[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I've got a question ^^

Does the raw 700Mb-episode in Japaneseguy's clubbox sync with the soft sub from d-addict?

Or do you guys know where to grab the hardsubbed version?

Thax lots in advance

No one gonna answer me? :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dr jung

is that a stunt double behind nodame? :huh:

Yep. Episode 2 (0:02:50~)It was the part where Chiaki is talking to a professor about changing his major and Nodame comes screaming "senpai dame desuuuu". Chiaki misses her and kinda pushes her to the ground and she rolls on the ground towards the tree. It's funny!

Ep 5 was good. I got carried away with the caps again.

Our lovely couple: Nodame and Chiaki

Nodame, it's time to go to school. (Yes, it's like they live together.)

0501aol9.th.jpg

Hurry up, we're late.

0501ps3.th.jpg

Nodame's umbrella

0502nw0.th.jpg

What the?

0503tp2.th.jpg

Lovers' quarrel #1: Senpai, let me use your umbrella! No!

0504pm7.th.jpg

Enjoying another dinner together (and full course meal with bread, salad, wine and pasta)

0506tu0.th.jpg

Chiaki in his bedroom: Nani kore?

0509fw8.th.jpg

Shocking indeed.

0510la2.th.jpg

Chuuuu~~

0511ju2.th.jpg

Senpai, did you see my masterpiece?

0512ib4.th.jpg

(Reaction is mixed between anger and happiness)

0513ie5.th.jpg

Okay, more on the anger part. Therefore this triggers lovers' quarrel #2

0514zh3.th.jpg

Looks like we have a winner

0515ar7.th.jpg

And it's Chiaki-sama

0516jj8.th.jpg

"Beautiful lady"

0517lu9.th.jpg

Ahh.. Nodame (wah, he smiles when he sees Nodame)

0527ie8.th.jpg

Finally I get to see you Senpai (Chiaki welcomes her warmly)

0528wt6.th.jpg

Ano ne... (notice the intimacy and their warmth)

0530xj0.th.jpg

I'll be busy with S-oke group today...

0531hy6.th.jpg

dakara... please eat dinner by yourself...

0532ld9.th.jpg

ehhh?

0534xq4.th.jpg

I'm sorry...

0535qx8.th.jpg

Lover's quarrel #3 (Yup Chiaki is jealous)

0536cu6.th.jpg

Next is Chiaki-sama. He's in his signature jacket.

0521yr5.th.jpg

He's in the tux.

0539im2.th.jpg

Now it's Nodame. She's cute in her costume.

0540iy0.th.jpg

She's all giddy talking about her future with Chiaki.

0541wl1.th.jpg

Ep 6 preview

Ah, Nodame and Chiaki on a date at sushi conveying belt.

0542hv7.th.jpg

Mine and Nodame on a mission to spy Chiaki

0543zn8.th.jpg

And the other party is?

0544vx2.th.jpg

Shinobu, you are GREAT!!! I :wub: your caps!!! You always managed to capture the best parts! Therefore, we all appreciate it! Just can't thank you enough!!! :D

Seeing the caps...I forgot to mention I love Nodame's white knitted scarf, with a rose! So cute!

akak Mine & and that gayish guy LoL I saw them in some dramas before but they keep surprising me in this one , can't believe that's them XD~ almost Mine when he was in Suppli , akak , and that gayish boy is Delicious propose (?) .. akak <3

PS : yayy yayy for rating X] !!

i have a feeling the raws at japaneseguy don't synch with the subs at d-addicts, just because the file sizes are different from MHfans' files at d-addicts, which i presume are the files that the subs are originally synched to. but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Favourite character in epi 5 --> Strezemann.

It is very heartwarming to see another side of the maestro, in particular that of a faithful lover despite being notorious for his lecherous ways. His growing attachment for Chiaki and Nodame is eye-opening, esp since that is his main reason for staying in Japan despite his originally intended brief visit. I like how he refers to Chiaki and Nodame as "that child" (subtitled version). It has an endearing connotation although Strezemann is very harsh towards Chiaki most of the time. And Strezemann also secretly hopes something interesting would develop between Chiaki and Nodame. Since he himself admits that Nodame reminds him of himself, I can understand why he tells Nodame that she cannot be with Chiaki in her current situation. They share different dreams. And given how set Chiaki is on music and conducting, they are bound to separate esp since Nodame is the one trying to cling onto Chiaki and not vice versa. So I think what Strezemann did was very appropriate and successful too as we see Nodame's passion for piano being ignited. Watching Chiaki perform so successfully prob added more fuel to the fire. I'm soooo looking forward to epi 6, one of my most fav parts in the manga.

Guest christina

Are the people playing nodame and chiake playing the piano for reals? because it looks like they are and if they really are then they are very talented

Guest i<3moomoo

I am currently downloading the version 704x396 DivX6 and the timing is right for me. I download the ones with DivX6 because when I download the sub, the sub the name indicated DivX6 and it works fine. I didn't download any other version so I'm not sure if it's going to sync with the DivX5 version.

Question, does anyone know what's the ranking of this show's rating for this week? Is it second to Dr. Koto or something?

Shinobu, you are GREAT!!! I :wub: your caps!!! You always managed to capture the best parts! Therefore, we all appreciate it! Just can't thank you enough!!! :D

Seeing the caps...I forgot to mention I love Nodame's white knitted scarf, with a rose! So cute!

It just shows how obsessed I am with the show. :P I plan to collect this boxset.

Guest dr jung

Question, does anyone know what's the ranking of this show's rating for this week? Is it second to Dr. Koto or something?

So far, it's number 1 because the rating for Dr Koto isn't released, but as soon as it does get released (which will be in an hour or two), it'll probably be #2 because 14sai no haha went down this week.

Currently, the show is #2 for this quarter (winter 2006). 14sai no haha used to be #2 upto last week.

NODAME CANTABILE RATING

01/ 18.2

02/ 16.1

03/ 18.4

04/ 18.3

05/ 19.9

AV/ 18.18

ahh.. nodame.

sadly, i'm stuck at epi3. just because the subs are only up to that epi still. but i did skim through epis4&5. hmmn.. hope they release subs soon, coz i might be suffering from chiaki-senpai withdrawal syndrome soon.

yay for the ratings!

Guest christiane

Are the people playing nodame and chiake playing the piano for reals? because it looks like they are and if they really are then they are very talented

yeah they are really playing...I think they all know how to play their instrument...you know i is really hard to fake how to play violin or contrebass .... because doing vibrato and synchronized the archet between all the people in an orchestra is really hard... :sweatingbullets: ...they are doing really well..and i really enjoy watching their concert...so different from an usual ochesta..... :lol:

Guest crazyMuka

^ I believe that Ms. Ueno (who plays Nodame) did study piano when she was younger, plus, she said in an interview that she had 6 months to practice the pieces that she was supposed to play in the drama, so I can safely assume that she did play a little. But, I'm not very sure about Chiaki and the rest of the cast. Their ways of playing look very fake, esp. Mine's and Masumi's. If you noticed in episode 2 when Mine performed for his exam, his fingers sometimes didn't match up with the music, and his bow didn't even touch the violin. So my point is that, yes, the cast did play a little (you can see them practicing playing their respective instruments in one of the interviews), but just enough to appear convincing to the viewers; the rest is up to the directors :D. Btw, I don't like Chiaki's way of conducting, it looks so... forced -____-; His "fake" piano performance in ep 5 was pretty convincing though. The placement of the fingers, the tempo, everything matched. If only he would relaxed his expressions a little and shows us that at least he enjoys playing it then it would be even nicer, hehe xD.

I really need subs for episode 5. The drama has reached a nice point where we get to see a little development in both Chiaki's and Nodame's characters. The tone and atmosphere have softened a little bit as we see the S-Oke's members' concerns about their future and talents. It's a crucial part. Yes, these students are all having fun doing something they love, but despite all that, one day they will have to graduate, and so what will they do?? With the way they are now, will they even find a place that will accept them? That's true they're pretty good players, but the music industry is very competitive. There's no such thing as good, you have to be the best. If I were in their shoes, I'd get very worried too.

It's nice to see that Nodame has a goal for herself far ahead of her peers, but her dream and goal are just so different from Chiaki's. He has great talent and he is set to pursuit his dream. After seeing Chiaki's performance, Nodame understands that if she doesn't change herself, she and Chiaki will only drift farther and farther apart. That scene really got me. And I agree with webby, Stresemann is a great character. His way of helping is very weird and subtle, but bit by bit, he influences both Nodame and Chiaki to better themselves.

Ahh, many thanks to Shinobu again for the great caps and captions xD... Chiaki-senpai has finally started to soften up against Nodame, he even smiles when he hears her voice, how cute <33, and he even lets her into his room, prepares meals for her, worries that she'd be hungry w/o him; now, this is what I call "falling in love without even knowing about it" ^^. It could be that he only enjoys her company, but hey, no guys would be that nice to a girl they don't like, right? Moreover, it's quite obvious that Chiaki really respects Nodame's talent. He's comfortable with her, he respects her talent, he enjoys her company... now, someone tells me if this isn't the start of a long term relationship, hehe...

Guest crazyMuka

Hey guys, I found a few more magazine scans from Memento (this is the link to the exact post on his site if anyone is interested, he also has some indepth reviews for the episodes so that can help some of you out if you want to know what really happens in the drama while waiting for the subs). I reuploaded these on Imageshack so hopefully it won't damage his bandwidth, so here you go :):

thetelevision03lgrk1.th.jpg thetelevision04lgep3.th.jpg thetelevision05lgsa1.th.jpg thetelevision06lgan4.th.jpg thetelevision07lgsc9.th.jpg

And this is a bit irrelevant to the topic, but I just found these commercials cute. They feature both Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW9w_UsCKT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axqq4A5i4Us

I have to say Chiaki did a pretty convincing job when he played the violin in one of the earlier episodes. Even the vibratos look real to me. But of course it might just be superb video editing skills. Mine's fingers didn't match quite well while he was retaking his violin exam, but in certain episodes, his bowing methods looked alright.

I like watching Nodame play though. Regardless of the fact that someone else prob recorded what we hear her play, just watching her facial expressions is fun enough. I still remember the part in epi 1 when she was scolded harshly by Chiaki for changing the melody from major to minor, and how she would pout whenever he reprimands her.

With regards to how the manga is different from the drama, there are some parts left out from the manga that i think might be best done so. I can accept bizzarre things happening when reading a manga, but when viewing a drama, those kind of events might not make sense and appear irrelevant. From my recollection, i vaguely remember a part where Strezemann would buy some clothes for Nodame, and that would be a two piece swim suit. And it would show her wearing it and looking totally out of place when everyone else is wearing regular clothes. I'm so glad they removed that part. haha... Another part is where chiaki was tutoring nodame and mine for an exam, and chiaki ended up missing his own test/class --- little things such as these would prob marr one's impression of the characters that the drama has chosen to carve out.

Thanks to crazyMuka for the youtube links. The first time watching it, i could not have recognized tamaki hiroshi in it.

Guest dadedum

What appealed to me about the drama is not its funny moments, what I like best about it is how they're able to combine the plot and the music in such an affecting and seamless way. Those involved did a great job weaving classical music into a youthful setting. I think it adds so much more to the already engaging story. According to wiki the person in charge of the music selection is composer Hattori Takayuki. Of course one would expect the writers of a drama about school orchestras to do some research on music, but I think they've gone further (in a good way) than what they need to do here. This is yet another reason why Japanese dramas never fail to amaze me, they're extremely serious about the production down to the very detail and that commands respect.

Archived