[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick question, in the preview. HY is genuinely surprise that HB and the others found out his identity. In other words, he has been wanting to hide it. Of course, we dont quite know what his identity is yet. but still.

So, the question is why is he wanting to hide it?

7 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Just a quick question, in the preview. HY is genuinely surprise that HB and the others found out his identity. In other words, he has been wanting to hide it. Of course, we dont quite know what his identity is yet. but still.

So, the question is why is he wanting to hide it?

Yup. He has been hiding his identity. I think he knew all along who the others were..but no one knew him. The confrontation scene in preview between HB and HY..it seems like HY already knows about HB which is why makes the statement 'didn't anyone tell you how powerful i am?' I am curious to know why too. 

Also..a few of you guys keep mentioning Nanbak. Who is this character? I am confused. I don't rem this name in the drama so it must be from the comic which i have no idea of. 

Okay goodnight chingus! See you all tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, tianaa said:

kim tae hwan5d01b83caa0e432176ee19e7a15c87899a897e7ddidn't expect he would have a cameo appearance I guess he is one of the lowly gods who resides on earth haha...they seemed to have their own meeting 

I m also shocked and my eyes can't believe it. I really like him  in my amazing boyfriend  (c drama) and I'm waiting for season 2 but before that he already shown up here so happy to see him again. 

So only a demigod (part human) can leave trace a of blood on that land.  Then how is it that he is powerful?  He took after a powerful father?   Or is it that HB has no power?   Ppalli why isn"t it Tuesday night yet?  

It also turns out that jealous MR called JKR to kiss Habaek so he gets hungry.   Little did she know it humanized him to the extent that he can understand humans (and fall for one). 

24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yup. He has been hiding his identity. I think he knew all along who the others were..but no one knew him. The confrontation scene in preview between HB and HY..it seems like HY already knows about HB which is why makes the statement 'didn't anyone tell you how powerful i am?' I am curious to know why too. 

Also..a few of you guys keep mentioning Nanbak. Who is this character? I am confused. I don't rem this name in the drama so it must be from the comic which i have no idea of. 

Okay goodnight chingus! See you all tomorrow. 

Nanbak is from the manhwa. She is HB's first love actually in the manhwa.

Initially HB thought she was human when he first fell in love with her but actually she is from the Imperial Country.

http://the-bride-of-the-water-god.wikia.com/wiki/Nakbin

Hi again chingus! Sharing a few more thoughts before tonight's episode. :D

I kind of feel for So Ah so much in ep. 7..

Selling the land was her way of escape, not only from her country but most so from her misery. Seems like she wants to get away from everything the soonest possible - away from any human as well as godly entanglements and away from Ha-baek..who's going to leave anyway.

"And the worst part of them all is that I started opening up to them
..they're someone I shouldn't have opened up or relied to
Because that person is going to leave anyway..
" - So Ah

My heart broke for both Ha-baek and So Ah when they said, "That's my answer." Both somehow acknowledged what they felt for each other yet both decided to overlook it. For So Ah, it's more on self preservation and for Ha-baek, it's more likely on his duty as the Emperor-to-be.

I even thought his saying, "I've stopped contemplating. I'm going back to the Water Country anyway.." holds greater meaning in reference to his answer to Moora. 

*huhu..bet I'm saying goodbye to the rom-com part now. Sensing a slight shift to melodrama when all our characters have laid down their bias..Huwaiting! :lol:

2 hours ago, Chellsee said:

So Ah can't hide her feelings towards Habaek anymore...

She's obviously blushing. :blush:

Unfortunately Habaek thinks she is attracted to another man (HooYe)... Funny thing that for being a quick-witted, genius God, he is kind of slow in interpreting Soah's reaction towards him. 

To be honest, I'm getting dizzy with all the talks about gods and goddesses and powers :blink: can't follow, much less comment.... but, I'm staying for the cute and the fluff :wink: and hopefully get a little more glimpse of some long silvery hair and eyeliners :D

41 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

Hi again chingus! Sharing a few more thoughts before tonight's episode. :D

I kind of feel for So Ah so much in ep. 7..

Selling the land was her way of escape, not only from her country but most so from her misery. Seems like she wants to get away from everything the soonest possible - away from any human as well as godly entanglements and away from Ha-baek..who's going to leave anyway.

"And the worst part of them all is that I started opening up to them
..they're someone I shouldn't have opened up or relied to
Because that person is going to leave anyway..
" - So Ah

My heart broke for both Ha-baek and So Ah when they said, "That's my answer." Both somehow acknowledged what they felt for each other yet both decided to overlook it. For So Ah, it's more on self preservation and for Ha-baek, it's more likely on his duty as the Emperor-to-be.

I even thought his saying, "I've stopped contemplating. I'm going back to the Water Country anyway.." holds greater meaning in reference to his answer to Moora. 

*huhu..bet I'm saying goodbye to the rom-com part now. Sensing a slight shift to melodrama when all our characters have laid down their bias..Huwaiting! :lol:

Yes...I agree with you. Both are being too realistic and practical based on their current and future circumstances. Like SoAh said, 'the wind' that make her heart flutter has stopped blowing. It's sort of her way to put a halt to any growing feelings she had for Habaek because she knew she was in danger of losing control of herself and she knew better than anyone how much it will hurt her if she let that happened. As for Habaek, he knew he would hurt her the most if he proceeded with his feeling as he understood their situation of being an immortal and a mortal will definitely met with a lot of obstacles and since he's been overly protective of her, cutting the attraction early will be better for both of them.

But the thing is...we knew they were meant to be together so the fate won't let them take the different road. The were already bonded and yeah..the melodrama will kick in soon. Gotta brace myself for it and prepare my heart in order not to be too broken when the show is over (me being a pessimist).

Archived