[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

Bride of the Water God 2017: Episode 7

WaterGod07-00272.jpg

I’m having a hard time thinking of anything cuter and funnier than Ha-baek in a jealous snit. A furious baby squirrel, maybe? He’s just adorable, and what’s even better are So-ah’s breathless, flustered reactions whenever Ha-baek turns that intense focus on her. These two are definitely experiencing some major attraction, and although they’re still deep in denial, I’m loving every minute of it.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Ha-baek sees the truck barreling down on So-ah and he screams, but he’s too late — when he arrives at the spot where she was standing, she’s gone. He looks around frantically, and across the street he sees Bi-ryum, smirking with an unconscious So-ah in his arms.

She wakes, and Bi-ryum carefully sets her down. Ha-baek manages to stay calm as he asks what happened, and Bi-ryum says he’s been following them all day. He asks So-ah if they had a fight, but she walks away from them both and gets in a taxi without a word.

WaterGod07-00031.jpg

So-ah’s taxi driver is awfully chatty, saying that she looks like the dead come back to life. He says wisely that people can’t change their fate, but they can improve their lives by manipulating their luck.

WaterGod07-00146.jpg

read full article>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-7/

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

I wonder why it is such a big deal that HY is a semi-god that he got mistreated by his father. I mean it was supposed not a bad thing, right? He has some power and I think like human, he can choose to be good or bad (and we can see there are bad gods too). He's been trying to hide his true identity and live as a normal human. I sort of disagree with Habaek for being too harsh on HY when they could have some polite discussion. 

Same here - as much as I like Ha Baek - the way he spoke with Hoo Yee - I didn´t liked it. Sure - thats how he learned it from the High Priest more than 2000 years ago. The Priest was just talking about that creature. The Hate was nearly planted.

I felt so bad for Hoo Ye - Kept in Secret - abused and imprisoned - for many years.... His Name was Soo Chi - and that ment disgrace. Thats sooo sad. But thanx to the High Priest the younger Gods was teached to somehow fear that creature - because his Power is something they don´t know a lot about. How powerful he is - noone can tell. But he sad too - that a Half God could chose to be good or bad - but it doesnt feel like they gave him any chance. I kinda hope Joo Dong was different and he wanted to help - I really hope Hoo Ye did not harm him. I believed him when he said he did not know about Joo Dong. I wonder what the meaning of his mark might be. His love for the Gardening let me think his Father is from the Earth Fraction. But it don´t have to be the Protector Good Joo Dong. Joo Dong seems to be on Earth for such a long time - and his Father was in the God Realm.

After he told So Ah his Story - it became clear that he tested her. He was unsure is she was a God too - but now he knows she is not. Can it be that he don´´t know about the human Servants for the Gods? Would fit in - who would tell him? Noone. I hope he will not really become evil. So Ah is always able to say something what hits him deeply. She is dangerous for him - because she can break his wall. For a moment - when we learned more about Hoo Ye and we saw all the Pictures from the Human Life he had lived i felt like - if the Writer would like it he could be the tragic hero. Like in other Dramas before. And he would find a Person who loves him and heals him. But he has to be the Sidekick.... sob...

Bi Ryeom is just the Guy who needs to test and find out. He is cheerful and playful and likes to take a risk. But I belive there is more behind his mask. His feelings for Moo Ra are true and he wish to be the friend for Ha Baek again - but he is still jealous. And it must feel bad that they left him out so often. He tries to be useful and to help on his own way. Moo Ra is unfair - she used him in the Past and is still doing it. I don´t like Krystal very much - but she fits well for me to be Moo Ra.

Bi Ryeom seem to be in a difficult situation because of what his King did - and what Moo Ra let him do.

And now I have to wait 6 Days.....

episode 8  The story maintains its charms but where are we, what has happened, what have we learned??????

Still so much is hidden from us in this drama. So much is unexplained.

Making a list of things known and unknown, and nothing comes together.

• If Hb has no power how did he make those water fire flies? She could see them in her heart. Very sweet, and romantic but doesn't make sense.
  • Hb told her in the beginning if you fall in love with me, there is nothing I can do. So why is he falling for her and getting a mortal involved when he knows he has to leave.?
  • Hoo Ye and his meaning and purpose are difficult to understand. Still difficult. Does he love Soha? 
  • Rich sassy girl Ms Shin - what is she doing? Does she like Hoo Ye? Wants to be a hallyu idol.
  • Soha's psychic friend loves chubby Nam Soo Ri? So what?
  • I like Hb's suits a lot. Mura got him a fab wardrobe. But so what? 
  • Again, if Hb loves Soha, he still has to leave. He still is infinite and she is mortal
  • We learn that the gods only exist if people believe in them (makes sense, but how does that work into the story?)
  • Hb tells Soha not to sell land it belongs to him. Then he says ok do what you want She sells it. Feels guilty. Finally decides to try to get it back. So? Does the land mean anything?  Did selling it make her no longer his servant and then decides to be his servant again? or not.
  • MuRa says that Hb's words have meaning. So telling Soha she could sell was okay because he keeps his word.
  • MuRa - loves Hb.  Wants to get the stones and find the missing god. 
  • BR, loves MuRa, mischief maker, caused Soha ancestors to be servants. Challenges Hoo Ye. Dated Soha, gave her a ring. But played the field really loves MuRa. So?
  • Hoo Ye is strange.  Seems he has two sides. What does "block" mean? 
  • Who was Hoo Ye's father?
  • Why does Hoo Ye have the mark of that god on his body?  Did he consume him?  Is he a monster like his father? One moment has empathy and the other moment, becomes a psychopath?
  • I will come back to see if some of these strings start to come together. Interesting but too many questions.4881.png?w=150&h=150

Everything is moving nicely at midway with surprises as well.    Our couple has very nice moments.   What made me laugh was how SA actually used the leopard poop issue and thus national interest as excuse for not selling the property, and HY's priceless reaction of huh???    What is that glowy thing on HY's chest?  He killed Joodong who has been missing for 10 years hence the mark of earth god?  No wonder he took a liking to planting things.    Btw every single thing about the preview is daebak, intriguing.  couple moments included.  Anticipating the next episode....a whole 6 days away.   IJH is an amazing actor---HY has  such a gentle shell and a core which seems really evil.    

Sorry to be asking a geeky question---- what is that contract, an intent to sell/purchase or a deed of sale per se?   I am relatively sure payment has not been made,  thus , can SA unilaterally change her mind and refuse to sell?  Just asking, in case anyone knows, because I think it is important  whether the company (and HY) also has the right to invoke the contract and refuse SA's request. 

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@kaoriharang haha yes we have all grown natural instincts from kdramas now :lol::tongue: i originally did not think HY was a good guy. His mysterious aura was too hard to ignore. For me..he was way too calm and cool not to react to the annoying granddaughter when she speaks down on him. He just smiles and brushes it off. Then..how he kept hinting that he focuses on how people feel dug at me. And it made me finally realize that if he reads other people's feelings..it is because he, himself, is using how other people react and feel to build up a personality opposite of his true self. So when he meets SA..she also focuses on people behavior and emotions hence the instant attention draw. I also think there is a reason why the writer made SA a psychiatrist. In the end, SA will be the one to read him psychologically. 

Lol i agree. I will torture my brain cells if I keep thinking about the manhwa vs the drama :tongue::D if i had read it originally, it will be a good reference but looking at only the drama is an individual focus as well :D

haha oh yeah (: we do, hmmm you make a good idea actually perhaps thats why he is so invested into reading others' emotions.

Subs are out, so because of being born both half god and half human, HY has been hiding his identity for the longest time because he doesnt fit in anywhere. In other words he has created this entire 'HY' identity just to fit in somewhere. And now that there are people who know his true identity, I think he feels like he is losing control of what he has taken so long to build.

I wonder why whatever SA said to HY "I am sorry for mocking your sincerity" got to him, it seem to have affected him greatly.

So on HY's body there is JD's marking, there must be an explanation as to how the mark got onto HY right? Unless HY's father is from the Earth country?

Just a question for those who know the manhwa better than me. What was HB talking about the Sky Country and Nakbin and her forgetting human foolishness? Are we talking about the same first love of HB and that she lost her memories? So the Sky King tried to take HB's throne and did some evil act. does he evil act refer to the manhwa where NB dies?

the cutest scene of today was really when HB got off the cab and he has a very cute smile as he was watching SA. oH that man is totally in love already!

I just want to die if anything bad happen to hoo ye in the end he is trying to live peacefully but habaek and bi ryum trigger him make him remember his terrible past I m feeling so sad for him. Love you moo ra❤ you protect hoo ye.

I m wondering is it possible hoo ye saved by so ah's father. And who is hoo ye father that terrible god don't deserve to be god.

I just hope writer don't make his character too bad or terrible. There is no one besides him , not even a single friend. And soah always confess about her thoughts about him and he hurt more by her words.

I m totally afraid after watching preview don't know how much his character turned over.

Godlý looks of moora biryum habaek reminds me Greek ancient gods.

Warning method of bi ryum too cool.

About the marking on his body may be the time when moo ra and bi ryum fighting and stone disappeared something linked to that .what if god stone inside his body but he doesn't know about it as it just struck inside his body. Just a crazy thought of mine.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Bride of the Water God 2017" Episode 8

photo871194.jpg

So it turns out that Ha-baek's assertion that Hoo-ye is more than he seems wasn't just random jealousy apropos of nothing. The entire opening section of episode eight goes into deep backstory, wherein Ha-baek recalls an old conversation that had several important clues now relevant to the current situation. Personally, though, the millenia old flashback kind of makes me wonder- when was the last time anyone went to the human world to collect the artifacts?

read full article >> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-8-108214.html

53 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

episode 8  The story maintains its charms but where are we, what has happened, what have we learned??????

Still so much is hidden from us in this drama. So much is unexplained.

Making a list of things known and unknown, and nothing comes together.

• If Hb has no power how did he make those water fire flies? She could see them in her heart. Very sweet, and romantic but doesn't make sense.
  • Hb told her in the beginning if you fall in love with me, there is nothing I can do. So why is he falling for her and getting a mortal involved when he knows he has to leave.?
  • Hoo Ye and his meaning and purpose are difficult to understand. Still difficult. Does he love Soha? 
  • Rich sassy girl Ms Shin - what is she doing? Does she like Hoo Ye? Wants to be a hallyu idol.
  • Soha's psychic friend loves chubby Nam Soo Ri? So what?
  • I like Hb's suits a lot. Mura got him a fab wardrobe. But so what? 
  • Again, if Hb loves Soha, he still has to leave. He still is infinite and she is mortal
  • We learn that the gods only exist if people believe in them (makes sense, but how does that work into the story?)
  • Hb tells Soha not to sell land it belongs to him. Then he says ok do what you want She sells it. Feels guilty. Finally decides to try to get it back. So? Does the land mean anything?  Did selling it make her no longer his servant and then decides to be his servant again? or not.
  • MuRa says that Hb's words have meaning. So telling Soha she could sell was okay because he keeps his word.
  • MuRa - loves Hb.  Wants to get the stones and find the missing god. 
  • BR, loves MuRa, mischief maker, caused Soha ancestors to be servants. Challenges Hoo Ye. Dated Soha, gave her a ring. But played the field really loves MuRa. So?
  • Hoo Ye is strange.  Seems he has two sides. What does "block" mean? 
  • Who was Hoo Ye's father?
  • Why does Hoo Ye have the mark of that god on his body?  Did he consume him?  Is he a monster like his father? One moment has empathy and the other moment, becomes a psychopath?
  • I will come back to see if some of these strings start to come together. Interesting but too many questions.4881.png?w=150&h=150

I will try to answer some of your questions :

1) Makes sense or not, as long as it makes viewers swoons and heart flutterings, it should be ok. LOL.(in the directors, writers and some viewers pov)

2) It is Fate (cue the High priest voice). The most logical reason would be no one knows when you fall in love or who would you fall in love

3) Everything about Hoo ye spells mystery

4) I also do not understand her functions in this story. i keep on scratching my head everytime she appears. Could be reveal in future eps and i hope i will be surprise 

5) For a comic relief or as a filler i think

6) So that the viewers can be swoon watching his handsome face in a beautiful clothes, being mesmerized by his oozing charisma and beauty in that fab clothes. a drama should take care his fan's feelings too.......

7) We can't determine the future, so just cherish the present

8) I have heard this theory in every fairy tale. You need to believe for it to exist. How it is incorporated in the story? we need to wait and see if it will be answered

9) Habaek said the reason he doesn't want her to sell the land is because others will mock him as a king that doesn't able to take care a tiny piece of land. Due to So ah growing feelings towards him. she feeling guilty. Could the land had any other means? i don't know

As a conclusion, it is just  drama. A fantasy drama at that. All of them is make to create a show that will be enjoyed by the viewers. Do not take every things serious. And do not waste your brain capacity to think or read the drama too much. This is an advice that i want to say for myself too, LoL. I have been drown with the mysteries and questions in this drama that it affects my life . Anyway, let's continue to have a fun ride with this show. With that said, Show, please step up your game in every episodes!

Chingus annyeong! 

--> The last part did Habaek just see the coordinates in Soah's pen? That's why in the preview Soah ask if he's really leaving? 

--> I don't think Shin depyo kill JD but instead could he be son of Earth King or the emperor? but HB and BR talking how the Sky King commit "evil act" to NB! in manwha NB is Hoo Yee brother (father is the Emperor)

or if the twist is Shin Depyo did not know his mother could it be NB? or SA father maybe a God too? 

A question I'd like to ask. Even though I'm not sure if we have enough clue to the answer.

When is the time HoYe entered the human world?

Is it the exactly same time when Moora and Biryeom were fighting at the Gate? 13 years ago? HoYe told SoAh he saw flashing of light and he ran towards it but then his story stopped there. If they were at the same place, the same time, would it be logical that all the 3 Gods would see him or at least sense his presence? Or being a unique semi-god with some unknown power, he can cover up and no God can sense him except for Habaek? If he was there at the  gate during Moora-Biryeom fight. could it possible that he found the stone and hide it? Then JooDong found him, he manage to do something to JooDong and JD disappeared? When he entered the human world he's quite an adult..maybe like 15-20 years old ...so now he's about 35 yo...How could someone adopt an grown -up ? How? Why? When? Where? What?!! Why is this show making me questions so many thing?!!

Okay..i'm going bonkers already..need some distraction to keep my mind not thinking about all the questions!!

24 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

About the marking on his body may be the time when moo ra and bi ryum fighting and stone disappeared something linked to that .what if god stone inside his body but he doesn't know about it as it just struck inside his body. Just a crazy thought of mine.

Or maybe he ate the god

5 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

A question I'd like to ask. Even though I'm not sure if we have enough clue to the answer.

When is the time HoYe entered the human world?

Is it the exactly same time when Moora and Biryeom were fighting at the Gate? 13 years ago? HoYe told SoAh he saw flashing of light and he ran towards it but then his story stopped there. If they were at the same place, the same time, would it be logical that all the 3 Gods would see him or at least sense his presence? Or being a unique semi-god with some unknown power, he can cover up and no God can sense him except for Habaek? If he was there at the  gate during Moora-Biryeom fight. could it possible that he found the stone and hide it? Then JooDong found him, he manage to do something to JooDong and JD disappeared? When he entered the human world he's quite an adult..maybe like 15-20 years old ...so now he's about 35 yo...How could someone adopt an grown -up ? How? Why? When? Where? What?!! Why is this show making me questions so many thing?!!

Okay..i'm going bonkers already..need some distraction to keep my mind not thinking about all the questions!!

more and more questions. good questions. Hoo Ye said that he followed the light and was found by someone who adopted him. So my feeling is that he came into this world before. But he is still very awkward about living in this world, so could be he is only here 13 years.

Yet, another question ( they never end in this show) :  What about his asst. secy?  He seems to have some chemistry with rich Ms Shin.  I thought I heard him tell Mr. Shin something about how humans act and corrected his behavior in the beginning. So is the secy the person who took care of Hoo Ye when he came into the world?

Archived