[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

2 minutes ago, lovcom00 said:

Thanks for recapping, I can't wait to watch it all :rolleyes:

What about the back hug scene they showed in the preview??

I believe It'll haven in the next ep cuz they are wearing the same outfits so it'll be at the beginning of 9 ep.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lovcom00 said:

Thanks for recapping, I can't wait to watch it all :rolleyes:

What about the back hug scene they showed in the preview??

judging from the clothes in the backhug preview it would be next week's episode. Cause HB is wearing that black and white flower suit when SA backhugs him.

And here I am - cursing myself for breaking my KDrama  hiatus for this Show - why coudnt I wait a few more weeks - so I could and I would marathon it - no - I have to wait 6 Days to find out why Ha Baek is so scared and runs toward So Ah... great Idea (Head hits Desk)

Waiting will kill me !

From the looks of it it seems that SA told HB kind of all about her family history and that time when she jumped into the river. Looks like these two are really beginning to open up to each other.

And BR is really daring trying to test HY's powers. It seems that HY is beginning to lose control of that calm facade he always carries around. It seems that whatever that was said between HY-HB and HY -SA really shook HY up. I thin that facade that he has been hiding, I have a feeling that SA is beginning to see that he is not who he says he is? at least that is my guess.

But yes more questions than answers though but I think we will get to know who HY is base on the first scene with the High priest but I am totally going to need subs in order to understand that.

EDIT

Also correct me if I am wrong but we did not get SA's backhug as well as HY's backhug to Jaya right?

5 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

From the looks of it it seems that SA told HB kind of all about her family history and that time when she jumped into the river. Looks like these two are really beginning to open up to each other.

And BR is really daring trying to test HY's powers. It seems that HY is beginning to lose control of that calm facade he always carries around. It seems that whatever that was said between HY-HB and HY -SA really shook HY up. I thin that facade that he has been hiding, I have a feeling that SA is beginning to see that he is not who he says he is? at least that is my guess.

But yes more questions than answers though but I think we will get to know who HY is base on the first scene with the High priest but I am totally going to need subs in order to understand that.

EDIT

Also correct me if I am wrong but we did not get SA's backhug as well as HY's backhug to Jaya right?

dont worry, apparently today was not back hug day, we'll get it in the next ep :D

41 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

OH HY is going to show his true colors! this is going to get very interesting! I knew he was too good to be true.

So am I understanding it right that JD got killed by HY? Since apparently that mark seems to be that of JD's? At least that is understanding of what they are saying. Someone please correct if I am wrong.

I am glad HB and SA are moving closer to each other (: I love that sweet moment at SA's mother's grave, it was just very endearing. Also SA good for you, taking back the land. I guess it does bother her selling it and she is putting her dreams on hold for awhile.

I really need subs to understand whats going on, but I am really liking this episode. Soon all the mask will come off.

I don't think JD got killed by HY. I think the blood on the stone is from HY when he got kicked out (?) of the realm and appeared in humans' world. Like I said, 'I think'. Cos' we still need eng subs to confirm or correct what we know about the episode as of now. 

I love how Habaek and So Ah's relationship is so natural. They are gradually opening up to each other and understnding each other as they put aside their selfish needs. All I hope is that there is no tragic ending.*prays hard*It'll break everyone's hearts if this is like a romeo and juliet story.

So it's not Backhug Day today?? *pouts*..... but can I just say -- YAAAY!! Long silvery hair and eyeliners!! Yes, a little bit of that every episode please.... In fact, it would be awesome if we can soon have such kind of drama in full (no modern times), but I guess it'll need a huge budget... I love the visuals in the water kingdom.

Thank you again @dramu51ch0c10ve @Chellsee @goldenmoon and @ilwoo_aein for recaps and clips!!

Btw, this is not going to have a sad ending, will it?? I am sad enough that IJH's character is turning dark....

I knew that Mr. CEO was not human. I knew it from the beginning. I think he is drawn to SA for the same reasons Habaek and Bi Ryeom are. Her fate is just tied to that world, and I believe his plan all along was to get close to her so that he could get that land.

Also, this human whose blood was left on that stone near the gate to the god's world, could be SA's dad. Her father is tied up in this in some way. Habaek knows after all he has been having visions lately anyway. Plus, what are the odds that Mr. CEO is an orphan? SA's father has always helped orphans and I just believe he went to help an orphan and got caught/stuck in the Realm of the gods.

I haven't seen episode 8 yet, but this drama has been quite good so far. I really like the chemistry between the leads, and Krystal is nailing her role as the goddess. Can't wait to see how all of this unfolds.

I..i..missed the live recaps?? :bawling: didn't wake up in time..lol

Thank you to recappers and gifs..

I knew HY was only suppressing himself. This calm facade of his won't last too long. He has suppressed his true self for too long. Sooner or later, he will snap. Be it his hatred towards the Gods, or his desire to be loved by SA, his true colors will start to leak out. 

But..on the brighter side..HB and SA are falling deeper in love :wub:

Okay. Backreading time :)

8 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I don't think JD got killed by HY. I think the blood on the stone is from HY when he got kicked out (?) of the realm and appeared in humans' world. Like I said, 'I think'. Cos' we still need eng subs to confirm or correct what we know about the episode as of now. 

I love how Habaek and So Ah's relationship is so natural. They are gradually opening up to each other and understnding each other as they put aside their selfish needs. All I hope is that there is no tragic ending.*prays hard*It'll break everyone's hearts if this is like a romeo and juliet story.

Watching it RAW right now - and yes - we need the subs - but I don´t think he was kicked out - I more feel like he run away and escaped from a horrible Life he had in the Realm of God. He was not treated well and he said his father treated him badly.

Human Blood can´t leave traces on that land - and Gods don´´t bleed - so it was human Blood - I can only understand that when Ho Yees Mother was Human but he was grown up with his Father - and he never fit in - because he grows up like a Human. I wonder if he had always Power before - or maybe he stole it before he run from the Realms.

Even he will be the bad Guy - I feel bad for him.

18 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

hmmm. Yeah i am only speculating, cause there was something about the mark. HB knew HY had the mark just what is the mark? that I guess we really need eng subs to figure this out.

and yes their relationship is now growing at a pace that is not weird or force but just as it comes. really cute. The blue water flies or whatever they are was really pretty scene, it seems HB either manage to create it or SA manage to imagine it? haha.

5 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Watching it RAW right now - and yes - we need the subs - but I don´t think he was kicked out - I more feel like he run away and escaped from a horrible Life he had in the Realm of God. He was not treated well and he said his father treated him badly.

Human Blood can´t leave traces on that land - and Gods don´´t bleed - so it was human Blood - I can only understand that when Ho Yees Mother was Human but he was grown up with his Father - and he never fit in - because he grows up like a Human. I wonder if he had always Power before - or maybe he stole it before he run from the Realms.

Even he will be the bad Guy - I feel bad for him.

Well if like we all guess HY is a demi-god meaning he is half human and he lived in the realm of Gods, I have a feeling he definitely got mistreated. Just is that blood from HY? it is right? and JD found that blood when they were fighting just now where is JD in that case.

We are sure that HY has powers right? so if so, just what kind of powers. if HY is supposedly stronger than HB, then it means HY has the power to kill a god? if so, why was he mistreated? if anything shouldnt his father fear him?

EDIT

Ah I forgot, thank you to those who did the live recap and well as the screencap! really high quality!! :wub: Now it is another waiting round again.:unsure:

11 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I knew that Mr. CEO was not human. I knew it from the beginning. I think he is drawn to SA for the same reasons Habaek and Bi Ryeom are. Her fate is just tied to that world, and I believe his plan all along was to get close to her so that he could get that land.

Also, this human whose blood was left on that stone near the gate to the god's world, could be SA's dad. Her father is tied up in this in some way. Habaek knows after all he has been having visions lately anyway. Plus, what are the odds that Mr. CEO is an orphan? SA's father has always helped orphans and I just believe he went to help an orphan and got caught/stuck in the Realm of the gods.

I haven't seen episode 8 yet, but this drama has been quite good so far. I really like the chemistry between the leads, and Krystal is nailing her role as the goddess. Can't wait to see how all of this unfolds.

The Blood is from him - and the Blood is from a Human - so I still believe he is half Human. It is his Blood - we know that now.

11 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

If this turns out to be like Romeo and Juliet, I will bawl my eyes out :bawling: HB and SA are starting to grow on me, and it will be too heart wrenching for these two not to get each other. 

@kaoriharang hi dongseng! So..NB is HB's first love. Different from Shim right?

@ktcjdrama lol at times I am dizzy too. I didn't read the manhwa so I get confuse at who is what and what is who sometimes. So just have to depend on the drama itself to make me understand haha.

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

If this turns out to be like Romeo and Juliet, I will bawl my eyes out :bawling: HB and SA are starting to grow on me, and it will be too heart wrenching for these two not to get each other. 

@kaoriharang hi dongseng! So..NB is HB's first love. Different from Shim right?

@ktcjdrama lol at times I am dizzy too. I didn't read the manhwa so I get confuse at who is what and what is who sometimes. So just have to depend on the drama itself to make me understand haha.

hmmm, I am not sure whether or not in this case NB is representive of Shim. From the subs for ep 7, I am trying to figure out if HB did love that Shim character? because BR said something to Mura that HB did not love that woman, he hated her (which we can see already) but whether or not he really did love Shim that one is unclear. So I cant figure out if NB is suppose to be that Shim character.

Since there is not enough evidence to say that Shim was HB's first love.

Haha well, just remember that it is a spin off from the manhwa so there will be character and certain details changes. Like Mura in the manhwa is not a goodness of the water country but in the drama Mura is. So don't be too confuse, just watch the drama as it is (:

Archived