[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

i am feeling lost after ep 10 where they going to touch WS and YSO past trauma ? 

as we though before it may take to ep 11-12 to get there but something wrong why suddenly the role of that TV man has become bigger 

don't tell me he going to be also connected to their story from the  past too or why we have suddenly another man in the picture 

this drama keep confuse and surprise me and that not a bad things but i hope we have enough time to see the closer up of all the story's they gave 

but i like that the world is not just about two people or the same people from the start to the end 

so as much i get from the RAW the father trying to control WS in police so he sure will choice team that WS don't like to make him low in work or at least to force him to quiet the police work , so to choice the TV man maybe not be good news-  but i hope YSO don't have to face the fact that even the man she respect so much is just a fake or evil guy too 

WOW how much YSO world going to be changing now ? are they going to make her break out of that  family someday ? or at least facing and changing their way in living and treating her? cause till now nothing change even with the sister in law they all still only think about themselves 

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, nona88 said:

i am feeling lost after ep 10 where they going to touch WS and YSO past trauma ? 

as we though before it may take to ep 11-12 to get there but something wrong why suddenly the role of that TV man has become bigger 

don't tell me he going to be also connected to their story from the  past too or why we have suddenly another man in the picture 

this drama keep confuse and surprise me and that not a bad things but i hope we have enough time to see the closer up of all the story's they gave 

but i like that the world is not just about two people or the same people from the start to the end 

so as much i get from the RAW the father trying to control WS in police so he sure will choice team that WS don't like to make him low in work or at least to force him to quiet the police work , so to choice the TV man maybe not be good news-  but i hope YSO don't have to face the fact that even the man she respect so much is just a fake or evil guy too 

WOW how much YSO world going to be changing now ? are they going to make her break out of that  family someday ? or at least facing and changing their way in living and treating her? cause till now nothing change even with the sister in law they all still only think about themselves 

I haven't watched the episode with subtitles yet but I felt the same way. How long will it take, until HWS's past is revealed to YSO? I had the impression that the episode was more a filler. Sure, in this episode, she discovered that HWS's father must be a powerful person and that HWS has not a good relationship with him. I liked that we saw more Hong again. Another good thing was that I was right with the theory: YSO's father was a taxi driver !!!

5 hours ago, docster6 said:

the camera shot focused on SO with all the passerby in higher speed. The interpretation of that scene is that only SO matters. I am not making this up, I know what that means as a veteran of many dramas. Thanks for allowing me to express my shipping requests.

But he doesn'tknow other passerbys..

if i let you look at a crowd and if you see a familiar face, you are bound to focus on that.. or take note of that.. or follow it..

that's exactly the case here..

@shipping

I can feel the undercurrents in the drama.. that this can easily flip to romance.. but the truth is for both characters, romance is still not in the picture. WS respects ajumma a lot.. that is his development in 9 episodes.. and she is still stuck where she was in ep 1..

Although for WS, it just needs 1 strong moment to make him flip.. and fall in love and realize that he is in love..

I'm honestly confused, i can feel the undercurrents but i don't think writer wants to explore the romance.. they will leave it at the undercurrent... maybe in hope for a sequel.. too bad, i really like this otp.. for proper reasons (even though i don't want her to cheat or divorce her husband.. convoluted i know :tongue: ) ..

In my 5 yrs of watching kdramas.. this is truly the first time that an OTP at emotional level makes sense

Just saw the subs. Nothing happened in this episode...Our "OTP"  had all of two scenes together. I could care less about profiler whatsit and Really if the plot does not move along next episode I think I might just drop this series and then see how it ends to rewatch. 

lol.. so i am still watching ep 10 BUT @ 10.50

when hong cop is dicussing drama with the witness.. they say

"I am rooting for the wan and yeok couple.. so and seol are also.. sthg sthg".. and the drama is called king of intuition.. which ends at 11 pm :tongue:

Lol.. well atleast we are right abt writer having intention of making her leads a romantic couple.. now whether that would actually happen or not is another story

I didn't see Episode 10 as a filler episode, I sense a lot of things are building up and the tension is rising. Things will explode next week. The expensive room and equipment were funded by Mr. Ha and the top leader will be our Inspector Woo. It kept up with the theme that the project is time sensitive and that it must be done in a hurry. We have no idea what might happen, but it should be really big and that money is no object. The good things are: (1) Yoo gets a chance to be a real cop with a title. (2) Officer Hong, YSO's admirer, volunteered to join the team while giving up a better opportunity to be in the intelligence division. (3) WS and SO would have to work together every day. (4) The team will have the resources and the support. The bad things are: (i) Woo is single and none of us likes him. (ii) Ha is involved and the chief will operate as a puppet. (iii) I can't stand Woo. (iv) I can't stand Woo. (v) I can't stand the way SO admires Woo. (vi) I can't stand Woo bossing WS and his captain around.

I am not worry about SO's credentials being exposed. The police never asked for her certification of being a Doctor of Psychology. SO has all the knowledge that the best "doctor" would have because she studied along with HS (SIL) and did her homework. She has been doing this kind of work for about 10 years. For sure, Hong has seen what others could do and he didn't see anyone better. I think WS will be mad a lot in the near future, but our OTP would have to join force to figure out the big picture. They will catch the culprit but I don't think that would be big case. The underwear case is important because so many of them knew and liked the victim.

42 minutes ago, docster6 said:

I didn't see Episode 10 as a filler episode, I sense a lot of things are building up and the tension is rising. Things will explode next week. The expensive room and equipment were funded by Mr. Ha and the top leader will be our Inspector Woo. It kept up with the theme that the project is time sensitive and that it must be done in a hurry. We have no idea what might happen, but it should be really big and that money is no object. The good things are: (1) Yoo gets a chance to be a real cop with a title. (2) Officer Hong, YSO's admirer, volunteered to join the team while giving up a better opportunity to be in the intelligence division. (3) WS and SO would have to work together every day. (4) The team will have the resources and the support. The bad things are: (i) Woo is single and none of us likes him. (ii) Ha is involved and the chief will operate as a puppet. (iii) I can't stand Woo. (iv) I can't stand Woo. (v) I can't stand the way SO admires Woo. (vi) I can't stand Woo bossing WS and his captain around.

I am not worry about SO's credentials being exposed. The police never asked for her certification of being a Doctor of Psychology. SO has all the knowledge that the best "doctor" would have because she studied along with HS (SIL) and did her homework. She has been doing this kind of work for about 10 years. For sure, Hong has seen what others could do and he didn't see anyone better. I think WS will be mad a lot in the near future, but our OTP would have to join force to figure out the big picture. They will catch the culprit but I don't think that would be big case. The underwear case is important because so many of them knew and liked the victim.

Thsi shud havehappened in ep 1 and 2.. this romance is so slow burn that it needs 500 episodes..

i dont know what will they show in next 6 epsioes.. and goodby any hopes of kiss/physical romance

In 6 episodes, we need

1. solve that drug dealers from ep 1 case

.2. solve WS's past story.. who killed his girlfriend (most probably would be that drug dealer)

3. Solve YS's parents death mystery

4. resolve YS's marriage

5. Get YS-WS romance

6. Resolve Ws and his father's relationship

7. give closure to all other side characters

8. get this special unit team the recognition to keep continuing (an thereof leave an opening for season 2)

9. get YS to come clean abt her doctorate and interest in being a detective, plus the exam that she is preparing for and has to take (and pass to officially start working with police)

57 minutes ago, docster6 said:

I really admire the writer,how smart he is!   I remember someone complained about the underware case earlier that it is an unnecessary one, but it turned out to really mattered! It makes WS to look at himself, his carelessness, his arrogance, his self obsession. On the other hand, we learned about some young police officers like Chief Hong and Officer Lee with their determinations to serve the public.  All smile and happy look whenever he saw Teacher Yoo are so impressive and made me smile too.

Inspector Woo's emerge worried me so much though.

28 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Thsi shud havehappened in ep 1 and 2.. this romance is so slow burn that it needs 500 episodes..

i dont know what will they show in next 6 epsioes.. and goodby any hopes of kiss/physical romance

In 6 episodes, we need

1. solve that drug dealers from ep 1 case

.2. solve WS's past story.. who killed his girlfriend (most probably would be that drug dealer)

3. Solve YS's parents death mystery

4. resolve YS's marriage

5. Get YS-WS romance

6. Resolve Ws and his father's relationship

7. give closure to all other side characters

8. get this special unit team the recognition to keep continuing (an thereof leave an opening for season 2)

9. get YS to come clean abt her doctorate and interest in being a detective, plus the exam that she is preparing for and has to take (and pass to officially start working with police)

Another 6 eps can cover all. Particularly No. 5.  I may die before the scene.

It is 6.22 am Bangkok time. Good morning!

Finished the subbed episode, thoughts:

• Pretty much a wasted episode, nothing happened, nothing to report, just skirmishes at various locations without much impact yet. We aren't further in the case, both traumas are still untouched, both leads still don't really like each other and prosecutor husband is still doing whatever he does. 
  • Feels like, if you would delete this episode from the drama, noone would really notice it. 
  • The pacing begins to feel kinda slow, we are already at ep10 and there are still a lot of things that have to be touched, the whole drama still feels like we're  at the beginning.
  • After today I said goodbye to any romance. Seems like SY will be interested in the Inspector and because this won't happen.
  • I think there were too many changes within the police station at once, at one point if was confusing and I had to stop and put the puzzle back together again.
  • Filler episode, from start to beginning, which is sad. I really want to learn more about each character.

Just now, RobinM said:

@dhakra I think you mean SY will be interested in the inspector :wink:  

If WS was it would be quite the interesting twist :)

Hey. At this point I will take my shipping where I can get it. 

:huh:Omo.....lol :joy:Yeah....my mistake. Was a long night. Happens when you don't read the text before you submit it. 

But it would be indeed a quite interesting twist, would spice things up a bit. :D 

51 minutes ago, RobinM said:

@dhakra I think you mean SY will be interested in the inspector :wink:  

If WS was it would be quite the interesting twist :)

Hey. At this point I will take my shipping where I can get it. 

i think she means the guy who does tv shows..

YS is not even close to falling in love with WS...

14 hours ago, docster6 said:

I put forth the effort to find out that our female lead is capable of heavy duty skinship. In her previous drama (50 episodes), Glamorous Temptation, she had a lot of hug scenes. I guess the famous kiss scene was by their youthful actors. @ross27 should know this because you were in that forum. I was invited by @kbleonto join it but that was a busy time of my schedule. I hijacked @alin103's compilation of hug scenes:

Yes, I think scenes like that could be possible in this drama. WS has been very physical with SO, there were plenty of "skinship" scenes. But I want the more romantic kind. Actually, after WS saved Ahjamma from the grave, there was a 3-second hug of relieve. But SO continued to emphasize that she saved herself and we all know it was not true. When Jang was to stab her, SO actually fainted. That means SO would have died if WS didn't catch that murder scene in time. I am totally convinced that WS will hug SO, maybe a backhug to start things off? You see, WS remembers ALL gentle gestures by a female he likes. When HS (first love) touched his wound on the side of his chin, he remembered it and had it etched in his mind. When SO cared for his knife wound on the wrist from Jang, WS remembered when he opened his refrigerator. He drank water instead of beer from her admonition. Yes, I am very optimistic, there will be some romance for our OTP. Just think about this: the ending scene of episode 9 had WS looking down the street and he saw SO coming to deliver the victim's food; the camera shot focused on SO with all the passerby in higher speed. The interpretation of that scene is that only SO matters. I am not making this up, I know what that means as a veteran of many dramas. Thanks for allowing me to express my shipping requests.

Hello @docster6, thanks for bringing up GT. I enjoyed the discussions from that thread very much but was so frustrated with so many episodes of the OTP being set apart. I've enjoyed Choi Kang Hee's dramas especially Heart to to Heart.  I can see WS opening his heart to her first as all the hints seem to point that way. He is going to get real jealous with SO hero-worshipping Profiler Woo and Chief Hong's special attachment/respect(?) for SO.

13 hours ago, docster6 said:

Hahaha..now there's one more person (Woo) that we can't stand apart from KHC. I do like it that WS, SO and Hong will be working together. 

19 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, that's what I am hoping or better said that's what I was hoping. I actually wanted her to be the one who discovers how her own family (mother and brother) are lying to YSO so that she starts seeing them in a different light. She starts questioning the true intentions of her own family.

But the first 8 minutes surprised me: how rude and selfish HS is towards YSO!! It was about washing a cachemire pullover and if I understood it correctly (RAW version), her oppa might have offered it to her. After watching this scene, I started disliking HS again! YSO saved her life and so far, HS doesn't feel indebted towards her. HS is still too much focused on herself and her pain!!

I agree with you that the utter rudeness of SIL is surprising! Even though SO softened a little towards her when she saw her crying, still it did not excuse her for being so rude to SO (who is her elder), with not a `thank you' for having saved her from a murderer! This family is living individually, selfishly and with fake manners, it is no wonder that SIL is not relating well or genuinely with SO. SO, fortunately has her best friend who is her confidante and drinking partner wiht genuine concern for her. Otherwise, she will turn out very badly too!

“Mystery Queen” Takes Top Spot In Viewership Ratings For 8 Consecutive Weeks

mystery-queen.jpg

KBS2’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Mystery Queen” has dominated its time slot for eight weeks in a row!

On May 5, Nielsen Korea reported that the May 4 broadcast of “Mystery Queen” garnered 9 percent ratings. Although this is 0.2 percent lower than the previous episode, the drama still managed to keep its No. 1 spot in its time slot.

Meanwhile, both SBS’s “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” and MBC’s “Radiant Office” aired its final episodes, each earning 8.2 percent and 7 percent ratings, respectively.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/04/mystery-queen-takes-top-spot-viewership-ratings-8-consecutive-weeks/

i couldn't get them after watching ep 10 with sub 

1- so now WS know about YSO parents and why she trying so hard with her family and they just made him said that so easy and know and understand her in causal words and acting  as it was small matter ( goodbye to one of the most waiting and touching scene we was hoping to have ):joy::joy: what next YSO know about WS past too in coffee talk!!!!! , there will be no change or over dramatic scene :worried:

2- the TV man ( SORRY he will have that name till i see more from him to remember his name ) so he not that fake after all , he has some talent of profiling people and i think he know that the " doctor " things that was written in YSO file was lies since he seem to get to read her well , even so he seem interesting in YSO in personal view and she make him interesting as profile too so he going to keep her around and even i  can think they going to have match to see who will solve that murder case first ,

i don't think he was random appearing after watching it with sub even if he wasn't in their side at first he can be a big help to YSO to stay in police work even if they find about her latter since he look like a man who has respect and power there and can gave her a door to keep going in her dream 

3- WS father a piece of work and as WS said he " the best ever , jerk " he make a good no a great special team from the best police officer to take over his son  team place . wow he really has no stooping line

4- officer HONG  i like him with every EP , but who he is ,??? as WS he has some connecting there , no matter how he smart he acting as he wanted i think he come from a good family and maybe a powerful one and we can see from his super manner with everyone he had being raising  in a really good family 

5- i hope they making all that stage for YSO to be ready to accept the true soon about her parents , husband and his family , maybe they making her having all this people around her to have another family feeling so she can get away from her cage , even to gave her someone she really respect and look up to him to work with can gave her a hope and a strong reason to not stop no matter what hat family say and even gave her power to trust that she can do that ( even become  a really police officer) if she even can get the respect and help from her idol 

6- the fact that WS didn't forget about YSO parent case and he said he waiting for them to bring the file to him make us know it soon that we going to face that case . but i hoped they at least start something with the girl murder in ep 10-  but now ep 11 has going on them finding the murder and fighting each other with the new two teams want to solve that case if it don't take over ep 12 plot too ( goodbye next week wishing list )

What will the partnerships be? WS didn't know who the "new guy" is, so he dismissed "him" and said he wants Dong-Ki to be his partner. Captain asked, "we couldn't have two rookies together, could we?" He was referring to Hong and the newbie. If those partnerships were to stand, Hong would be so excited, like a dream comes true for him to work with Teacher Yoo. But now the equation has changed, would WS want SO to be his new partner? I would guess that he would like that, knowing he chased ahjamma around all over the place, including the airport and the islands. Wow, I know KHC does not want his wife to be around the police station at all; now that she might be a partner with his hated policeman, HWS, the s..t will hit the fan. I doubt Mr.Ha knows about the new officer also. As of now, Ha and Jung law firm knows very little about the new profiler, she is beneath their radar, she is a nobody, someone without higher education. I think in the next episode, SO will start making some outstanding contributions so that the higher up couldn't get rid of her so easily. People with power, KHC as a prosecutor, Ha as a high profile leader that even the police commissioner respects, will have a hard time against these lower level people. I am excited to see how all the future events unfold.

1 hour ago, docster6 said:

What will the partnerships be? WS didn't know who the "new guy" is, so he dismissed "him" and said he wants Dong-Ki to be his partner. Captain asked, "we couldn't have two rookies together, could we?" He was referring to Hong and the newbie. If those partnerships were to stand, Hong would be so excited, like a dream comes true for him to work with Teacher Yoo. But now the equation has changed, would WS want SO to be his new partner? I would guess that he would like that, knowing he chased ahjamma around all over the place, including the airport and the islands. Wow, I know KHC does not want his wife to be around the police station at all; now that she might be a partner with his hated policeman, HWS, the s..t will hit the fan. I doubt Mr.Ha knows about the new officer also. As of now, Ha and Jung law firm knows very little about the new profiler, she is beneath their radar, she is a nobody, someone without higher education. I think in the next episode, SO will start making some outstanding contributions so that the higher up couldn't get rid of her so easily. People with power, KHC as a prosecutor, Ha as a high profile leader that even the police commissioner respects, will have a hard time against these lower level people. I am excited to see how all the future events unfold.

Your assumption may be right.  They will become partner as I saw a clip of the next Ep. YSO and HWS did a field investigation together and no doubt argued.

My supposition is that the killer and underwear thief must be somehow connected to drycleaning! First, like HWS noticed, the laundry had been done but he is mistaken thinking that YS had folded the laundry. The culprit did it, as we saw in the episode 9 that the victim didn't have the time to do it. She wanted to remove her laundry, when she felt scared and left the roof leaving the laundry behind. However, when the police arrived at the crime scene, the drying rack was empty and the laundry was already  well folded. Then we heard that the body of the victim had been washed.

If I am correct, then this case could have a huge impact on YSO. The culprit looks like a normal and average man. He is married and has a nice little girl. Moreover, he seems to be succesful in his business (expensive car and shoes). A happy looking family can deceive... that's why with this case, YSO will have to question herself what family means.  

After watching the episode with subtitles, I guess, Ha's move is to use inspector Woo as HWS's superior to make HWS leave the police forces. To me, when Ha questioned how good the chief would be, he was referring to Woo. The second question was if he would walk out by himself or not... implying that HWS would get so disgusted that he wished to quit. That's why they were upset that the headquarters had taken over the Special Crime Unit. BGT was no longer HWS's chief and superior.

But in my opinion, YSO will play a major role so that HWS will be protected by her.

To sum up, the pace of this episode was a little too slow, yet like @docster6 pointed out, this episode was used to build up the tension.

PS: @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng YSO revealed her true opinion about marriage: "it is not worth it." These words she confided to Woo illustrates her lack of love and affection for her husband. She only married him in order to have a family. But the question is: is it worth it? Even YSO admits it... she is not happy with this family. MIL and SIL are spoiled, stupid, clumsy and selfish. YSO is used as their maid. Even Woo noticed that KHC wouldn't come home very often. Does he have another place? Then the mother-in-law is using YSO with her part-time. She refused that YSO remained at home, she wanted her to go to her friend in order to get some money. So in my opinion, the little money YSO makes, even MIL is using it for herself.

@dhakra @USAFarmgirl @UnniSarah @larus @Mico Ricco @RobinM

Archived