[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I can't be sure because I've only watched the episode once and it seems it takes repeated forensic watching to figure what is happening on Goblin but here goes.

1-I think once Goblin recognized how much the Goblin's Bride mark had faded with ET protection of Sunny he had the final piece of the puzzle why PJH reappeared now.  I think his inability to hurt PJH with his sword episode 12 set him thinking in that direction.

2- Goblin decided he needed to give the answer to destiny---die to save ET

3-He started his round of goodbyes, again, telling Sad Weeper to watch over Sunny and taking ET on their date retreat.

4-Goblin used ET as bait for PJH [not nice Goblin] he also knew that ET could no longer see ghosts which is why he said he would call her.  He assumed once he confronted PJH , PJH would teleport to ET and the fastest way for Goblin to travel to the spot was in response to ET's summon.  He needed to get there fast because PJH could use ET's body dead or alive, I think.

5-The buckwheat flowers symbolizing lover disappeared in the same way Goblin would at the end of the scene.

6-I'm nor sure Sad Weeper was a part of his plan. I'm not sure what prompted Sad Weeper to check ET's card but date change, was moved up.

7-Goblin's plan was activated the moment PJH poofed out.

8-Goblin wasn't worried about ET's safety too much because he intended to die and take PJH with him.  He knew he needed the embedded sword to take down PJH and there was no way to have ET take it out without scarring her for life.  For the first time Kim Shin and PJH's goal aligned--get the sword out of the Goblin's chest.  PJH wanted it out to kill Shin.  Goblin wanted it out because it was the only weapon that would work against PJH--even Grim Reapers weren't able to control him.

9-The rest is a sob-fest.

I

5 hours ago, 12blbl said:

While waiting for next ep :D. I've questions regarding Goblin's plan in the rooffop. Do you think Goblin knew PJW's intention to possess ET? If he didn't know, what was his original plan luring PJW to the rooftop?

And If GR didn't come what was his plan after possessed ET pulled the sword? 

@packmule3

@selenette

• Like 17

rewatching ep 13 with all my might.... and a huge box of kleenex in tow.. OMG I can't believe I'm still crying like a river!!! Eun Tak can never live without Kim Shin.. I can't imagine how she'll be able to continue living without her other half ahjussie (I'm crying even when I type this) ok it's probably cheesy blablabla but the connection that they have.. it's a destiny that fater than fate.. not just a mere love.. it's beyond even deity's prediction.. who have ever known that they would fall in love so deeply towards each other? and even willing to sacrifice their lives for each other.. this love is sadder than Romeo and Juliet I just can't.............

I need to stop thinking about the sad love of them because it affecting my real life... I become so senstive.. are you also experience the same syndrome chagiya dheul??? this drama is my death!!

• Like 15

What I'm still super interested in is how they will utilize THREE episodes for this. Will two episodes go by in angst and only in the third and final episode will KS and ET meet? 

The things that need to happen in three episodes:

1. KS waking up in warrior outfit

2. KS comes to modern day and becomes CEO

3. ET aftermath

4. ET at 29 years old

5. Cherry blossom scene

6. WY and Sunny reconciliation

7. Quebec lunch date

8. ET and KS remembering everything and happily ever after

9. Mystery of the kid and the grandma (triplet)

10. Maybe a little bit of aunt and evil cousins

I don't see enough material here for three episodes and am puzzled as to how they're planning this finale arch. With the main baddie gone, we just have a few loose ends to tie and a double happily ever after. How will they stretch out so little in three 1.5 hour episodes? I can see this all ending in 2 hours.

I still need to backread a lot of pages so this might've been mentioned before. Do you guys think that GR won't be able to erase ET's memory? I was rewatching episode 3 and that scene he was trying to control her mind ("You can see the sword.") didn't work on her at all. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, frankreich said:

I still need to backread a lot of pages so this might've been mentioned before. Do you guys think that GR won't be able to erase ET's memory? I was rewatching episode 3 and that scene he was trying to control her mind ("You can see the sword.") didn't work on her at all. 

That was cause she had the mark. PJW also couldn't possess her until the mark disappeared. Now WY can erase her memories.

PLEASE everyone put all info, news, and photos of scenes that haven't aired yet under a spoiler tag with a spoiler warning. There are people who avoid spoilers so please be respectful. I saw at least two spoilers in the last few pages. I don't know if it's a Soompi policy but it's common courtesy.

THANKS!!

• Like 6

so i was thinking about how the story will follow and thought i'd share my thoughts with you guys ,

in the ending of ep 5 , when ks and et went to quebic for dinner , and ks saw et's future through the waiter's future ( 10 years later ) :

1-the waiter had the same face

2-eun tak had the same face

3-the restaurant had the same interior

4- it's safe to say that Sunny had her same voice

NOW , remember in ep 11 , when ks went to et's graduation gathering and saw et's teacher - as she reincarnated as a once goryeo woman - he narrates : " every hundred years or so, one or two people are reborn with the same face they had in a previous life. " .. SO if both et and the waiter reincarnated with the same face , wouldn't that be much of a 5% possibility ( also even with sunny too , the 3 of them !! ).. because as far as the drama tells us , the reincarnation rules set in it makes it hard to have the same face .. Moreover , that would be like 100 year later or sth : FIRST , the restaurant wouldn't be the same after such time SECOND , the drama won't possibly set their lives in 2217 or sth

So , by that i include it's a little hard to say that et will reincarnate . so PLAN B -> a time jump of 10 years later set to around 2027 .

I actually find it weird for the restaurant to have the same interior for 10 years later , but it's far more logical than 100 right ?? ALSO , i can't really adjust with the idea that the drama will move to 2027 , it's exciting , as far as an idea , however , will they really carry it out successfully ? seoul life , daily life , clothes , any other varibale stuff , will it be really okay ? - i hope so . One part of me says that we are already in the 21st century - 2017 - as years and as time passes , it's becoming harder and harder to notice the difference  . For instance the changes from 1990 to 2000 is far more noticeable than the changes from 2000 to 2010  , so yeah maybe at the end we won't change very much after 10 years ... Anyway i can't wait to see how the drama will take this into action ...

I thought about the CEO - we all know it's ks , and hope so - , but for once i thought it'd be deok hwa ( he'd eventually work hard until he becomes iloom ceo right ? ) but then there's sth that et will never say it to sunny : that she's meeting a cool man . As her relation with deok hwa was always a friend relationship , I don't think she'd see him in this light . So yess maybe ks will actually get back to work in iloom group ( maybe after loosing his immortality ) and becomes the ceo .. Since st wanted to major in radio producing , she wouldn't work in iloom right ? so maybe it's a joint business between two groups and et will represent her company and was meeting the ceo of the other company ( as her talk with sunny made it seem like she didn't know who was this man )

Adding to that , writer kim eun suk had once made this with DOTS  , the lead also disappeared and then reappeared ..

One final note i've been meaning to say it , however didn't want to interfere in such stuff as not to create an atmosphere here - so just saying i don't mean to imply my opinion here neither to create an argument , as everyone is free to discus their own perspective - kim eun suk's previous drama DOTS dealt with such beautiful morals as : humanity , love and caring for different nationalities and she also tackled religion as there was an arab part even soong jong ki's character once said " Insha'allah " as meaning - in Islam - it's left to the god to decide upon it .. Back to my words , so at first i thought the whole thing about god was so unlike kim eun suk , so i belive - and hope , fingers crossed - that this drama will prove that god is truely fair and kind and by that ks will be back , i mean he can't die we still have 3 episodes left ..

whoaaa sorry for the long husstle , been meaning to write here my analysis but my finals kept me busy ,, hope you all share your thoughts with me yeorobon :wub:

if this drama really moves forward to 2027 , LET'S HAVE A GATHERING IN 2027 IN THIS FORUM , won't this be amazing  ? :heart:

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, lizzyd said:

PLEASE everyone put all info, news, and photos of scenes that haven't aired yet under a spoiler tag with a spoiler warning. There are people who avoid spoilers so please be respectful. I saw at least two spoilers in the last few pages. I don't know if it's a Soompi policy but it's common courtesy.

THANKS!!

I think all Quebec future related scenes should be in spoilers but we always post the current filming pics and I think we all are aware of a time jump to age 29 for ET. I don't know if everyone agrees with this?

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, she had the choice. She could have thrown away the poison, when WY confessed that he knew there was poison in it. She never stopped him. She was just scared that she could be arrested and executed. Her hands were shaking. Striking is that WY told her that it was an order, but she could have refused. She was not threatened or blackmailed. In her case, there was free will but she chose to close her eyes and follow the order without thinking.

I also have the impression that we will see more of her. Also, the fact that Samshin, the cute GR and Sunny are all connected through where they live is not insignificant. I think she will perhaps try to hide her past, and it might forcefully come out if GR/WY meet again.

As for the question of choice - I am not sure actually. When he asked for more of it, he said it was an royal order. I don't think she had much choice. We perceive this through our modern views but in that case, if it was ordered by the King, you had to do it. That is why KS's non respect of the King's order (to die and never come back) was seen as treason. The words of the King were very powerful then!! So I would nuanced that choice-talk a bit...

Ah all the spoiler pics are making me happy :heart:

• Like 6

@janeeta I think I might be wrong though I have seen KS photos with warrior outfit from the future. 

Lunch date oh I had write my own scenario about it a couple of 100 pages back.

ET might be hospitalised after the trauma and she might have a temp amnesia

it's more logical ppl forget some memories after traumatic incidents  

I still wonder about that kid 2nd appearance in the drama 

is he sort of semi-god- angel? 

I bet the grandma he mention is shamsin granny - lady in red

Also when Sunny & GRP met by shamshin granny's stall when sunny asked for his phone no, she said smth like you'll find your troubles from eachother ( not sure about the exact words)

but what was Sunny's sin?  to chose her brother not her husband

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, tara97 said:

NOW , remember in ep 11 , when ks went to et's graduation gathering and saw et's teacher - as she reincarnated as a once goryeo woman - he narrates : " every hundred years or so, one or two people are reborn with the same face they had in a previous life. " .. SO if both et and the waiter reincarnated with the same face , wouldn't that be much of a 5% possibility ( also even with sunny too , the 3 of them !! ).. because as far as the drama tells us , the reincarnation rules set in it makes it hard to have the same face .. Moreover , that would be like 100 year later or sth : FIRST , the restaurant wouldn't be the same after such time SECOND , the drama won't possibly set their lives in 2217 or sth

I don't think so about this because the waiter does look a lot older. You can see in the present day, he has slightly straighter hair, more neat and dirty blonde. In the future, he has curlier hair brushed to the side and is slightly greyer.

A0n9inO.jpgTVWfOHd.jpg

17 minutes ago, janeeta said:

That was cause she had the mark. PJW also couldn't possess her until the mark disappeared. Now WY can erase her memories.

I actually just thought of it a few seconds ago! Haha. It's 2:30am and I can't even sleep. Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, janeeta said:

I think all Quebec future related scenes should be in spoilers but we always post the current filming pics and I think we all are aware of a time jump to age 29 for ET. I don't know if everyone agrees with this?

If a scene hasn't aired yet, it's considered a spoiler. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, janeeta said:

I don't think so about this because the waiter does look a lot older. You can see in the present day, he has slightly straighter hair, more neat and dirty blonde. In the future, he has curlier hair brushed to the side and is slightly greyer.

Yesss chingo that's what i meant :grin: , that he has the same face , with age marks which proves that it's a time jump , not necessarily a reincarnation - althought it cold be no one knows  - 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, makeuptemple said:

@janeeta I think I might be wrong though I have seen KS photos with warrior outfit from the future. 

Lunch date oh I had write my own scenario about it a couple of 100 pages back.

ET might be hospitalised after the trauma and she might have a temp amnesia

it's more logical ppl forget some memories after traumatic incidents  

I still wonder about that kid 2nd appearance in the drama 

is he sort of semi-god- angel? 

I bet the grandma he mention is shamsin granny - lady in red

Spoiler

Is that the future though? I thought it was for the present times cause I've seen a filming picture where they had ET looking at the blossoms and I could see that GY was on set too in the blue coat, looking from a distance. ET was 29 at the time with the short hair so I think KS has already come out of the warrior get up by then.

About the kid, either he's a deity or his grandma is. I don't know, it still puzzles me.