[JAPAN DRAMA 2006] のだめカンタービレNODAME CA

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

hi guys - another question - where are the softsubs for episode 4? i went to s-project.org and couldn't find it. the only files there are to DL are:

NOdame Cantabile Episode 3 - Spanish

Nodame Cantabile Episode 2 - Spanish

BETA of Ep 5, version 5.1

LATEST Beta with corrections!!

Nodame Cantabile Episode 1 - Spanish .SSA

Nodame Cantabile Episode 1 - Spanish

Ep 3, almost FInal

^ thats verbatim from the website.

which one is for episode 4 + 6?? ^^;;v

thankuuuu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the "LATEST Beta with corrections" might be for epi 4 according to the date it was posted. but i'm not 100% certain since i did not download it.

Really enjoy watching Ueno Juri's expressions... here are some to share!

noda2.jpg

noda.jpg

just wondering, for people who've read the manga for this - is this show pretty much following the plotline for the manga so far? (i haven't read the manga, yet... lol)

about the nodame hairwashing routine - maybe they did the switch to show how particular chiaki is about cleanliness? :lol:.

Guest luckysmile20

^overall, yes, its been following the manga closely... and its at a fast pace, 1:1 ratio.

Volume 1 of manga = 1 episode

Because of its fast pace in the drama, its not showing every details of whats happening in the manga. And it forwarded the appearance of some characters which was revealed in later volume in the manga...

ah~ i just finished watching episode 5 w/ subtitles...

its sooo good i love this drama ^^

does anyone know when epi 6 softsubs will be available? thnkuuu

Guest crazyMuka

CrazyMuka, i like your new gif. haha. one of my fav scenes

Haha, thanks, I love that scene too. I can't imagine such a person who would find pleasure in being tortured, but since it's Nodame, anything is possible :lol:. Plus, it's from her prince charming, so why wouldn't her xD? This drama has a lot of wonderful scenes to make animated avatars out of, when I have the time I will definitely make some, I have so many scenes in mind already. Btw, thanks for making caps of Nodame's multiple expressions, they're just priceless. My personal favorite is from the scene when she was knocked out in the restroom by Chiaki's ex and then suddenly she opened her eyes, that was quite freaky. Now that I think about it, Nodame is a superhuman. She can enter and leave Chiaki's apartment without Chiaki or anyone else noticing, she is absolutely unharmed under Chiaki's punches, kicks, shoves, etc, etc. and any other forces. And Chiaki is a superhuman too for being able to put up with such a girl like Nodame, hehe :lol:.

They're going to put this drama on AZN tv tomorrow, and I was just wondering for you that know, is it going to be with English Subtitles?

According to their website http://azntv.com/fc_dramas.aspx, Nodame Cantabile is showing without English subtitles.

yArrOw, thanks for the scans, aren't those two so lovely together xD?

WOW :w00t: I think Ep 7 is the BEST ep by far.

It's getting so intense...but so good! And so many things are happening at once.

I know I will be forgetting something.

SPOILERS!

HILARIOUS :lol: because we saw another side of Nodame...wow, don't ever get this woman pissed! LMAO! But then, the meanie teacher totally deserved this! HA!

CrazyMuka, you can be rest assured now, they put the oboe player Kuroki plotline in!!! :D It was so cute to see Kuroki being so taken in by our adorable Nodame!!! They met when Nodame brought lunch to the new orchestra...because she was "Chiaki's wife". The way Kuroki asked Chiaki if she was his gf, and once Chiaki denied (after maybe 2 seconds pause), he quickly asked for her name. And Kuroki called Nodame "Noda Megumi-chan". (Note: You only use "~chan" for someone you are close with, gf or friend. Someone you have affection for.) He used it right after finding out Nodame's name. (Before meeting with Nodame, Kuroki's oboe skills were perfect...however, Chiaki still felt something was missing. It was kind of emotionless?! Though after meeting Nodame...Kuroki's playing changed.)

Although in the comic, Chiaki wasn't jealous (Muka told me)...but in this ep...Chiaki was kinda well...not really jealous...but I sense that he was uncomfortable...and perhaps, shocked?! The way Chiaki looked at Kuroki staring longingly after Nodame...unsettling...Chiaki that is! But maybe it's all my imagination! Lol, I wonder how Tamaki Hiroshi is going to portray this. Or would they have more of this so-called triangle developed??? It didn't show in the preview of next ep.

BUT, we must thank Kuroki for showing Nodame a new light. Nodame was slowly changing...yet she didn't realize it yet. She was beginning to wonder why everyone was urging her to have a higher aim in music. She wondered if it was wrong to want to be a kindergarten teacher. That if that was her choice, then maybe she shouldn't be in Music University. It was here, I really like this new character Kuroki. He told Nodame to look at it in a different way...instead of saying having a high aim, it was a way to truly enjoy music when one made improvement. To make music sound better...how joyful it can be when you achieve perfection. Therefore, to be amibitious is just another way of saying you want to improve yourself, to make greater music, thus truly appreciating music. So in the end, being ambitious is NOT a pressure...it can be something fun!

Umm...what else...it was cute about Mine and Kiora(sp?). It seems like to this point, Mine is not truly in love with her just yet...he is amazed by her violin skills/talent. He told her he likes her...her music that is. But Kiora only heard the part that he likes her. Heheheh...but I am sure it's gonna be okay.

It was in one of those meetings between some of the members of the new orchestra - Rising Star Orchestra (the name came up by Mine & his father) at the Chinese restaurant. Chiaki decided to leave early...and Mine's father handed him the take-out box, so Chiaki could take it to Nodame...basically, Mine's father just knew/assume that Chiaki would have dinner with Nodame, and Nodame would have dinner with Chiaki. A couple. Chiaki took the box naturally, and said sure (something like that...the main point is, he was willing...and it was like a habit to him now, having dinner with Nodame). Though it was his reaction after he took the box...he paused for a long time...with this weird look on his face. I have no idea what he was thinking...worrying about Nodame (since she was acting "weird" lately) or he was shocked that everyone assumed they were an item, or that this dinner thing had become a habit to him, so he was taken aback? Not sure...but I guess a mixture of all that.

This dinner, with Mine's father's take-out, seemed like another turning point in both their lives. Chiaki tried to find out what was wrong with Nodame...tried to ask her how she was doing in her practice. (Though Nodame was actually skipping that meanie teacher's class.) It was then Nodame found out Chiaki's fear of flying. Then Chiaki tried to shrug it off, and listened to Strezemann's latest CD...and from it, he realized which piece of music he wanted his new orchestra to play. And once again, Nodame saw how dedicated Chiaki was towards music...the success of this new orchestra.

Anyway, Chiaki finally found out Nodame's problem. He was so angry at Nodame...saying she was wasting her time. They had their first fight?! That her learning attitude/style was not good...just like a kid. That if he was a parent, he won't want his kid to have a kindergarten teacher like her. Nodame was angry too...that why couldn't people just let her be...why was everyone forcing her to do something she didn't want. She was upset that Chiaki was one of those people...so she said she would go home alone today. Then Chiaki replied that was what he wanted too. (Meaning they had been going home together... :wub:) It was an intense and heart-breaking scene...because what Strezemann said was really hitting home. That right now, Nodame couldn't be with Chiaki. Their dreams were TOO different. And WOW B) ...Chiaki/Tamaki...the tears (of frustration/disappointment) in his eyes as he was scolding Nodame...trying to get her to see his point.

Chiaki left...and thought to himself...that no matter how talented Nodame was, there wasn't anything he could do. It was all up to her to take herself to a higher level. He seemed really disappointed. The meanie teacher saw him...and told him "his woman" was crazy! Chiaki then denied that Nodame was his woman...but he told the meanie teacher ways to make Nodame take his lessons.

To cut the story short, meanie teacher successfully got Nodame to finally be his student. And Nodame was so touched that it was actually Chiaki who gave the meanie teacher tips...because that would mean Chiaki cared about her.

At the very end of the ep...Chiaki was basically extremely upset with the new orchestra's attitude. So he walked out...and Nodame chased after him. Chiaki walked up the stairs...and Nodame fell (a little), dropping the red water bottle she was holding...and the water bottle rolled off the flights of stair...

This action caused Chiaki to remember what happened during that airplane accident. Now this is the part where I am quite clueless...so Muka or webby can clear this up...I would appreciate it! :) In the accident...young Chiaki was trying to get a tiny bottle of pills that an old man (sitting beside him with aisle between them) dropped. Most likely, those pills were for heart problems...because the old man was in pain. Sadly, young Chiaki couldn't reach it...and the bottle continued to roll backwards...and all he could do was to watch the old man suffer.

But this scene...that Chiaki remember seemed to be very IMPORTANT. Why? I don't know. :blush:

Okay...long summary...and just note, the events are NOT in the order I wrote them. And please excuse my grammatical errors.

I think Ep 7 is the BEST ep by far.

--- those pills were for heart problems...because the old man was in pain. Sadly, young Chiaki couldn't reach it...and the bottle continued to roll backwards...and all he could do was to watch the old man suffer.

But this scene...that Chiaki remember seemed to be very IMPORTANT. Why? I don't know. :blush:

If I remembered orrectly, in the mangwa, Chiaki blamed himself that the old man died because he couldn't pick up the pill bottles. I think that's why chiaki is scared of flying again.

Guest dr jung

This action caused Chiaki to remember what happened during that airplane accident. Now this is the part where I am quite clueless...so Muka or webby can clear this up...I would appreciate it! :) In the accident...young Chiaki was trying to get a tiny bottle of pills that an old man (sitting beside him with aisle between them) dropped. Most likely, those pills were for heart problems...because the old man was in pain. Sadly, young Chiaki couldn't reach it...and the bottle continued to roll backwards...and all he could do was to watch the old man suffer.

at the end, Chiaki says that it was the first time he remembers the people on the plane.. he used to remember just the accident itself, not the people.

Yvonne, you got the gist of it. i haven't watched episode 7 yet, but basically in the manga, when chiaki recollected what happened in vol 8, he mentioned that only he knew where the pills fell and landed, but he couldn't help. That was what left a mark on him and the reason why he wasn't able to fly. Thank you for the long episode review. Reading it just makes me look forward to episode 7 even more. I must say that up til now, I sometimes still think of Chiaki and Nodame in the manga and Chiaki and Nodame in the drama as two separate entities. I love how both Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri play their roles. But there's always this wilfullness in Chiaki and the occasional solemn demure-ness in Nodame in the manga that I find missing in the drama. My fav scene of Chiaki in the drama is still in episode 1, when both him and nodame were to play the Mozart piece for two pianos together after practising for 3 days. The look he gave Nodame as he watched her dilligently yet painstakingly practising the piece was just priceless.

chiaki2.jpg

On another note, it's interesting that Nodame easily captures the heart of Mine and now Kuroki, and charmed Chiaki and Strezemann with her cantabile playing style when they first meet. Strezemann called her the fantasie girl, and if you think back to episode 1, chiaki would have been rash enough to open the door to Nodame's practice room without even knocking if saiko hadn't stopped him. If that had been the case, I wondered whether fate would have intervened earlier and prevented him from experiencing the disgust of waking up in a rubbish heap the next morning. For now it seemed as if the nightmare he awoken to the next day has been indelibly ingrained in his mind that he refuses to think of Nodame as a possible love interest.

Muka, i have to agree that there are so many interesting scenes to be captured that would make great gifs. hoping to see more of your collection. There was this Nodame CM originally on youtube when the drama was first airing that had Nodame in that red dress with white spots and she was pouting her lips and hoping chiaki would kiss her, which of course he didn't. i think that would make a great gif as well. But i have no idea where to find it since the clip's been removed. hee.. actually the clip's still there. Here->http://youtube.com/watch?v=0kxJ1ppxOx8

pcyan, dr.jung, webby, luckysmile: Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! My Japanese is still beginner level! :P

So I guess it's the guilt that is the MAIN problem!

Guest renzu_oni

wait, are the softsubs for ep. 6 out already?

*checks out s-projects*

none? am i missing something here? where do i get the english subs for ep. 6? ~_~

/EDIT/

nvm.. i was blind not to notice it, :sweatingbullets:

Archived