Libera

32 minutes ago, Libera said:

True, i didn't even notice it :lol: Looking forward to her photoshoot for Grazia and i think there will be an Interview too, hopefully somebody will translate it and also the Cosmopolitan interview, she is also in Dazed Magazine March issue and if i remember correctly she said that she also had a photoshoot with Laneige a few weeks ago. She has actually many CF even if she is not super famous in korea, hope she will have even more in the future.

I noticed that too, as my friend said, its quite hard to hit big in Korea unless you are a child actress like Shin Hye (started early) or an idol turned actress because you already have a huge following. Also, it did not helped LSK's popularity to be casted as a second lead, mean/jealous character twice, people knew her but this type of roles will typecast her and will not really build her a fanbase. 

Her role in Weightlifting fairy, though it was also underrated in Korea - I believe is the start of her career. She has been multi-talented ever since, but why do people just appreciate her now? Because of Bok joo, her videos playing instruments, modelling, singing, etc. became viral. That's why her next shows will be a bit critical and I if it is possible, she really has to avoid the second lead villain roles. 

It will not be easy, I guess we have to wait. She needs to be casted with an establish ensemble of actors to hit big. *crossfingers

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rottenxtears said:

Lol, I was rather expecting a beach shoot in Bali but turned out it's not. (This always happen in many models/artists being brought to other places but still not making use of the beauty of the place they went, it's kinda weird and funny tho) But nevertheless, going through shoots like these is like hitting 2 birds with one stone for her. She gets to shoot/work and relax at the same time. Bali and Switzerland are great places to go. Hope that the concept for her Grazia shoot will be better.  ❤

Me too! I was expecting a bit of skin but there she was with long skirt and dress hahaha! But yeah, at least she gets to enjoy Bali/Switzerland. I hope she can join the runway this year too. I'm sure she misses her roots. 

Another thing I noticed, her thread here is quite new, Libera just created this couple of weeks ago - only shows that her acting career's popularity is just starting. She is famous now in the Philippines because of WLFKBJ, more famous than KGE of Goblin or even Moonlight stars. I wish that when WLFKBJ will be broadcasted in free TV , more people will know/like her. Maybe one of those Philippine famous clothing line will consider getting her huhu. They used to have Lee Min Ho, Dara, Mario Maurer of Thailand. Im seeing a couple of fans requesting for LSK and NJH. lol

51 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

Me too! I was expecting a bit of skin too, and there she was with long skirt and dress hahaha! But yeah, at least she gets to enjoy Switzerland. I hope she can join the runway this year too. I'm sure she misses her roots. 

Seoul Fashion Week will be this March! She actually also hinted her intention to walk the runway this year in her Elle interview. But she's a bit worried of the fats she gained from filming WLFKBJ but basing on her recent pics I think she's back to her usual shape and tone. Hope we'll see her in the line-up this year :) 

Btw @jughead2000, you're a Filipino too? Hahaha she's incredibly famous in the Philippines as she could even be considered as "Nation's Korean Girl Crush" in the Ph as a lot of Filipino women are so gay for her and that includes me (and even men here are also liking her a lot) :D 

15 minutes ago, rottenxtears said:

Seoul Fashion Week will be this March! She actually also hinted her intention to walk the runway this year in her Elle interview. But she's a bit worried of the fats she gained from filming WLFKBJ but basing on her recent pics I think she's back to her usual shape and tone. Hope we'll see her in the line-up this year :) 

Btw @jughead2000, you're a Filipino too? Hahaha she's incredibly famous in the Philippines as she could even be considered as "Nation's Korean Girl Crush" in the Ph as a lot of Filipino women are so gay for her and that includes me (and even here are also liking her a lot) :D 

I am though I am not currently based in the Philippines, but I do follow a lot of my Filo friends. Honestly, I was a Goblin fan last December. I was a bit annoyed in twitter and facebook when it seems like they are more into WLF than Goblin. lol Then end of January, I started to watch as I got curious that almost everyone in twitter is raving about WLFKBJ. Poor BokJoo being widely used as a "meme", she was all over facebook. lol

Yeah, LSK is quite famous in Phils. I think she has more potential to hold her first fan meet in Philippines than in Korea, haha. Even famous magazines and legit news online accounts are featuring her than NJH.

Even her Laniege vids, I am now seeing being reposted by my Uni friends. I hope she maintains the hype, again she needs a good drama in the future. 

38 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

I am though I am not currently based in the Philippines, but I do follow a lot of my Filo friends. Honestly, I was a Goblin fan last December. I was a bit annoyed in twitter and facebook when it seems like they are more into WLF than Goblin. lol Then end of January, I started to watch as I got curious that almost everyone in twitter is raving about WLFKBJ. Poor BokJoo being widely used as a "meme", she was all over facebook. lol

Yeah, LSK is quite famous in Phils. I think she has more potential to hold her first fan meet in Philippines than in Korea, haha. Even famous magazines and legit news online accounts are featuring her than NJH.

Even her Laniege vids, I am now seeing being reposted by my Uni friends. I hope she maintains the hype, again she needs a good drama in the future. 

Wow, she is really popular in the Philippines, i wish she would be recognized also by Knetz. She really needs a good project to become one Hallyu star, now i think is more difficult consideiring that China banned Korean dramas/movies and it was the biggest market for Korean celebrities.

I can only hope that if she choose to do Be Careful of this Woman they will pair her with a good actor and it will have a decent writing and directing, even if it won't become a hit i just hope that her acting skills will be recognized so even the hateful Knet can start to open to her and if she gains more love in Korea she can have bigger and better projects that can become big hits and make her one Hallyu star.

11 minutes ago, Libera said:

Wow, she is really popular in the Philippines, i wish she would be recognized also by Knetz. She really needs a good project to become one Hallyu star, now i think is more difficult consideiring that China banned Korean dramas/movies and it was the biggest market for Korean celebrities.

I can only hope that if she choose to do Be Careful of this Woman they will pair her with a good actor and it will have a decent writing and directing, even if it won't become a hit i just hope that her acting skills will be recognized so even the hateful Knet can start to open to her and if she gains more love in Korea she can have bigger and better projects that can become big hits and make her one Hallyu star.

She is hyped because of BokJoo, it became a hit in the Philippines online more than Goblin and Legend. It will be shown along with the big Kdramas in TV, maybe after Moonlight. 

The likes, comments and views. But yes, its more important for her to be acknowledged in Korea, in that way she can get better projects and co actors. Let's cross our fingers and wish for the best for her - she is a gifted musician and I believe she has a kind heart too hence she will be blessed in God's perfect timing. She is also very light and easy to work with, I can see that she somehow "spoiled" NJH when they were working together, like he can do whatever, he can frown, and be relaxed because LSK would not mind. lol So Im sure she will be able to adjust to whoever she works with in the future. 

1 hour ago, jughead2000 said:

Another thing I noticed, her thread here is quite new, Libera just created this couple of weeks ago - only shows that her acting career's popularity is just starting. She is famous now in the Philippines because of WLFKBJ, more famous than KGE of Goblin or even Moonlight stars. I wish that when WLFKBJ will be broadcasted in free TV , more people will know/like her. Maybe one of those Philippine famous clothing line will consider getting her huhu. They used to have Lee Min Ho, Dara, Mario Maurer of Thailand. Im seeing a couple of fans requesting for LSK and NJH. lol

I really didn't want to create a thread because i usually just lurk in the forum and i don't write, i hoped somebody else would do it but it didn't happen, it bothered so much that she didn't have a thread that i opened it :lol: 

Me too think that this is really the start of her career so she must feel pressured, or maybe we fans are more pressured because we want her to succed and to have the recognition she deserves, i don't think LSK cares much about fame so i think she will just do what she feels without thinking too much about making an hit. It would be also good if her next drama will do so-so in Korea and will have a big success internationally like WFKBJ.

One of the reason why i wish that she accept soon another drama is because people forget easily so she needs to keep the attention of the public to be one of those stars that stay in the heart of people and won't be forgotten.

I saw many international fans that hated her because of Cheese in the Trap and some also because of Doctors. But i saw many contrastant critics about her acting as Baek In Ha, some hated it and some loved it while for Doctors people just hated the character but i didn't see critics about her acting. The fact tho that she aroused such attention with her acting as Baek In Ha, is also a good thing, it would probably be worse if nobody even noticed her, it means that she had an impact on people not many can do it.

3 minutes ago, Libera said:

I really didn't want to create a thread because i usually just lurk in the forum and i don't write, i hoped somebody else would do it but it didn't happen, it bothered so much that she didn't have a thread that i opened it :lol: 

Me too think that this is really the start of her career so she must feel pressured, or maybe we fans are more pressured because we want her to succed and to have the recognition she deserves, i don't think LSK cares much about fame so i think she will just do what she feels without thinking too much about making an hit. It would be also good if her next drama will do so-so in Korea and will have a big success internationally like WFKBJ.

I saw many international fans that hated her because of Cheese in the Trap and some also because of Doctors. But i saw many contrastant critics about her acting as Baek In Ha, some hated it and some loved it while for Doctors people just hated the character but i didn't see critics about her acting. The fact tho that she aroused such attention her character Baek In Ha, is also a good thing, it would probably be worse if nobody even noticed her, it means that she had an impact on people not many can do it.

Umm yeah, you have a point. I remember reading a blog saying that she made a mark as Baek in Ha but for the wrong reason, though its still a publicity. I actually felt like Baek in ha created more noise than Seo Woon, though I can see that she learned and gained more acting experience in Doctors, its hard to be pitted against Shin Hye as they will always make her look good. 

I think she is not that pressured, she was actually surprised with the love she received as KBJ, although the ratings were bad, I'm sure she felt the love through her IG. During Doctors, I can see that her IG likes approximately counts to about 200k likes, it was doubled when she did WLF - 70% international fans. lol

If her show does not do well, I hope her performance will still be good so she can still gain offers after the show. I know that she can also pull off villain roles but I believe that in this point of her career, if she really wants to hit it big (or maybe its just me because I can really see her potential), then she has to choose her roles, campy but should be protagonist. Hoping for the best. 

1 hour ago, Libera said:

Adorable Kim Bok Joo gifs

Just counting how many days left for us too see her as kim bok joo. The pouty lips and excessive blinking eyes is her trademark as kim bok joo...I hope she will not have those habits in her new drama. Those habits are exclusive for bok joo only.

I noticed she is easily blushing . Is that becoz of make up or natural since she has a rosy cheek.

In the second picture, her face looked so round in shape and puffy. I bet this time shooting was the highest in weight she had.

I kinda wished that LSK will have more photoshoots with her short hair, I like her recent photoshoots but I wish the fashion team(?) (Make-up, hair etc) must know the concept that might suit her short hair. LSK can't wear wigs/extensions all the time for her photoshoots (if that's what she want, I'm ok with it). This might be their new experience for them if their longtime model cut her hair short for the sake of her drama. Apologies if there are some mistakes in my grammar...

1 hour ago, sima158 said:

Just counting how many days left for us too see her as kim bok joo. The pouty lips and excessive blinking eyes is her trademark as kim bok joo...I hope she will not have those habits in her new drama. Those habits are exclusive for bok joo only.

I noticed she is easily blushing . Is that becoz of make up or natural since she has a rosy cheek.

In the second picture, her face looked so round in shape and puffy. I bet this time shooting was the highest in weight she had.

The pouty lips and excessive blinking is just for Kim Bok Joo i think, in her other roles she never did it, she puts alot of effort to make her characters always different.

44 minutes ago, MarianM said:

I kinda wished that LSK will have more photoshoots with her short hair, I like her recent photoshoots but I wish the fashion team(?) (Make-up, hair etc) must know the concept that might suit her short hair. LSK can't wear wigs/extensions all the time for her photoshoots (if that's what she want, I'm ok with it). This might be their new experience for them if their longtime model cut her hair short for the sake of her drama. Apologies if there are some mistakes in my grammar...

It's possible that long hair maybe suits her more for this they always make her wear extensions, also in other events like MBC award she put extensions on, probably LSK request it because she might feel more comfortable and feminine with long hair and also the haircut that she has now is not great :lol:

Hi...MarianM

I kinda immune to her short hair this couple of months and I love to see her again doing photoshoots with the short hair like in elle last february. She can collaborates with denim or leather jacket fashion team as her next project. I love her airport fashion  to switzerland yesterday. Her oversize jacket that she wore suits her simple but eligant image she has right now.

Yeah....agree with libera....long hair compliments her beautiful face.  I hope she can style her fringe like the one in doctors in her new drama. She super sweet with that style.

5 minutes ago, Libera said:

It's possible that long hair maybe suits her more for this they always make her wear extensions, also in other events like MBC award she put extensions on, probably LSK request it because she might feel more comfortable and feminine with long hair and also the haircut that she has now is not great :lol:

By that, I think more people will be confused if her hair is short or long. LOL. If that's her request, I'm fine with it but I think she should explore more with her short hair when it comes to photoshoots and it may improve also for herself as a model. She needs to step out of her comfort zone.

Kang Yewon, Lee Sung Kyung's makeup artist posted these photo. (Just 2 of the places where LSK had her shoot in Switzerland) Apparently they're in Bern, the capital city of Switzerland.

It's nice to see they're shooting outdoors :) I'm looking forward for this Grazia April issue!!! 

19 minutes ago, rottenxtears said:

Kang Yewon, Lee Sung Kyung's makeup artist posted these photo. (Just 2 of the places where LSK had her shoot in Switzerland) Apparently they're in Bern, the capital city of Switzerland.

It's nice to see they're shooting outdoors :) I'm looking forward for this Grazia April issue!!! 

This looks like it will be a nice photoshoot.

The difference from her hair color and her extentions color is so obvious tho :lol:

Archived