[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

11 hours ago, dramalala said:

Hi all. I am not into this kind of genre, and also don't have special interest to the lead actor/actress. But I want to give it a try. Actually I have watched first episode weeks ago and have no interest to watch the next episode. My question (for those who are not fangirling to NJH and SSK) is it worth to watch? 

Sorry if some of you maybe get hurt by this comment, yet I just wander around to find another tvN drama that worth to watch... Mianhe and thankyou :')

Hi Dramalala, I not into any actor/actress in this drama but I love a good romance story. Actually my children who already read the manhwa recommend this.  I'm not sure what do you mean by not into this genre. Instead of telling you why should watch this drama, I just stated what I like and don't like. May it helps you to decide.

What I like:

1.  The romance. I love the flow of the relationship between YSA and HB. The story of their love. They have many beautiful scene that describe their relationship. You can capture each scene one by one.I mean, doesn't it a must for a love story to tell love story?
  2. The cringe worthy scene that make you scream. I watch this with my family, even my husband and son are shaking their head, and of course my daughter has to hug her pillow and close he eyes.
  3. The fact that I can't exactly predict the next scene. (Mind you I have watch K Drama quite sometime, to the point I can tell the next of the story)
  4. The pictures are very beautiful. Each scene have a very picturesque and memorable backdrop. 
  5. The music are on the spot. I love all the OST. It give a perfect feeling to the story telling. 

What I don't like:

• I find it quite disturbing to watch how 'God' behave like human and have so much flaws and willing to sacrifice human. "They are not kind of God that I know". I know this is fantasy but to think that a human is insignificant.. hmmmm. I settle it with thinking that they are just the guardian who live in different world instead of God.
  • Too many unanswered question and the fact we have to know a bit of backstory of the original manhwa to appreciate the complex of the 'Realm of the God' .

This is my opinion, of course other people may not agree. However I hope it helps those who want to make decision. The other tvN drama that I love is Criminal Minds. But it is totally in different genre from this drama.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

@thechaosinourstar I agree with the two points in your opinion.In fact,if Habaek did have his powers from the moment he landed in the human world,we wouldn't even be waiting two days a week trying to see what happens next.I say this because even if he did see So Ah or bump into her like when he first cane from the sky,he wouldn't be relying on her.He would have probably found all three stones within a day or something.And I can understand why he was passive 1200 years ago.Firstly,his mom was punishing the humans.She was furious and I'm sure she was thousands of years older than him.No way Hozay should he interrupt her at that time.Secondly,the gods viewed humans as beings who are beneath them since before Habaek appeared.So this attitude of looking down on humans might have been ingrained into him since he appeared.So I don't think he would bother helping them.

Thank goodness he met So Ah.Like @bebebisous33 ,I believe them meeting and relying on each other have changed Habaek's perceptions of humans and what it means to be king and emperor of all realms.Maybe,just maybe, if it's true that what happened 1200 years ago will repeat itself now,Habaek will be able to respond differently.He may even prevent the incident from happening.He could manouvre luck and change the course of their lives.

@thechaosinourstar @kaoru11 @junejungki @Visually-wandering

Ahhhh...MLSHR almost gave me a phobia.I didn't feel like watching any Korean dramas until I saw WFKBJ poster.It looked lighthearted so I gave it a try.It initially kind of hurt to see Baek Ah as Jung Joon Hyung but I stuck with the drama.Thank goodness Nam Joo Hyuk's acting reassured me that it is a totally different character in a totally different world.Somehow,seeing the actors who act in MLSHR star in other dramas or shows didn't bother me anymore because I was able to 'separate' the idea of MLSHR from them when I saw their faces.I still do not watch any period or historical dramas like MLSHR or the recently ended Seven Day Queen though.I'm also not planning to watch The King Loves.I really don't want to feel heartbroken and emotionally tortured again.Maybe I was too immersed in MLSHR that's why I felt that way:(

I saw NJH in MLSHR but I am not familiar with his acting or any other drama & he was the reason  I watched Weightlifting Kim Bo Ju. I am happy I watched the drama till the end. It was fun and entertaining light drama with comedy. I need that after MSLHR. I dont watch 7 Days Queen and The King's Loves. I do not want to endure the same pain again. Bride of Water God is light romantic drama, so I am okay with it but I hope they dont give us sad ending though. @nevill @Visually-wandering

@dramafeverobs I agree. BOTWG is light rom com drama. But I dont know why I cried during episode 10. The scene where SA told HB to stop and treat her like the way before the kiss.sob!! sob!! The dialogue really kill me. 

@SeGafanlady SSK body really umpph!!! I wish I have her body shape. :love:

I am back!! How are my chingus holding up?

I agree with you guys and @bebebisous33.

I think demigods exist for a reason and their human side puts them as the median between Gods and humans. HB will have to learn the human ways before he can become Emperor. Also..i strongly believe that HB will be the one to resolve the 1200 incident and finally have HY accepted. I just hope that HY does not have to die just so he can be accepted. It will be too cruel. 

13 hours ago, dramalala said:

Hi all. I am not into this kind of genre, and also don't have special interest to the lead actor/actress. But I want to give it a try. Actually I have watched first episode weeks ago and have no interest to watch the next episode. My question (for those who are not fangirling to NJH and SSK) is it worth to watch? 

Sorry if some of you maybe get hurt by this comment, yet I just wander around to find another tvN drama that worth to watch... Mianhe and thankyou :')

Hello chingu. Although I am fangirling to the OTP here..i also watch for my own reasons. I have not read the manhwa so I depend on the drama itself. I think this drama is quite good even the songs are well blended. The fantasy genre does stay true as it is about the divine and humans. However, at times it will be slow because the answers to the questions are not always clear. It can move at a slow pace which can easily come off as draggy. But..and this is not meant to offend you..if you had no interest in it from the beginning and no interest to move on to the next episodes.. it means the drama was not able to draw your attention. Hence, it may still be the same for you even if you watch the next episodes. If it is not your cup of tea, it will be hard to change your mind. However, I do suggest you to watch at least a few more episodes and see if it earned your attention a second time. Then you will know if it is worth watching :)

1 hour ago, LadyIgraine said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really anticipating the flashback scene 1200 years ago. I'm anxious to see how this specific incident created such a monstrosity of a mess for the realm of the gods, and the humans who gets punished to serve for eternity.

You are not the only one. I want to know all the details and what happened to put all these motions into place. 

Edit

@nevill @thechaosinourstar You two called for a promise stamp :wink:

tumblr_otcfig4WQJ1rs87mno2_500.gif

@vangsweetie637:joy:Damn that consummation...kekeke maybe all we need is some real action on the last 6 episode..If I can't see some sweet and longing scene on this remaining episode..PDNIM I WILL STRIKE YOU WITH BR LIGHTING!!I SWEAR!!SO HELP ME REALM OF GOD...:joy:Here's my small gift for you chinguya...sorry for late reply..

giphy.gif

@bebebisous33 Agree with you chinguya...

And the high priest also mention that the red water will come for a long time and he still have a time to spend on human world.."enjoy the human world.."

Waiting waiting waiting 3 days left...:grimace:

Have a great day everyone

@Kissy13 hahaha yes..damn that consummation. It was due to JD mentioning about it first :tongue: yes..shall we do this to the PD/Writer instead if we don't get some sweet loving action:

XVhaTyO.jpg&key=3bf4b46bc7646e3904a104eb

Are we too extreme? LOL!!

Omo!! I love this! Our demigod HY. Is he really that dangerous? :tongue:

tumblr_ou4w6jKHVS1vmtoi2o3_250.gif

Chingu..that picture of HB is daebak!!! Thank you! In return, here is yours too..and also..Team Monday!!

tumblr_ou1mjkqS5I1vqlkb3o4_r1_400.gif&ke

This is how our YongYong couple won their name! :D

On 8/4/2017 at 6:21 AM, thechaosinourstar said:

When the times was good, SA still be with him. 

When times spells trouble, she still be with him.

When thing went south for SA, he still be there for her.

When things was all good for him, he still wish to be with her.

To stay in earth with her.

And I called it love.

They meet each other, love each other but may not meant to be together. 

What a star crossed soul mate...

Wahhhhh!!!I really need to quote your post chinguya...my heart is greatly touched with your eloquent writing..not knowing that I'm grinning and crying at the same time...:heart:

@vangsweetie637 I think we are way too extreme chinguya..:joy:Thanks for that lovely gif..:heart:

4 hours ago, wiha said:

I'm not sure what do you mean by not into this genre.

Sorry for not being specific but what I mean is I don't like those customs and make up and how they try to show us about God world etc. I feel like I'm watching very old chinese movie which was good at the time when I was still a kid who didn't even know how to ride 2 wheel bicycle lol. I cringed a lot at the very beginning episode. 

But yes I note your good points. Seems like it will be fun to watch. Thank you cingguya :))

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

if you had no interest in it from the beginning and no interest to move on to the next episodes.. it means the drama was not able to draw your attention. Hence, it may still be the same for you even if you watch the next episodes. If it is not your cup of tea, it will be hard to change your mind. However, I do suggest you to watch at least a few more episodes and see if it earned your attention a second time. Then you will know if it is worth watching

Yes I know but there are also good drama that boring at the beginning but then turn to be good at the 3rd or 4th episodes, like heart to heart and reply 1994 for me. I will follow your suggestion and will give it a try. Thank you cingguya :))

4 hours ago, LadyIgraine said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really anticipating the flashback scene 1200 years ago. I'm anxious to see how this specific incident created such a monstrosity of a mess for the realm of the gods, and the humans who gets punished to serve for eternity.

i really hope they will surprise us, and give us an glimpse to their life there. i do think that the scene when SA is throwing the flower and jumping is bc she is going over there. 

but if not and in the end HB will stay here, we can see that SA is training him well in house work. cleaning and food preparation

also does anyone else think that in the coffee shop when SA compliments HB on his taste sense it is an indication that maybe HB will become a chef here?

IMG_0947.gif&key=291a369bbab12518eb80f22I

( what kind of level chemistry is this? it looks way beyond real to me )

I must say that it's been a while since a drama like this exist.. a drama that drown me so deep in their charming ocean.. the blue turquoise water is so clear it consummed my soul and make me their loyalest servant.. meaning : I can't watch anything else now.... ottoke ige??? :bawling: I mean look at that beautiful KISS!

NEW MV worth to check... and favorite... this one is amazing!!! credit to Melissa Lee You Tube

3 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I

( what kind of level chemistry is this? it looks way beyond real to me )

I must say that it's been a while since a drama like this exist.. a drama that drown me so deep in their charming ocean.. the blue turquoise water is so clear it consummed my soul and make me their loyalest servant.. meaning : I can't watch anything else now.... ottoke ige??? :bawling: I mean look at that beautiful KISS!

it is really beautiful  :bawling:  the angle... SSK expression when ending the kiss... NJH breathless expression .... ok it's soo i-really-love-you-but-we-need-to-get-a-grip-since-we-cannot-continue-this kind of kiss, sweet, triste, melt your heart... after MLSHR, Sam My Way and this Habaek & So Ah, that melt my heart and made me stressed out to wait the next eps

4 minutes ago, wandaraiju said:

it is really beautiful  :bawling:  the angle... SSK expression when ending the kiss... NJH breathless expression .... ok it's soo i-really-love-you-but-we-need-to-get-a-grip-since-we-cannot-continue-this kind of kiss, sweet, triste, melt your heart... after MLSHR, Sam My Way and this Habaek & So Ah, that melt my heart and made me stressed out to wait the next eps

I can watch that kiss forever and every repeated scene has given me a different meaning.. l also noticed that at the end of the kiss.. Habaek actually wanted to have more of her lips.. but she slowly turning away.. very solemn and calm that she's afraid to offend him.. just like how Soo Ah solved her math (Love) problem... slowly and solemnly letting go...

OK seriously this drama has awaken my poetry soul.

12 hours ago, wandaraiju said:

dear  please don't think like that to the writer (not a waste hopely tvn is more moderate than SBS about the episodes), let's just enjoy the drama whatever the outcome, there are lots of ideas, simple things that really touching (beside the kissing everybody love ), one of it is when SO Ah help the grandfather crossing the street . 

Also the twisted ending at every episode make us wanting to see the next one right away, even that are just simple scenes being combined, haha clever.

The writer n PDs' master pieces such as Misaeng and Nine (time traveller) are the proof. As MLSHR, even with its sad ending, it is still a master piece for me... could not forget wangso n haesoo story...

@SeGafanlady @fans123 @thechaosinourstar @bebebisous33 @swagpuppysong  thanks for the insights. i see better the possible message of the writers n pds-nim. i was thinking from eps 1, when the red dress So Ah plunged to the river, that this is a sad drama.  But let's finger crossed that the bride and the habaek can get everlasting happiness

I am sorry if my opinion make me feel you sad.I just hope for next episode we will know backgroud HB than others and please we want to see Habaek show power to SA especially romantic scene.

I excited to wait HY for next episode because he is mystery character..Sometimes he feel sorry and everything and the same time he show wink villain face..LoL...

22 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

I can watch that kiss forever and every repeated scene has given me a different meaning.. l also noticed that at the end of the kiss.. Habaek actually wanted to have more of her lips.. but she slowly turning away.. very solemn and calm that she's afraid to offend him.. just like how Soo Ah solved her math (Love) problem... slowly and solemnly letting go...

yes So Ah is the one who sober first and habaek still wanting more ... greaaat choice of kiss scene ... i want to know how many time they do the rehearsal and finally have this concept of kissing wkwkwkwkwk

39 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Oh ... yellow?? ...haaaaa

rainbow foamy? btw ive seen those pic with caption allover but cant understand whaat they say

can someone translate? they are numbered as if telling a story

37 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

keep going ajja

Archived