Ku who was following AR on SNS.

:wink: Ha ha  you remind me of CITT .. she was quite scary too.

I agree that the similarity is too obvious between both of them and made me wonder too sometimes. I also agree that... this drama does feel real because it brings up the current issue that is happening in our society. Even SH saw JM's whereabout from YJ's social media.  It is never a good idea to expose everything about our lives to public.  

On 6/23/2017 at 6:58 PM, carolinedl said:

Oh I am from France. I also thought not many people watched K-Dramas but there are more than you think. We are just isolated. I took a Korean class at the Korean Cultural Center in Paris and I met many other people completely addicted to them. Oh and you should watch "Signal" with your hubby!!

@arfaizar Ah I was a bit like you and I found myself more picky with my dramas. But for me, anything tvN is usually excellent and I also feel they target older people in general. 

Ah the kids' pics are sooo cute! Thanks for posting @aunniek

I am so glad to see "older" folks around here. I think FFMW is really good to make use feel somehow connected with the realistic portrayal of it all.

Yesss  heard Signal was very good so we might try that one after Tunnel! Thank you neighbour!! :wink:

Hello All mouse-girl-emoticon-10.gif

Off topic but

Spoiler

Myself and @Berou have been working on a K-Drama Contest that might interest a few of you. We'd really appreciate any feedback you could give and if you want to join in the fun, the more the merrier. The thread is pinned on the first page of K-Dramas and Movies and can be found here: 

On 6/23/2017 at 5:34 AM, x_____hikari_____x said:

Based on Gallup Korea (a research company), FFMW placed at No. 3 as 'South Koreans' Favorite TV Programs' for June 2017 behind 1st placed 'Infinite Challenge' and 'War of Words' (both are variety shows). FFMW is No. 1 for drama, followed by KBS1 daily drama 'Lovers in Bloom' (No. 4), KBS2 weekend drama 'Father is Strange' (No. 5). FFMW scored really high among women in 20s and 30s.

Annyeong

Resharing the graphic of the ranking shared by me earlier:

20170629102013837mlge.jpg
Q: Your Most Preferred Recent 'TV Programs'? 
(2 answers each, not including news)

And also some other news/updates:

(1) FFMW will be broadcasted in Japan's KNTV from July, 27 to August, 12. Congratulations! Hope they will do well there...

박서준X김지원 '쌈마이' 8월 본격 日상륙..흥행 잇나
Park Seojoon X Kim Jiwon 'Ssam Mai' Will be Landing Full-Fledge in Japan..Taking Over Entertainment

0002626028_001_20170630081615443.jpg?type=w540

[Source: Starnews via Naver]

(2) A bilingual article on the new trend in K-drama, focusing more on reality incl. FFMW and AOY (yay! fav!)

Hit dramas reflect harsh real world: Struggles faced by today’s young people resonate with viewers

29203138.jpg

KBS2’s ongoing “Fight for My Way” sympathizes with young people struggling to get their lives on track. The drama has the highest ratings for its time slot.

More: Korea Joongang Daily

Wow @bebebisous33   Glad you're here.  Thanks for the shout-out!

@aunniek   Am drooling too at the hunk.  I have no shyness Lol. :)

Guys, still grasping at straws on landlady.   I hope one of our theories is right.  All we have is an avoidance of the dads of both AR and DM,  but not coach, attentiveness and moralizing, particularly of AR, with DM mixed in because they are a couple?  Removing the thief from the store's VIPs.  The purchase of the gym-- for coach or DM, or both, knowing that TS's people had interest in it.    And the  lighthearted tone and smile  of NI in commenting he sees the resemblance, and why landlady stays there.   In all of the above, the writer had so far treated whatever clues there are, with a light  touch,  incuding the "oppa" said by landlady.     So, I have no idea if this will end up tearjerking (such as long-time absentee mother of AR)  or some other connection that is not as heavy,  

My fingers are numb from voting,   last night I dunno how many times I voted till I fell asleep, lol.  I know this is not a vote for any formal award but for me it is because I love this drama to bits.   The number of votes now are moving by about a vote per second,  meaning 3-4 are voting at any one time,  but needs to be quicker,   I opened it today at exactly 50-50.   So if any of you have pockets of time, pls do.  I  believe there is unlimited voting per person.  

Archived