[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

12 minutes ago, booha said:

**This article shows the name of PDnim, Kim Kyung-chul

Thanks for the information. I don`t know who he is.

You did a great job with translations. Thanks. We were lucky to have you on board. Yoon Hyun min`s character is interesting and I like that we`ll have a contrast with the old fashion cop  Park Kwang Ho. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@larus  :):)

Hi  Well I found another article which has Kim Kyung Chul (연출 production PD(?)) and another , PD Kim Sung Min.    It could mean ‘Tunnel’ has two PDnims.  I read one blog which had an interview with Kim Sung Min.  KSM was hired about 2011 by  CJ E&M so for some projects he has to work with another  seasoned PDnim??

Now this article gives more info about  the lead characters of ‘Tunnel’.   Yes  we will see a bromance  chemi   between CJH(Park Kwang-ho) and YHM(Kim Sun Jae).  So called analog Park Kwang Ho  will have to do period adjustment in 2016 (DB gave a nice speculation about this part)   And LYY(Shin Jae Yi), cool charm of fourth dimension??

I’m glad to learn some more about the drama.  I need to translate it.  

Yoon Hyun-min, Choi Jin-hyuk form detective duo for OCN’s Tunnel

by tineybeanie | December 22, 2016 | 21 Comments

B3F34511-A6F4-4895-AF1A-4B03B8ECDE7E-1399-0000079DAE5AE391_tmp.jpg

After his unexpected release from mandatory army service (due to a severe knee injury), Choi Jin-hyuk (Pride and Prejudice), who has been away from the drama scene to recover his health until recently, confirmed his comeback project, OCN’s fantasy-thriller Tunnel. Baseball-player-turned-actor Yoon Hyun-min (Beautiful Mind) will be playing his co-star for the upcoming cable drama. Please excuse me while I swoon in delight.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/yoon-hyun-min-choi-jin-hyuk-form-detective-duo-for-ocns-tunnel/

@larus :)

Ahhaa  I was in such a hurry for my bed time that I forgot to put your name on my previous posting.    I was excited to learn there will be a fun bromance which meant the drama with some light stuff so I wanted to share it.   Btw Actually I don’t mind about doing translation especially when I’m doing it for my actor.  It’s just I feel self conscious sometimes.  Whenever I saw stuff in DB or other blogs, I knew mine lacked a lot, though I have improved it over time. I used to remind members about my amateur translation which I forgot doing till now. hehe   Yeah the translating stuff has turned out to be very interesting experience for me.  Because doing it I reacquainted and relearned about the language a lot.   Now I can comfortably watch most of kdramas without subs except saguk/legal ones in some parts. 

When I saw in the article about Yoon Hyun Min/KSJ’s chic fashion (which means the possible fancy wardrobe for Choi Jin Hyuk/PKH later because of YHM/KSJ’s influence)  or smart phones and notebooks, I saw many product endorsements for the drama and it meant more revenue for the drama which would be happy news to everybody.   Yes after a few years soomping here I learned a few things(like a good rating means a good revenue which every leads are stress over for)  besides watching kdramas and doing a soompi fan-girling.  hehee

So far I’m happy with the kind of dramas CJH selected.  He seems to know how to pick a drama for his needs; Heirs/FTLY for getting the drama CFs to pay his family’s debt and extra income for his family before he went into the army, EC for the wider exposure overseas and PP which was well made and was (MBC/inhouse) PDnim’s pet project. 

(12/23)

Choi Jin Hyuk-Yoon Hyun Min-Lee Yoo Yeong, First broadcast in March OCN time-slip investigative drama ‘Tunnel’ confirmed the leads

20161222171302573336.jpg

The original OCN ‘Tunnel’ (연출/production PD(?) Kim Kyung Chul, writer Lee Eun Mi) revealed the lead lineup.   

OCN, known for being famous for that kind genre, will once again show a well made  crime-investigation drama. Coming March a time-slip investigation drama ‘Tunnel’ will be launched.

'Tunnel' is a crime thriller in which the main character who is looking for the murderer in the serial murder case of 1980s resolves the case after finding the link between past and present with the time slip to 2016.    The drama will show a crime-investigation story with a warm-hearted humanistic side.   The lead of an old fashioned detective feels awkward  with using the latest technologies such as smart phones and notebooks as he is used to running on foot around the rice paddies during search and investigation. 

Today, OCN revealed a solid lineup of  leads of ‘Tunnel’.  Choi Jin Hyuk named ‘Tunnel’ as his first comeback after the military service.   He will portray a homicide detective, Park Kwang Ho, who arrives in 2016  jumping 30 years of  time  while chasing  a criminal in a tunnel.   PKH pursues with his investigation through a physical old fashioned way.  He tries to concentrate on a human- investigation approach by reading  one’s heart/emotion  rather than just evidence, and strives to break the chain of serial killings that began again after 30 years.

Yoon Hyun Min has shown an impressive performance through each project he worked on. Here he will play the role of the detective Kim Sun Jae from 2016 who is a cool and smart  detective from  a police squad and no pushover  for the criminals who are increasingly becoming cruel and sophisticated. Because of carrying the trauma of the past  that hasn’t been solved,  he hangs on the case more persistently.  While constantly encountering the old fashioned detective Park Kwang Ho, he will create laughter and unexpected bromance and chemi with Choi Jin Hyuk.

Lee Yoo Young  is also known as ‘a monster rookie of Chungmuro’ by sweeping up the new actress awards  from various film festivals, and she makes her debut in the tv screen through ‘Tunnel’.   She is going to dive into playing the role of a new professor of psychology who had been in England for two years and got  a Ph.D with a doctoral thesis on a serial killer study.  She emits a four-dimensional cool appeal that seems to anesthetize everything.  As a police advisor, she helps Park Kwang Ho and Kim Sun Jae to join in catching the killer.

PD Kim Seong Min of OCN ‘Tunnel’ expressed his expectation for the drama “The detective Park Kwang Ho from 1986 is a man full of humanity. The analog detective will display  a humanist sensibility  which hasn’t been seen in recent crime-investigation dramas.  In this process, the past ajeossi/aje detective Park Kwang Ho and  the present finicky/abrasive elite detective Kim Seon Jae  will give the audience a lot of fun through the bickering bromance and chemi.”

‘Tunnel’ is scheduled to be broadcast on OCN in March, which will be the sequel to ‘Voice’

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20161222170628738

Hello!  I'm glad to see Choi Jin Hyuk will finally make his comeback after MS.  I like that there will be a bromance in this drama.  I'm beginning to like bromances better than romances.  

Does anyone know if the drama will be on viki or dramafever?  Maybe it's too early.  

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hello!  I'm glad to see Choi Jin Hyuk will finally make his comeback after MS.  I like that there will be a bromance in this drama.  I'm beginning to like bromances better than romances.  

Does anyone know if the drama will be on viki or dramafever?  Maybe it's too early.  

whahahaa    I thought in kdrama land nothing can top ‘Romance’  but I guess there is always the first one.   Nice to hear your inquiry about Choi Jin Hyuk. Thanks  Yes Cho Jin Hyuk is coming back to  kdrama land finally and soon.     

Btw It seems your avatar looks like  Lee Min Ho(?) who was one of the wonton brothers from Heirs(yeah we CJH fans call  won + tan => wonton   hehe)  I remember the bromance of the wonton bro in the wind cellar. A bro Tan with that memorable pinkish sweater.   Their hugging is very classic!!   hehe

‘Tunnel’ will be on air in March.  I hope for the sake of CJH, viki will play ‘Tunnel’. 

After reading the latest news article I’m beginning to feel optimistic that ‘Tunnel’ will be good.    However I’m very aware that, in soompi, a crime story doesn’t attract many members. Everybody wants Romance or RomCom.   Waiting eagerly to see a teaser showing action & romance, a serious one & bromance…   ahhh

@boohaYes, my avi is LMH.  Wonton bros?  That's funny!  I really liked the bromance between LMH and CJH.  I wish they had more scenes together.  BTS they looked as though they got along really well.    I hope that they are still close.  I also saw CJH in the Heir's running man (sorry off topic); he was very good -athletic.  

I, personally, like crime and mysteries more than romcoms.  Signal and Mask were two of my favorite dramas this past year.  

Viki is pretty fast with subs, but the one thing I don't like is if you stop in the middle and continue later, you end up watching from the beginning again.  

@CarolynH

Yes They met in Heirs.  It seems they became close.   CJH talked about LMH in the interviews. I was quite surprised to read about who LMH was.  You know LMH is a top star yet according CJH he is a star  without celebrity feathers.  CJH said sometimes they got together in his house for beer and fried chicken for talk and relaxation but due to their extreme busy schedules their get-togethers weren’t  that frequent. 

I’m glad to hear you like crime/mystery. Me too. I watched Signal but not continuously. It was very good.  I thought I would watch it later but I haven’t yet sadly. But someday!!      Well I hope ‘Tunnel’ will be good and entertaining  for the soompi members.  Some kdramas are good but not good for talking about in soompi while other ones, though not too good, are very entertaining in soompi discussions.   

CJH HK fan Group FB posted this IG.  https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyuk.hkfangroup

curious who this person is. :phew: 

#ocn #터널 #스튜디오드래곤 #곽인준 선배님 #리딩 #힐링 #김경철 감독님 #회식 #34 #첫방 #설렘 #시작 #응원 #복귀 #혼술 ㅎㅎ 몸은 누가 밟고 간거 같은데 #마음 가벼우니...#행복 !! 

#ocn #Tunnel #Studio Dragon #Kwang In Jun sunbaenim #reading #healing #Kim Kyung Chul PD(**tunnel’s pdnim and producer(?) ) #get together(for a meal) #March 4 # the first day(drama premiere) #fluttering  #start  #cheering #return(home)  #drinking alone ㅎㅎ My body feels like somebody stepped on it # (but) I feel buoyant ... #happy !!

@booha Thanks for all the news.

So, we have a date of the premiere. March 4? I want to put the PD on the drama description but I am not sure if you have one or two PDs. I will put Kim Seong Min and I`ll see later if Kim Kyung Chul is the PD as well.

I am curious about something. How the cop from the past will work with Kim Sun Jae in the present. It won`t be an official partnership, right? He will lie that he is sent by another department? They will know about the time jump?

@larus

It looks like the broadcast date for Tunnel is March 4.   About PDs, I’m only guessing there might be two PDs.   But it seems all the articles mentioned only 연출(PD) Kim Kyung Chul.     Yet the IG picture about the script EP1 shows that under 연출 there are two names (김경철Kim Kyung Chul and 김재횽Kim Jae Hyong ) (which is unfortunately more confusing)(perhaps Kim Seong Min replaced Kim Jae Hyong ??)   PD Kim Seong Min got hired 2011which hasn’t been that long ago, so maybe he is an underling of  PD Kim Kyung Chul? 

PS Yeah soon there will be an official site for Tunnel then we will know about this confusion. 

So glad to see you know about this kind of drama.  You made me think about the possible first meeting of Park Kwang Ho & Kim Sun Ja and perhaps how they meet?   How about this one easy, very predictable scenario where (we know PKH makes the time-slip in the tunnel)PKH runs out from the tunnel to a place(2016) that happens to be a crime scene while conveniently KSJ is there. hehe   From the char description, KSJ knows about fashion so he can see PKH’s cloths is outdated while he is questioning PKH. In 2016 KSJ can easily check about the identity of any citizen on the internet so he learns about PKH.  Because PKH is a detective there should be files and pictures of him in the police bureau.  If PKH comes over to the future 2016, will he become a missing person on  1986’s record file and will history change accordingly?(which every time traveling plot concerns about)  Or the writer comes out with this out-of-this-world scenario to show her chops!!  waahahaa   :blink:

13 hours ago, booha said:

So glad to see you know about this kind of drama.  You made me think about the possible first meeting of Park Kwang Ho & Kim Sun Ja and perhaps how they meet?   How about this one easy, very predictable scenario where (we know PKH makes the time-slip in the tunnel)PKH runs out from the tunnel to a place(2016) that happens to be a crime scene while conveniently KSJ is there. hehe   From the char description, KSJ knows about fashion so he can see PKH’s cloths is outdated while he is questioning PKH. In 2016 KSJ can easily check about the identity of any citizen on the internet so he learns about PKH.  Because PKH is a detective there should be files and pictures of him in the police bureau.  If PKH comes over to the future 2016, will he become a missing person on  1986’s record file and will history change accordingly?(which every time traveling plot concerns about)  Or the writer comes out with this out-of-this-world scenario to show her chops!!  waahahaa   :blink:

I can`t wait to see what the writer comes up with. I bet the present cops won`t know at first his story. It is hard to believe that a person came from the past. They need evidence. Once they know, I think it is possible to be a partnership between Park Kwang Ho and Kim Sun Jae.

I have another question. Our hero can time jump every time he wants? Or this time jump is a one time experience, a last opportunity for him to catch the criminal, to finish the case? This fantasy dramas can bring lots of opportunities to explore, cam bring lots of questions too.  I am glad that we have this genre from time to time. It`s exciting.

@larus    ooohh  I like your point.  It would make a good, fun introductory  opening having a confusing situation which  occurs  because of the appearance of  a bewildered detective Park Kwang Ho who is acting out (just  a little stretching about his behavior , assuming  the drama has a lighter tone…  haha)      About ‘a partnership’,  it might be forced upon them otherwise where is the bickering coming from??  

I made the screencap from the first teaser where one scene shows  a man running with his feet inward and the next scene, outward.  I wondered at the time whether it was the same person or two different persons.  

Btw I just remember that one of the articles says PKH solves the case after he finds the link between past and present through the time slip.  It could mean  the time jump happens once??  

I have a feeling OCN is making Tunnel because of the huge success of Signal?   Isn’t there a possible Signal-2?   They both have a time travel concept.  So when I first read Tunnel and the time slip,  the thought of Signal popped into my head.  I hope the writer remembers that when the viewers watch Tunnel they will make a mental comparison with Signal. Tunnel  better be unique so that it makes the viewers more appreciate this drama.   

:)  The shooting for Tunnel was started.  Perhaps it was for the poster shooting

New IG-Tunnel: (In her IG,  ‘헤어디렉터’ ‘hair-director’ ) Is she handling CJH’s hair?

오랜만에 현장 _ 두근두근        #터널 #ocn #드라마 #최진혁 #heisback

On the location after a long time _ dumdum(heart pounding)

#Tunnel #ocn #drama #Choi Jin Hyuk #he is back

7 hours ago, booha said:

I have a feeling OCN is making Tunnel because of the huge success of Signal?   Isn’t there a possible Signal-2?   They both have a time travel concept.  So when I first read Tunnel and the time slip,  the thought of Signal popped into my head.

Yes, it seams that will be a Signal 2. The writer Kim Eun hee said that she is thinking to do the sequel after her sageuk next year. She said that she remain in contact with the cast and she promises another season. I have mix feelings about it. i don`t want another season unless it has a good story and end it there and not prolong for another season. I am still upset that OCN made two seasons of crime drama Ten and they did not finished the story. They did not have a concrete plan for another season. After 3 years I vaguely remember the whole story.

I prefer another story. This time the writer could come up with a different concept of time traveling. From what I read about Tunnel, the story has its own appeal. I am looking forward to watch this drama.

It could be that the shooting have started. We saw in the picture the first script. Of course, I want more picture behind the scene. i want to see the first script reading, the poster shooting, and other BTS stills. :)

Lee Shia A, Joo Jin Woong's first love,  joins ‘Tunnel’ as Choi Jin Hyuk's wife (12/28)

Lee Shia A joins OCN's original drama 'Tunnel'

According to an official from a broadcaster, Lee Shia A will play the wife of Park Kwang Ho(Choi Jin Hyuk) in ‘Tunnel’ scheduled for airing in March 2017.

In the drama Lee Shia A appears as the wife of Choi Jin Hyuk and once again it is expected that she would be a scene stealer.   In her previous work she received attention with the role of Lee Jae Han’s (Joo jin Woong) first love, Kim Jung Kyung   and in ‘Tunnel’ she will show a distinct character which matches with the time-slip theme of the drama.

78844277.3.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20161228/82066889/2

I wondered about the monitor scene because  I didn’t think someone posted on IG about the script accidentally showing the half cropped image of a woman on the monitor.    Well if the woman is Lee Shia A, her dress looks expensive. 

In her latest IG Lee Shia A gave a greeting about ‘Merry Christmas’   but her dress and bright backdrop light make me think of ...  

eorNmkD.jpg

13 hours ago, booha said:

Lee Shia A, Joo Jin Woong's first love,  joins ‘Tunnel’ as Choi Jin Hyuk's wife (12/28)

Lee Shia A joins OCN's original drama 'Tunnel'

According to an official from a broadcaster, Lee Shia A will play the wife of Park Kwang Ho(Choi Jin Hyuk) in ‘Tunnel’ scheduled for airing in March 2017.

I was confused at first. What does Joo Jin woong`s first love  has to do with this show? :w00t: I never get used to the article titles when they use the actors real name. What is real and what is reel?

Reading the information, I got it. She looked familiar. I saw her in two dramas tvN Signal and JTBC Maids.

Thanks for the news. You are resourceful.:)

About the role.... I think we`ll see her in the past and maybe flashbacks. Or the hero can jump from time back and forth? I like that we`ll hear more and more information.

It’s good that at least we, the valuable  viewers, have been given this Tunnel crumb every day.  haha   I don’t know but this detective doesn’t look that friendly.  Yeah a man with a chip on his shoulder!!   There is tinge of sadness

Okay here is Yoon Hyun Min with a new hair cut.

(parts from the article)

Yoon Hyum Min revealed the first photo of Kim Sun Jae in the test shoot for Tunnel(12/26).   He has changed his hairstyle by cutting it very short  for the first time since his debut which shows his deep commitment to the character. 

Kim Seon Jae is a cool and smart detective from the police force.  Yoon Hyum Min has been working on  the character through script analysis and practice. In order to portray the cool and unconventional aspect  more sensibly  and sophisticatedly, he paid close attention to the styling and showed his utmost enthusiasm for character completion.

20161229_1482969189_66757900_1.jpg 

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1145287

12 hours ago, larus said:

I was confused at first. What does Joo Jin woong`s first love  has to do with this show? :w00t: I never get used to the article titles when they use the actors real name. What is real and what is reel?

Reading the information, I got it. She looked familiar. I saw her in two dramas tvN Signal and JTBC Maids.

Thanks for the news. You are resourceful.:)

About the role.... I think we`ll see her in the past and maybe flashbacks. Or the hero can jump from time back and forth? I like that we`ll hear more and more information.

Well that’s what I consider the headline grabber right?!!– ‘Lee Shia A, Joo Jin Woong's first love, … Choi Jin Hyuk's wife’   I like the sound of it.   haha    I know  they are doing it this way to grab people’s attention and for the internet search with the names.     But when they are doing it in a drama article with the actor’s name instead of a name of the character,  it can be confusing to figure out who is who.  

After you mentioned sequels, I briefly skimmed through ‘Ten’1&2 sites(easy to do because they weren’t many).  (At some point I really have to finish watching Signal.)   I see what you were saying about sequels in general.    Especially for a crime drama, it might  be hard to make the second time as good and tight and suspenseful  as the first one especially when most things about the cast were revealed in the first  unless the drama might restart with a couple of the same leads and the rest of completely new cast which can give a different dynamic and feel.  I’m so glad you know a lot about kdramas.  I’m beginning to have fun even though  we don’t have much about this drama yet.  :)

27 minutes ago, booha said:

Okay here is Yoon Hyun Min with a new hair cut.

(parts from the article)

Yoon Hyum Min revealed the first photo of Kim Sun Jae in the test shoot for Tunnel(12/26).   He has changed his hairstyle by cutting it very short  for the first time since his debut which shows his deep commitment to the character. 

Kim Seon Jae is a cool and smart detective from the police force.  Yoon Hyum Min has been working on  the character through script analysis and practice. In order to portray the cool and unconventional aspect  more sensibly  and sophisticatedly, he paid close attention to the styling and showed his utmost enthusiasm for character completion.  

New hair cut really good, i think he is the most handsome with this hair style.

Archived