[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I thought that he said she was arrested for divulging confidential information?   In many countries, fake diplomas are illegal but not a criminal offence to buy or own or fudge up a fake diploma. Neither is a fake resume. 

But I was only watching the translation of the preview which could be jumbled up. It may be a crime in Korea.

Yes, you're right. I wrote it, after watching the preview RAW.

@docster6 Have you noticed that Hong is with YSO waiting outside? I guess, HWS didn't want her to be hurt. Moreover, Hong is considered as a rookie hence they were not directly involved in the arrest of the culprit. I am curious how this arrest will affect KHC, his family, HWS and the team!! Since she will be at the police station....first, her involvement with police will be revealed to her family. Hence I am expecting that unaware of the consequences of Woo's actions, the truth will be revealed: YSO was the one who helped to have DG caught and arrested; HS was saved by YSO; KHC was the prosecutor who helped JDJ to get released and HWS never submitted her testimony in order to protect her...  You can no longer lie, when you are officially arrested.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of us were a little bit disappointed by the slow pace of Episode 10, you know, the slow walk in the park between Hong and SO and then Woo and SO. But I think the next 6 episodes will be full of adventure, an Ahjamma to be arrested for the first time and bravery of SO, WS and Hong will be tested to the limit. I can't wait. You know, that testimony of SO against Jang could still be used. WS wanted Jang to stay in jail and that was why he needed SO's testimony to be that morning. Now that SO is in the police force and she is no longer hiding her role as a detective from her "family," she could testify in person and in full detail. Jang could be re-arrested for an attempted murder of a civilian (at that time). If that happens, Ha and the rest of the power-players would be in danger. I think we will be in for a wild ride toward the finish.

From the raw youtube videos, there are a lot of very interesting scenes. I can't wait to watch the subbed episode. (1) Officer Hong gave SO a necklace in a very pricey box. It is not what you think...but it is what you think. Inside the box is a very expensive looking whistle, a gold one with a gold necklace. I think he convinced her that it is for police work. She put it around her neck and they were on a stake-out. I doubt SO even know what it means. But later when WS sees it, he would explain what love means. (2) I think SO and Woo will have confrontations today but I doubt the arrest scene is today. SO seems unhappy with the way Woo runs things and it would be interesting to see their dynamics. (3) Jang seems to be in trouble with a congressman (JW's father?) and he was unhappy about the phone call. Now I think Jang was released not because he has connections and the bad guys actually want to get him killed, on the outside, not inside the prison. Because of that Jang might actually need WS' help and the high-level cases might be cracked open. WS' father and rich associates might be going down soon. In one scene, a gang ransacked Jang's apartment, looking for him. WS was on the scene shortly thereafter. Even though WS is now in the violent crime divisoon, I doubt he could leave his narcotics work so easily. He is still after Jang. (4) It appears the culprit for the underwear case will be caught, he is the one @bebebisous33singled out, SO's nice family-man neighbor. In his car, there is a full-size luggage bag full of women underwear and duct tapes. I think the culprit also has a police car? (5) The ahjamma got a lot of civilians interested in her work and they met at the basement of the box-lunch store, her BFF, the grocery store ahjamma, Officer Lee, the lazy older officer, WS, SO, even the culprit's nice wife, I think. They studied the map of the stolen underwears. (6) I think Woo might be unhappy about SO's good work. I think it is time WS moves in and give her some support. WS can be a very sensitive person. Great episode to be watched today, I am excited.

3 minutes ago, docster6 said:

From the raw youtube videos, there are a lot of very interesting scenes. I can't wait to watch the subbed episode. (1) Officer Hong gave SO a necklace in a very pricey box. It is not what you think...but it is what you think. Inside the box is a very expensive looking whistle, a gold one with a gold necklace. I think he convinced her that it is for police work. She put it around her neck and they were on a stake-out. I doubt SO even know what it means. But later when WS sees it, he would explain what love means. (2) I think SO and Woo will have confrontations today but I doubt the arrest scene is today. SO seems unhappy with the way Woo runs things and it would be interesting to see their dynamics. (3) Jang seems to be in trouble with a congressman (JW's father?) and he was unhappy about the phone call. Now I think Jang was released not because he has connections and the bad guys actually want to get him killed, on the outside, not inside the prison. Because of that Jang might actually need WS' help and the high-level cases might be cracked open. WS' father and rich associates might be going down soon. In one scene, a gang ransacked Jang's apartment, looking for him. WS was on the scene shortly thereafter. Even though WS is now in the violent crime divisoon, I doubt he could leave his narcotics work so easily. He is still after Jang. (4) It appears the culprit for the underwear case will be caught, he is the one @bebebisous33singled out, SO's nice family-man neighbor. In his car, there is a full-size luggage bag full of women underwear and duct tapes. I think the culprit also has a police car? (5) The ahjamma got a lot of civilians interested in her work and they met at the basement of the box-lunch store, her BFF, the grocery store ahjamma, Officer Lee, the lazy older officer, WS, SO, even the culprit's nice wife, I think. They studied the map of the stolen underwears. (6) I think Woo might be unhappy about SO's good work. I think it is time WS moves in and give her some support. WS can be a very sensitive person. Great episode to be watched today, I am excited.

1. From what I understood (RAW), I believe that Woo said that YJ was the victim of the serial killer "tapeface". Yet, YSO rejected this idea and said that it was the work of someone else. In my opinion, her point was all the other victims were found outside, but her friend was found in her flat. I came to this idea because if you looked at the pictures, you could see all the victims lying on the ground, outdoors. YSO's crush didn't last long in the end. I am not sure if Woo told her that he knew that her credentials were not true because she kept arguing with him. YSO told him, she would catch the culprit herself.  

2. The gang who ransacked JDJ's office belongs to the Yakusa. They spoke in Japanese. Since JDJ lost the drug, he has to face the consequences.

@docster6 Now, I have just finished watching the episode RAW and I must say that the writer did an excellent job. I didn't expect this twist that the underwear thief was not the killer!! In fact, he is a witness. So in the next episode, they are trying to catch the culprit and this will be a competition between YSO and her team (with HWS, Hong aso) against Woo!! On the other hand, I have to correct myself: the last victim was definitely a victim of the serial killer. Now, I am wondering, why she was found in her flat. Moreover, she is not taken away like the new victim who was caught by the serial killer.  

1 hour ago, tmadzik said:

I waiting for subtlies:tongue: I noticed something very interesting ;-) In this video around 2:50 to 3:17 min we see how WS imagine himself a thief - he looks like SO husband . I love  WS smile on the end :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rcjp_6Zd0

Lol Yes He Pictured Kim Ho Chul as the panty thief and said as much to YSO who got angry with him and he just laughed :lol:

Anyone else sense the tension build up between WS & Hong Next episode? Uri poor puppy was not liking the what is going between with SO & WS, they are starting to be one mind as they both are now thinking and completing each other's sentences. And those smiles between them :blush::wub::heart: Let's see the husbands reaction to another man giving her a necklace. Now Inspector Woo, who, in my opinion, seems to be trying to be and look like WS. Acting all tough and what not when he has zero field work and street smarts. Gets handsy with WS! :angry: Like you can't go all undercover with a camera crew on site! You stick out like a sore thumb! Plus, everyone knows who you are and since the Murderer is a fellow popo, then he knows what's up. TeamWANSEOL FTW! 

Finished todays episode. Thoughts:

• I really, really like the soundtrack. The moment the culprit turned on the radio and the O.S.T. was playing I got goosebumps again. Definitely going to buy the soundtrack when it will be released.
  • Tomorrows episode will be very important I think, it seems like we will make a few huge steps tomorrow. Really looking forward to that.
  • I loved the neighborhood-team dynamic that this episode had, I liked every scene where everyone was teaming up and worked together.
  • It seems SO slowly realizes that her husband could be be different from what she believes. So far it never even occured to her mind that he could be someone from the bad side. Maybe she will start thinking that he could be part of the suicide case of her parents.

I don't really know what to say, it felt like todays episodes purpose was to prepare for an amazing episode tomorrow. 

I don't know about you all, I loved this episode. Boy, oh boy, Officer Hong is so tall and handsome, and in dark dressed uniform too. There was a long line of young girls waiting to confess to him. But why would he fall for a married ahjamma instead. That is so cool though, I doubt that gold whistle actually works (maybe super high pitched?), it was a necklace gift for someone he loves and admires. SO is super smart but she missed it completely since she does not understand love and hormones. Hey, wake up, the handsome guy was giving his heart to you.

I wonder why the camera is hiding Mr.Kim's face from us, he is involved with Jang and he told Jang not to get involved with WS if WS pays attention to SO. He also told Jang his best chance is to get out of the country since the Triad (Chinese) and Yakusa (Japanese) are both after him. The same Mr. Kim is having SO's parents' suicide file hidden. The local policeman who hid the file called Kim to alert him of someone after that file. There was a reference to that young picture of SO that she was smart and that she is smarter than they even expect. So I think Mr. Kim has something to do with SO being uneducated and married and "tied up" doing housework? I wonder that "Kim" has anything to do with Kim Ho-Chul? It is a very common name for Koreans, so I doubt it. But we haven't seen any mention of Mother-in-Law's husband, a Mr. Kim.

I am excited our OTP will be "breathlessly" chasing after a new murderer and it will be a race for time. They will be so tired together and I sense that our OTP will be connected finally and that Hong is not so pleased that his girl (or ahjamma) is spending so much time with Inspector Ha. To me, when WS said out loud to SO that her husband is a suspect for underwear stealing, it is his way of telling her that WS is a better guy. I sense WS moving in...WS really likes SO. I am glad Inspector Woo wil be taught a lesson or two by the people without his level of resources.

5/10/17 Ratings:

Mystery Queen: 8.7% 

Ruler–Master of the Mask: 9.7%

Suspicious Partner: 6.3%

Source: Daum/Nielsen

Mystery Queen had a 0.3 drop from the previous episode (9.0%).

I'm still pleased with the rating! I knew it was up against tough competition. I hope MQ's ratings stay steady (or go up). ^-^

------------------------------------------------------------

I was dissatisfied with the previous episode because it was a bit too slow with the plot.

But I just finished watching EP 11 which was much better. The beginning scene editing was kinda abrupt among other edits and a few extra scenes, but the rest of the episode was fine.

I didn't expect that Seol Ok would clash with Inspector Woo that fast. I'm glad the story went in this direction. She was his fangirl and had admired him for a long time, but she didn't hesitate to question him when he was being shady about the investigation.

I really liked seeing the neighborhood crime team come together and seeing them make plausible deductions. It was nice to see the grocery store lady being involved. ^^ I like seeing these characters more than SO's husband/family and Ji Won.

So I had briefly thought the killer was the same as the thief before this episode, but now we know they are two separate individuals. This twist added a good layer of tension/mystery to the story. I liked Seol Ok's explanation about the different tape directions and about two killer possibility - one who is left-handed and the other is right-handed. But I'm wondering if Joo Yeon's killer is the same killer behind the tape murders, then why did he change his method??

@lumibear, we have information that SO and WS do not have, We saw the serial murderer has a police car and he picked a girl up and then lock her in and he would take her to the countryside to torture her first before taping her alive to suffocate. I think in the preview he will kidnap another girl. With a police car and a police uniform, he can do it brazenly in the open, even in the daylight. When I watched all those poor young girls getting killed I wish they had some pepper spray or taser gun of some sort, because they could have affected the killer and perhaps be able to escape. When our cheerful girl was walking home, her murderer was walking behing her and that caused her to call someone to be with her until she gets home. So her killer was on foot, not the same murderer as the police car one. Therefore, SO was correct that the two killers are the not the same. In the beginning part of the preview, it looked like the underwear thief was able to call a lineup of suspects and identify quite quickly the local murderer. I think the running in the crowded streets for our OTP was going after the serial killer. It might take until next week to get that one solved.

I wonder why Mr. Ha would be interested in the serial murder case, enough to supply a large sum of money to have the elite detective team formed. It seems so odd that the head of a famous law firm would be interested in the violent crime division of the police department. The Mr. Kim on the phone must be related to Mr. Ha somehow and they have connections to Jang and the narcotics gang. Mr. Kim should not be related to Jung Ji-Won since their family names are different. This drama is quite interesting and I am consumed by it. I wish there are more interests for this thread and I am dying to read more.

I actually turned off my computer and headed to bed. Then I turned the computer back on to write this. I am thinking perhaps the cheerful girl's father killed her. When she was explaining about her first blind date to SO and KM at the lunch box store, she mentioned her family would be very harsh and they would punish her for her new behavior. She escaped her small town to get to Seoul. After her murder, her mother cried very sadly but her father was nowhere to be seen. Since the serial murder captured the nation's attention 7 years ago, the cheerful girl's murderer was trying to simulate it to deflect attention from him? SO said the murder was done first before the tape was neatly applied. The girl actually didn't finish taking down her laundry that night, the murderer did it and folded it. I do know with the humidity in Seoul, the clothes would be rather wet from the dew in the evening and I suppose the apartment didn't have a dryer? The fact the underwear thief disclosed to WS that he witnessed the murder, WS and SO will be way ahead of Inspector Woo. The latter left the thief to WS because he was only interested in the murder, not the theft. I think Woo will be unhappy because the lowly people are always ahead of him by a step.

43 minutes ago, docster6 said:

I actually turned off my computer and headed to bed. Then I turned the computer back on to write this. I am thinking perhaps the cheerful girl's father killed her. When she was explaining about her first blind date to SO and KM at the lunch box store, she mentioned her family would be very harsh and they would punish her for her new behavior. She escaped her small town to get to Seoul. After her murder, her mother cried very sadly but her father was nowhere to be seen. Since the serial murder captured the nation's attention 7 years ago, the cheerful girl's murderer was trying to simulate it to deflect attention from him? SO said the murder was done first before the tape was neatly applied. The girl actually didn't finish taking down her laundry that night, the murderer did it and folded it. I do know with the humidity in Seoul, the clothes would be rather wet from the dew in the evening and I suppose the apartment didn't have a dryer? The fact the underwear thief disclosed to WS that he witnessed the murder, WS and SO will be way ahead of Inspector Woo. The latter left the thief to WS because he was only interested in the murder, not the theft. I think Woo will be unhappy because the lowly people are always ahead of him by a step.

You might be a real fan of mystery novels.  I have been sleeping, letting CSI, or Memtalist or Criminal Mind series running on screen every night.

Archived