[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I strongly believe that there will be a happy ending, the only thing makes me concerned about is will ET be erased her memories or not?  I hope that won't happen since the drama is attracted me by its original script and amnesia is such a common thing in kdrama. LOTBS, W,... i watched all of them, and i really loved them at the beginning til the amnesia thing happened == i get sick of the fact that most of kdrama have to have at least one amnesia case, anyway, i still love and support the drama till now :* especially my otp KS and GR

• Like 8

Thanks @ucylucy for sharing the spoiler! :wub: Kinda what we all wanted, isn't it? 

My take on amnesia: I do think after she pulled the sword and the mark disappear, he will be erased from her memory. She will no longer be Goblin's bride but just a normal human being. GR won't be looking for her. Again and again in this drama, ET or KS had said, I will look for you. I will search for you. I will remember you. So it's like a promise and also the word "Fate" and "Destiny" are said many times in this drama too. Writernim threw many hints at us. Memory loss is like a side effect of pulling the sword. Of course I hate amnesia used in drama. But if done right, it could strengthen the story. 

Ending: I REALLY want to see a wedding. We started this drama with ET as Goblin's bride. It will be such a great completion to see her and KS get married. With her finally become his bride in this lifetime and him getting another chance to live as a mortal, same with GR. That would be a wonderful ending. 

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I think only after his queen and Shin died, did the King realized his mistakes and how evil PJW was, but it was too late.

Yeah just because of that I had a hard time thinking about forgiveness. Also there is subtle difference between shin's sins and that of reaper. God expected Shin to be the rational and right one, one who lives by his ethics. But he overlooked the jealousy in the king's eyes and trusted him blindly. While as for the king, may be part of the blame goes to the writer too, she made his character too one dimensional, linear, so we just saw how he's always seething in jealousy, there was nothing to look for beyond that. So contrast to that, the reaper in present time, is so full of guilt and his conscience is killing him, it's hard to find that reflection in the young king. So, there should have been more to the character, we never knew why he can't go beyond the eunuch's foul talks. Writer just created a great concept, but I feel the script should have been a bit more detailed, and developed, regarding the goryeo times.

Coming back to the king and Shin, as I was saying Shin's fault is he failed to live up to his character. Hence god punished him, but with that gave him blessings too. And for that one reason I can say it was may be a decisive moment [or his fate was sealed] when the king sentenced him to death. In his own hell, KS could after all find the bride who can save him. Without the king/ reaper his life would not have come to a full circle, like a game his role won't move to the next phase. Also, life is not all roses and petals so God placed him through this difficult test as he said to the red goddess ' other wise no one would love him'. So I am not justifying the king's behavior, but like how in real life good things and bad things tend to happen, but then through those devastating moments we overcome the pain we have to tackle, may be the same applies for Shin. 

• Like 11

Just wanted to stop by because of the new OST. Finally they released these 3 beautiful bgm, and could not believe two of them actually sung by the April 2nd's vocalist. I love this band in particular. And love it even more now that these two beautiful song is sung by them.

April 2nd's Official Facebook if anyone wanted to know other of their songs --> https://www.facebook.com/April2ndBand/

And the "Winter is Coming" by  한수지 alsoo... FInally... we could just listen to the song without like replaying one particular scene just because of the bgm (and Gongyoo & Goeun of course) So whenever I'm listening to this song in the future, it would reminds me of Quebec memories......eventhou I never been there hahaha.

Have a great evening ahead guys!!

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Yeah just because of that I had a hard time thinking about forgiveness. Also there is subtle difference between shin's sins and that of reaper. God expected Shin to be the rational and right one, one who lives by his ethics. But he overlooked the jealousy in the king's eyes and trusted him blindly. While as for the king, may be part of the blame goes to the writer too, she made his character too one dimensional, linear, so we just saw how he's always seething in jealousy, there was nothing to look for beyond that. So contrast to that, the reaper in present time, is so full of guilt and his conscience is killing him, it's hard to find that reflection in the young king. So, there should have been more to the character, we never knew why he can't go beyond the eunuch's foul talks. Writer just created a great concept, but I feel the script should have been a bit more detailed, and developed, regarding the goryeo times.

Coming back to the king and Shin, as I was saying Shin's fault is he failed to live up to his character. Hence god punished him, but with that gave him blessings too. And for that one reason I can say it was may be a decisive moment [or his fate was sealed] when the king sentenced him to death. In his own hell, KS could after all find the bride who can save him. Without the king/ reaper his life would not have come to a full circle, like a game his role won't move to the next phase. Also, life is not all roses and petals so God placed him through this difficult test as he said to the red goddess ' other wise no one would love him'. So I am not justifying the king's behavior, but like how in real life good things and bad things tend to happen, but then through those devastating moments we overcome the pain we have to tackle, may be the same applies for Shin. 

About the highlighted part. The drama showed that the eunuch was the one who took care of the king since he was a baby. And from that time one, he has been planting a "seed" in the king´s mind. Since the eunuch has been manipulating him from such a young age , I think it was not that easy for the king to turned away from him. The eunuch was also like a father figure for him, so he had a lot of trust in him. Unfortunate for him that the eunuch didn`t have his best interest at mind.

Edit. Part of the torment of the king could also be when, he realised that the person who he fully trusted has been using him the whole time for his personal gain.

• Like 11

do you guys remember when ET first met the GRP, the fairy / goddess was lookin like a granny, and even the GRP saw her as a granny, also when her mother was talking to the granny in the first episode she said she looked beautiful and there were lots of men in love with her..  Now she keeps appearing like she's a young woman but in the last episode ET understood that she that granny, on the graduation ceremony she understood that she the granny she hushhed her. 

when Deok Hwa saw her for the 2nd time he again asked her for a drink, she said go and drink with younger living person, he said you are young, but after he walked she said "I said with a living person"  I believe there is also a connection between the goddess and DH 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

We do not have a picture of them together later on, but at least you can have this one :blush:

PLEASE
Everyone who does NOT want to see the spoiler refrain from looking
You have been warned

Hide contents

I guess I mentioned about the warning, didn't I?

Hide contents
Just this once ... WARNING

Hide contents

BHfdakd.png?1 

I DIED! STAHP MAKING ME SPIT OUT MY COFFEE, I'M IN THE LIBRARY AND PEOPLE ARE STARING AT ME! The horse quote needs to be the motto of our entire thread. Out of 657 pages of discussion, it's the one thing that we will remember forever.

th?id=OIP.Mba6016dadcaf5df8bd4f8a1f9da08maxresdefault.jpgmain-qimg-7c33812c899630f96e03ab0b89b1fe

The Goblin...

A beautiful mixture of wishes & dreams...  A falling leaf that is a holder of their memories... Buckwheat flowers that say what a heart truly feels...  A sunrise or sunset that is the greatest reminder of how thankful one feels for just one more day of this beautiful life...  Snowflakes going up or down or falling all around...  Like life as long as your wrapped up holding on tightly to that person you love.  Trusting & knowing no matter what you might face be it heaven or hell.  Comfort, warmth and Love will surly find its place... Always & Forever linked to each other through time & space and their love locked within their hearts waiting no matter how long it takes...

ET  was his first love...  His only love... His Bride... and in truth his life... 

credit to all original owners of photos...

43 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

when Deok Hwa saw her for the 2nd time he again asked her for a drink, she said go and drink with younger living person, he said you are young, but after he walked she said "I said with a living person"  I believe there is also a connection between the goddess and DH 

Just to correct you, he didn't say young, he said ''beautiful''. :3

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gamshe said:

Just to correct you, he didn't say young, he said ''beautiful''. :3

hahah thnx.. :))  @gamshe what do you think of the little boy, she saved from the other kids, not saved but she helped when the other kids were asking money from him? do you think is there a connection or was it just random? I do not think we have been showed anything random in this drama..  everything is tied in the drama, like a chain..   it's more like jenga.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, libertynow said:

I thought Eun Tak is a missing soul/special case/unknown but lately her name appears on death cards, did they fix her file?

KS asked GR to submit her paperwork in the beginning of episode 9 so that they can tell when her death cards come in and save her. She's no longer regarded as a "missing soul".

4 minutes ago, libertynow said:

I thought Eun Tak is a missing soul/special case/unknown but lately her name appears on death cards, did they fix her file?

Well well well ... what have we here ... someone didn't pay attention ;):P

After ET heard that KS would die when she pulls the sword KS said to GR just to forward the documents and put her onto the normal records.
As they knew it was "either ET or KS" they knew her name would turn eventually (Episode 8)

• Like 7

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet. This is the video of the interview that Lee Dong Wook did with V Live last week(?)

(Eng)【The Guardian】Lee Dong Wook interview (click on cc)

According to this tweet, Goblin is back at #1 for CPI Index at 287.7. Congratulations!! 

1月9日,根據CJ E&M與Nielsen Korea發布的12月第5週內容實力指數(CPI:Content Power Index)調查結果,tvN金土劇《孤單又燦爛的神—鬼怪》(以下簡稱《鬼怪》 )奪得了該排名的冠軍。 調查結果顯示,由演員孔劉、金高銀、李棟旭等主演的《鬼怪》以287.7分的成績位居首位

• Like 24

LDW is soooooo cute. He's literally hubby material....if only he spoke English....and lived in Canada....and knew I existed....

I guess we could just get married and play charades to know what one another is saying...

22 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

@janeeta hahah, yeah but also consider Boogumy as a hubby material.  He's also a hubby material.. he lives with his family, he's a home boy...  yeah LDW is cute... It's too bad he doesn't speak ENG. :) send him tweets lol.  There are a lot of CN actors dating with fans :))

Bogummy is perfection. No smoking, no drinking, family man who is kind and courteous.

LDW is totally my spirit animal and super hubby material, plus he looks SUPER HOT as a blond. 

111111131f6a.gif

And GY, a little old for me (but hey, if ET is 19 and with 39 year old KS, then I guess 24 with a 37 Y/O isn't too bad) is super cute too. I don't think of him as a conventionally hot guy but damn he has charisma and has won me over with his personality. DId you see that video of him throwing secret hearts and winks are fans? Ultra-cute!

6 hours ago, phikyl said:

Grim Reapers and Grave Sins:

So far in the series, many characters have said that Grim Reapers are souls who have committed grave sins in their past life. However, we have not heard this from the deity [acting through DH]. We assumed that the characters were correct when they stated how Grim Reapers got their posts and worked based on that theory.

So what if the other characters wrong? They've already been mistaken about the deity's reasons behind other things. It would not be surprising for them to be wrong about this as well. 

What if being a Grim Reaper doesn't come from having great sins? What if Grim Reapers are actually souls who decide to take on the karmic debt of a loved one? They can't remember their past lives so how would they know for sure that they became a Grim Reaper due to having committed huge sins? Maybe the Queen herself truly is blameless [as far as karmic debt goes].

The Queen might have chosen to take on the karmic debt of the King to save him from purgatory and since she is not the one who accrued those debts personally, she would be given the chance to work them off [Grim Reaper] while the King gets a second shot in another life [because the Queen erased his debt when she took it on as her own].

Taking on the debt could be the reason for the soul swap too and would explain why there are so few female Grim Reapers. It wouldn't surprise me if women are more willing to take on debt for their loved ones [husbands, children, etc] and their souls switch into the body of the debter as part of the Grim Reaper deal. Definitely not saying that men cannot take on the karmic debt of a loved one, just that woman may happen to do it more often for their husbands/sons and that's why there are more male Grim Reapers than females. 

@packmule3 @kokodus @felicialoveskpop

It's an interesting theory, but during that scene with the god in the bar, he clearly stated that GRs lose their memories because they chose to foget them, by drinking the tea.  I think the show has been straight forward since the very beginning. Commit grave sins, you suffer in hell.  Then you get redemption after paying for it. Remember that man who died? GR explained to him that since he killed not only once but twice, he's to pay for it.  I think that after a sufficient amount of time, the god will give him a chance. Just like that female GR.

Contrary to what most people think, I do believe that the show is portraying a god that is also compassionate.  KS could have suffered the same fate, but because he himself was beloved (remember the scene with RL), and because he was busy trying to survive, not because he wanted to kill, he was made into a goblin. The difference between the sins of KS and WY is that KS did it for duty, WY out of sins of jealousy.  And yet, the two got almost the same punishment. (Note what GR told the man again.). KS with immortality, and WY with hell and lost memories.

The queen and that second in command officer got their chance to be reincarnated because they were "forgiven" by the god.  Though the latter also killed, well, he did save a country.  Yet, here is where your karmic theory came in.  The guy was suffering as DB pointed out in her recap.  For killing people, he got the lightest of punishment: suffering on earth.  It was only through the intervention of KS that changed his fate.  Otherwise, he could still be suffering.

PS: the god did not say anything about grave sins, but as their capacity as GR, it was a well known knowledge.  And we can almost concluded it when we observe who are our GRs: the maid, who attempted to kill the queen (spite, jealousy, machinations), WY (jealousy, envy, greed, unfair death to a person).  That is why I do wonder if the writer is a Catholic because of the 7 Deadly sins that she've been using to justify their punishments.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

• Like 15